[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished this. The atmosphere...the themes...so comfy and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 960.jpg (55KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
55KB, 960x540px
Just finished this.
The atmosphere...the themes...so comfy and eerie.

I kind of feel like I didn't really understand half of it, all the underlying themes.
Were they in limbo? What happens to the people living there? Who is The Beast? What happens when you become a tree?
>>
will cartoons ever reach this peak again?
>>
>>91017480
>Were they in limbo?
I dislike how people always think a series is happening after dying, it is what it is.
>What happens to the people living there?
They go on living in peace now that The Beast is gone.
>Who is The Beast?
He's sinply that, a beast, there isn't anything more to be gleaned from it.
>What happens when you become a tree?
You probably "die"(and by that I mean you literally are a tree now, so technically you're alive but your conscious and spirit isn't)
>>
>>91017480
>calarts
>>
>>91018526
>I dislike how people always think a series is happening after dying, it is what it is.
They were literally drowning in a river as the series was happening.
>>
>>91018601
>the character designs are the only thing that matters for show to be actually good in my garbage taste

Never understood the meme. Never will.
>>
>>91017480
>Were they in limbo?
Hard to say what the exact nature of The Unknown is. They certainly got there during a near-death experience, but I don't think it's the same as limbo. I think it's the place where things go when they're forgotten. And I think that includes both real people and fictional stories (which is why there were sentient animals and story archetypes at the inn). It's like what they say at the beginning of "Tome of the Unknown" (although that's probably not canon with the min-series).

Have you seen the pilot, "Tome of the Unknown"? It's on YouTube but with some ugly interlacing artifacts. I might be able to find a download if you want it.
>>
>>91018664
It's an anger/jealously thing. Anon gets mad that people with a professional educations make more successful cartoons.
>>
File: the-inferno-canto-13 dore.jpg (1MB, 2249x1771px) Image search: [Google]
the-inferno-canto-13 dore.jpg
1MB, 2249x1771px
>>91017480
>What happens when you become a tree?

Then you're a tree. I suggest reading Dante's Inferno for the chapter on suicidal people turning into trees.
>>
>>91017480
>Adventure Time creator
>Good
No.
>Anon you're ignorant
He cannot change his style, and his default style is "lol spouting dumb words is funny. Lol I'm retarded. Lol 1 sane character in an ocean of idiots".

>I'm the highway man
Ok you're the highway man, can we please move on?
>I'm the highway man, listen to my song.
Oh god, these one-offs are more annoying than the little brother.
>>
File: 1489538792387.jpg (62KB, 252x291px) Image search: [Google]
1489538792387.jpg
62KB, 252x291px
>>91022092
greg is the No.1 fella

take that back
>>
File: highwayman.webm (2MB, 1500x842px) Image search: [Google]
highwayman.webm
2MB, 1500x842px
>>91022092
Did Pen Ward write more than just that one episode?

Pat McHale was the showrunner.
>>
It really could have used twice or even three times the amount of episodes.

Not much was explored or explained and the episodes were so unconnected.

The little brother was just unfunny and bad comic relief.

I wanted to like this more, still cool ideas in there.
>>
>>91022092
>>91022506
>the child in my heart is dead
>>
>>91022092
M8 are you arguing with yourself?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.