[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Predict MCU's first-timers line-up after Infinity War part

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

File: Marvelstudioslogo2013.jpg (843KB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Marvelstudioslogo2013.jpg
843KB, 4096x2304px
Predict MCU's first-timers line-up after Infinity War part 2.

Nova
Namor
Thunderbolts
Fantastic 4 (By working out a deal with Fox just like the Sony deal for Spidey)
>>
>>91074623
>Wave 1

Nova
Songbird
Blade
Spider-Man 2099

>Wave 2

Black Cat
America
Prowler

>Wave 3
Miles Morales
Sinister Six
Venom

>Wave 4
Morbius
Spider-Man Noir
Spiderverse

If you didn't get the joke, everything will fall off after Infinity War accept for Spider-Man related franchises.
>>
>>91074623
Thunderbolts for sure
>>
>>91074767
>Disney giving up and letting Sony reap the reward after this 10 year plan
You're an idiot
>>
>>91074623
>Namor
Are the rights issues all cleared up, finally?
>>
File: 1422138214620.png (286KB, 512x236px) Image search: [Google]
1422138214620.png
286KB, 512x236px
>>91074623
>Fantastic 4 (By working out a deal with Fox just like the Sony deal for Spidey)

this will never be a thing

if that poopoo ass Fant4stic wasn't enough to warrant a deal with Marvel, then nothing will. There is no failure on Earth that will pry it from the hands of Fox, and we're all just going to have to live with that
>>
>>91074623
Black Panther
Doctor Strange
Captain Marvel

Is anyone stupid enough to think thats not exactly what there setting up?
>>
>>91074825
Interest in the MCU will be an all time low after Infinity War Part 2, just like Westerns were when they flooded the market.

Something about not studying history and being forced to repeat it?

Spider-Man will likely be the sole survivor of this onslaught, be it reboot or continuation....Because he's fucking Spider-Man.

Disney will likely find away to use their Jew powers to get Spider-Man rights fully. Either Cap, Iron Man, or Hulk (likely Hulk though) will probably get movies every once and a while, but not nearly as common as they are getting now. We'll see a new hero put on screen every now and then, but the crash will make Disney more cautious of what they allow to be made into a movie, that company doesn't fuck around with failures, ask Tron Legacy.
>>
>>91074901
Superhero movies aren't even close to being like Westerners. They cover an umbrella of genres.
>>
>>91074623
>after Infinity War part 2

Will be Spider-Man sequels, maybe a Guardians 3 or Ant-Man 3, maybe Captain Marvel or Black Panther sequel, Doctor Strange sequel, etc

I don't think we're going to get any cool new characters
>>
>>91074901
Please no.

I need Marvel Studios to make up with Fox and share the F4 rights so they can make Annihilation.

All I want is just Annihilation movie trilogy, why is it too much to ask?

I swear after Annihilation movie happens, I'm gonna quit comic book superhero movies.
>>
File: peter parker eating a cookie.jpg (65KB, 357x485px) Image search: [Google]
peter parker eating a cookie.jpg
65KB, 357x485px
>>91074926
In comics, yes. But not in cinema.

In movies capes are nearly identical from the last. Every year that passes people are becoming more and more critical of them and less and less people go to see the movies (Yes, be it at a short rate, but a rate none the less). A guarantee a good chunk of that audience is just holding on till Infinity War comes around so that they can get their grand finale. Then it'll seem like the movies are just dragging on and on past their due date.
>>
>>91074881
2 of those characters have (had) movies before IW, I don't think you can count them as predictions
>>
>>91074998
Didn't Marvel make a deal with Fox over that Legion show? There's a chance, but I don't see it happening.

Normies don't like FF anymore and it's highly unlikely Marvel will waste their time with it.
>>
>>91074901
oh man there is so much wrong with this

>Spider-Man will likely be the sole survivor of this onslaught
People have been tired of spider-man since the first Amazing Spider-man reboot
>Disney will likely find away to use their Jew powers to get Spider-Man rights fully
The only way to get the rights back would be to buy it, how can they be Jews if they buy something?
>Hulk (likely Hulk though) will probably get movies
HA, no. Hulk has the same deal as Spidey the only difference is Universal and Disney don't get along
>We'll see a new hero put on screen every now and then, but the crash will make Disney more cautious of what they allow to be made into a movie
GotG, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange were all successes and getting sequels they've realized they can put what ever out and people will eat it up
>that company doesn't fuck around with failures, ask Tron Legacy.
good thing non of the MCU movies have been financial failures
>>
>>91075027
>is just holding on till Infinity War comes around so that they can get their grand finale.

I don't speak for the majority but yeah, that is me. After they beat Thanos, I will take a break from superhero movies. And go back to anime.
>>
>>91074901
Nigga cape movies are nowhere near as numerous as westerns were back then. They had like 50 per year.
You read a book nigga, you read a book.
>>
>>91075078
>Didn't Marvel make a deal with Fox over that Legion show?
Yes, the deal was Marvel Television is involved and that they get a cut of the ad revenue, nothing more, A tv show isn't worth the same as film rights
>>
>>91075078
It's not just about F4 in itself.

It's about the the characters tangled up in F4 rights.

Skrulls, Galactus, Silver Surfer, Annihilus etc. I NEED me my Annihilation movie.
>>
>>91074623
My bet is a reboot after IW2
>>
File: Batman-1-3.png (135KB, 2168x1668px) Image search: [Google]
Batman-1-3.png
135KB, 2168x1668px
>>91075083
>People have been tired of spider-man since the first Amazing Spider-man reboot

Factually incorrect. Pic related.

>The only way to get the rights back would be to buy it, how can they be Jews if they buy something?

Whatever price Sony is offering for Spidey, he likely makes more. Pic related again.

>HA, no. Hulk has the same deal as Spidey the only difference is Universal and Disney don't get along

There was a deal made recently with Universal that they didn't go too into detail over. I know part of it involved ride rights though, because of the new Iron Man ride Universal is making.

>GotG, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange were all successes and getting sequels they've realized they can put what ever out and people will eat it up

Guardians was a success, Strange could be argued to be one as well, but Ant-Man is no success. At least by Marvel standards.

>good thing non of the MCU movies have been financial failures

Again, repeating history. This same thing happened with Western Films where the market was flooded by them and everyone was eating that shit up. Capes are reaching their peak in cinema, and due to normies being completely different than comic fans, it'll drop off.
>>
>>91075088
Or, you can just go to comics. Just a suggestion, there's tons of good shit you can read and unlike the movies there's a large variety genres and sub genres.

But that's just a suggestion, you do you my friend, you do you.

>>91075110
So you don't think that Marvel is screwing themselves by releasing all these super hero movies in the same year that are nearly identical from the last?

>>91075123
Darn, I was kinda hoping to see Wolverine and Spidey get into arguments together on the big screen. Oh well.

>>91075135
All under the Fantastic Four umbrella. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
>>
>>91075194
>Factually incorrect. Pic related.
>Toy sales are the same as movie sales
>Ant-Man is no success
right that's why they're not making a sequel...wait
>>
>>91075274
>>91075135
Actually, scratch what I said.

Skrulls and Galactus have a chance, but that's it. But it would be via some bullshit explanation like they did with Wanda and Quicksilver.
>>
>>91075305
Skulls are owned by both just like the twins
Super Skulls and Galactus are both under F4 at Fox
>>
>>91075281
Spider-Man preforms better than any other Marvel character in film (and in comics) except the first Avengers movie.

Even the most slammed of the movies, Amazing Spider-Man 2, preformed better than everything else. People like the character that much.
>>
>>91075274
>So you don't think that Marvel is screwing themselves by releasing all these super hero movies in the same year that are nearly identical from the last?
1. I never made that claim, I was just replying to your smug-ass remark about knowing history
2. Even if I buy your premise that they're all the same (which I don't, really), seems to me Disney has been doing that for decades and nobody minds.
3. People have been clamoring for the cape bubble to burst since before Avengers, and since then there have been *more* cape movies that make tons of money, not less.
4. The fuck do you or I know, we're not at all qualified to speculate on that.
>>
>>91075194
>Again, repeating history. This same thing happened with Western Films where the market was flooded by them and everyone was eating that shit up.
Again, not at all comparable in terms of number of movies, stop making that comparison.
>>
>Squirrel Girl
>America Chavez
>Kamala KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN!
>>
>>91075862
>1. I never made that claim, I was just replying to your smug-ass remark about knowing history

I'm not trying to be smug, just stating facts. If you take people pointing this out so personally and continue to take it as a personal attack, maybe you should just take a step back and calm down. Things die, that's life. The old passes away and the new inherits its place. You may not like it, but that's life, and arguing over it with strangers online won't change that.

>Even if I buy your premise that they're all the same (which I don't, really), seems to me Disney has been doing that for decades and nobody minds.

As I stated before, people are growing more and more critical and less and less people are seeing the movies.

>People have been clamoring for the cape bubble to burst since before Avengers, and since then there have been *more* cape movies that make tons of money, not less.

You say that like "tons of money" somehow does not equal "making less money". the views are steadily decreasing, and I believe most people are only hanging on till Infinity War has ended.

>The fuck do you or I know, we're not at all qualified to speculate on that.

I know that trends die and that' it is generally a bad idea not to make an attempt to innovate.
>>
MCU: The Deconstruction

Squirrel Girl

NextWave: Agents of Hate

Gwenpool

I just wish Disney would've chosen Monica Rambeau as Captain Marvel. She had a cool power set and she could've set up NextWave pretty well.
>>
>>91075950
But at least the Westerns (apart from all following a protagonist who is stuck in the old ways) had different plots and structures to them.

Marvel movies do not. So if anything they are in a worse position.
>>
>>91076101
Kinda funny that you're just sticking to MCU movies. If anything, Logan discredits you.
>>
>>91076139
Logan made an attempt to innovate and was very different than the rest of the X-Men movies.

Again, things that Marvel does not have. So I suppose it's a good thing that we're having a discussion about the MCU and not Fox.
>>
Thunderbolts,Black Widow, something new IN SPACE. Isn't Namor in the same hell as Hulk?
>>
>>91076063
>just stating facts
You stated something that was literally wrong and went "what, do people not study wrong facts?". Yes, I get mad when people make stupid statements and then pretend they're smart because nobody else made said stupid statement, nothing about it being personal.
>people are growing more and more critical
Pretty hard to quantify.
> less and less people are seeing the movies.
Are you kidding? 2016 was the year cape movies made the MOST money in total. Marvel just happens to have a couple of big money-making competitors now.
>You say that like "tons of money" somehow does not equal "making less money". the views are steadily decreasing
See previous remark.
>I believe most people are only hanging on till Infinity War has ended.
Good for you.
>>
>>91076101
>Marvel movies do not.
They do though. Get a fucking grip and stop repeating memes.
>>
>>91076241
>black widow
ScarJo is already way too old.

they had their chance to do a Black Widow movie after Cap2.
>>
I think Spider-Man fucked the entire system up with a movie every 2 years. I would not be shocked if the only new property after Avengers 4 is Black Widow. It's just too cramp now.
>>
>>91076275
>You stated something that was literally wrong and went "what, do people not study wrong facts?".

Not at all, the analogy still stands. And as I stated before, if anything they are in a worse position for making the same carbon copy movies after the other.

>Yes, I get mad when people make stupid statements and then pretend they're smart because nobody else made said stupid statement, nothing about it being personal.

Are you sure? Because from your reaction you seem to be taking it pretty personally.

>Pretty hard to quantify.

Looking at reviews and nitpicks in relation to the years certain movies came out would be a good start, but that's all research I don't have time to do.

>Are you kidding? 2016 was the year cape movies made the MOST money in total.

And what were those movies that scored big?

We have Deadpool, which is from Fox and offered something different than the copy paste formula.

We have Suicide Squad, again, another departure from the formula (whether it was good or not is another discussion, so I don't even want to open that can of worms)

And Civil War, the conclusion to the Captain America franchise. Keyword here being conclusion.

>See previous remark.

It's a good thing we're talking about the MCU then.

>Good for you.

Thank you.
>>
>>91076301
>They do though. Get a fucking grip and stop repeating memes.

I'm not repeating a meme.
>>
>>91076324
What? She's only at her early 30s.
>>
Cap 4: Fallen son.
>>
>>91076446
>50 apples is too much to eat
>that means 5 pears is also too much to eat
Yeah no, your "analogy" doesn't stand for shit.

>u mad!
Yeah, very constructive buddy.

> that's all research I don't have time to do.
Then don't expect people to take your assumptions seriously.

>but it wasn't just Marvel
Hence why I pointed out competition. You're not going to sell as many shoes if there are 5 other shoe vendors on the same street, that doesn't mean people are tired of wearing shoes.

>conclusion
Source?

>It's a good thing we're talking about the MCU then.
But it's a bad thing that your entire argument relies on genre fatigue.
>>
>>91076470
Sure you are. There have been 3 origin movies with similar structures (but still notable variations in plot, characters and visuals) over the entire franchise, which is not surprising at all considering origin movies are often based on basic hero's journey structure.
Or maybe you thought AoU, Civil War, Guardians of the Galaxy and Dr. Strange all had the same plot?
>>
>>91074901
>Spider-Man will likely be the sole survivor of this onslaught, be it reboot or continuation....Because he's fucking Spider-Man.

I think the opposite is true. GOTG shows that peopel are more willing to try something new if it's fresh enough. Spider-Man I think will disappoint with Homecoming and interest will finally drop with the character.
>>
>>91076721
>Yeah no, your "analogy" doesn't stand for shit.

No, because those are 50 different movies, Marvel is pushing out the same one with different coats of paint on it.

>Yeah, very constructive buddy.

Just making an observation, my dude.

>Then don't expect people to take your assumptions seriously.

Oh come on, you'd have to be blind not to see it. More and more people pointing out the uninspired soundtrack as the years go on. More and more people pointing out the tired formula as the years go on. More and more people saying it's going to end in fatigue as the years go on.

>Hence why I pointed out competition.

Then why make the point to begin with?

>You're not going to sell as many shoes if there are 5 other shoe vendors on the same street, that doesn't mean people are tired of wearing shoes.

If the others are offering a wider variety of shoes, then they're likely to stop buying from you.

>Source?

Most people view the third movie in a franchise as the end of it. Kinda like how the major acts of Star Wars can be divided into three movies for both of them. I'd assume the same rules applies for the new ones, but time will tell.

>But it's a bad thing that your entire argument relies on genre fatigue.

It's pretty obvious I'm talking about Marvel.
>>
>>91074926
>Superhero movies aren't even close to being like Westerners. They cover an umbrella of genres.
Then why do they all end the same way? Some villain wants to unleash a weapon of destruction and the heroes fight and cause destruction. It's pretty drawn out at this point.
>>
>>91076846
>There have been 3 origin movies with similar structures (but still notable variations in plot, characters and visuals) over the entire franchise

Not true, all the movies have been basically the same. Plot, feeling, tone, structure, and even the steps the plot goes in in order to achieve the resolve. Which, might I add, the resolve for all the movies are the same.

>which is not surprising at all considering origin movies are often based on basic hero's journey structure.

I'm talking about something completely different here.

>Or maybe you thought AoU, Civil War, Guardians of the Galaxy and Dr. Strange all had the same plot?

Yes. And because it's a pain to search through desustorage to find the greentext I made of it, you'll have to forgive me for not being bothered to make that long winded post again.
>>
>>91076954
>No, because those are 50 different movies, Marvel is pushing out the same one with different coats of paint on it.
Neither of those statements is true. Again, you obviously don't know shit about westerns from that era.
>let me repeat my assumptions
Cool.
>If the others are offering a wider variety of shoes, then they're likely to stop buying from you.
But they aren't, people make the same damn memes about all movies being the same about the DCEU. And people still obviously buy from "me". I don't think you're too good at indentifying trends if you think there's actually a notable downwards trend.
>Most people view the third movie in a franchise as the end of it. Kinda like how the major acts of Star Wars can be divided into three movies for both of them. I'd assume the same rules applies for the new ones, but time will tell.
Wew, that's a sweet fucking source. Too bad Cap is smack dab in the middle of an arc.
>It's pretty obvious I'm talking about Marvel.
It's pretty obvious your western comparison on which you base your whole argument on is even less apt then.
>>
>>91076889
>interests will drop with the character
If that were true, they would've dropped with Spider-Man 3 and ASM 2
>>
>>91076889
Spider-Man is an icon as much as Mickey Mouse is and nearly as popular. He's not going anywhere.

I could go to a third world country, show a picture of Spider-Man, and they would all instantly recognize the character.

Anyone have a link to that survey done where they divided states into who their favorite super hero was?
>>
File: can't name other shows.jpg (50KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
can't name other shows.jpg
50KB, 600x600px
>>91077112
All right I'm done. You obviously are just shitposting if you're arguing all the MCU movies have the same plot. Either that or severe selective brain damage that prevents you from understanding what a plot is.
>>
>>91076490
actresses age grows non linearly after 30.

ScarJo doesn't have the acting range for serious drama or comedy. so she has a very short career window left.
>>
>>91076961
That's just basic tropes that will be repeated until the end of time.

I was referring to tone/story. Guardians of the Galaxy is very different to AoU, and Thor is different from Civil War.
>>
>>91074901
This is part of the reason why doing a major crossover event early in their universes history is a bad idea.

They need to get to the point where they are just casually having characters crossover, they can have ongoing subplots and interactions but should never make characters inter-cross for the sake of it.

Maybe they'll understand this better after Infinity Gauntlet 2, if they don't maybe the market will collapse, but it'll rise back up.
>>
>>91077192
>Enemy is coveting over (thing) [Be it the cosmic cube, pym particles, the suit TONY BUILT IN A CAVE WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS! ect. ect.]
>If movie is origin, replace this with a flash back.

>Big fight scene, where the hero wins and captures/kills enemy

>OH NO! It was a lie, this was part of the plan.

>They have access to (thing) now.

>Main hero fights against enemy, but loses

>Side character says "hey, you should try again and shit because I believe in you"

>Hero tries again and wins, and retrieves the (thing)

And don't try to tell me this the heroes journey, because this is specific plot points that all the movies follow and you can't attribute that to the heroes journey.
>>
>>91077128
>Neither of those statements is true. Again, you obviously don't know shit about westerns from that era.
And you're obviously being willfully ignorant of what I'm trying to say.

>Cool.
Thanks my dude.

>But they aren't, people make the same damn memes about all movies being the same about the DCEU.

Not a meme if it's true.

>And people still obviously buy from "me". I don't think you're too good at indentifying trends if you think there's actually a notable downwards trend.

So you're telling me without innovating your business, it'll still be fine?

>Wew, that's a sweet fucking source. Too bad Cap is smack dab in the middle of an arc.

Not to those who are soley watching the Captain America movies.

>It's pretty obvious your western comparison on which you base your whole argument on is even less apt then.

No, because the other movies are making attempt to innovate, Marvel is not.
>>
>>91077362
>This is part of the reason why doing a major crossover event early in their universes history is a bad idea.

The movies should be largely solo films. Maybe one scene with one of the characters in the second movie, but control yourself and don't go too crazy. If it's Spider-Man, have him have an exchange with Daredevil and be done with it. If it's Iron Man, exchange with Cap.

>Maybe they'll understand this better after Infinity Gauntlet 2, if they don't maybe the market will collapse, but it'll rise back up.

Oh, of course it will, I don't think anyone doubts that. But it'll never be as strong, at least not for a /looooong/ time.
>>
>>91077298
Only Civil War of the ones you listed was actually structurally different. GOTG they were fighting over the orb, Ultron the vibranium and Thor the Aether. They all dealt with the villain trying to destroy the world/Xandar and it involved a lot of destruction in a city.
>>
>>91077144
I remember in class when the teacher was pulling up a website and said "SPIDER-MAN 4 ANNOUNCED" and the class audibly groaned after Spider-man 3. Sure, he'll rebound in popularity, but I really do wonder if they can deal with a watered down retelling again. Like, it baffles me how Batman and Spider-Man are so damn popular when the same stories get repeated almost yearly.
>>91077162
Yeah, but that's third world. Until they get accustomed to films, then they start realizing a lot of them are shit.
>>
>>91077739
>Yeah, but that's third world. Until they get accustomed to films, then they start realizing a lot of them are shit.

Third Worlder here, Spidey fans always came from animation.
>>
Just end it
>>
>>91077739
>watered down retelling again.
It only happened twice. And look at Batman, people aren't tired of him. Also, look at the chart here. >>91075194
>>
>>91077773
>Spidey fans always came from animation.

And reliability. Something about the character resonates really well with people.
>>
>>91077773
You know, I think animation is why comics are so popular. The 90's X-men and Spider-Man cartoon seem to dictate the characters for a lot of fans. Hell, Aquaman STILL hasn't escape the image of a 60's Superfriends cartoon!
>>91077806
And I don't get it. If they announced a new Batman film that's just him vs. the Joker, people would still line up. I feel like every Batman joke has been done and somehow people still love them.

I just don't get it. I always thought people craved new things, but they just keep returning the same stuff.
>>
>>91077913
>And I don't get it. If they announced a new Batman film that's just him vs. the Joker, people would still line up. I feel like every Batman joke has been done and somehow people still love them.

Batman is an icon just like Spider-Man and works as a stand along character. Also, like Spider-Man, he's a great character who would could through in a variety of different scenarios and genres and it would still work.

Innovating.
>>
Short of bringing in the x-men or the FF it's tough to see what they could bring in that would be enticing. They already tore through most of their heavy hitters.

I could maybe see a Kamala Khan movie. If they introduce Amadeus Cho in Infinity War they could go for a Totally Awesome Hulk and just completely double down on the freshman class. Peter could take Miles' place on the Champions
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.