[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they feel the need to make her storyline so depressing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1490235100341.jpg (580KB, 789x1134px) Image search: [Google]
1490235100341.jpg
580KB, 789x1134px
Why did they feel the need to make her storyline so depressing?

Kids don't need to worry about abuse, psychologist and the like. Why subject them to that?
>>
>>91048984
>Kids don't need to worry about abuse, psychologist and the like
Yeah sure buddy.
>>
Because there are kids with shitty lives like hers and they get quietly ignored because of fags like you.
>>
>>91049064
>>91049169
I'm not saying kids like that don't exist, I'm saying that normal are far more numerous and there's no reason to normalize such behavior for them.
>>
>>91049438
>there's no reason to normalize such behavior for them.

What the fuck are you talking about? It exposes the issue and gives kids a way to understand abused kids and gives abused kids someone to relate to, do you know how fucking lonely it is being an abused poor kid? Do you know how fucking horribly isolated you are and separated you are from literally every kid you know? You can't talk about your home life, you can't relate to anyone, you can't do normal kid shit, you can barely make proper friends and you're telling me that this one singular show out of all the shows with happy normal children that shows a kid with a shitty life needed to be changed? Normal kids don't fucking need anyone to relate to because the most painful thing in their life is being told to eat broccoli or brush their teeth.

Fuck that shit, aside from her the only other kid I could think of on mainstream /co/ television is Bart Simpson and Kenny McCormick. Why are you acting like this is a prevalent trope and like it's doing anything but the exact opposite of normalising this shit?
>>
>>91050549
This is a topic for parents and children, not for the TV to teach.
>>
>>91050857
Screw that. Just cutting certain topics off from media because it makes you uncomfortable is a really narrow minded thing to do.
One of the great things about television is that it allows people to explore and make light of topics that would otherwise go unseen or willfully ignored. Just saying parents "should" talk about something doesn't mean they "will" talk about it; and without the context of media bringing up how wrong a situation like this is, some children may never even know it's a thing that should be talked about at all.
>>
>>91048984
Am I the only one who hated how Helga hogged so many of the episodes in the later seasons? Non-Helga episodes were so much better.
>>
>Why should kids learn the harsh realities of life?
Don't ever have kids. You're unfit to raise any.
>>
>>91048984
Maybe because some kids in the real world do have to deal with this stuff, and a character like Helga gives them something to relate to, as well as potentially helping some other kids understand that such situations exist, and to have empathy for those in such situations?

Just a thought.
>>
File: HardDay.jpg (46KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
HardDay.jpg
46KB, 600x549px
Hey Arnold handled a lot of "on a very special episode" shit with a gentle/comedic touch to it. It was a damn good show to see that shit brought up to kids in.
>>
>>91050549
What about being the only normal kid in a country full of abused kids?

That was the case for me and i turned autistic because of it. Never guide a child out if his social context, doesnt matter if your intentions were good or not, you'll be forgotten and well rotten anyways, but it will be him who will be left without no one and unable to find anyone like him anymore.
>>
File: nigga.png (460KB, 565x488px) Image search: [Google]
nigga.png
460KB, 565x488px
>>91050857
Parents don't teach their kids about this shit if it's not relevant to them. Why would upper middle class white people teach their kids about things like child abuse and things like alcoholism in the home when they probably grew up far removed from it themselves? Did your parents sit you down and talk about abusive parents? No one does that unless their kids have an abusive parent and are fortunate enough to have a normal one who took them away from that.
Yeah sure, that's the way things "should" be and maybe that's what most parents "should" do but it's not the way they are or are ever going to be, kids learn way more from the media and outside influence than they ever will from their parents, they have for decades now, and abused kids don't get to do much and need characters like Bart Simpson or Naruto for example to live vicariously through. They need to see people like them succeed and get back at their abusers. And normal kids need to see people like that exist because if it's on a show and it's a character they like they're more likely to sympathise/empathise with them. No parent is going to fucking drive their kid down to the bad street in their suburb to the shitshack on the corner and point out Mr. Johnson's meth lab and talk about how his kids in your class eat dog food and that's why they never come to your birthday parties or whatever the fuck. No one fucking does that.

I'm sorry that the topic makes you that uncomfortable that you feel the need to advocate cutting abused children raised by TVs from one of the small joys in their lives. It must really suck to be you, man.
>>
>>91052723
Why would you watch a show you can't relate to at all anyway?
That doesn't seem like much fun
>>
File: clarissa_cast_clarissa.jpg (32KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
clarissa_cast_clarissa.jpg
32KB, 150x150px
>>91048984
Thought that was Clarissa at first.

Was... was Helga molested?
>>
>>91050857
>kids shouldnt be fed tripe that rots their minds
>kids shouldnt be fed stuff that actually teaches and empathizes
blow up the world
>>
>>91053339
Nah just neglected
>>
>>91052266
The show was and still is pretty unique in how grounded it was. Nothing in it is too outside the realm of possibility, just uncommon.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.