[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>its ANOTHER mexican movie about skeletons and day of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

File: file.png (1MB, 942x1064px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 942x1064px
>its ANOTHER mexican movie about skeletons and day of the dead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCChfgGMmpc
>>
>>91145265
The ones in the book of life were hotter
>>
that dog reminds me of scrat so much
>>
>>91145265
You ever heard of Journey to the West? I assume its like that.
>>
>>91145265
Is that first part in the actual movie or is it a just a short, like the Olaf/Sven teaser that showed nothing from Frozen?

Anyway this seems cool. Day of the Dead seems like a pretty cool holiday to an outsider like me. I wonder if Mexicans are annoyed at it seemingly being the only part of Mexican culture that gets portrayed.
>>
>>91145265
>the skeletons arent even sexy
whats the point?
>>
>>91145531
The best comparison is imagine if every American movie was about barbecue, fireworks, and guns because one celebration about freedom is the main identity of the people
>>
>>91145574
So... nothing changes then?
>>
>>91145597
Yes, just like every movie about Mexico has flowers, guitars, and skeletons
>>
>>91145574
I'd be okay with that
>>
>>91145265
It's like book of life, kubo, and paranorman glued together.
>>
>>91145719
Well, those were all good movies, at least
>>
>>91145265
That's pretty much the only kid friendly thing they have to work with tbqh, you can't make a cutesy kids musical about narcos
>>
>>91145719
No offense to Pixar, but I think I'd trade this in to see what a Day of the Dead Laika movie would look like.
>>
>>91145763
>I get all of my beliefs about the world from movies and TV shows.
>>
>>91145265

Eh, book of life's El-Tigre Character designs were more appealing

Looking forward to this though
>>
>>91145785
They would probably do a good job with it- but they already have a fascination with the dead and would be too much in their comfort zone.
>>
>>91145265
>Book of Life
>Paranorman
>Kubo

wtf you doing Pixar
>>
>>91145384
That's actually a pretty apt comparison, Cheers, anon.

>>91145574
Day of the Dead is legit my favorite holiday so every time it gets showcased, referenced or adapted into any form or media I get giddy. If they want to make a few more movies about it, I don't mind.
>>
File: rare plum pepe.gif (1021KB, 600x726px) Image search: [Google]
rare plum pepe.gif
1021KB, 600x726px
>>91145835
>"There's more to Mexico than narcos and Day of the Dead!"
>Proceeds to make yet another cartoon about the day of the dead
>>
>>91145265
>Aztec Dog
FUCKING SOLD, I LOVE THOSE DOGS
>>
>>91145763
I know you're bating but every other holiday we have aside from the universal ones like christmas and such ARE actually about battles and stuff like that. So you're not that far off.
>>
File: IMG_0349.jpg (245KB, 863x752px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0349.jpg
245KB, 863x752px
>>91145265

>What if your bones can talk

PIXAAAAAAR
>>
>>91145265
I think people have pointed out how the biggest problem will be Disney trying to merchandise on Day of the Dead and get all corporate with it. They did have the balls to try and trademark the holiday a while ago.
Even worse if we're going to get thousands of ugly little things with a skeleton that doesn't even try to be authentic, or just barely makes the cut.
>>
Gotta love how clean they make Mexico look, in reality it's a dirty shithole ran by drug cartels.
>>
>>91146869
This
The only other big recognizable we have is Cinco de Mayo, but that's about a bunch of civilians kicking a foreign army's ass
My only problem with Coco is that the designs are kinda bland imo.
>>
>>91145265
Mexicans sure do love death dont they?
>>
>>91145265
>confused look at the audience
Fuck that noise.
>>
>>91145531
From my experience most Mexicans are just amused by the attention it gets, they think it's strange because to them it's weird seeing Día de Muertos stuff outside the days it's suppose to be celebrated, or they just don't give a fuck.

Chicanos tend to get excited and are all "Awwwww yeah that's my culture, we totally do Dia de los Muertos, I'm soooo Mexican"

However MeCHa and SJWtards are always REEEEEEEEEEing about it because they don't want white people having anything to do with Día de Muertos.
>>
>>91145265
why couldn't we just have gotten Book of Life's visual style but with actual good writing and no pop songs
>>
>>91147249
>MeCHa
what are these?
>>
>>91146722
We have the whole Luchadores who fight horror monsters and pretty interesting occult stories and myths that people haven't tuch that much.

Also stuff like the voladores de papantla, I mean can you imagine someone doing something creative with that shit?

Día de Muertos didn't get much attention until recently and then it exploded and even then people have barely scratched the surface of what the holiday is about or what people do in that day.

Like it's acceptable for Mexicans to make funny and morbid poems about how a loved one or friend is going to die and how Death will take them for example, obviously that's not marketable.
>>
>>91145265
because thats the only interesting thing there is about mexico
>>
>>91146931
>with a skeleton that doesn't even try to be authentic
y'know I was iffy about the skeletons but they look better in motion than I thought, the Catrina looks the part considering most of the time she's just a skeleton in a dress.
>>
>>91147439
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MEChA

Alsp I like to point out that people in Mexico make fun of them for the whole Aztlan thing (the ones who know who theh are at least).
>>
>>91147484
>voladores de papantla
It's a spectacle there really isn't that much appeal to it aside from that, if they're gonna choose a mesoamerican tradition let it be the ball game especially if they do that variation with the ball on fire becasue that shit was rad as hell to watch

>We have the whole Luchadores who fight horror monsters
I would genuinely actually kill for an adaptation of El Santo ot any sort of movie along that spirit.

>>91147566
>Also I like to point out that people in Mexico make fun of them for the whole Aztlan
Yeah I can see why I'm reading this shit and I feel like making fun of them too.
>>
>>91145574
Well, what else you got? No really, tell me what you want a movie made about.
>>
>>91146722
The people making the movies and the person who made that comment are different people, anon. What on earth is your point?
>>
>>91146724
it's called a xoloitzcuintli, in case you're wondering.
>>
File: smug president.png (26KB, 326x357px) Image search: [Google]
smug president.png
26KB, 326x357px
>>91145384
>journey to the west
>movie abruptly ends when the skeleton finds an enormous wall
>>
File: IMG_0857.jpg (362KB, 679x676px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0857.jpg
362KB, 679x676px
WHAT IS IT WITH MEXICANS DYING SO MUCH
>>
>>91148004
I wonder if build a wall jokes will continue after he's been executed for treason for selling America to Russia.
>>
File: img000034.jpg (72KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
img000034.jpg
72KB, 800x451px
>>91147984
Officially yes, but no one has he time or patience to properly pronounce all of that so they're called Aztec Dogs
>>
I have a day of the dead idea, let me know what you guys think

>Every year loved ones come backroad life to be together with their loved ones.

>One orphan doesn't have a family, until her great great grandfather appears.

>great great Grandfather wants to be rich and succuesful in the afterlife, and asks his grand daughter to help him out with these plans he has.

>every year the grandfather and orphan continue along the plan for him to be successful, while the granddaughter gets older, and starts to slowly gain responsibilities and her own family, but her relationship is strained with them because of her commitment to her great grandfather every year

>Years later, grand daughter is elderly woman in retirement home, her own family hates her, but she still has her great grandfather visit, for what may be the final part of the plan. It's also revealed that the grandfather is not related to the granddaughter at all, his real family ignored him for his shady business, has been conning people for years, but this is the first time that his plans are working due to the grandfather role he's playing.

>Plan succeeds, but the elderly granddaughter suffers a stroke. The con artist swoops in to try and check on her, with her last words being that he was the closest thing to family she ever had.

>Before con artist tells the truth, he's pulled away to the higher establishment of the afterlife (like that part in grim fandango), and it's revealed that all the plans he's made in the several decades culiminated enough currency to be given the opportunity to come back to the living world to become anything they want to be, or live at any time

>Con Artist spends his wish on his orphan granddaughter, bringing her back to life and on the day she deliverd her first child.

>Photo is left for the granddaughter of her and the con artist together when she was young, with writing saying something along the lines of "Be the family you and I never had the chance to have."

1/2
>>
>>91148129

I wonder if your brand of faggotry will continue when you've been thrown out of a helicopter.
>>
>>91148129
Without a doubt.
Same thing happened to JFK and people still make jokes about him.
>>
>>91145282
This is the most /co/ thing ever
>>
>>91148171

>Granddaughter spends the rest of her life with her new family. Con Artist is back at the bottom again, but on the day of the dead, he visits an orphanage and becomes a surrogate uncle to everyone, bringing gifts, advice, and parental support.

That's all I've got.
>>
File: IMG_0812.png (362KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0812.png
362KB, 640x481px
>>91148129

>Obama being friendly with Putin is respect and joking

>Trump being friendly with Putin is Treason and rigging
>>
>>91148171
>Day of the dead idea
dropped
>>
>>91148129

That's Clinton though.
>>
>>91145265
Wake me up when Grim Fandango gets a film adaptation, maybe then I'll give a fuck about candy skulls.
>>
>>91148195
That depends, will I be shot before being thrown out?
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.