[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a Marvel VS DC discussion thread that doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Can we have a Marvel VS DC discussion thread that doesn't devolve into shitflinging and bait. As in actual discussion?
>>
>>91111786
Good luck with that.
>>
File: False Dichotomy.jpg (163KB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
False Dichotomy.jpg
163KB, 857x1202px
>VS
>>
>>91111786
maybe after all the movieshitters go to sleep
>>
Did you see the Spider-Man:Eulogy trailer?

Do you remember when fanfags were celebrating the Marvel-Sony deal? Remember how marvel was going to finally give us the Spidey we all loved and wanted?

Then you watched the trailer.

Then you read the reactions of fans distancing Marvel from this mess and blaming Sony.

Theres nothing to argue about. facts speak for themselves. Tom Holland wouldve been better off cast in Power Pack. hes a fucking awful Spider-Man, especially every single time he speaks in his Disney voice.

You will never see Tom Holland in another MCU movie or MCu characters in future Spidey films. This is the death of the franchise for mass appeal purposes.

And you thought Marvel had the answers.
>>
Okay, here's my opinion based off twenty years of reading comics.

>DC: better stories
>Marvel: better universe

I prefer Marvel's universe, and their characters conceptually tend to be my favorites. Kirby and Ditko were insanely good at creating characters. Yet when I sit down to make a list of what I consider the best comic books (be it OGN, mini, or ongoing) the results are almost weighted toward DC. Now Marvel has plenty of good stories, and in terms of quantity I might even say I like more of Marvel's overall. But DC I think has much higher highs.

And yet I have never given a fuck about DC's continuity. In 20 years I have only ever managed a passing awareness of what's happening across the board, and my favorite DC books tend to be disconnected from the greater happenings of the world. Whereas Marvel I always pay attention to the events, no matter how stupid, and keep abreast of the driving plotlines even if I don't read them. Many of my favorite Marvel stories are likewise disconnected, some are not, but I still tend to find myself interested in how one thing in the universe affects another, even in AU's. I don't know why it worked it out that way but it did, and I've always been satisfied for it. Maybe it has something to do with the DC universe sort of gravitating together naturally while the Marvel universe was engineered for it from the start.

At any rate I don't think either is better than the other. The talent pool overlaps anyway so you'd be remiss to exclude yourself from reading a good book just because you don't like the universe.
>>
>>91111786
>Can we have a Marvel VS DC discussion thread that doesn't devolve into shitflinging and bait
no you fucking retard

even though it's a FACT Marvel is better /tv/ retards will always show up with their "I kinda liked BvS" bait
>>
>>91111891
I'm sorry anon.
>>
>>91111786
Where would you like to start?
>>
>>91112992
You're just going around copy and pasting this shit everywhere aren't you?
>>
>>91113861

yea seriously? we doing like, theoretical fights or just....what?
>>
I've preferred DC for the longest time because their team dynamics and universe are more appealing to me. It's kind of hard to describe but it feels like everything just fits together in a way that Marvel doesn't, and I really like the sense of legacy that you get from not only the hero-sidekick teams but also the JSA to Justice League to Legion dynamic.

That being said, I'm a large fan of the X-Men and a bunch of Marvel's teen team books as well. It's just that not much outside of that appeals to me and most of their "flagship" titles (Avengers, Cap, Spider-Man, etc.) are just outright boring.
>>
>>91111786
You dumb son of a bitch, you should know better by now.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.