[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tfw when someone ends a /co/nversation by saying >Marvel has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Tfw when someone ends a /co/nversation by saying
>Marvel has better heroes
>DC has better villains

How do you feel when someone says this? Is it true?
>>
>>91061414
Whether it's true or not, whenever someone says this it's usually a third party with a limited comic knowledge.

They tend to think this because someone else said it and they like to feel high and mighty being the mediator who doesn't take a side, or because they are coming from the normie mindset of
>Superman is boring
>Joker is cool
>I can't think of any Marvel villains besides Loki or Ultron (because Avengers) and a couple of Spiderman rogues
>>
They both have good points. I prefer DC but Kirby and Ditko made some good stuff.
>>
>>91061414
>characterfags

Always wrong.
>>
>>91061414
Marvel has shitty heroes and shitty villians.
>>
>>91062692
>3 DCents have been deposited to your account
>>
>>91061414
I prefer Marvel, but I like DC's girls more.
>>
File: Jimmy_Olsen_Vol_1_115.jpg (98KB, 480x717px) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy_Olsen_Vol_1_115.jpg
98KB, 480x717px
>>91061414

Marvel is kind of handicapped though, cause Fox keeps shitting rancid feces on Doom, who is easily Marvel's best villain
>>
>>91061414
Both have good heroes and bad ones.

Currently though, DC is leading with its good heroes, and Marvel is, with a few exceptions, treating its best heroes like trash and its pushing its shitty heroes.
>>
>>91061414
no it isn't true

Marvel also has better villains
>>
>>91061414
That's short-sighted, uninformed nonsense. Marvel and DC are both huge and as a whole they're exactly the same.
>>
File: I lead the X-Men.png (453KB, 562x620px) Image search: [Google]
I lead the X-Men.png
453KB, 562x620px
The heroes part is debatable, the villains part is not.

Marvel doesn't have good villains because everytime one of their villains becomes popular, they turn him into an anti-hero or just a good guy.

They did it with Magneto. They did it with Venom. They did it with Galactus. They did it with Doc Ock. They did it with Loki. They did it with Doctor Doom. Hell, even Deadpool started out as a villain, and so did Punisher.

That's why every Marvel event is always "the heroes fight each other for some stupid contrived reason." Because Marvel's villains are all too busy having redemption arcs to create a major event-worthy threat.

DC villains have their problems but at least no one's trying to give the Joker his own title where it suddenly turns out he was a nice guy the whole time.
>>
>>91063757
That is dumb.

DC did it with Lex. They did it with Bizarro. They did it with Riddler. They did it with Catwoman. They did it with Sinestro. They did it with Black Adam. They did it with Two-Face. They did it with Poison Ivy. They did it with Harley Quinn. They did it with 90% the Rogues. Hell, they're doing it right now with Cheetah (arguably it has happened before), Lobo and Clayface (fucking Clayface).

In fact, the only villains they don't redeem are their dumbest, most unidimensional villains: Darkseid, Joker, Doomsday, etc. Just like Marvel won't do the same to their stupid villains: Apocalypse, Carnage, Mr. Sinister, etc.
>>
>>91064136
Aside from Catwoman and Harley, none of those redemptions were anything but temporary arcs. And Lobo was always an antihero.

Proof is in the pudding: what was the plot of the last major DC event? Oh yeah, the heroes fought a villain. What was the plot of the last 50 Marvel events? Oh yeah, the heroes fought each other.
>>
>>91061414
Well, Marvel’s heroes ARE their villains, so I don’t know.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.