[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly changed in Futurama's last seasons? It just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (820KB, 1263x685px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
820KB, 1263x685px
What exactly changed in Futurama's last seasons?

It just seemed more random and less good, but I can't put my finger on it.
>>
>>91134074
lost the spirit or we just became more judgmental
>>
>>91134074
It's been a while since I heard this, but I think like half of the original writers didn't come back for the revival.
>>
>>91134074
beta numale cucks writing it
the same thing that ruined everything in the last ten years
>>
>>91134189
That's what I'm trying to figure out. I mean.. getting over a bit of the fandom and nostalgia has gotten me to see some of the blind judgements Ive made, but I also think that it's changed in a measurable way. Did it get more random? I think the characters got more extreme too, like if you mention Zoidberg you have to cram every joke about him as possible in one minute. You have to make it obvious in that one clip of Zoidberg that he's a smelly goofy and stupid doctor space lobster. It's like they were trying to sell themselves very hard.

Simpsons became like this too but then it stabilized into what is now New Simpsons! So maybe the staff was trying to test the waters and extend the show.. although I think that could be the downfall.
>>
They decided they were tired of having a good show so they started exaggerating every character trait to hell, and getting super random. Cram every joke you can in one minute. Make every episode about one overly exaggerated trait, as opposed to a few. Turn your show into a brand, that'll do it.

Hell they are forcing sappiness now. The Leela/Fry relationship is rushed and confusing
>A 160 year old having a tantrum and meeting his birth parents
>A 160 year old becoming rebelious and joining a racing gang and ends up breaking out of the third dimension

Same reason any show dies. Exaggerated character traits, staff leaving, and selling out.
>>
File: body swap set theory.jpg (101KB, 850x470px) Image search: [Google]
body swap set theory.jpg
101KB, 850x470px
Whatever magic that collection of Math PhD's had stitched together in the first 4 seasons had lost its spark. So they just fell back on and made jokes about pure math and animated scenes from physics thought experiments.

It was... interesting if not all that memorable.
>>
File: pic2015-10-19-21h42m19s514.png (455KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pic2015-10-19-21h42m19s514.png
455KB, 1280x720px
being put on a cable network doesn't help, it got to do more things, but that's not necessarily a good thing.

They really hyped up how crude they could be, and how sexually they could make Amy, to almost whore levels. They relied more on what they could do, than how the writing could be better. I mean come on, EYE-PHONE.
>>
I think they were more straight forward with pop culture references, instead of making them fit in the futuristic setting.
It's not something entirely unique to the last seasons, but it was more prevalent
>>
>>91134074
It lost the feeling of casual nihism from the first episodes
>>
I mean, what do you think? There were like 8 years between season 4 and the return. People change. People didn't return. New people joined.

Generally you just can't go back again, with some very rare exceptions. It's why I hate when people beg and beg for shows to come back. If you really miss a show that much, wish for the same writers to work on something new in the same spirit. Let it be its own thing instead of hoping for things to impossibly be the same as they were. It's like when you get back together with an ex because you pine for the good times. The past is the past, let it go. Shumtimes.... dead ish bettuh.

>>91134280
I found it funny that early in the new seasons they were making Amy more slutty but then midway through they suddenly want you to believe she's some kind of super genius being held back because she's female.

Probably the absolute worst episodes were the one with super genius Amy and the cats, the infamous Zoidberg one, and of course the even more infamous Eye-Phone one.

The Susan Boyle thing may have been the single most bafflingly stupid joke in all of Futurama made a hundred times worse by the fact it was a central plot point to the episode. Nobody watching it today would have any idea what the fuck it's supposed to be about. Same with the handful of meme references. To be fair these kind of trending topics that today change every three seconds didn't exist back during the original seasons so who knows if they would have referenced them back then.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.