[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /co/ turn overwhelmingly /pol/ when Moon Girl is discussed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10

File: 1490405522598.jpg (187KB, 922x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1490405522598.jpg
187KB, 922x1400px
Why does /co/ turn overwhelmingly /pol/ when Moon Girl is discussed?

Because her actual book is pretty good. Disclaimer, I haven't read a lot of her crossover stuff yet.
>>
1) It's a new character
2) It's a black character
3) It's a female character
4) Marvel described her as the smartest person in the MU

I agree about it being solid enough, but bitches gonna bitch.
>>
I don't mind her espacially those edits but from what other people say

A) She's Inhuman, who are the jews of /co/
B) She's a child genius, who are hated on principle by some people
C) Not only is she a child genius but she's also the smartest person on Earth right now
D) She's black, because /pol/
E) She's female, because /pol/

So pretty much she's privileged as shit by being naturally the most intelligent person in the room all because she's an Inhuman and she put in no work but is also meant to be a role model for young black girls, meaning she's a pretty garbage role model

Maybe her book is good though, all I know is that I'll fap to some black, nerdy loli
>>
Her appearances in other books weren't bad either.

It's the way Marvel tried to market her ("LOOK! She's the smartest person who's ever lived!") that turned people off.

That, and being another gimmick-stealing legacy character.

Oh, and an Inhuman, just because.
>>
The most I ever hear is complaints about her marketing.
>>
>>91107416
>Legacy character for a fucking monkey
>black
>>
>>91107414
>So pretty much she's privileged as shit by being naturally the most intelligent person in the room all because she's an Inhuman and she put in no work

That's patently untrue.

She's smart because she spends literally all her time studying (a big plot point is that she doesn't have any friends or hobbies, period).

She actively HATES being inhuman and spends a lot of her time either desperately trying to avoid it, and then reverse it.

Her inhuman ability has only ever caused problems for her. It's not being smart, it's swapping minds with Devil Dinosaur. It's never come in handy, and has always resulted in her getting shot at while stumbling around in a dinosaur body while DD gets her in trouble for trying to eat her classmates.
>>
>>91107451
Well you just proved that 70% of /co/ hates her because of bad marketing because all Marvel has ever told me is that she's super, super smart and thats all that matters.
That sounds pretty neat, maybe I will check it out after all, thanks anon.
>>
The one thing I would say is if you're writing for an older audience (I don't think Marvel's kid books are very good at being for kids, but Moon Girl is legitimately fine as YA/teen from what I've read of it) then Prieststroke threw so much shade on this thing with his Power Girl. And that is a really enjoyable character albeit in a book that's not for everyone.
>>
>>91107416
>That, and being another gimmick-stealing legacy character.
Of Moon Boy? Come the fuck on.
>>
>>91107484
No prob. Granted, it is an all ages book, so don't expect it to get too heavy, but it's not nearly as bad as /co/ makes it out to be.
>>
>>91107369
Because
>/co/ has a significant number of /pol/ crossboarders because they see it as their manifest destiny to eliminate our "tumblr influence"
>inhuman, so all the salty x-fags hate on her for that alone
>she's black and female yet smarter than all the white men that traditionally get ranked as "the smartest"
>most people haven't read her book and only know her through bait threads, clickbait press releases, and her appearances in other books
>her appearances in other books are awful
>>
>Reed is shown to be able to create devices that can cross realities

>Tony Stark is a master at robotics

>Hank Pym created a shrinking formula

>DOOOOOOOM mastered and perfected all forms of science and magic.

>This girl? She's the smartest, fuck you it's canon.
>>
>>91107697
>Off planet
>In a coma
>Off planet
>Fair enough
>>
>>91107697
>>Reed is shown to be able to create devices that can cross realities
>>Tony Stark is a master at robotics
>>Hank Pym created a shrinking formula
>>DOOOOOOOM mastered and perfected all forms of science and magic.

>Moon Girl made a boxing glove on a spring that hit the Hulk really hard

/POL/ BTFO
>>
>>91107662
>she's black and female yet smarter than all the white men that traditionally get ranked as "the smartest"

You're either willingly ignorant of why people have a problem with it, or you're stupid
>>
>>91107707
Marvel said they count in the list in their top ten smartest characters.
>>
>>91107369
>inhumeme shit
Fuck off
>>
>>91107735
Source
In comics as well, web pages don't mean shit
>>
>>91107735
Do you have any instances of this being said in the comics themselves? Because while I know /pol/ and casuals seem to think that marketing is the same as continuity, it isn't. If it isn't stated in the comics themselves then it isn't canon.
>>
File: 1419398143508.jpg (194KB, 760x640px)
1419398143508.jpg
194KB, 760x640px
>>91107369
>Because her actual book is pretty good

I've read a handful of issues, it's mediocre at best but pretty insulting to other geniuses. She suffers from the same telling and not showing problem most of these new Marvel characters suffer from. The action scenes are pretty boring and just seem like a lot random stuff happening to make it look interesting.
>>
>>91107369
>Disclaimer, I haven't read a lot of her crossover stuff yet.

Most of /co/ who have heard of Moon Girl either get their info from marketing, word of mouth, or crossovers where she isn't as well-written as in her main (see: Gwenpool).

I agree with you that her actual book is a joy to read, but Marvel needs to rethink how they present her to the public.
>>
>>91107722
how is he not right? marvel made a video of the 10 smartest person in the MU and she was above Reed
>>
>>91107369
I tried reading it and for the first bunch of issues she's an insufferable twat and nothing interesting happens, I'm sure she grows as a person as the series goes on or whatever, but it's just not worth it to get there.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170328-091141.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170328-091141.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>91107754
>>91107780
Never stated in the comics itself to my knowledge, but the writer himself said that it included Reed, or at least implied it.
>>
>>91107945
>Never stated in the comics itself to my knowledge
Then fuck off and stop being triggered by shit you read on twitter. If it's not stated in the comics, then it's not canon. Marvel writers are work-for-hire. Just because a Marvel writer says something doesn't make it canon or true unless it happens in the comics itself. Otherwise, Hickman's twitter would have rendered most Marvel characters unusable.

I know the idea that reading comics instead of getting all your info from twitter may be foreign to you, but that's how it works. Now, if she's still ranked number 1 once Valeria and Reed come back then you can feel free to complain, but that hasn't happened yet. But even then, that's basically just arguing over power-levels but for intelligence instead of strength.
>>
>>91107389

>Marvel turns one of its already established characters in a black or female character
>Leave my childhood characters alone!

>Marvel creates 100% new black or female characters
>Is just SJW agenda, so is shit
>>
>>91107369
>>Thinking /co/ actually reads or watches the stuff they complain about
Ha!
>>
>>91107697
>>Doom perfected science and magic
Now that's false to quote Dr Strange from Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom.
>>You exist in two worlds, von Doom -- that of magic and that of science. You are master of neither.
>>
>>91107697
>>91107719
She modified a prototyoe Cerebro to track a single person across the past, present, and all alternate timelines at age 9.

What the fuck did you do at age 9?
>>
>>91108193
I shoved a bead in my ear and had to get it removed at the hospital.
>>
>>91107662
>her appearances in other books are awful
This, they get her character wrong and in her book she fails, needs help, and actually has to try to win. Where every else she isnta solves the problem with no prep
>>
>>91108068
She also follows the pattern of "new/replacement character has to be superior than old ones in powers/intellect."
>>
>>91108404
I mean, Moon-Boy may have been the smartest proto-human, but it's not like that makes him smarter than even your average human.
>>
>>91108404
To be fair, Moon-Boy was quite literally an ape
>>
>>91108404
I remember when Warren Ellis killed Moon Boy off panel in Nextwave there were hundreds upon hundreds of shitposts complaining about disregarding the legacy too.
>>
here and "Riri" are just blatant "look at our new BLACK characters that are so much better than OLD WHITE MEN"

its insulting to black people more than anything, that you need some jewish comic book guy to make some pet stand in character for you, like a gift they are giving the black community.

"see, we are progressive, we replaced those old characters with much better minority ones", its moral crowing, massive virtue signalling "look at us, aren't we better?"
>>
>>91108500
If people start complaining about respect to the characters from freaking Nextwave, then something went really weird at some point.
>>
>>91108269
That's called gaining medical experiece at an early age.
>>
>>91108515
Moon-boy wasn't an old white man.
>>
>>91108277
That's the problem, people who don't read her book only see her in guest appearances, and since they poorly portray her, people will assume that's how she's always written.
>>
>>91108193
That's not nearly as impressive as bridging the gap between realities.
>>
>>91107369
/pol/ and the three of you that read the comic are the only ones that care. I think the reason we get so much /pol/tumblrtard posting in general is that comics look like a battle that might be winable for either side- you know unlike real issues or things with actual popularity like movies.
>>
File: 1489028928358.jpg (418KB, 360x1000px)
1489028928358.jpg
418KB, 360x1000px
>>
>>91107369
What happened to moon boy?
>>
>>91107607
Damn, the artist for Doom Patrol looks very similar to that
>>
>>91112820
He hid an artifact they were looking after through a rift (Lunella found it). But the Killer folk found him and beat him to death. With his last breath, he irged Devil Dinosaur to follow the Killer Folk through the portal and stop them from getting the artifact at all costs.
>>
>>91107369
>Why does /co/ turn overwhelmingly /pol/ when Moon Girl is discussed?
>only when Moon Girl is discussed

kek. /co/ is basically /pol/ + /tv/ jr at this point
>>
>>91115075
that sounds like a slight improvement over 2015 /co/ which was basically /tv/+tumblr
>>
>>91107369
Not everyone who thinks blacks are inferior is from /pol/. You are such a stupid SJW.
>>
File: IMG_20170328_144309.jpg (45KB, 480x572px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170328_144309.jpg
45KB, 480x572px
I like her desu
>>
>>91107369
>Disclaimer, I haven't read a lot of her crossover stuff yet.

Well there's your problem. Any time she shows up it's to say "Hay, I'm the smartest person in 616 and going to make everyone look like dolts".

And then all of the smart characters suddenly become dumb.
>>
>>91115164
Hi /pol/.
>>
>>91115550
Shit is it really that bad?
>>
>>91115576
I'm Arab-latino from a country where blacks are also the end of the food chain. Fuck of SJW.

Che Guevara hated blacks, and gandhi also thought they were worthless
>>
>>91108068
You could argue that moon girl is just a recreated moon boy, but I agree that people are stupidly contradictory over shit like this.

Moon girl is fun and would make a perfect cartoon.
>>
>>91116177
>I'm Arab-latino
No one cares, Ahmed Hernandez.
>>
>>91115701
Yes. Everyone treats her like Read Richards on steroids.

I can't wait till she gets killed/impregnated/turned evil/forgotten like all other kid heroes.
>>
>>91107369
The clickbait marketing mostly
Also Marvel's inability to explain what the fuck smartest person in the universe means beyond that bullshit "software puzzle even its creator couldn't solve" thing
>>
>>91116680
The list has ALWAYS been bullshit.
>>
>>91116177
>>91115164
Fuck off, /pol/.
>>
>>91108454
>>91108448
and Moon-Girl isn't?
>>
>>91116177
And what does your race have to do with anything. /pol/ is the most diverse group of white supremacists around
>>
>>91108168
Didnt Doom come second in that sorcerer supreme contest once? Seems like the sort of thing you need to be a master to pull off.
>>
>>91117583
He came second and lost to Brother Voodoo of all people.
>>
>>91116387
>you will never get an awesome cartoon with Kamala, Lunella, Nova, Kid kaiju, and Miles
>You will never see Marvels answer to the OG Teen Titans cartoon
>The Champions team name and roster is ruined forever.
>>
File: 1490457144836.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1490457144836.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>91117583
>>91117926
Doom just can't catch a break.
>>
>>91117583
It's the integration that's Doom's USP e.g. using his armor to learn spellcasting from his opponents and mimic their movements in real time, or building a time machine to travel to the past to bang Morgan Le Fay in return for her mystic army.
>>
She was super obnoxious and entitled for the first five issues. It didn't endear her to me. The scenes with Devil Dinosaur and the evil cave men were good though.
>>
>>91115329
source?
>>
File: Pulling_A_Claremont.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pulling_A_Claremont.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>91118874
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.