[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Famed writer/producer Aaron Sorkin will be meeting with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: tbG2Di9.jpg (764KB, 1280x1956px) Image search: [Google]
tbG2Di9.jpg
764KB, 1280x1956px
>Famed writer/producer Aaron Sorkin will be meeting with both Marvel and DC this week as the two companies look to bring his talents to their respective universes.

>ComicBook.com learned while on the red carpet at CinemaCon in Las Vegas that the 55-year-old is being pitched by each, though he has no real ties to any particular property.

>>“I happen to have meetings coming up with both DC and Marvel," he said. "I have to go into these meetings and tell them as respectfully as I can that I’ve never read a comic book. It’s not that I don’t like them, it’s just that I’ve never been exposed to one. So, I’m hoping that somewhere in their library is a comic book character that I’m gonna love and I’m going to want to go back and start reading from the first issue on.”

Bendis is shitting himself
>>
Foolkiller
>>
Is it movie shit or comics? DC has been bringing in people from non-comics entertainment and easing them into comics though their writer workshop. Could be interesting.
>>
>>91128699
The guy that did West Wing and other low quality dramas?
>>
Westwing was fine, it didnt demonize the right even while being very lefty (alan alda's republican char is the actual voice of reason regarding many policy topics); the problem was the writing could get so fucking smug sometimes.

I wouldnt want to see this dude touch comics IP, but i guess now that Fox had Logan, Disney and DC are hungry for some "serious" cred
>>
File: 1464727603507.jpg (42KB, 326x236px) Image search: [Google]
1464727603507.jpg
42KB, 326x236px
>>91128699
>Bendis is shitting himself
>>
>>91128699
I just like Aaron Sorkin TV shows, I don't think he's make a good comic writer, but if they put him on a Marvel IP I'd be hooked.
>>
>>91130118
Both companies are letting him read their shit. He wants to read an issue that will want to make him previous issues. Bendis is a hack so his stuff probably won't win him over
>>
>>91128699
Hasn't read a comic? Marvel will probably make him EIC. It'll be a welcomed change
>>
>>91130149
Yeah but most of Marvel's stuff these days are written more like sitcoms and tv dramas than DC's is, so that alone might make him prefer Marvel.
>>
>>91130118
>>91130149
No its because one of Bendis' influences as a writer is Sorkin and they have similar writing styles, except Sorkin is better than Bendis in that style and OP is implying that if Marvel hires Sorkin they won't need Bendis anymore.
>>
The guy is renown for his dialogues.
What cape comic revolve mainly around dialogues?

He would probably be more suit to a non cape comics. Or a manga like Death note.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.