[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We have tons of discussion about Mabel, but what do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

We have tons of discussion about Mabel, but what do you think of Dipper?
>>
>>91084744
Eh, he's alright i guess.
Kinda a little bitch though, but he is Hirsch's self insert so it all checks out.
>>
>>91084851
Basing characters on yourself doesn't seem like the best idea
>>
>>91084926
I don't see why, I mean people who avatarfag as themselves online are cancer but if it's done well and not overly flattering than there's not really an issue with self-inserting.
>>
>>91084744
>Dipper

Literally who?
>>
File: 1489145644335.gif (162KB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
1489145644335.gif
162KB, 480x269px
Dipper is a QTP2T

But he'll forever be known as, "The Boy who Never Scored".

Just give me comics already Disney! Ship him with whoever you want, I could care less, I just want to see fun adventures and spooky stuff in Gravity Falls again.
>>
>>91085290
The one on the left of pic related
>>
File: kisses.png (584KB, 876x564px) Image search: [Google]
kisses.png
584KB, 876x564px
>>91085412
>"The Boy who Never Scored".
>>
Dipper's probably the reason /co/ gets so buttflustered about Mabel because he's their shota waifu.
>>
>>91084744
A wimp that should not let his sister push him around.
>>
>>91084851
>>91084926
I thought Alex said Dipper wasn't based on himself, and that he and his sister were both more like Mabel. Also, Wendy has Alex's flannel fetish.
>>
He's kind of stuck up his own ass which is why he fails to notice the lack of reciprocity in his relationship with his sister.
>>
Dipper was an ok character. One of the few who actually got developed in the show
>>
Dipper was full of shit. He shows up in Gravity Falls, finds a mysterious book, starts investigating mysteries, and then when Ford shows up, he acts like it's always been a lifelong dream of his? Bullshit.
>>
>>91084744
He has nice feet.
>>
>>91084744
Dipper would have been better as a girl
>>
>>91084744
>generic
>whiny
>has no personality
>boring
>arrogant
>unremarkable
>>
>>91087286
>>91084744

i can go on
>>
I'm not sure if his voice was an EXACT fit for Dipper, but I highly enjoyed Jason Ritter's performance
>>
dipper's cheeks
>>
>>91087286
>>91087308

I actually enjoyed the road trip episode where we see that he finally starts to build up confidence in himself and finally moves past Wendy, until the writers messed it up.

Also his voice was not good for that type of character
>>
>>91087370
Anon, boys should be submissive to the desires of females. It's not very progressive for a guy to stand up for himself to the bullshit of this world.
>>
>>91085248
When has it been done well?
>>
>>91087124
post dipfeet
>>
>>91087370
Being confident in yourself is bad because it's what mean PUA who emotionally abuse women do, mkay
PUA are a real issue
>>
There was no reason to make him so girl crazy. He should've gotten a cute boyfriend.
>>
>too busy standing up for others
>never stands up for himself
He reminds me of myself.
>>
>>91086954
He's always been into paranormal shit, dude. Mable even mentioned his various conspiracies in the first episode. Plus he was always trying to get photographs of odd creatures like the Gooble Wonker, pterodactyl, that floating island, etc.

Being with Ford would have been a drean come true. He wouldn't be sitting in a basement like he told his cunt sister he would to just make her feel better.
>>
Complete and total faggot. He's painfully pathetic and if that's really how Hirsch sees himself I feel sorry for him
>>
>>91087286
He can't be whiny and arrogant while also having no personality, those are literally personality traits
>>
>>91087537
I couldn't say, people generally don't do it at all because it's frowned upon, but there aren't any reasons for why. I can see how people can think it's lazy from a writer's perspective, I don't know if it's like a fundamental rule of writing but I think a lot of popular shows have them and people don't seem to always pick up on it unless it's explicitly mentioned (Family Guy has two)

You can break up aspects of your personality and distribute it evenly among your whole cast and it's still more or less a self-insert, just more nuanced.
>>
File: 1490544375744-co.png (508KB, 963x673px) Image search: [Google]
1490544375744-co.png
508KB, 963x673px
>>91085412
Even a boy?
>>
>>91086477
Him and Stan were basically it.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.