[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't we have threads for The Walking Dead the way we

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 11

File: Negan.jpg (157KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Negan.jpg
157KB, 700x1000px
Why don't we have threads for The Walking Dead the way we do for Arrow, the Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl?
>>
File: shrug.jpg (10KB, 251x200px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
10KB, 251x200px
>>91109464
Probably because it doesn't have fans here.
>>
This Negan arc has dragged out way too long.

When I binge-read the comics a week ago, I was surprised by how quickly it was over and done with.
>>
The show has gotten very hard to watch since Negan appeared.

He's the worst case of plot armor ever.
>>
>>91109532
>The show has gotten very hard to watch since Hershel's farm appeared

FTFY
>>
I read all of TWD over the past couple of days. Initially I thought it was really bad but it does actually have a soap opera charm that drags you into it. The art is totally functional and rarely anything more than that.

Overall I'm kind of eh on it but having read it I do now want to talk about the characters and what's going on with them (more so than the overall plot) so I would count that as a success. It's melodramatic and pulls you in over and above everything you're seeing on the page, reminds me of some other comics like Sunstone in that respect.
>>
>>91109464

Because it's so bad, holy shit.
I've started watching both TWD and Flash not long ago, and despite the fact that I think both are not terribly good shows with very lazy writers the difference is staggering. Despite its many flaws and the fact that it makes no sense on occasion, The Flash is still an extremely comfy series with decent pacing. Every episode does something (be it good or bad) and new developments are constant. Even the flaws are fun - half of my enjoyment of the show is laughing at the absurdity of Flash being overly competent one scene and being literally useless the next, or the fact that despite its many technological advancements nobody at Star knows what the fuck a lock is.

The Walking Dead is Nothing Happens: The Series. (Many) characters are flatter than cardboard and they act with no rhyme or reason. The good characters also tend to be the more competent ones (and lazy writers can't have competent characters, or they're gonna ruin their lazy plot points by not being dumb) or complex (and lazy writers are lazy) so most of the time is spent on complete idiots.
>>
File: Twd206_0551.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Twd206_0551.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>91109558

But the arc brought us Jimmy! Jimmy was awesome!

He was too good for this sinful Earth.
>>
>>91109464
We don't want to attract the /tv/ crowd.
>>
>like the comics
>watch Season 1, not too bad, not great but has lots of potential
>watch Season 2
>nothing happens
>something about a kid
>nothing happens
>stop watching forever
>>
>>91109835

Not to mention the show has an absolutely terrible habit of killing off interesting characters.
>>
>>91109880

I'll never understand the absolutely idiotic practice of giving characters character development the same episode they die in.
>>
File: 1490392895392.jpg (54KB, 305x309px) Image search: [Google]
1490392895392.jpg
54KB, 305x309px
>AMC wanted to be so cheap after season one, they asked the writers if the zombies could be just noises and not seen
>Farm and prison dragged out to save money on shooting locations
>show literally prints money for AMC and they were too cheap to get full makeup on anything but a 'main' zombie

I haven't watched the show in ages, are they still penny pinching everywhere?
>>
>>91109532
The Sylar Effect
>>
>>91109916

That cop in the hospital was wasted as a recurring threat.

So desperate to hold on to the Old World, yet secretly not cut out to lead. She just couldn't read the writing on the wall. A cut-off hospital is not a beacon of civilization. It's a stagnant, slowly decaying fossil.
>>
>>91109929

The prison arc was fine. And how they lost it was terrifying plausible.

A simple plague brought on by too many people living together, without access to medicines.
>>
>>91109464
I just hate that they keep giving the hero a crew.
Supergirl has a team
Flash has a team
Arrow has team

can we have a Superhero that works alone
>>
>>91109464
I will say that first episode with rick waking up was fucking GOAT

I gave up somewhere around the terminus arc, no idea when that was.
>>
File: RCO004_1488385680.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO004_1488385680.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>91109464
Because I prefer the comics
>>
>>91109464
Because I stopped watching...ah, yes, it was that episode where they met back up with the black dude from when Rick woke up, with the guy with the backpack and the zombie mazes and shit.

And nothing I've heard about the show has interested me in picking it up again since.
>>
>>91109464
Because it has no entertainment value, not even in the "So horrible it's funny" variety.

Anyone who's been watching it since the beginning does so only because they're too far in to quit the show completely, on the off chance that something interesting might happen. Then it does, and afterwards it's right back to the slog. Lather, rinse, repeat.
>>
>>91109464
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc6-rCK7sjU
Negan is great

Everyone else should neck themselves
>>
File: 1481044446246.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1481044446246.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>91110143
>Anyone who's been watching it since the beginning does so only because they're too far in to quit the show completely, on the off chance that something interesting might happen.

Who here burned by Lost too badly to ever do that again? Or something else?
>>
File: lucille give me strength.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lucille give me strength.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>91110143
>Anyone who's been watching it since the beginning does so only because they're too far in to quit the show completely, on the off chance that something interesting might happen. Then it does, and afterwards it's right back to the slog. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Fucking depressing but true
>>
>>91110094
>two hands in the bottom left panel

is this a different guy named rick or what?
>>
>>91110209
I'm really glad I never came back to Lost after the pilot.

I hear stories about you poor bastards never getting payoff for so many dangling plotlines and drawn-out bullshit and it just sounds painful.
>>
>>91110143
>Anyone who's been watching it since the beginning does so only because they're too far in to quit the show completely, on the off chance that something interesting might happen. Then it does, and afterwards it's right back to the slog. Lather, rinse, repeat.

It was the same for me when reading the comic. I dropped it when it was still "good" but picked up the issue when Negan killed Glenn and the next issue was mediocre so I dropped it again. I didn't even bother reading the back issues to see what lead up to that scene.
>>
I just really want to see how Ohio comes into the comic.
>>
I'm tired of Negan. This is going on forever.
>>
>>91111143

He's too popular with the fanbase but I think now in this arc would be perfect to kill him off considering Lucile is gone, The Saviors are going to be all killed for rebellion against Rick and everyone. Going by the all white cover.
>>
>>91110244
that might be those funny claws he has, not fingers

still, looks dumb
>>
>>91110807
what did you expect after #100? you were expecting super riveting material after the death of a major character and introduction of a major villain? you wanted them to top that one issue later?
>>
>>91109519

Negan arc was fucking huge in the comics, they built him up for a good set of issues before even showing him and when it finally came to the "all out war" issues, there was like fourteen of them. When I was reading it I remember being surprised at how long of an arc Kirkman devoted to a single villain.
>>
The Whisperers>>>Saviors

I've really enjoyed the sense of dread The Whisperers have brought on the communities just knowing they are out there and having no idea when they'll strike next.
>>
>>91111639
The Whiperers are fucking stupid, though.

I could see joining up for the zombie-leather protection, but who the hell hears "ALSO WE'RE ALL ANIMALS SO FUCK HAVING HUMAN DECENCY PLEASE RAPE MY DAUGHTER" and not just nope the fuck outta there?
>>
>>91111198

>Too popular

Problem is, show-Negan is boring as fuck. Quip, violent act, quip, violent act.
>>
>>91112089
>Lemme tell you somthin', Rrrick...
>>
Cause it fucking sucks
>>
>>91110004
A lot of writers are absolutely boned without a supporting cast. What I'm trying to say is, writers suck.
>>
>>91109464
because its a tv show just talk about the comic here on co and that shit on tv
>>
>>91109532
>He's the worst case of plot armor ever.

You don't watch many shows do you?
>>
>>91110004
>>91114322
Capeshows depends on the network and the studio. CW has used the team formula for a decade or so (Smallville, Buffy, Angel). Does Supergirl need a team to be in? No. Does it work? Yes, because her associating with the DEO always keeps her where shes most needed. Tv writers are mostly restricted so it's not entirely their fault but usually the shitty plots are.

A show like TWD is always going to revolve around groups eventually. Rick started out alone then met a bunch of survivors.
>>
Some of the characters behave really bizarrely in the comics, like Rick seems to change his mind every arc and I remember Eugene outright contradicting himself a couple times and then some sorta half-assed explanation later.

I think the comics are definitely dragging out a bit at this point. Is the show any better for that?
>>
>>91117782
Not even slightly.

Rick is a terrible leader.
>>
>>91118031
Yeah. People keep telling Rick he's a great leader and it's like fuck, really?
>>
>>91109464
Because Season 1 worked so much better as a one-off miniseries that it should actually have stayed that way.
>>
>>91109464
the rules of /co/ are simple: If you dont see a topic about it, it means its alright. Not bad or not good, just alright. You will see threads about people whining about it or people shilling it to death, but if no one talks about it, its because its good enough nobody can find issues with it.
>>
>>91118528
That's one thing that does carry over from comic to show -- Rick is a total asshat.
>>
>91120326
I feel that this is mostly because Robert Kirkman does not understand how to characterize him. DESU I would argue that a lot of the well-characterized cast in TWD are like that either accidentally or because they don't get that much spotlight time overall. When Kikrman is hitting them every issue they tend feel worse which I think is because

1) Kirkman is totally willing to prolong/scrap characterization for a cheap drama shot
2) Kirkman's characters tend to flip in character, by which I mean they are one thing then another; there's rarely a gradual change
3) Kirkman clearly has ideas for "this is the conflict" for some of the characters and is unwilling to move on from that, meaning you often revisit the same shit on a different day with a character while he's unwilling to let them be over it.

It's very soap opera-ish in the way it handles characters and to be fair Invincible is quite often the same in its drama segments. I figure it revisits stuff often because anyone could be picking up the series with that very issue. And at the same time the characters of TWD are absolutely the biggest draw and making you identify with at least some of the cast is what keeps you hooked.

The art could do a lot here if it was more in tune with the story. I know they tried to show some background stuff with Ben and Billy but I don't feel that was tremendously effective and it's not a constant thing. The art in Walking Dead is often purely functional whereas I would like it to show more in the background, give a better sense of life; to not skip over depicting areas and people (this feels like a shortcut for TV production) and to occasionally emotionally reverberate with the writing. It feels cheap with these small communities when there can be crowds, communities or areas that we haven't seen. It makes it easier to write but lowers the tension: less of a sense of scale, claustrophia, danger.
>>
>>91109464
Mainly because the people on this board are miserable and rip everything apart to prove how cool they are.

Walking Dead fans tend to be a more positive lot.
>>
>>91121659
>The Triggered Dead
>>
File: nemesis_millar.jpg (51KB, 565x728px) Image search: [Google]
nemesis_millar.jpg
51KB, 565x728px
The Walking Dead takes the Shonen Jump formula and completely improves upon it.
It's become the Minimum Effort/Maximum payoff gold-mine for Kirkman.

Think Heathcliff, but instead of paying the rent, it generates millions upon millions of dollars, and gives him plenty of time to mess around with truly creative projects.

It basically has it's own cable channel at this point, taking the already decompressed and repetitive storyline and decompressing it even FURTHER, holy shit this show could run for Kirkman's entire life.

He'd be nuts to ever end this shit, it's made him the biggest star in comics and one of the great television successes of all time. He doesn't have to film a thing; he doesn't have to draw a single panel, all he has to do is "plot" "What's upsetting Rick this week" like Mark Trail dealing with poachers for the umpteen billionth time.

I am in awe of his Formula. It has to burn Millar's ass that he's so easily achieved what Millar has strove for with all of his "script" comics.
>>
File: Alpha.png (170KB, 390x553px) Image search: [Google]
Alpha.png
170KB, 390x553px
>>91121864
Instead of "this new villain's power level is above 9,000!" it's just crazier and crazier antagonists, past the point of cartoonishness.
>>
>>91121864
>"What's upsetting Rick this week" like Mark Trail dealing with poachers for the umpteen billionth time.
This is the perfect description, holy shit.

>>91121982
I can't wait till we get to Ohio and we have like a Siamese twin and one half is zombified who shoves broken glass into their nuts and rapes dogs.
>>
>>91122207
>This week.

You mean this quarter, right?

We only get a comic every few months.
>>
>>91121982

What Rick needs is a genius adversary, a chessmaster. In other words, an opponent who works in shadows and often uses weaponized zombies.

Zombie bombs, armored zombies, zombie laden with explosives, etc.
>>
>>91122462
It feels like a huge oversight that Negan used weapons laced with zombie blood but that the Whisperers, who actively want to make people into zombies, do not.
>>
>>91109464
we should start having walking dead threads, I just finally read all the comics and have been hoping to see a thread on here. If anything happens to Andrea im gonna kill myself. Andrea is my comicfu
>>
>>91122462

In other words, the Anti-Negan. No one even knows what their leader looks like, let alone their true identity. But Anti-Negan and said individual's followers are experts at pretending to be harmless.

That's how they get you. They're infiltrators, never doing the dirty work themselves but setting you up to be killed by zombies.
>>
>>91109878
>says he likes comics
>calls sophia some kid
Nice try kiddo
>>
>>91122566

The actual identity of Anti-Negan is a Special Operations officer who quickly saw which way the wind was blowing.

Anti-Negan and company are rigid disciplinarians; who survive through anonymity, ruthlessness, and competence. They camouflage this well, presenting an image of being helpless but useful (mainly medics). But under that mask is a virtually Spartan ideology, fused with unconventional warfare techniques.
>>
>>91122566

Seeing a shadowy cabal who want to try and kill Rick off for the betterment of the community or are twisting things in Ohio and their connected networks would be pretty interesting. But still I have no idea what they could gain to make them more interesting outside of being more people on power trips.
>>
What the fuck happened to the CDC?

They'd have had this shit on lockdown.
>>
>>91109558
>>The show has gotten very hard to watch since episode two appeared

Fixed even further.
>>
>>91123056

The most interesting thing is that compared to Rick's previous adversaries, Anti-Negan is genuinely reasonable and cultured. The problem for Anti-Negan is that their entire way of life is anathema to Rick and his allies. They do not compromise on being infiltrators, and they insist on secrecy forever.

They believe they have the right to infiltrate, it's just what they do. It's their way of life.

Trust is impossible when Anti-Negan hides all, but insists on knowing everything.
>>
>>91123296

What you described are The Whisperers.
>>
>>91123345
Yeah, I wasn't sure if the anons there were on some sort of extended parody or what.
>>
My issue with Rick is he's a total asshole.

>Hey, this place is pretty nice. We could make a home here. And, you know, if they have any rules or regulations that I disagree with, we'll just kill them all and take their stuff.

Seriously, Rick, the people of Alexandria let you and your rag-tag band of murder-hobos into their post-apocalyptic paradise and one of the first things you think about is taking it for yourself.

FUCK Rick Grimes; he's a douchebag!
>>
>>91122549
Are you up to date? She was either shot or bitten... so we'll find out next issue whether she's a goner or not.
>>
>>91123296

Anti-Negan: "Let me share with you a revelation I had forever ago, when the Old World was collapsing. Power.....is being unknown, while knowing everything. The mistake all these so-called leaders make nowdays is declaring who they are, and thus painting targets on themselves.

But I will never tell you who I am, Rick. I will never tell you who my people are. That information is ours to know. Real safety and security flows from this. I know what you are thinking. Why can't I trust you? I'm a realist. I just can't take the chance. I have lost too many people over trust. Trust is just another word for giving up your advantage. So here's the deal. I monitor your people, whenever and however I want.

Knowledge is what I value, not empty words. If you are the good leader you claim to be, we will not have a problem. Make no mistake however. We will not give up our way of life. And if you think that's unfair, that's your mistake. You chose to make yourselves known to all."
>>
>>91123460

I'm saying shot because every member of the Grimes family has been. It's like a tradition for them.
>>
>>91109464
Because Walking Dead is garbage for normies and retards.
>>
>>91123524
So Anti-Negan is the Silent Knife as opposed to the Barbwire Bat?
>>
>>91109464
It's shit. That's why
>>
>>91123524
>>91123610

Please stop writing your Walking Dead fanfiction ITT.
>>
>>91123704
This: >>91123610 was my only post on the subject, thank you.
>>
>>91123704
Speaking of fan-fiction, fucking Telltale Games writes a better Walking Dead plot than Kirkman does.
>>
>>91123610

Yes. Anti-Negan's terms are simple. Honor our very invasive, distrustful and paranoia-inducing way of life; and we will be reasonable.

And yes, they gave that ultimatum to the Saviors and they've been enemies ever since (Anti-Negan relying on anonymity and black ops tactics to menace isolated survivor groups, his followers constantly changing identities).
>>
>>91109464
>The Walking Dead, the Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl
All shit.
>>
>>91123884

The war between them though only was in its infancy when Rick rose up against Negan. So the infiltrators let Rick do their dirty work for them.
>>
>>91110004
We need a cape show that's like the X-Files. Interesting monster cases of the week shit but with a singular enigmatic hero instead of duo. like x-files they can sprinkle in some lore every once and while and give us more info about our lead character.
>>
>>91124134

So in summary, that's Anti-Negan. A "nameless" masked individual who has made anonymity, infiltration, and endless spying the absolutely unbreakable way of life for the group. It's basically their religion, their drawn line in the sand.
>>
>>91111932
>>91111639

yeah whispererers are pretty dumb and its inconceivable that so many people would join up with such an extreme cult when saner options exist
>>
"The Walking Dead" uses the same basic plot structure for each season, substituting new characters for old ones when necessary, without saying or doing anything drastically different or interesting. Season Two is arguably where this trend began, because it spent basically the entire season spinning wheels and gazing at navels down on Herschel's farm.

Nothing about this show is interesting. Nothing about this show is even all that good, aside from the zombie effects. Whatever potential the show had died back in Season Two. Hell, what is even going to be the ending of this show - everyone dies or turns into zombies and that is the end of humanity? Who the fuck wants to be that fucking depressed?

This show is misery porn. It exists only to make you feel awful for having watched it. If I wanted to hate myself for experiencing /co/ content, I would go watch the DCEU films again.
>>
>>91124449

Getting rid of Darabont was a mistake.
>>
>>91123433

He's just a hard man. One of the things I like about the comic is that it has a fairly realistic portrayal of what happens to a hero in a situation Rick is in. Early on he was a bright-eyed white knight, and by the time the Alexandria arc rolls around you kind of hate him a little. But that's what happens to a person who's been fucked over repeatedly by giving the benefit of the doubt and has had to gradually make harder and harder choices.
>>
>>91109464
I'm done with this show. I've been wanting to quit this show for years, it's been shit since the Governor but I couldn't let it go. I ripped it off like a dirty band-aid at the start of this season and haven't gone back. I have absolutely no intention to either.
>>
>>91124556

Killing Brian/Philip was a mistake, Kirkman should have made him fuck off into the woods like the survivors after he realized the prison was long gone so he could re-appear at some point being a boogeyman figure like Davidson.
>>
>>91123460
Yeah, I read 165 but I'm hoping its a kirkman fakeout and she's not seriously hurt. I don't wanna lose her.
>>
Shut it, do you WANT /tv/ to hear you?
>>
>>91124547
Given what he did to the Mist, I would think Darabont would be even more indulgent in the misery porn aspect of the series.
>>
>>91123575
Maybe the TV show but the comic is great, go read your normie capeshit
>>
Outcast is superior
>>
>>91126153
The Mist?
>>
Eugene is a sniveling, unworthy little coward, more trouble than he's worth.
>>
>>91109464
All the muh strong womyn character bullshit. Carol being this bad ass metamucil ,ensure drinking cankarous old cunt. when in the comics she offed herself after being rejected by that nigger in the prison. In the comics Kirkman's portrayal of females up to like issue 100 was more accurate as to how women would fare in an apocalyptic end of civilization situation. Every time women get involved in something that they have no business in they portray women as these powerful competent beings that are as good and as smart as the men. When in reality they'd just suck the cock of the strongest man and betray all the other bitches that would threaten her stance within the primal survival hierarchy.

TL:DR It's bullshit womyn be strong and are as competent and agile and fit as men even though they weigh 300lbs.
>>
>>91126850
You're right but he's smart and can build shit to restore civilization. If the strong didn't protect autists like him (see Tesla) we wouldn't be where we are today.
>>
>>91126939
Negan's harem of wives is the more 'realistic' interpretation, then?
>>
>>91126850
If you can't parallel Eugene and Gabriel and see why Eugene is actually worth a shit then you must be retarded.

Eugene cares about the community and is repeatedly willing to sacrifice himself for it. Most often he is stopped by leaders within that community who understand Eugene is more or less the most valuable non-leader member of it. He is plainly not more trouble than he's worth: his bullets kept Rick's people in the fight against the Saviours, allowed the Hilltop to rearm and his herding techniques have enabled them to create a safe corridor since then.

Eugene was initially cowardly but since then has invested almost everything into his community. His biggest problem is his own self-worth.
>>
>>91127067
I was referring to the show; it's good to know he's not as despicable in the book.
>>
>people actually have a problem with Negan even though they like him
Nobody dislikes Negan, but then I see fucking idiots like "wow they ruined Negan he's great thought" etc, make up your fucking minds.
>HOT DIGGITY DOG *camera zooms out*
>A baseball bat doesn't have a pussy. Get the hell out.
>Your kid, he hid in one of my trucks and machine gunned a bunch of my men down and I brought him home, safe and sound. And I fed him spaghetti.
>>
>>91124449
I watch it all the time, as does millions of viewers, and I can say for myself at least that I don't get, or at least very rarely, get depressed watching it nor watch it for the "misery porn", if you could call it that. I watch it for the fact it's a combination of both horror AND drama. I watch/read it for the characters as well as the zombies and horror. You're not really accurate about characters getting rehashed every single season. You only mention season 2 when there's 7 fucking seasons, and while yes, a lot of characters die, because its a fucking zombie show, but most of said characters are B and C listers, while the core group characters (Rick, Glenn, Michonne, etc.) only die every other season and a half or something, which again, being 16 episodes for a fucking ZOMBIE show. I don't understand why that comes as a shock to somebody who sat down and watched it. There's a lot more story that you're not even bothering to touch base on. Every person who criticizes TWD generalizes the entire story based on one or two out of several story arcs, implying all shows don't have better and worse arcs. Just because some follow similar formulas doesn't mean the specific events that take place within them aren't interesting and entertaining on their own. In the comics I've grown attached to Andrea to the point I was actually pretty saddened by her death recetly. After reading along with a character for 162 issues you actually feel lose when they die, its pretty decent storytelling IMO, more than any regular zombie flick. If you decided to read/watch TWD, you obviously like zombies, so it confuses me you don't love TWD because its basically a zombie flick on steroids and never ends.
>>
>>91127017
Pretty much in the comics yes.
>>
>>91127302
It's all the mary sue bullshit in the series and watered down enemies. Most saviors look like pussies trying to act all tough.
>>
>>91110214
I laughed my ass off when this fag was praying to a piece of wood. Why hasn't anyone killed him already?
>>
>>91122672
I still find myself reading and enjoying the comics each month and I can't remember the name of half he people that show up on it. I know Maggie's "kid" is a main character but I can't remember her name for the fucking life of me.
>>
>>91123433
provided you're not baiting:
he'd been fucked over multiple times by trusting other people to do the right thing, and unlike a videogame if you die you don't get another chance

rick's band rolling up on a fortified and sustainable area and then seeing it practically almost wasted because the previous inhabiant's retardation pushed him over the edge, making his mind up to take control of it and keep it functioning for a semblance of normalcy.

eventually it would have been discovered by someone else and they would have taken it over since they were fairly ill prepared to deal with people to begin with.
>>
>>91127506
It was pretty satisfying to see Dwight actually up and fix a bunch of shit.
>>
>>91109464
We have for the comic but most of /co/ doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>91123104
They're dead anon
>>
>>91127111
In the book he's one of Rick's top men, saving the community with his contributions
>>
>>91123524
so we BoS now?
>>
>>91109464
Because it sucks more so than all the shows you listed?
>>
>>91109464
zombie apocalypses are boring
>>
>>91126709
Stephen King adaptation he directed, great short story and a solid film adaptation up until the end where its bleakness becomes a parody of itself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4nZUEkAsw8
>>
>>91127302

>After reading along with a character for 162 issues you actually feel lose when they die, its pretty decent storytelling IMO, more than any regular zombie flick.

A serialised story with more than two hours to craft and present its characters has more of a chance to create characters you can really care about? HOLY SHIT STOP THE PRESSES THIS IS A FUCKING REVELATION! ...you twit.

And the problem with the characters from the "Walking Dead" show lies in the Eight Deadly Words of Storytelling: "I don't care what happens to these people." Season Two, regardless of its sluggish and navelgaze-y nature, was the last time I cared about the fates of any character on the show. Why? Because with the exception of maybe Carol, every character is a fucking asshole lacking in redeeming qualities. Why should I care about the fates of any of these characters when I cannot bring myself to give a shit about any of these assholes? Even Telltale's "Walking Dead" games do a better job of giving me a protagonist I can give a fuck about.
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.