[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RW Mc-EdDRY What does /co/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault-2.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-2.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RWMc-EdDRY

What does /co/ think of Max Landis's age old Death And Return Of Superman pitch?
>>
No one on /co/ likes anything having to do with Max Landis.
>>
>>91077436
I do.
>>
>>91077375
It's alright but Wrestling Isn't Wrestling is better.
>>
>>91077453
We know YOU do, Max. You don't count.
>>
>>91077436
Hey, that's not fair.
American Alien was great.
After that, he's kind of a weird pretentious dicko
>>
>>91077436
I liked his criticisms of Force Awakens. But other than that, he's sort of a douche.
>>
>>91077466
I like some of his other stuff, but Wrestling isn't Wrestling is by far the best thing he's ever done.
>>
>>91077375
Bit too heavy on the gore, didn't like how Doomsday was what destroyed Krypton, and Superman's motivation for locking up Lex was kind of weak. There's no such thing as a good Zod story. He's just for memes.

Rest was pretty good. Particularly the pantomime scene where Clark "figures out" Bruce is Batman.

I don't have high hopes for Dirk Gently Season 2 as it just looks like a combination of Chronicle and American Ultra
>>
>>91077375
He kinda gets his head up his own ass
He can't write anything without having like every other superhero show up (Batman first)
And it's kinda shitty how he pretty much shat all over the majority of Superman's villains and that ending reveal was ehhh
Lex's thing at the end was weird and dumb
>>
>>91077548
>Brainiac defeated in seconds
>all of Superman's villains get killed, stuffed, and mounted in the Fortress of Solitude by Zod
>Mon-El is Zod
What was he thinking
>>
>>91077375
>Superman stabs Zod with krytonite and laughs and taunts him while he make him crawl wiggle dripping blood
It's terrible. I don't need more gore in my Superman stories. The less Superman is edgy, the better.
>>
File: IMG_8670.jpg (135KB, 576x862px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8670.jpg
135KB, 576x862px
>>91077436
They liked Shocker Legit before Marvel Comics literally stole his idea!!!!

Seriously, he should sue Marvel and Disney.
>>
File: CyNN5f4XUAEpBQ5.jpg large.jpg (439KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
CyNN5f4XUAEpBQ5.jpg large.jpg
439KB, 2048x1536px
>>91077506
When.
>>
>>91077885
"we have not read your fanfiction"
Could Landis be any further up his own ass
>>
>>91077375
I didn't even like the original death of Superman, why would I want Max Landis's shitty one with extra edge and gore?
>>
>>91077885
You know, I swear to god, I have no stakes in this race, I'm an anonymous loser like everyone else here....

..but I legit remember when Shocker: Legit was posted and hyped around /co/ before anyone realize who wrote it. Like, I remember thinking "Okay it's pretty good but /co/ is overhyping this" back when it was getting daily threads. I'm not just drunk and crazy, I know at least one anon reading this remembers what I'm talking about.

And for the record, I liked Max way back when I first saw his Knightfall video. I distinctly recall the moment I went "Wait, he's related to JOHN Landis?"
>>
10 minutes in and I like it.
>>
>>91077375
it's shit

stop shilling your shitty videos here, Max

go back to shilling on that screenjunkies channel
>>
File: 1490573714281.png (313KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
1490573714281.png
313KB, 500x312px
>>91077974
I just wanted to know what you thought of it, anon
>>
>>91078218
No, I'm genuinely curious, I wanna see how /co/ reacts to it
I wanna discuss this heaping turd of a pitch
>>
>>91077375
>Zod killing Superman's rogues and stuffing them
>random appearances by characters out of nowhere
>Superman stabbing Zod and taking pleasure in it
>that horrible cringy dialogue
>so much death and gore
Yeah, No thanks.
>>
He should have taken the hint and just transitioned his whole career into making videos reenacting Wrester's careers and stupid comic book plotlines with various celebrity cameos.
It seems abundantly clear now that he does not have another Chronicle-tier movie in his head, and he should move on.
>>
>>91078397
>"horrible cringy dialogue"
Pardon?
I mean, I don't doubt this at all.
But I wanted to know what you meant, specifically.
>>
>>91077375
besides the over-the-top violence and death like others have said, it's very needlessly bloated as hell. You have like fifty plots and characters that come and go nowhere. It literally feels like something a 10-year-old kid would come up while he's banging his action figures together (with a hint of Michael Bay).
>>
>>91078548
>"superheroes are just starting out"
>has an army of superheroes appear to face Doomsday
>>
>>91077436

I'm always legitimately torn on whether or not I hate him or not. He seems like an absolute trashheap of a human being but sometimes he does good stuff. I wouldn't want to be in the same room as him for more than 5 minutes but sometimes he does have decent insights into comics and films.
>>
>>91077375
Max please stop self posting it's exhausting. No one here gives a shit about you
>>
>"You can still make it through if you kneel."

Okay if he eased up on the edge a bit this would be a pretty good story for Earth One Superman.
>>
>>91077885
SHIT HE WROTE THAT
i remember liking that when i was in high school reading it on fanfiction.net
at least til the point where Shocker's dad was an evil genius responsible for like 90% or non born powered superheroes
>>
>>91077375
I don't think anyone here likes Landis apart from some of his work like American Alien (maybe not the whole thing) and Chronicle. There are huge amounts of normies who don't like him either.

It's actually quite famous that if you link his reddit account, he'll show up. I've seen it happen when a dozen retards was shit-talking about him and his dad (responsible for killing some kids during filming) in a reddit thread. Redlettermedia and Screenjunkies has both taken shots at him too.

As for his Superman pitch, i don't think anyone gives a fuck. Does anyone actually want to see a death and return of Superman movie?
>>
>>91077375

I see his hair is slightly less obnoxious these days.
>>
>>91077375
His Ghostbusters 3 pitch was dope as fuck.
>>
>>91077375
What a shitty and stupid idea
>>
>>91079592
That's actually his old hair.
>>
>>91077545

I like that and the video about Death and Return of Superman but then they're basically Drunk History and I love that dumb fucking show.

Other than that he's kind of a massive tool. That one RLM video he was in was pretty okay when he wasn't acting like an obsessed fanboy half the time.
>>
>>91079433
There are days when I wonder how many of the mentions about Shocker: Legit on /co/ years ago were just Max Landis posting anonymously.
>>
Why do you keep making this thread with the same OP image and text?
>>
>>91079634
>We will never get Mayor Peck coming in for the save in the third act
>Winston's Airforce backstory will never be recanonized
>We will never see Ray atomize himself to save reality and transcend his mortal form becoming a god
>We will never get the Chinook Helicopter
>>
>>91077375
Landis is a hack
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.