[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the MCU displays of power so mundane (with the exception

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 277
Thread images: 40

File: x2.jpg (52KB, 600x555px) Image search: [Google]
x2.jpg
52KB, 600x555px
Why are the MCU displays of power so mundane (with the exception of Dr Strange)?

You have these people with really cool power sets and they are portrayed in the most boring ways possible. Even when they cooperate for combos it looks shitty. Like Cap deflecting Iron-Man beam for no reason other than making Cap not useless.

Look at fox:

>Nightcrawler opening
>Sweet memes are made of these and the rehash later
>Archangel wings
>Magneto taking out the iron from the blood and using the drops of metal as pads to fly in
>Charles headache and Logan snikting everyone (they even managed to get good scenes from someone whose power is literally to have knives on his hands)
>the portals of Blink in DoFP, the co-op combo with Colossus
>Magneto metal beam in Apocalypse
>the Egyptian horses of Apocalypse which emulated some of the fantastic four powers

Even DC managed to have some nice super power scenes like Superman's first flight, Zod's heath vision and Doomsday nukes

How can marvel take such spectacular superpowers and make them boring? Well, I guess I liked Cap super strength in The winter soldier which Batman copied to some extent in BvS hangar scene.
>>
>>91075275
Because they focus on actually making their films successful Fox shill.
>>
File: 1465874417812.jpg (51KB, 536x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465874417812.jpg
51KB, 536x720px
>>91075275
>>Archangel wings

OH FUCK YEAH WINGS

fucking WINGS! nobody else is doing wings!
>>
>>91075332
It's funny, because Archangel didn't even fucking do anything in X3.
>>
>>91075275
While I agree with you that X-men have some nice scenes, they're basically a one-shot wonder since the characters never do something as amazing like that again.
>>
>>91075332
I was referring to the scene where he gets them. Its a great scene and one of the best "horrible transformations" in the latest years of movies.
>>
Iron Man removing kebab in IM1 and the plane scene in IM3 were really good.
>>
>>91075275
>have all of these powers
>harder to justify why situations can't be solved in seconds flat without bad writing involved

Seriously dislike speedsters and reality warpers being on a team of mostly mundanes for this reason, they have to be written as idiots for anything to progress without it being wrapped up in seconds.
>>
>>91075275
>Even DC managed to have some nice super power scenes
MoS was basically a collection of the best super power action put on screen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LuBXWIf9zA
>>
File: 143547898134.png (195KB, 1400x1207px) Image search: [Google]
143547898134.png
195KB, 1400x1207px
>>91075275
>>91075275
Can't scare Chad and Stacy by showing them anything too """"unrealistic."""" That wouldn't achieve maximum demographic saturation.
>>
>>91075505
You're very easily impressed.
>>
What about Thor using a sky scraper as a lightening rod during the battle for new york?
What about Hulk stopping a leviathan with a single punch?
What about Cap chasing down speeding cars on foot?
What about Ironman getting over charged thanks to Thor's lightening?

I mean, okay, these moments didn't last for more than a minute and didn't have any catchy music to go along with the scene, but they were still amazing displays of power for the individual characters. Sorry you missed them OP.
>>
>>91076592
Show me a better body horror painful transformation from the last 10 years.

Protip, the second best one is in a really really shitty movie.
>>
>>91076701
>Hulk punching something big
>Captain America running
>Literally a quip scene super power
Woaaah, stop there, I dont think I can hold all of these scenes

Thor was fine I guess.

But the rest are pretty mundane, exactly what I was complaining about.
>>
>>91075275
Wanda manipulating Vision into super increasing his density so until he sank into the Earth, turning his own power against him, was a pretty neat use of both of their powers really
>>
>>91076701
If you want to show something cool with Hulk might as well talk about Hulk vs Absorbing man. That was some crazy shit. But Hulk punching an enemy pretty straightforward wont do it. He does that all the time.
>>
>>91076842
Im still pissed how she became the lady of the red plasma lasers by the end of the movie
>>
>>91075275
Literally everything involving Ant-Man
>>
File: ANTS.jpg (146KB, 1393x770px) Image search: [Google]
ANTS.jpg
146KB, 1393x770px
>>91076979
Fucking this
>>
File: Groot-StarLord-GOTG.jpg (116KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
Groot-StarLord-GOTG.jpg
116KB, 1920x800px
>>91075275
Groot was the only one in GotG with powers other than being strong and tough, and I thought he used it in some inventive ways (growing branches in that alien's nose, cushioning their fall near the end, etc).
>>
Ant-Man and Groot are the only ones who use their powers in creative ways.

X-Men still has the best overall creativity.
>>
>>91075275
>Dr Strange
>copy cat from Inception
>low budget cheap portal effect

a Japanese video game can do better
>>
>>91076807
As opposed to Nightcrawler teleporting and Quicksilver running, both groundbreaking on a conceptual level.
>>
>>91076701
>>91077219
The MCU doesn't have any aww when showcasing power levels. It's all very meh and uninspired. The best showcase of super powers in the MCU is probably Ant-Man honestly. Or Hulk. Thor has been completely wasted. Quicksilver was lame as fuck. Scarlet Witch just makes weird hand gestures. Vision has done little to nothing because the Russo's are scared of his power level.

Meanwhile the Nightcrawler scene and the Quicksilver scene in DoFP really showcased the extent of their powers.
>>
>children in this thread weren't old enough to watch this in theatres

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StnmzjqMKRo
>>
>>91077425
I was 15 when this came out. Saw it in theaters 4 times. Shit was dope.

>this was 14 years ago

Fuck I feel old.
>>
>>91077425
I was hoping it was going to be a clip from Spawn
>>
>>91077511
he's too young for Spawn
>>
>>91077528
luckily
>>
>>91077321

However, after Nightcrawler's scene, he doesn't do anything remotely close to that for the rest of the movie.

The same goes for Quicksilver where he is written completely out of the rest of the 2nd & 3rd acts. They're just set pieces and the characters themselves never do anything meaningful power-wise.
>>
If there's one thing Snyder has done right with the DC movies it's showcase super powers and power levels. Justice League looks like everyone will have a unique set of skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWTbLZCR84k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkwqFutYClY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VxQHdDDCO4
>>
>>91077601
>never do anything meaningful power-wise

What does this even mean?
>>
>>91077670

It means once their set pieces were over, they get relegated to being background characters where their powers don't get showcased and Wolverine takes over the movie.
>>
>>91075275
Most of the guys in the MCU so far don't really have fantastical powers. Scarlet Witch is the only one that they should really be pushing further.
>>
>>91077692
Sounds like the RDJCU.
>>
>>91076701
The issue is that there's little sense of wonder to any of that, cinematically, other than Hulk punching that big robot snake.

It's not just about it being a display of power, it's how it's portrayed, how it's framed. There's a reason that Yoda lifting the X-Wing out of the swamp in Empire Strikes Back is such a memorable scene; the music and atmosphere of it, along with where it comes along the character arc of Luke and what we've seen up to that point, and what's been established of the Force thus far, all converge to make it magical.

With Thor landing on the Chrysler Building and using it as a lightning rod, there's little wonder because there's little build up; it's just a special move that he pulls out because someone needs to stop more aliens coming through.
>>
>>91077694
They've got Vision and Doctor Strange, they should be showing some wild shit by now. But the Russo's have admitted they're intimidated by how to showcase Vision's power, which means he's probably going to die early on in Infinity War to make room for the quipping duo of Iron Man and Star-Lord.
>>
>>91077692
So if the character isn't beating up the final bossâ„¢ then the scene doesn't count
>>
>>91077723

More like the CAPCU. Captain America's been in nearly every single MCU movie since the first Captain America.
>>
>>91077757

That's not what I'm saying. What I am saying is that it'd be nice if their characters got more to do then one great scene. I was hoping Nightcrawler did more than that when I first saw X2.
>>
>>91077805
He was a pacifist, it was within his character arc to not do anything except help get them inside Strykers compound.
>>
>>91077219
Except Nightcrawler wasn't just teleporting. Quicksilver wasn't just running. Watch the scenes again. Look at the editing, the choreography, the music, the atmosphere, etc. There was actual effort and creativity put in. Sorry there were no quips so you couldn't enjoy it.
>>
>>91075275
TACTICOOL
TACTICOOL
>>
>>91077771
He wasn't even the main character in his own movie and came off like a complete jackass to make Iron Man sympathetic.
>>
>>91077958
>came off like a complete jackass
How? Tony was being a piece of shit trying to kill Bucky.
>>
>>91077750
>which means he's probably going to die early on in Infinity War to make room for the quipping duo of Iron Man and Star-Lord
You've tapped into the real reason OP's assertion holds true.

The strength of the MCU lies in character interaction. The main issue is that action scenes focus on what the characters are saying with what they're doing (i.e. the action itself) being secondary.
>>
What about Iron Man suiting up?
What about Thor unloading that huge blast against the Frost Giants?
"Is he wearing a parachute?"
What about Cap holding down the Helicopter?
What about Hulk punching the giant Leviathan?
What about Ant-Man shrinking in the tub?
What about Giant Man growing Giant?
>>
>>91075275
Because marvel found out they didn't need to waste money on graphics in order to break 1 billion box office. It's funny how that works when you have a good story
>>
>>91075275
>Why are the MCU displays of power so mundane (with the exception of Dr Strange
What the fuck? They somehow managed to make dr. strange feel generic and uninspired, the fuck are you talking about he stood out?
>>
>>91077997
He had a pretty good reason - Bucky murdered his parents and Cap knew about it and hid it from him. It made Cap look like a fucking dickhead.
>>
>>91078022
>It's funny how that works when you have a good story
Yes, but it's a film, anon. The visual element (not just talking special effects here) is at least as important as plot, if not moreso often. The most memorable films (I'd argue the best) are those with the most memorable imagery, not the best stories. If it were all down to story, making a good film would just be a case of getting a good book and having someone act it out like a stage play.
>>
>>91077750
Vision had to be held back in Civil War or else he'd have won the battle single-handedly. He still managed a pretty complete demonstration of all his powers except cyber-hacking shit: phasing, extreme density, head beam.
>>
Captain America's aerial dismantling of the Quinjet, Thor 1-shotting the Jotunheim monster, Hulk's "I'm always angry" moment...remember, you guys complained when Iron Man, Thor and Vision wrecked Vibranium Ultron.

I know this is just a bait thread, but I'd like to make the point that once you've made your speedster move in attoseconds, or have Superman chuck the Kryptonite island into orbit, you're obligated to explain why he's NOT easily winning the next conflict.
He can take Zod to space, so why isn't he taking the non-flying Doomsday into orbit?
>>
I haven't enjoyed a superhero movie in years and DUDE NINE-FIGURE VFX BUDGET LMAO is pretty much the reason why.

Why can't we have more cape movies like the Incredibles or Hellboy 2, without the massive amounts of gratuitous bullshit and/or a level of quips and edge that should earn the ticket stub a Surgeon General's warning? I'll take camp and cheese over "comics are srs buziness u guize this hardcore PG-13 sh*it is hella f*ckin epic which makes this acceptable to like as a grown-ass man" any fucking day because at least the former films don't disappear up their own asshole because they like the smell.
>>
>>91076450
"Superman overcomes the Lensfilter-Force"

It's just Superman flying up and an overwrought CGI explosion. THIS is the nicest example you had?
>>
>>91078299
>DUDE NINE-FIGURE VFX BUDGET LMAO
You don't need this to make good visual spectacle, is the thing. Chronicle had a fairly small budget but the managed to make one of the most visually impressive displays of superpowers I've seen on screen mainly through good camerawork.
>>
File: Full Retard.jpg (39KB, 450x373px) Image search: [Google]
Full Retard.jpg
39KB, 450x373px
>>91078299
>or Hellboy 2, without the massive amounts of gratuitous bullshit and/or a level of quips
>Hellboy 2
>No gratiuitous bullshit
>Or quips
Seriously you're being contrarian so hard I think you broke something.
>>
Let's not forget this
https://youtube.com/watch?v=P2ma37rU70I
>>
>>91078277
I've never seen a more incoherent argument than this.

You literally disproved yourself in your own post. If Thor can one shot a Jotunheim monster, why is anyone else a challenge?

And next time you pick an argument involving Superman, make sure they're in the same continuity.
>>
>>91078277
>He can take Zod to space, so why isn't he taking the non-flying Doomsday into orbit?

He literally did. They both got nuked, Doomsday fell back to Earth. In fact, Superman didn't win the next conflict, he fucking died.
>>
File: Thor Hemsworth.jpg (121KB, 825x549px) Image search: [Google]
Thor Hemsworth.jpg
121KB, 825x549px
>>91078407
Because the Destroyer and the Hulk and a Dark Elf Lord wielding the Power Infinity Stone are more powerful than a Jotunheim monster?

Thor pretty much easily wrecks everyone and everything else in the movies, including Iron Man, who Cap had to intervene to save when Thor started getting serious.
>>
>>91078277
>>91078483
ahahahahahah Ladderbro is super triggered.
>>
>>91075275
What do you expect?

Most of the heroes powers breakdown into various levels of super strength, speed, endurance, or agility. The only people who break away from the mold is Iron Man/Ant-Man because of tech, and Thor.

But you get occasional cool stuff like Hulk's thunderclap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShZrVG_tYU4
>>
File: Faora.jpg (105KB, 407x612px) Image search: [Google]
Faora.jpg
105KB, 407x612px
>>91078407
>And next time you pick an argument involving Superman, make sure they're in the same continuity.
Fine, let's talk about how the Kryptonians move around so fast that they're practically blinking around, except when they have to be slow enough to be hit by something for story, or be "rushing" to the rescue.

DC does this dumb shit in every media involving Superman. He's nigh as fast as Flash when it's time to demonstrate just how fast he is, and at every other point in the story he's not quite as quick and agile as Batman to make Batman look useful.
The Snyder films fall into this same dumb trope.
>>
>>91078382
I didn't say "none", I just want a less than lethal dose. I caught BvS on cable when I was visiting my old man and the action scenes were so VFX-heavy that it felt more like a skit mocking action movies than an actual action movie.
>>
>>91078551
>Most of the heroes powers breakdown into various levels of super strength, speed, endurance, or agility. The only people who break away from the mold is Batman/Cyborg because of tech, and Green Lantern.
>>
>>91075275
I'm sorry, you wanted more Quickburger?

OK

here he is paying off his car loan
>>
>>91078560
WB has pretty much decided that every moment of action has to either be a CGI cartoon or super-slow-mo.
They have Wonder Woman tripping some random guy IN SLOW MO in the trailer.
>>
>>91078558
whatever happened to the black guy from Scrubs
>>
>>91075275
>Zod's heath vision
>the power to shoot Heath Ledger's from your eyes
I'd love that power.
>>
File: Joker ledger2.jpg (34KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Joker ledger2.jpg
34KB, 460x276px
>>91078660
That moment when CGI allows WB to reanimate Heat Legend as a digital actor.

I feel that day is coming. Heat led WB to it's biggest box office win of all time. They'd just have to pay his relatives Robert Downy Jr money.
>>
>>91078627
That's just Snyder's style.
>>
>>91076734
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO3ad54MSho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcNwKBPE7Rg\

watch moar movies
>>
>>91078709
>Heat led WB to it's biggest box office win of all time.

Why do you keep saying that? Return of the King and multiple Harry Potter movies made more for them.
>>
>>91078722
tell that to Patty Jenkins, please.
>>
File: WB grosses.jpg (178KB, 926x651px) Image search: [Google]
WB grosses.jpg
178KB, 926x651px
>>91078781
>>
>>91078813
>muh inflation
>domestic only
>>
>>91078020
None are creative displays of power. Neither talking in character, or movie direction based. Are you telling me that it surprised you how Hulk punched something?

I will give you Ant-man which used his powers in creative ways. But the rest of your examples are not creative at all. And are filmed in boring ways.
>>
>>91078830
1. It's still top without inflation
2. They don't get nearly the percentage of returns from Communist China that they do in the USA, you ought to read up on it some time.
You might seem less uneducated next thread.

But I guess "Muh ____" is about your speed.
>>
>>91078277
>He can take Zod to space, so why isn't he taking the non-flying Doomsday into orbit?
But he did? Are you stupid or just baiting me?
>>
File: Sadfleck.jpg (55KB, 459x459px) Image search: [Google]
Sadfleck.jpg
55KB, 459x459px
>>91078878
>None are creative
>filmed in boring ways
No one wants to debate with you when you are in Subjective Cretin mode.
>>
>>91078886
Communist China wasn't even a market when Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and TDK came out faggot.
>>
>>91078923
And this is relevant how?
>>
>>91078483
that filename
not
>thor hemsworthy
>>
>>91078941
I don't know, you brought it up you fucking moron.
>>
>>91078909
>Hulk moves forward and punches something
>Captain holds an helicopter with an amount of strength that its reasonable to his powerset

And neither are filmed in ways that enhance their (barely) astonishing powers.

Watch the nightcrawler scene. His power is just teleporting. If it was a marvel scene he would just teleport and kick one guy. But they did something amazing with a really shitty power. Marvel directors cant represent superpowers. They go the extra mile to make them boring.

A better example, and probably one of the few in the MCU would be when Cap makes people fly with punches at the beginning of TWS. A really interesting scene which shows how a normal mundane street level fight with the addition of super strength has different results, like people flying like radgolls. That was a creative display of powers.
>>
>>91078558
Unlike Thor, whose power level never fluctuates, thanks to Based Mousevelâ„¢!
>>
>>91075275
Because a they are more "down to earth" with their powers, apart from Thor or Hulk who basically just punches really hard, and broken heroes like Wanda or Vision are just discovering their powers and sexuality. That's also one of the reasons they shine better as a group. And why would you demand a guy like Cap or Stark to exhibit the same levels of power display as Supes or time stopper QS? They have done cool loking shit at their own league.
>>
>>91079002
>His power is just teleporting.
His power is nigh-Spider-Man agility, wall clinging, and if you want to get technical, turning invisible in near darkness.
He's not just teleporting guy. Hulk doesn't have super-agility. Cap does plenty more than "hold a helicopter" in the films.
>>
>>91079021
Yes, Thor never demonstrates that he can move faster than bullets and then stumbles around like a hapless idiot. Or lifts an aircraft carrier but then struggles with a guy in a power suit.

Comic fans here regularly complain that he can't crack planets or some of the other preposterous feats he's done in the pages, but that really doesn't make him a viable team hero. The old Avengers comics you never read regularly had Thor "off in Asgard" so they could fight a less-cosmic threat with believable tension.
>>
>>91078886
>2. They don't get nearly the percentage of returns from Communist China that they do in the USA, you ought to read up on it some time.

You ought to read up on it too.

Firstly, taxes paid overseas can be written off against US tax liabilities - which are substantial - meaning they pay no tax on US earnings in order to offset the 'losses' overseas.

Secondly, they're doing the same thing in every other country where it's possible - and then loaning that money to themselves through a series of intermediary companies as local tax law allows. We know this because literally every multinational is doing it. It's the Starbucks ruse.

Thirdly, there's an ongoing investigation into China's theatrical system by the Chinese authorities - and about time too. The theaters, which see a lot of money go through on a daily basis, are being used for money laundering by criminal gangs (which also happens in places like the US, but on a smaller scale as in theory the US banking system would ultimately spot the discrepancies and report them to the authorities).

As much as 10% of the gross of movies released in China is thought to be fictitious - the money never reaches the studios (leading them to complain of weird taxes and other problems) because it doesn't exist, and simply represents large cash deposits entering the banking system. There are a number of other abuses going on as well, simultaneously - everybody is getting their finger in the pie because it's so rich and so poorly guarded.

The studios and distributors, meanwhile, have kept fairly quiet because nobody wants to have to write off 10% of their Chinese take from the headline figures the fanboys love to argue about.

True, the Dark Knight wasn't released there, but its sequel was, and that Chinese money helped TDKR's 3% drop look smaller.

>1. It's still top without inflation

Only if you weirdly disinclude the worldwide because banking deregulation somehow passed you by. No? The big crash? Sub-prime lending?
>>
>>91076483
>showing them anything too """"unrealistic.""""
They did a movie about a tree and a raccoon going on space adventures
>>
>>91079108
I'm glad I prompted you to read something today besides shitposting.

There's a reason the US studios watch the opening weekend in the States like a hawk, and aren't funding sub-studios in China for their massive audience.

The overseas box office compensates for the budget bloat that's currently the fad.

That said, TDK remains their single biggest theatrical hit.
>>
>>91079154
A tree with human face. And everyone loves talking animals
>>
>>91079204
>A tree with human face.
Is that supposed to make it more realistic?
>>
>>91079171
>deflecting because he was proven wrong
>TDK remains their single biggest theatrical hit.

It factually isn't.
>>
>>91079154
You act like that was the first time in film history a movie had weird characters. And they aren't even weird, you can find both a tree and a raccoon on Earth.
>>
File: 1377350308966.jpg (108KB, 944x308px) Image search: [Google]
1377350308966.jpg
108KB, 944x308px
>>91079226
A Harry Potter movie made an extra hundred million (unadjusted) dollars, spread out over 100 different countries. Granted.

Doesn't change the fact that TDK is their biggest hit. We'll just both have to go on believing we are right.
>>
>>91079256
It's the space (and the talking) that makes it weird.
>>
>>91079287
I mean, this guy >>91079108 explained to you in detail why you're wrong and you still believe you're right. I think that's a sign of delusion.
>>
>>91079223
Yes
>>
>>91079223
Why else would they do it?
>>
>>91079301
>talking animals
>weird
>>
>>91079314
>explained to you in detail why you're wrong
Yes, I said Chinese Box office didn't matter nearly as much, and he pointed out that some of the receipts DON'T EVEN REALLY exist, and the rest is subject to money laundering and weird tax manipulations.

He sure showed me.
>>
>>91079376
Your implication was that world wide box office is negligible to the profit of a movie, which is absolute horseshit. You made the claim that TDK is WB's biggest hit ever - like that's supposed to be an insult or something - and were proven wrong. Now you're just digging in your heals and moving goal posts.
>>
File: 1420894043723.png (256KB, 536x468px) Image search: [Google]
1420894043723.png
256KB, 536x468px
>>91079420
>Your implication was that world wide box office is negligible to the profit of a movie
Incorrect. I said that it is of less significance than domestic box office.
>claim that TDK is WB's biggest hit ever - like that's supposed to be an insult or something
Now you are just being paranoid and thin-skinned.
>Now you're just digging in your heals and moving goal posts.
Nope, I'm right where I started. If foreign reciepts could float movies, we'd all be weighing in on how great Pacific Rim 2 was.

Domestic grosses are surefire money in the bank. The money you get out of foreign markets certainly does help to offset the huge production budget, but it doesn't make or break big budget films. As the very person rebutting me at length pointed out, the Chinese box office is a byzantine mess of corruption, fake numbers and dodgy math. Not that the studios themselves aren't famous for it.

I'm willing to let you be half-right on a niggling point. Certainly the HP franchise has been much bigger for WB than anything they've tried in the past, but individually they didn't net the profits that TDK brought back to the studio.

That's all I can give you.
>>
>>91077607
>>91077757
Not him but there's nothing in the Mcu that compares to first flight or the pentagon escene
>>
>>91077997
Stop masturbating to Evans and watch the movie, Steve is George Bush Jr.
>>
Ladderbro, you should kill yourself at this point
>>
>>91079538
>. If foreign reciepts could float movies, we'd all be weighing in on how great Pacific Rim 2 was.
But there's a sequel to be released next year. Oh, wait
>ladderbro
That explains everything
>>
>>91079538
>Now you are just being paranoid and thin-skinned.
Proyecting much?
All of your post reeks of proyection, "cretin"
>>
>>91078483
>Thor can wreck everyone
>Except guy with shield
Can you be any more incoherent?
>>
>>91078277
He literally did, lmao.
>I know this is just a bait thread
So you can feel free to shitpost, fucking mong
>>
File: Internets Arguments Won.png (15KB, 528x434px) Image search: [Google]
Internets Arguments Won.png
15KB, 528x434px
>>91078500
>>
>>91075275
>Iron Mans first mission
>Cap on the boat (and during the rest of the movie)
>Hulk vs the giant fishworm
>Thor vs Hulk
>Thor vs Iron Man vs Cap
>everything in Ant-Man
Of course nothing of this is close to as good as the Nightcrawler sequence but it's not like it's not there. Hopefully we'll get some crazy shit in Thor 3, even though the idiots went and cut his hair.
>>
Most of the pretty effects are Iron-Man suit ups.
The rest of their powers mostly involve hitting things hard or harder.
I suppose the other point is that you're not supposed to even notice most of the things are cg, like the majority of the New York invasion besides the humans on screen from time to time.
And did you not enjoy the Hulkbuster fight?

For the most part Marvel has avoided uses slow motion, I think even with quicksilver each time they used it the shot only lasted a few seconds, otherwise they mostly showed real-time speed and he just flew past in a blur.

I'm concerned what DC are doing, nearly every character reacts to things in slow motion, so what exactly is the point of the Flash from a creative standpoint? Not even sure how they're going to address how ridiculously overpowered his full potential is supposed to be and why he can't just use it to solve every problem.
>>
>>91076701
I think you just proved OP's point because I personally can't remember fucking any of these yet I can remember all of the one OP mentioned plus more.

The one thing I remember from the Avengers though was Hulk picking up Loki and smacking the shit out of him like a rag doll.

Well at least Ant Man was pretty fucking cool at showcasing his powers.
>>
>>91080536
>I think you just proved OP's point because I personally can't remember fucking any of these
It just proves your a moron or mentally challenged or 7 when they happened, everyone else remembers these things fine.
>>
>>91080536
>The one thing I remember from the Avengers though was Hulk picking up Loki
Confirmed underage B&
>>
>>91080447
>I'm concerned what DC are doing, nearly every character reacts to things in slow motion

Superman doesnt.

And he is faster than fox and marvel's QS at 900 the speed of sound
>>
>>91079154
That is actually far more realistic than half of the 'superpowered' characters, even ones you call mundane.
>>
>>91079301
Space is weird?
Are you saying all stories ever should only ever be on Earth? Also fuck astronauts?
>>
>>91081566
Is this trolling?
>>
>>91079301
>talking animals
>weird
It hasn't been weird since 1939 at least
>space
>weird
Not since 1902
>>
File: 1490602879858.jpg (190KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1490602879858.jpg
190KB, 1024x576px
don't know
>>
>>91081598
Lmao

Last time you saw both together with a talking tree and David Bowie?
>>
>>91081625
You forgot the scene where the people on the right explode and die, while the audience didn't care.
>>
Because they are ashamed of their source.
>>
You're right, DC has characters like Superman and where is Marvel's Superman?

Why do movies like Batman vs Superman manage treat their heroes with so much more respect and gravitas than any Marvel movie does? It's just so clear that DC respects their source material more which is why their movies are so much more acclaimed in the critical circuit.
>>
>>91081658
This.

The DCEU goes right into the essence of the characters, and do them justice.

This is why Superman is silent and autistic, Batman is a murderer and dumb,and Wonder Woman is a stick who gives up on humanity.

I just find weird when you say that "DC" is responsible for these achievements, when the comic division isn't in control of it to begin with, but Warner.
>>
>>91077805
>What I am saying is that it'd be nice if their characters got more to do then one great scene.

Well, it is a team movie, you need to balance it so that it isn't just Nightcrawler bamfs every problem away.
>>
>>91081691
>Deconstructing you heroes is bad
>>
>>91081703
THIS. Why do marvelbabs always bring up WB's portrayal of their superheroes? Like... their comic characters, so them being completely different to the comics isn't weird at all. Comics have different writers ALL THE TIME. Batman kills, Superman is a bit more broody. So what? That's their version of those characters which is perfectly fine because DC has elseworld stories all the time.

Only kiddies care that their pure and good hero is changed just a slightest bit. Superman needed those changes to be more appealing to a wider audience because he has a lot of dumb parts in the comics, but apparently this is a bad thing.
>>
>>91080582
No they don't. Ask someone what the plot of Avengers, Thor the Dark World or Iron Man 3 was about and they'll just start stammering. The MCU movies are great when you watch them, but you've forgotten most of them within 48 hours. At least anyone who isn't a hardcore fan.
>>
>>91081731
>Superman needed those changes to be more appealing to a wider audience

And yet nobody likes Cavillman.
>>
>>91081780

W R O N G

R

O

N

G
>>
>>91081640
Yeah, I remember the 12 people that died in The battle of NY. Big deal.

You cinematic universe is anything but cinematic.
>>
>>91081640
>marvelcuck being this easily triggered already.
Man, they have been on fire since last year
>>
>it's a Marvel movie
Their movies don't matter.
>>
>marvel
SHIT
>>
>>91081703
Honestly this.

These heroes just don't work with modern audiences, and need to be changed to be interesting. I actually wanted for Batman to kill the fuck out of Superman just told river the point home. This is not a marvel flick, this is an original and completely refreshing take on characters who never were explored so deeply. What if they don't resemble their comic counterparts? Hollywood has a history of changing stuff like this anon said anyway >>91081731 and still, plenty of these movies are soon to be modern classics, like the last Robocop.
>>
>>91081731
>So what?
doing what was just done but moreso and then presenting your work as subversive is nothing but masturbation
if you're gonna design the whole DCCU as 'Nolan Dark Knight saga but with even more piss and grit' then fine, at least own up to it rather than hide behind a pretense of high art that's as thin as the MCU's cinematography
>>
>>91081866
so your entire complaint is NOT MUH

got it
>>
File: 1427487574407.jpg (6KB, 240x250px) Image search: [Google]
1427487574407.jpg
6KB, 240x250px
>>91081906
>DCfans say that DC respects their source material >>91081645 and >>91081658
>then continue to say 'not muh' and 'only children care about keeping their heroes pristine'
>>
>>91081906
my complaint is saying "I do better blankets than Wartson's' and then unveiling two Warston blankets sewn together and demanding a standing ovation
>>
File: tw.jpg (34KB, 444x621px) Image search: [Google]
tw.jpg
34KB, 444x621px
>marvel
Skip it.
>>
Because Marvel creative input is heavily restricted by studio demanded request so their movies have an aesthetic similarity that makes them easily recognizable while still meeting the deadlines. It's a bland formula of totally irrelevant movies defined the same way their modern comics are. And you should actually do something better with your time and money.
>>
>>91082051
/Thread
>>
>>91077958
>He wasn't even the main character in his own movie
Why are you pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>91081754
>The MCU movies are great when you watch them, but you've forgotten most of them within 48 hours
If you have an attention span comparable to a gold fish sure.
>>
>>91082439
This. I never got this meme, I always had good conversation regarding the MCU with my friends and normalfags. While most of the time that we talk about the DCEU, is to complain about it.
>>
>>91080363
>guy has virtually indestructible shield
>Thor only attacked once, on said virtually indestructible shield
Stop being retarded.
>>
>>91077425
I was 7. It terrified me. Best film ever.
>>
>>91082467
Because you guys are unintelligent and easily impressed.
>>
>>91075275
Almost all your examples are from Singer films. Singer remains a truly great filmmaker, pederast or not, he's a league above most other people who direct superhero films. He's always done a superb job depicting superpowers, even Superman Returns, for all its boring rehashed mediocrity has that image of a bullet crumpling against Supe's eyeball, that's an amazing visual shorthand for invincibility. No one else comes close.

The only MCU films that have really come close to matching that ingenuity are Ant Man and Winter Soldier with Cap's slight but well defined superhuman abilities.
>>
>>91080363
Cap has a counter impact shield, perfect against a magic hammer.
>>
@91082844
Triggered?
>>
>>91081625
explain pls?
>>
>>91078878
Hulk punching something 200% his size and stopping it in its track isn't interesting?
>>
>>91083017
Dude, its basicaly
>I dont like it, so it doesnt count!
>>
>>91083017
(I don't care about company sperging but) big guy punching big thing isn't that great. The previously quoted thunderclap was a good ex.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (360KB, 2160x1209px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
360KB, 2160x1209px
>>91078763
>that the thing prequel
>they originally would do those horror scenes with practical effects just like in the original movie
>covered it all up with CGI anyway
I still ask myself why
>>
>>91083382
>watching remakes
>ever
>>
File: 2838682_orig.jpg (426KB, 1036x800px) Image search: [Google]
2838682_orig.jpg
426KB, 1036x800px
>>91083506
Sorry to break it to ya, but the 1982 The Thing is also a remake from a 1951 movie
So is Scarface and other good movies from the 80s
Also the 2011 The Thing isn't a remake, but a prequel

But yeah, most of remakes do suck and I've got a bad feeling about the Escape from NY prequel/remake that's coming
>>
File: Fly_poster.jpg (19KB, 221x350px) Image search: [Google]
Fly_poster.jpg
19KB, 221x350px
>>91083553
This sonuvabitch is also a remake
>>
>>91075275
>(they even managed to get good scenes from someone whose power is literally to have knives on his hands)

You type that as if that wasn't why Wolverine became one of the most popular superheroes in the first place.

>Wow, they even made a fight scene with Wolverine in it interesting!

No shit.
>>
>>91083553
>remake
You mean a new adaptation of the original short story.
>>
>>91083589
Even Carpenter has said that it was a remake once, so I think it's valid
>>
That's what Marvel was built on.

At the same time that you have Spider-Man getting ragged on by football players and getting his ass beaten by Mysterio and Vulture, over in Gardner Fox's JLA you have Flash vibrating into other universes, throwing pebbles through titanium like a "straw in a hurricane" and levitating by kicking his feet really fast.
>>
>>91083641
OK, then
>watching modern remakes
>ever
>>
>>91083580
>>Wow, they even made a fight scene with Wolverine in it interesting!
>No shit.
the point is that his powers are not flashy at all and his fight scenes look way better than any fight scene in Avengers 1, 2, Civil War
>>
>>91075275
It' because of Iron Man. The first MCU movie was more grounded in reality, and it was hugely successful, so that affected the others.
>>
>>91083680
Sometimes it works, like 3:10 to Yuma
Can 2012 Dredd be considered a remake?
>>
>>91083705
>dat Logan seizure scene
>>
>>91083747
>3:10 to Yuma
Nah.
>Can 2012 Dredd be considered a remake?
No way. Did you see any robots or flying bikes in it?
>>
>>91083794
Well, that's a budget problem but you got a point
>>
File: 1486942924043.gif (465KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486942924043.gif
465KB, 480x480px
>>91079154
>Implying GotG wasn't another cookie cutter Marvel movie
>>
>>91083863
GotG proved that people will watch anything as long it has "MARVEL" in the title
>>
>>91083836
More like they wanted people to forget that Stallone crap.
>>
>>91075275
>Like Cap deflecting Iron-Man beam for no reason other than making Cap not useless.

You can't really make Captain America look cool though since he's actually worthless. The MCU literally spends 98% of their budget trying to make Cap look just a little cool.
>>
>>91083017
In itself, no.
>>
>>91083863
>>91083895
>Marvel makes a movie of a completely unknown to the mainstream franchise with a rather bizarre choice for director
>shows they can rely on more than standard brands and more familiar sorts of characters and actors they'd been doing up until then
>console-war faggots just say "people will eat whatever shit has Marvel stamped on it
Marvel could make a gritty, dark and foreboding movie that got good reviews and people would go "see, people didn't like it when DC did it, but look what happens when you flash the Marvel logo before showing it!"
>>
>>91084124
Yes, that what we said. Put a Marvel logo on a turd and people will eat it.
>>
>>91084124
It's true tho, just look at Iron Fist
http://screenrant.com/iron-fist-marvel-netflix-ratings-viewership/
>>
>>91078878
I thought parts of the first Iron Man were pretty good at that actually. He may not have SUPER powers, but that's one of the main points of his character, he has to use his technical skills and quick thinking in unusual ways.
Hell, he only won his first fight against a big bad guy by waiting for a technical flaw in his own invention (that he'd already found and overcome) to kick in.
>>
>>91084370
Or America
>>
>>91084161
Nah. Make a good dark superhero movie that happens to be from Marvel, and people will say it was popular because it was Marvel, not because it was good.
>>
File: v1.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>>91084124
Both DC and Marvel movies are shit nowadays, Marvel was good when it wasn't Disney's cow
>the best Marvel movie in years was produced by FOX
>>
>>91084124
Gaurdians of the Galaxy succeeded because it maintained the cookie cutter "box office success" formula Disney keeps pumping out. It follows the same basic plot as most other Marvel movies.
>>
>>91075332
more interesting than another "Peak human" or "great fighter".
How much are of those in MCU?
Cap, Bucky, Widow, Hawkeye, Crossbones, Nick Fury, Maria Hill
>>
>>91084504
>Cap, Bucky, Widow, Hawkeye, Crossbones, Nick Fury, Maria Hill
Are you autistic? They all have different powersets.
>>
>>91076842
Okay, that was pretty good
>>
>>91083836
Dredd is the second adaptation of the comic. It's neither a remake, reboot, or sequel to the Stallone movie.
>>
>>91077085
Spores scene was amazing and had ABOSLUTELY ASTONISHING music
>>
File: Eggxechuehuehue.png (170KB, 348x336px) Image search: [Google]
Eggxechuehuehue.png
170KB, 348x336px
>>91078813
>Philosopher's Stone had to be renamed Sorcerer's Stone in the US
>>
>>91075275
Because they want to have all the heroes feel like they're all relevant.
Why have a team of super heroes when Superman can just throw every threat into the sun?
>>
>>91084541
Expalin to me what is a difference between powers of cap and bucky, or fury and hill
>>
>>91084692
Just read their fucking wiki pages, it's not that difficult.
You really think superpowered protagonist Cap and generic secondary char MH are alike?
>>
>>91084838
Im talking about fucking MCU

Yes they fucking are because Bucky was supposed to be like Cap, they have the same powers(Same strenght, same stamina and speed) except for the different toy, shield vs metal arm
>>
>>91084431
>a good dark superhero movie that happens to be from Marvel
Scientifically impossible.
>>
>>91084944
Not a movie, but punisher may be good
>>
>>91084934
>Moving the goalpost

They are similar because the THEY WANTED TO.
It's a "my nemesis is my brother" kind of thing, so they are specular but similar.
Cap got a shield because he is the good guy so he protects, Bucky the commie arm because he is the bad guy.
>>
>>91084982
Furthermore: nemesis are often similar (or tipically with the same background) or totally opposed to the protagonist (supes and lex style).
>>
>>91084982
Huh.
I kinda see your point now.
You won this round anon.

But i still think MCU needs more interesting power sets.
>>
>>91084966
>punisher
>superhero
>>
>>91077958
>came off like a complete jackass to make Iron Man sympathetic.
Both Tony and Cap acted completely irrationally out of character just so they could call the movie "civil war". Suddenly Tony has a conscience and suddenly Cap becomes principled American boy scout just so they could fight during the movie
>>
>>91085046
I was just playing devil's advocate.
MCU is just fucking boring, you are right :)
>>
>>91078060
>I've come to bargain
And explaining his quick mastery through photographic memory was a nice touch
>>
>>91076701
pertty weak compared to most of hte OP's examples
>>
>>91075275
Someone forgot about Ant-Man
>>
>>91086444
>UK comic writers vs. USA comic writers.jpg
>>
>>91084370
Literally every Netflix original is succesful in terms of audience. Literally every one of them.
>>
>>91079376
No, you misunderstood what I was telling you.

The overseas matters a great deal. Basically 100% of what they make will, eventually, come back to them - all they pay is things you can't write off, like distribution costs and budgets. Tax is an abstract concern.

The Chinese money is as much as 10% fiction according to current investigations - but that other 90% is coming back to the studios. It's just that the 10% is substantial and they'd like that too, if it exists.
>>
I hate stuff like pic related. Some characters have better powers (or one's that are more appropriate in that situation) than others, the plot should respect that.
I wouldn't say x-men get it right all the time but mcu doesn't even attempt it.
>>
File: airport battle.jpg (55KB, 800x341px) Image search: [Google]
airport battle.jpg
55KB, 800x341px
>>91086866
>>
>>91086866
You mean how in the actual scene (and not the screencap) they made use of Ant-Man's powers to infiltrate IM's armor, which forced Iron Man to use his armor in a clever and before unseen way? Also Giant-Man?

Or how Spider-Man had a clearly unique fighting style that relied heavily on his powers while Cap and Bucky relied on skills?
>>
File: ringerinryrutt.png (134KB, 284x349px) Image search: [Google]
ringerinryrutt.png
134KB, 284x349px
>>91086890

Was it meant to look that goofy
>>
>>91086890
with different palette and montage people would remember this film quite differently and they would forget many flaws.
>>
>>91082860
/thread

Bryan Synger is a great director and did nothing wrong. Just like Zack Snyder he sometimes works with better or worse scripts. But as capeshit directing goes Bryan is a gift to humankind.
>>
File: endoffirstclass.jpg (95KB, 640x329px) Image search: [Google]
endoffirstclass.jpg
95KB, 640x329px
>>91087299
>Bryan Synger is a great director and did nothing wrong.
It helps that when he was gone, some of the stupidest shit in the X-Men franchise happened.
>>
>>91084079
The Winter soldier did it on the boat scene. I guess its because there was no metas and he was the apex guy there

>Iron man, do what you usually do, Thor, do what you usually do, everyone, do what you usually do without my great strategy powers, Hulk, meme off bro
But yeah, he always come off as useless on crossovers.
>>
>>91084497
The best marvel movies werent dont by disney.

Blade 1,2, Spiderman 1,2, X2, Hulkino 2003, Iron man 1

You know its true.
>>
>>91087393
But that's literally what he said, that the best Marvel movies weren't made by Disney and that the best Marvel movie in years was made by Fox
>>
>>91084500
Nobody likes GOTG for the plot. I don't know what it is with you younguns and your obsession with "original" plots anyway. Didn't mama ever tell you there's nothin new under the sun?
>>
>>91087589
>Nobody likes GOTG for the plot
Pretty much.
GotG has a boring plot and pretty terrible stunts, but the characters are pretty well executed, the sets and lighting are generally tight as fuck, solid CGI, solid cinematography, good soundtrack, well handled tonal shifts, some great dialogue, solid makeup work, generally good acting, decent world-building, ...
There's a lot to like about that movie if you don't just focus on plot and quips.
>>
File: 3498682.jpg (222KB, 855x1276px) Image search: [Google]
3498682.jpg
222KB, 855x1276px
>>91077694
Everyone in Marvel in general are low powered. There is not a whole lot to display when their superpowers are described as shit like
>peak human
whatever that bullshit means. But nothing in Marvel is ever going to display the kinds of feats we saw in MoS because no one in Marvel is anywhere approaching that level.

No one in the setting is even bulletproof. Marvel """superheroes""" take care of shit that the police could handle on a normal day
>>
File: lk.jpg (240KB, 656x369px) Image search: [Google]
lk.jpg
240KB, 656x369px
>>91087879
That's some weak bait.
>the kinds of feats we saw in MoS
Pretty sure we've seen the Hulk throw people at buildings.
>>
>>91087996
>throw people at buildings
mhmhmhm
>>
>>91088010
Take the ball-gag off.
>>
>>91078558
>DC does this dumb shit in every media involving Superman. He's nigh as fast as Flash when it's time to demonstrate just how fast he is, and at every other point in the story he's not quite as quick and agile as Batman to make Batman look useful.
>The Snyder films fall into this same dumb trope.

Wait, this is how Batman works in every continuity that includes Batman and any superpowered character.

The superpowered ones are required to forget they can do things like fly or move fast, and the ones that are geniuses ans scientists are immediately made into fucking retarded children just because Batman has to look useful in some way.

And superspeed is the first power dropped when Batman appears, Superman forgets he has it, Wonderwoman forgets she has it, sometimes Flash forgets too.

Barry will totally forget that he is a forensic scientist, Superman is reduced to a big guy that punches things, Hal and John forget they ever had any combat training outside of "I think this is how one balls a fist...maybe?"
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>91087996
We saw Hulk flail around like a retarded child until Iron Man knocked him out with a punch.
>>
>>91087879
>nothing in Marvel is ever going to display the kinds of feats we saw in MoS
What? I'm pretty sure black widow has snapped a few necks
>>
>>91088098
And barely armored Batman took out Superman thanks to plotstone, your point?
>>
>>91088147
At least that one made sense and had a reason behind it.

Thor cannot handle Iron Man on a normal day, he cannot even begin to hurt Captain America (who is capable of fucking Iron Man up with his hands) And Hulk is defeated by a single punch.

Doomsday tanked a nuke and reentry and was just fine the whole time. Nothing in Marvel is ever going to approach that level of power.
>>
>>91088339
>At least that one made sense and had a reason behind it.
>Thor cannot handle Iron Man on a normal day, he cannot even begin to hurt Captain America (who is capable of fucking Iron Man up with his hands) And Hulk is defeated by a single punch.
555-comeonnow
>>
File: cgi.png (1MB, 900x852px) Image search: [Google]
cgi.png
1MB, 900x852px
>>91082974
I think he's trying to say the frame composition in DC movies is better than MCU films.

I don't know if that's true. BvS had some good shots in it the beginning of the title fight and Bruce's preparation sequence, but the rest of the movie looks like fucking shit. I don't understand how a 200 million dollar movie has such awful green screen compositing. And whenever the CG Superman does something then shifts to the real Henry Cavill at the very end of the scene I get pissed off.
>>
>>91075275
Because when you have a character like Quicksilver you can only use them for one good scene and then you have to write them out of the movie to have any stakes beyond that.

Nerfing a character is an unfortunate necessity in order to maintain some narrative tension.
>>
File: disney shits.jpg (565KB, 2116x1192px) Image search: [Google]
disney shits.jpg
565KB, 2116x1192px
>>91075275
Disney knows quality doesnt matter as long as there are enough quips to keep the ADHD ridden population engaged
>>
>>91089279
That is literally "hello young people" tier marketing. How do people fuck it up this bad?
>>
>>91089630
Deadlines and lack of motivation
>>
>>91075300
That's some quality damage control.
>>
>>91086890
Look at those children gathering to play at an abandoned airport strip!
>>
>>91083794
>not count 3:10

come on, its literally a remake
>>
>>91086890
>Literally cosplay con goers the movie

Why the fuck does anyone pretend to like this?
>>
File: What Did This Retard Just Say.webm (2MB, 544x400px) Image search: [Google]
What Did This Retard Just Say.webm
2MB, 544x400px
>>91075275
>Why are the MCU displays of power so mundane (with the exception of Dr Strange)?
>shows the only two standout action examples from Bryan Singer's ENTIRE filmography
The bias is strong. Apocalypse had more action than any X-men movie and it all looked horrible.
>>
>>91091654
He listed more than 2. 8 to be precise, even including some from Apocalypse. Which btw Apocalypse was the average MCU movie. Just done by fox, so it was wrong by default.

But rewatching both phase 2 and Apocalypse, its just an average movie. Not as bad compared to some of the lows of phase 2, yet not so good as some of the highs.

The action and powers are actually better done in Apocalypse than CW, a movie that was a 2 hours ad for Spider-man. Also the no more speech, literally a villain scene that Marvel will never be able to reproduce with their discount villains.
>>
This thread does a good job of showcasing how clueless MCU fans are
>>
>>91075275
Better question, what heroes does mcu use that could display "holy shit" moments of power?

Thor could do so if you deep dive into his comic power set. Problem is he on a team of people that are roughly Batman tier physically and would make normies go "why doesn't Thor just X"

Cap, BW, HE, WS and Panther aren't that memorable.

Hulk falls into punch shit even harder. You can only do so much with that.

Vision, IM, and WM are displays of flight, beams, and strength. Although I think with a little smidging of the power set, you could do some fun stuff with Vision.

The Guardians are even worst off.

That leaves Ant Man, Scarlett, and Strange.
>>
>>91075275
DC is stupid
>>
>>91083705
>the point is that his powers are not flashy at all a
>power is to slice and dice like nobody's business
>not flashy
>>
>>91091380
Decent choreography in the scenes primarily focused on Cap and Bucky.

The epic quips are for cheap chuckles but I can overlook them if I'm not trapped in a theatre full of fucking morons.

Guardians was painful, I genuinely squirmed in my seat every time Groot got his obnoxious one liner to the tune of uncontrollable giggling.
>>
>>91075275
Now I'm gonna spend few hours to re-watch all that moments on youtube, thx a lot.
>>
>>91075275
Disney/Marvel likes to save money on special effects and they often try to make their movies looks similar to the first Iron Man which had, in my opinion, odd looking cgi like the Tesla coil thing and odd cinematography.

The first Thor had more captivating cinematography than many other the Marvel movies I think. A lot of the stuff in the Marvel movies doesn't really seem 'striking' in appearance like in many blockbuster action movies.
>>
>>91092011
hulk's strength could be used in more creative ways. give him rocks and flick them through things like artillery for example.
>>
>>91092011

Thor could be shown letting loose a lot more against more powerful enemies, but the dude can already smash a city to pieces apparently. He's plenty powerful, he just needs to be written into a situation where he can show it off properly.

Cap/BP/WS are all Batman+ combatants, they're superhuman, but just so that their fights can still be relatively grounded and interesting. Hawkeye's aim is inhumanly possible, just let him get away with more ridiculous accuracy-related stuff.

Hulk's fine, just give him bigger shit to smash to show off why he's the strongest one there is, the Leviathan should have been used as an appetizer. I want to see this fucker punch a godlike being in the face.

Vision is OP, period. It's hard to find a situation where he should theoretically fuckstomp the opposition, unless it's an unleashed Wanda. Him being involved in anything and not crushing the opposition that is not as equally OP should be considered bad writing.

IM/WM work well within their level, they're exactly where I expect them to be when it comes to their performance in a fight.

>The Guardians are even worst off.

They've only had one movie and are still lined up to appear in more, Rocket can probably Farnsworth up a doomsday weapon or something during that time, Drax and Gamora can do more strong guy stuff, and Star Lord is fine.

Scarlet Witch will be key to defeating Thanos, so I expect some possibly Phoenix-tier powers with her by that time.
>>
>>91094168
>>91094216
I thought OP was wanting more HOLY SHIT SUCH COOL SFX moments. But the points here seem to be more "shit to do that isn't just talk/run"

In that case I agree. Things like the IM2 race car change or boxing gloves from Hulk need to be included more.
>>
File: 1458197775163.jpg (218KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1458197775163.jpg
218KB, 600x600px
>>91075275

because the powers in the MCU universe try to lend themselves to some science-fiction explanations whereas Fox's X-Men are completely nonsensical and completely throw all proposed laws of thermodynamics out the fucking window.

For instance, even if you believe that Quicksilver is some god-like mutant that exists above physics... what is he doing in that scene?

Rescuing people and animal, traveling at speeds easily exceeding 1000 mph. Where does all that inertia go for the pedestrians he's saving? Their spines would be shattered, and their brains would be soup from the sudden acceleration changes.
>>
>>91078558
Kinda true in the comics too. Even in the same issue or story. In injustice superman managed to kill every parademom invading earth in a few seconds. There were probably hundreds of millions. Then he gets shot by a kryptonite bullet.
Now to be fair injustice may not be the finest if works and im certain there are plenty of other stories which hold up the continuity.
>>
>>91095399

Most of the superpowered characters currently introduced in the MCU wouldn't lend well to over the top SFX because they're relatively grounded compared to the freaks of nature with blatantly magical powers that are the mutants in the X-Men universe. Ant Man, Thor, Loki, Vision, Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch, and the other upcoming weirdos have a lot more to benefit from flash, glitz, and creativity because they have powers that lend well to that, but most of the MCU characters are relatively mundane, and that's perfectly fine because even Hawkeye has plenty of moments.

I'm fairly certain that if it weren't for licensing considerations (or Whedon being Whedon), Quicksilver not being written out of the MCU would have been a headache to deal with in the bigger narrative. How the hell do you write a universe around teams of heroes when just one of them can potentially solve a problem in less than a minute that doesn't involve a shitload of bad writing and plot induced stupidity?
>>
>>91075275
They want their films to be more subdued so they scare away normies and make them feel awkward for watching cape movies with over the top fight scenes
>>
File: 1486940305191.jpg (24KB, 570x321px) Image search: [Google]
1486940305191.jpg
24KB, 570x321px
>>91080441
>>91097085
>How the hell do you write a universe around teams of heroes when just one of them can potentially solve a problem in less than a minute that doesn't involve a shitload of bad writing and plot induced stupidity?.
With powerful enemies. Pretty easy.
>>
>>91097559
In that case, why don't those "powerful enemies" just kill the rest of the team?
>>
>>91097559

That'd make like 90% of the MCU heroes irrelevant.

This also means that the DCEU would lose the only character that people seem to give a shit about, Batman.
>>
>>91098448
Because they are busy figthing the powerful heroes.
>>
>>91099008

It'd literally take a second for Doomsday to look over and fry Batman, or for Ultron Prime to fry everyone that isn't Thor, Hulk, or Vision in the middle of a pitched battle.
>>
bait thread is bait
>>
File: 1480831975451.png (525KB, 661x802px) Image search: [Google]
1480831975451.png
525KB, 661x802px
>>91099007
>The powerful heroes are figthing the powerful villains
>The others heroes are figthing henchmans, protecting people or trying to stop villain's plan while he is busy figthing
Is this so fucking hard to understand? Why the hell are moviefags so fucking dumb holy shit.
>>
>>91099008
But that excuse falls apart because of the power differential. It would take a high-level enemy fucking nothing to fry someone like Batman or Green Arrow or even Spiderman or the Fantastic Four in any of the numerous pauses that capeshit fights always have. It would be like trying to fight Dr. Manhattan for them.
>>
>>91099603
Read >>91099235 The non top tier heroes shoud not be part of the big fights.
>>
>>91078660

I was thinking more Heath Bars. Can you imagine how amazing that'd be, you'd never go hungry again.
>>
>>91084692
Cap has a super frisbee
WS has a robot arm to jerk it with
fury has a bazooka
hill has super organizational skills
>>
>>91099235
>The powerful heroes are figthing the powerful villains

While the squishy meatbags are also within visual or hearing distance, not being squished like a well-fed mosquito.

>The others heroes are figthing henchmans, protecting people or trying to stop villain's plan while he is busy figthing

So the thing that everyone bitches about when it comes to dealing with armies of faceless mooks because they offer nothing else useful to the situation at hand?

Also, why is there the assumption that the big bad works alone?

>Black Widow and Hawkeye to do their sneaky routine to get at the MacGuffin to stop Thanos
>get to MacGuffin
>A Black Order member was guarding it the whole time and blindsides them

Try to asspull something from that situation before they're torn limb from limb. Better hope another heavy hitter is nearby, oh wait, they're getting their shit slapped by Thanos because all of the important people are assigned to the biggest threat on the field.
>>
>>91078626
How'd you pay off yours?
>>
>>91100665
>Try to asspull something from that situation
They got Ant-man, Panther, Spiderman, the Guardians, the cap, etc. All those people can pull something.
>>
>>91076842
Wanda's powers are connected to her emotions.

She literally used her feels for Vision to defeat Vision.
>>
>>91077321
Wanda and Vision are holding back. The Russo's have said as much.
>>
File: 1456713965940.gif (3MB, 400x165px) Image search: [Google]
1456713965940.gif
3MB, 400x165px
>>91087589
>It's okay for GotG to have a shitty, unimaginative plot because everything's already been done before
Thread posts: 277
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.