[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friend is a normie who's wanting to get into comics,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1487801005521.jpg (149KB, 565x779px) Image search: [Google]
1487801005521.jpg
149KB, 565x779px
My friend is a normie who's wanting to get into comics, specifically Black Canary. Can anyone recommend comics with her that are good, or ones that are good starting points? I'm not intimately familiar with her.
>>
She's a supporting character primarily, her iconic outfit wasn't around for quite a long time, and most of her solo stuff builds on past comics. They're probably better off getting into Green Arrow and Justice League, kind of like how people who wanna get into Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver should read Avengers and scatered bits of X-Men.
>>
http://comicbookdb.com/character_chron.php?ID=719
>>
>>91136169
Cartoon will always be best then Perez but that's a cute nuRaven
>>
>>91136169
She's a main character in the Rebirth Green Arrow run. I'm pretty sure she had a DCYou run, but I have no idea how good it is.
>>
>>91136169
No. Tell your friend to stay away.
>>
Original Birds of Prey.
>>
>>91136169
Gonna have to go with Green Arrow and Birds of Prey
>>
>>91136169
>My friend is a normie who's wanting to get into comics
Your friend is a fucking liar. If she had an actual interest in comics, she would look some up herself, and not send you off to fetch them for her. Idiot.
>>
>>91136438
It was SJW cancer. By Babb Tarr that gaved us Tumblr Batgirl of Burnside.
Get the current Green Arrow book. The art is better and she bring a lot of contrast between the rich Oliver Queen and her, who was dirt poor when she was younger.
>>
>>91138104
friend is actually OP. just don't tell anyone
>>
>>91136169
Tell her to read non-capeshit, but give her some Black Canary stuff too. In my experience, gals usually like non-capeshit like The Goon, Hellboy, Alien, etc. way more
>>
>>91139307
>It was SJW cancer. By Babb Tarr that gaved us Tumblr Batgirl of Burnside.

None of this is true. She wasn't SJW and Tarr wasn't on the book, but Tarr also wasn't the problem with Batgirl (it was Stewart, who should stick to art rather than trying to write).

It was pretty boring though and I stopped paying attention to it like 3 issues in.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.