[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just caught on with IDW´S TMNT and so far I like it. (I never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: tmnt idw.jpg (202KB, 1151x735px) Image search: [Google]
tmnt idw.jpg
202KB, 1151x735px
I just caught on with IDW´S TMNT and so far I like it. (I never read the Mirage run nor I watch the 80´s cartoon The only thing from the franchise I saw was the 2003 series) What does /co/ thing about the comic?
>>
thread theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHSyGksuQTU

>>91075960
The consensus of IDW TMNT is usually it's pretty great, with it probably easily the most consistently well written TMNT to date.

The only truely negatives are

>April/Casey Mini
>Alopex

though now that Alopex is done with being used by everyone, hopefully this means she will start to grow.
>>
fucking awesome, it both builds upon the franchise and has its own unique take that makes it stand out as its own thing
Also the Mirage series is great too, you should check it out
>>
>>91076112
>April/Casey Mini
That shit was pretty boring. In fact April and Casey are fucking boring too (and Casey it´r irrelevant most of the time).
I really don´t have a problem with Alopex, Don´t get me wrong, she´s not a good character but I consider her harmless unlike Angel/Nobody who is a "strong and independent women" but does jack shit most of the time.
>>
>>91076405
>Also the Mirage series is great too, you should check it out
I know one or two important spoilers, but I will.
>>
File: 1457569504966.png (267KB, 262x403px) Image search: [Google]
1457569504966.png
267KB, 262x403px
>>91075960
>>
Post moar April!
>>
File: april idw.jpg (74KB, 282x444px) Image search: [Google]
april idw.jpg
74KB, 282x444px
>>91078461
Here you go. I find her ugly most of the time.
>>91078404
It´s the crossover any good?
>>
File: batman-tmnt.jpg (209KB, 800x654px) Image search: [Google]
batman-tmnt.jpg
209KB, 800x654px
>>91078964
>It´s the crossover any good?
It is and the other one is too
>>
>>91078404
I want a legit vol 2
>>
Guys what´s your favorite and least favorite turtle?
My favorite is Donatello (Raph is a close second).
And Leo is my last favorite one, I just don´t fine him intersting he may be the leader but that´s the only thing he is.
>>91078992
Cool. I´ll check it out.
>>
File: redlettermedia.jpg (38KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
redlettermedia.jpg
38KB, 640x360px
>>91078404
>>91078992
Didn't the guy who writes this appear on Best of the Worst?
>>
>>91079137
Tynion
>>
>>91076420
Casey isn't boring to me, he's being written more than the dumb musclehead for the first time and has pathos and motivations. Sure he isn't badass and fun like Elias Koteas but as much as I love Koteas' portrayal of Casey the character didn't really have any depth.

>and Casey it´r irrelevant most of the time
The character isn't really that relevant in most TMNT incarnations really (I can even go as far and say that you can have pretty much all major TMNT stories without him) but the IDW comic actually is addressing that especially since Casey finds himself not mattering and not being useful to the group. The Turtles are doing their own thing and April is decrypting the Foot Clan prophecies, and he isn't doing jack shit but look for trouble and get beat up

Which is why it's so easy for Splinter to use him, Casey has low self esteem and is eager to feel like he's pulling his weight, so when Splinter asks him for his help Casey eagerly accepts. So he has Casey beat the Purple Dragons and assume the leadership of the group which Splinter then uses as part of his army (he actually uses the Purple Dragons as cannon fodder and to weaken his enemies, he sends them first to fight and tells uses the Foot Clan to finish them off)

It's also interesting because the last thing Casey wanted to be was like his asshole abusive father. Hun tormented Casey saying they were the same and that violence is all they knew, and now Casey finds himself in the position his father was leading the Purple Dragons and serving under a Master of the Foot Clan (Splinter instead of Shredder)

We also know from what the Rat King said in that shitty mini and from what Tom Waltz has commented that something major is going to happen with Casey in the Pantheon arc that's going to break the group. I wouldn't be surprised if they killed him off really, the character is already reaching the end of his personal arc and they can't keep dragging the thing with Hun forever.
>>
>>91078404
This was weird, like Batman had never tried pizza before this? Then again he's fucking rich so he probably only had some weird fancy shit version of pizza.

>>91078964
They're both good, so good and well recieved that apparently Nick and DC are thinking of doing an animated crossover between Batman and TMNT.

Also IDW has been going crazy with crossovers lately, I just hope they do that Transformers/JLA story, they have better writers now than they did when they did that shitty Avengers crossovers plus I want to see GL Optimus.
>>
File: angry_gargoyle.jpg (657KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
angry_gargoyle.jpg
657KB, 1988x3056px
>>
What's the power level of Leonardo in all versions of TMNT?
I believe in 2003 series he went above Splinter level, but what about the others?
>>
The only thing that I dislike about the idw series is the change to slash and caseys inconsistent mask not that I hate the changes it's just
>>
>>91075960
>What does /co/ thing about the comic?
Nothing to bitch about so it's rarely talked about. It is damn good and chapter 50 is the best thing I've seen in the turtles franchise.
>>
>>91076112
>Alopex
she's a cutie.
>>
>two episodes of season 5 already
Was it an hour long opening to this season or are we getting an episode a day?

Pretty cool they brought back Rahzar, though I wish he had gotten some demonic powers.
>>
>>91078992
What other one?
>>
So is the main idw comic written by the same guy the whole way through
>>
>>91085416
I believe so.
>>
>>91085630
That must be why it's pretty consistent
>>
>>91075960
IDW TMNT's ongoing is pretty cool. it's just a blend of all previous incarnations done quite nicely. Even Donatello is awesome in this run and he's my least favorite.
>>
>>91085278
Batman/TMNT Adventures

>>91085416
Ongoing yes by Tom Waltz
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNXB0epxxBw
>>
>>91076112
>The only truely negatives are
>>April/Casey Mini
>>Alopex
The true cancer is pepperoni made by another cancer
>>
>>91075960
How do i get into idw turtles
>>
>>91088050
Issue 01?
>>
>>91088050
Start with issue one. Not being facetious, either.
>>
>>91081768

>>>>>To be continued
>>
File: reallymakeyouthink.png (377KB, 579x562px) Image search: [Google]
reallymakeyouthink.png
377KB, 579x562px
>>91088292
>>
Batman tmnt will be getting a sequel right no robin no batgirl but a great set up
>>
File: 1469638486949.png (2MB, 1050x878px) Image search: [Google]
1469638486949.png
2MB, 1050x878px
>>91090850
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.