[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Those people that defended TASM1 and TASM2, called Andrew

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

File: amazing spiderman.jpg (212KB, 960x725px) Image search: [Google]
amazing spiderman.jpg
212KB, 960x725px
>Those people that defended TASM1 and TASM2, called Andrew Garfield "the definitive Peter Parker", then instantly turned on the movies and him when SONY handed the rights back to Marvel

Name sadder, more pathetic people.
>>
Tom Holland's face is as stiff as Carrie Fisher's was in TFA.
>>
>>91024814
DCEUfags
>>
>>91024814
>Andrew Garfield "the definitive Peter Parker"

Why on earth would anyone think this in the first place?
>>
>>91024814

>then instantly turned on the movies and him when SONY handed the rights back to Marvel

who the fuck did this? a lot of people hated him from the beginning

I would know because I was one of the people who still think that he was the best spider-man

as much as I love the Raimi movies, in my eyes, Spidey was best depicted in the ASM movies. Now they may have felt too goofy and campy for others but I enjoyed them. Would've loved to see a third movie getting made instead of the shit we are getting

I can't express how much I hated Holland's version of Spider-Man, it's crazy
>>
>>91024814
One, Sony didn't hand the rights back. It's a partnership to make fucking money.

Two, Garfield was fine as Spider-Man. He wasn't a very good Parker, though, and the plots of the movies were terrible.
>>
File: 1305670-84[1].jpg (50KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1305670-84[1].jpg
50KB, 1024x576px
Tobey's Spiderman 2 is still the best spiderman movie.
>>
Steven Universefags
Star Vsfags
Loud Housefags
All of Tumblr
SJWs
/pol/tards
Redditors
PCucks
Meme spewers
Bronies
Weebtards
And so on.
ASM tried doing a Spider-Man 3 and shoved in a bunch of shit without any grounds of establishment.
>>
>>91026486
>and the plots of the movies were terrible

Normies think Logan and Deadpool are in the MCU. Casuals think the Raimi movies are in the MCU. Of course, they also think Darcy Lewis hangs out with Fitzsimmons and they all bring coffee and tea to the Avengers at the mansion, where they all live (including NOW Peter Parker).

I thought Garfield was a good enough Peter. He had script problems, you can say the same thing about Cavill Superman.

He also had studio interference problems but that's really always going to be an issue, it's just a question of how much better the end result is - and in the case of the second movie, it was too much studio interference and not enough good movie.

Gwen Stacy was the right way to differentiate the movies from Rami, but it should not have ended with the Death of GS after so much else was going on in the movie.
>>
>>91024814
ASM2 was lame but I still think the first one was pretty good.
>>
File: 1438745344330.jpg (260KB, 495x720px) Image search: [Google]
1438745344330.jpg
260KB, 495x720px
AMS2 was CRAP

Bad Harry Green Goblin, too much Sinister Six HEY GUYS WE GONNA DO A CINEMATIC UNIVERSE shit being planted left and right, Garfield fumbling scenes with Gwen, stupid parents subplot, Electro was badly written, and for some reason the Rhino was there in a mech suit
>>
I will never forgive them making Peter a Skater fag who figured out his wall crawling by skating in a live version of a level in one of the Tony Hawk games, or the way he had to pull his mask off in the middle of his school.
>>
>>91024814
I've never seen the second one, but the first one was great. Actually had a spider-man that acted like spider-man for once, and him and gwen stacy had a good dynamic. I heard the second one with electro was really bad, but I wouldn't know.
>>
>>91025285
because they don't read comics
>>
>>91025308
Doug Walker, for one.
>>
JUST
>>
File: 1459513989325.png (360KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1459513989325.png
360KB, 500x500px
>>91024814
I liked the beginning parts of ASM2 where he swings through NY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfV-0Yv5vNY
>>
>>91029326
probably the only decent part of both movies
>>
>>91024814
I'm only cautiously optimistic about homecoming and even that was only because of that "trailer" they had in the middle of CW before that i had zero faith because they've been sitting on the TV rights since the end of spectacular and all they did was that USM cartoon.

>inb4 everything is separate
doing nothing with your flagship character beyond a medicore cartoon doesn't really inspire confidence regardless. we could've had a TV series or netflix series as a test bed for a MCU spiderman movie

>>91027686
ASM2 isn't as bad as people say it was but it ultimately runs into the same problems as SM3 by having too many villains

if they had it with just electro and saved the goblin & gwen's death for it's own movie i felt it would've been better.
>>
>>91024814
I wished that you would be honest
>>
>>91025308
I really loved how they took anything sympathetic about Curt Connors and just made him an evil scientist from the get go who wanted to be a Lizard and turn the world into lizards. I feel things like his wife and son, and being Peter's friend and teacher always weighed him down as a villain.
>>
>>91029702
the video game for ASM brought that all back via spidey's interactions with him
>>
>>91024814
The video game based on ASM2 is underrated
>>
>>91029888
>moon swinging

fuck no
>>
>>91029888
it's perfectly rated where it is. The first one was better
>>
Tobey is the only correct choice.
>>
>>91024814
Toby was a better Pete, Andrew was a better Spidey we'll see how Tom is after his movie
>>
Tobey and Andrew were alright. Holland however is a complete fucking failure as Spider-Man. Holy shit, who the fuck thought he'd make a good Spider-Man? Holland looks like he hangs out at Chuck E. Cheese's
>>
>>91031180
Tom is shit, Civil War and the trailers already proved that.

He should just fuck of back to Myspace.
>>
>>91024814

I defended TASM1, not 2, and never said this. I thought Garfield was less flat than Tobey though.

I didn't want to see TASM2 as canon in the MCU, it was fucking awful
>>
>>91029888
>>91031018
>>91031100
friendly reminder that other than the webswinging every sandbox spiderman game is the same game with different graphics & different city layout

also ASM2 only had moon swinging for certain missions in the game
>>
>>91032145
>also ASM2 only had moon swinging for certain missions in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8kzB8EFBi8
>>
>>91031343
So should you.
>>
>>91031018
It's called hyphen swinging
>>
I really liked Garfield in the role and think it's a shame it was for a better movie.
>>
>>91029888
Flawed but serviceable. Like pretty much every worthwhile Spidey game really. People are just get really hung up on the floating anchor points. Spider-Man games in general are really nothing special and are pretty much the same fucking thing every single time. I prefered the straight-forwward beat-em-up approach because websinging gets boring after like 90 fucking games of it all being the same thing in the same city with updated graphics.

Between the ASM games, 2's presentation was a step up and it did actually look the coolest in motion when zipping through the city more than in any other open-world game. However 1 probably provided me with more entertainment just because it was more fun to find bugs in it.
>>
File: The Amazing Spider-Man 2099.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
The Amazing Spider-Man 2099.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>91033423
>>
File: The Amazing Spider-Thighs.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
The Amazing Spider-Thighs.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>
>>91025308
>a lot of people hated him from the beginning
People only started hating him after ASM2 came out, then they started lying about how long they hated him (even though his performance was just fine). The fact that you always had shit taste doesn't excuse you from believing that fairweather bullshit.
>>
>>91033728
You're full of shit. Don't project your shitty taste onto others. Lots of people disliked Garfield from the get go.
>>
>>91034215
>>91033728
Frankly, it was a divisive casting decision. I recall the reactions being fairly strong on both ends with little in between.
>>
>>91029326
This.
Literally the only good parts to come out of the ASM-verse movies.
>>
>>91033423
this basically.

of the ones i played USM & ASM2 were probably the best of the sandbox games. all SM2 had was the swinging mechanics but if you took that away it's virtually every other sandbox spidey game but uglier.

i'm kinda sad activision dropped the idea of licensed games with platinum because i would've loved to see them do a spiderman game
>>
File: 1322902558376.jpg (97KB, 418x384px) Image search: [Google]
1322902558376.jpg
97KB, 418x384px
>>91024814

I don't believe that many people were actually saying that garfield was the deinitive peter parker.
Was he the definiteive spider-man? Absolutely. Tobey mcguire's spider-man didn't hold a candle to it. the new guy's is decent.
>>
>>91031180
Honestly, I really loved his take on Spidey in Civil War. His bants felt a lot more off-the-cuff, whereas Garfield felt more scripted. I think a big problem was the inflection; Garfield always had this mumbly, downward thing going on whereas Holland really retains that youthful energy that works just great for a fresh, highschool age Peter.
>>
>>91033624
UGGGH, THICKERRR!
>>
>>91034320
This.
Personally, I liked his characterization more than his performance. Garfield mumbled way too much and always sounded sleepy. It was the same problem Toby had, but at least his voice had kind of a higher inflection to it.
>>
>>91024814
Marvel fags are the worst type of fags
>>
>>91029702
There were deleted scenes covering that.
>>
>>91034757

Agreed. The problem was that Garfield's spiderman was great, but his Parker was still essentially spiderman
>>
My main problem with MCU Spidey is his closeness to Stark, and the tacticool suit that was so close to being perfect.

But the seemingly effortless quipping in Civil War puts the previous movies to shame.
>>
Why does /co/ only like things RT says is good?
>>
>>91026563
And the best Spiderman game too.
>>
>>91034861
Garfield would have been fine imo if he was in a better movie.

First movie felt like it was rushed. Second was a shit show.

Also as far as Spidey casting, anyone watch Iron Fist and feel like the Meachems were a wasted near perfect cast for the Osborns? Guy that played Harold in particular.
>>
>>91035023
because it's the ultimate indicator of quality

>>91024814
>Name sadder, more pathetic people.
>>91020122
>>
>>91024869
Don't worry, I'm sure Tom's more expressive now. As for Carrie Fisher, her face is getting stiffer by the day
>>
>>91035618
by that logic the new ghostbusters should've been amazing
>>
>>91024814
I was baffled by how many people defended ASM1. It was horrible. Skipped ASM2.
>>
>>91035879
no it should've been GOOD which it was
>>
>>91024814
I fucking didn't. I'm still reeling from how poorly received ASM2 was, despite being the most comic-accurate depiction of Spidey to date, and the final scene with him facing down Rhino gives me a web-boner every time. Very sad they're not continuing this version.
>>
>>91035959
Go to bed Webb.
>>
>>91024814
ASM2 has the best spidey costume
>>
File: peter-parker[1].jpg (18KB, 408x306px) Image search: [Google]
peter-parker[1].jpg
18KB, 408x306px
>>91035959
It was a bad movie, almost unwatchable is the problem. Lore wasn't comic breaking. Costume was great. Casting was good. Effects were ok. Movie was bad though.

Obviously this is an opinion.
>>
>>91035526
>Wenham as Osborn

got me thinking
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.