[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /co/ overreact that Jack recently killed a human? Looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 21

File: bar scene.png (904KB, 872x637px) Image search: [Google]
bar scene.png
904KB, 872x637px
Why does /co/ overreact that Jack recently killed a human? Looking back on it, he was never above killing anyone that attacked him first on the spot.
>>
Anyone Jack "killed" was either a robot or just knocked out.
>>
>>91016042
Is that the eight pointed star of chaos above him!?
>>
>>91016058
>knocked out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5xvXwnUw3I

> """"""""""""""""""" Knocked Out """""""""""""""""""
>>
>>91016058
plenty of jack's foes look humanoid with cybernetic implants
>>
>>91016042
I don't see a single human besides Jack in your image, Op.
>>
File: 1441263794883.jpg (21KB, 180x240px) Image search: [Google]
1441263794883.jpg
21KB, 180x240px
Genndy is just trying in a clever way to address the fact that Jack never technically killed anyone.

I miss old Jack.
>>
>>91016086
They're still whole, so you could assume they're injured and not ded
>>
>Samurai "a still-alive viking is not to my liking" Jack
>Samurai "six feet down under" Jack
>Samurai "dice the dandy" Jack
>Samurai "and the cats in the coffin and the silver spoon" Jack
>Samurai "bomb the Russians! (Like A Boss!)" Jack
>Samurai "leaf me the hell alone" Jack
>>
File: 1490421230639.png (375KB, 401x401px) Image search: [Google]
1490421230639.png
375KB, 401x401px
>>91016116

I am no doctor but I am pretty sure that if someone slices you with a blade so bad that you actually lose consciousness you might not make it out "in one piece".

Plus that Russian guy isn't whole anymore with all these grenades

You are reasoning like a 4kids censor, it's not because there's no blood or no limbs detached that they are necessarily "okay" or just "knocked out"
>>
>>91016165
Russian guy is shown as whole.
It's not really 4kids censorship since there's actual One Piece that shows all the grisly detail also nobody dies in One Piece despite all the bodily harm
They're alive, Jack didn't mortally wound them. Deal with it and accept he narrative they're pushing already.
Gennedy wasn't able to show Jack kill someone for 5 years now he's enjoying playing with the concept for once.
>>
>>91016165
The blade cannot harm innocents.

I'm sure that it can cause harm but not kill someone in the moral grey area of being forced to do such terrible things if it is their only option.
>>
>>91016248
>nobody dies in one piece

LIAR
>>
>>91016275
Okay, people RARELY die in One Piece.
>>
>>91016165
>Plus that Russian guy isn't whole anymore with all these grenades
Show me the part of the episode where he's missing a limb. Everything else is just headcanon.
>>
>>91016248
It's still bullshit and detracts from previous episodes/retains them out of existence.
>>
>>91016419
>retcons.
>>
>>91016419
Nope, as a kid I wasn't a dumb fuck like you and knew that they wouldn't show death in a kiddie cartoon so I never cared.
>>
>>91016443
>Jack and the Lava Monster was literally about Jack killing a human.
>Not knowing shows like Swat Kats or Courage that offed no names without a care.
>Ignoring that DBZ was aired back then.

Just cause you love Genndys dick so much doesn't mean you can just lie about the circumstances.
>>
>>91016042
Not this shit again, keep your autism to yourself faggot.
>>
>>91016165
>It was like one clean chunk!
>>
>>91016266
>The blade cannot harm innocents.
Yes it can.
>>
For fuck's sake

It was rating Y7 for 4 seasons, and Jack was until very recently a very obviously squeeky clean hero. He didn't kill anyone flesh and blood until now. No, the bounty hunters getting the shit kicked out of them does not count as murder- yes, they would be dead if it wasn't a cartoon. But it is.

You can give this series credit for depth in certain things but the first 4 seasons are very obviously black and white with Jack being 100% a Good Guy.

So lick a dick, I guess
>>
>>91016165
Nigga, it's a CARTOON. Cartoon swords can be lethal or nonlethal whenever the show wants them to.
>>
>>91016266
>The blade cannot harm innocents.

I dunno man, in that episode with the rave he drew a sword and was about to go Full Skywalker, but someone yelled "Stop! They're children!" and he switched to fists.
>>
>>91017093
>>91016642
Aku stole the sword once and tried to stab Jack with it, only for it to bounce off his skin. The same might have happened if he tried to cut the raver kids with it.
>>
>>91017188
>might have
>>
>>91016479
Back in my day and in my country DBZ aired on a different channel and I have no fucking idea what the other two cartoon are.

But leave it to ameritards to think everyone watched the same network. You can pretend it's a retcon all you want tho, it's your headcanon after all.
>>
>>91016086
Remeber - no blood.
>>
>>91017188
You're a retard and the same fucking thing has been said in thoses threads a dozen time.

Go rewatch the fucking moment on Youtube when Jack talks about the sword and shut your mouth.
>>
>That's it Jack, pull my hair and call me AKUUUUUU
>>
Because even if he's killed before there's a difference between consciously deciding that killing a bad guy is the best course of action and discovering you've accidentally murdered a young girl because you thought it was just some robot.
>>
>>91017291
I think his shock is less about the fact he'd killed an adversary and more that it was a young girl who he probably figured was brainwashed or something (ala the ravers). If he had to, he would probably have killed a bounty hunter or two when necessary without too much of a moral dilema. Whether the sword would have cut the ravers, or even the daughter of Aku is another matter, but I'd imagine Jack would have been pretty upset if he'd murdered the ravers before he was told they were just kids.
>>
>>91017236
https://youtu.be/DtTQ-8npkWY?t=2m17s

Hard to tell where the definition lies. He had no problem cutting up a robot when he was infected with evil that one time. Brainwashed teenagers probably count though.

>>91017260
Does Baby need to take a nap?
>>
>>91016165
Don't give them ideas to bring S.J to 4Kids.
>>
>>91016165
He wasn't sliced he was hit with the back of the blade.
>>
>>91016042
S.J was made a while ago so of course we would forget. It just wasn't common for him to kill humans since we're used to seeing him destroy robots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBYXv97FuAY&t=3s
>>
>>91017382
Nothing indicates that those guys were killed, though. He fucked their shit up, but that's as far as we know. Seriously don't get why people keep assuming they must have died just because the show was tiptoeing around most violence with the robots. We've already seen how gritty season 5 is, it's not like Genndy was striving for Battle Royale levels of ultra gore and just unable to because of the Y-7 rating.
>>
>>91016165
boris is exceptionally tough. he probably pulled that "let enemy break their weapon on my belly and then pound them into the dirt" plan several times.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaM49WDG5tw
>>
>>91017188
sword can't be used by evil =/= sword can't harm innocents
>>
>>91017463
Whatever you say.
>>
>>91017253
So you're not even American, yet you claim to know what was and wasn't allowed for an American show back then? Shut your dumbass up.
>>
>>91016479
Except the man was barely human anymore. He had been imprisoned in the crystal for ages, and spent much of that time willing his consciousness beyond its confines to build a new body. Jack killing him was freeing a trapped spirit, not killing a completely normal human.

But please, keep screaming retcon because you people can't handle the word of the fucking creator over your own opinions.
>>
>>91017409
Because

- Jack never says he doesn't kill humans.
- Jack does things that could kill humans.

The man once hit a woman in the face with a shovel to knock her off a moving train in the mountains. Mira the bounty hunter warns the rest that their plans would be less them to their deaths. He has no reputation for mercy.
>>
>>91017557
He literally turns back into a human when he dies you stupid fuck.
>>
>>91017521
>Network had a no-kill rule
>Network shows Samurai Jack every morning
>Somehow I do the thing you're incapable of and put two and two together

Wow
>>
>>91017570
when he turns back into a human he dies because of his mortal age, not the fight
>>
>>91017588
>Network had a no kill rule
*citation needed*

They had a no gore rule moron.

>>91017589
>He dies from old age.
>Ignoring that his rapid aging was caused by losing the fight.
>Ignoring that his death was what Jack and the Norse guy wanted.
>>
>>91016042
I don't know what any of this shit is about but Jack is a samurai. The only reason he only killed robots is because that's all they were allowed to show. Apparently they don't need to bullshit around that anymore? More power to them.
>>
>>91017679
>>Ignoring that his rapid aging was caused by losing the fight.
losing the fight broke the curse and turned him back into a human, considering he probably was over hundred years at that point that's why he died
>>
>>91017558
Yea? And Genndy said this new season would see Jack killing his first human, therefore confirming Jack never killed anyone before.

>>91017570
Because the curse on him was broken, retard.
>>
>>91017775
Yeah. And this all happened thanks to Jack. He caused him to die. He killed him.
>b-but he died of old age!
Yeah and fatally stabbed people die of blood loss and internal injuries. Who caused it to happen? Could it be the guy who stabbed them?
>>91017801
Genndy admitted he forgot these episodes dumbass. Stop sucking his dick.
>>
>>91016042
Boy their innards sure look spilled all over the floor. Oh wait, they're perfectly fine.
>>
>>91018629
>Hurr durr no blood so they fine.
Yeah. The Emperor's army clearly survives the forest and were just hiding when he faced Aku alone.
>>
>>91019050
They could be.
>>
>>91018629
> they're perfectly fine

they're fucking dead man. Did you also forget this was the episode where Jack was most bloodthirsty and angry in the series? He was absolutely livid when they harassed him about a bounty.
>>
>>91016042
More than anything I'm dumbfounded that there are people like OP that believe that Jack would kill people on a kid's show on a children's network.
>>
>>91016042
Most of the time he "knocked out" people because censoring.

Also he constantly killed sentient Robots that could walk,talk and show feelings.

A lot of people died in the Show, at least offscreen.
>>
>>91019846
>at least offscreen
>this autism again
God DAMN
>>
>>91019907
Talking about his dad in Episode 1 or the people and animals drowning in the black goo in Akus origin story.

The Show was always darker and more adult than other stuff on nick.
>>
>>91017409
M8 he went through them like a knife through butter.

Even if the abo and the dandy somehow survived there's no way the ruskie did
>>
>>91020024
The Ruskie was a big guy and in tact
>>
>>91016248
>also nobody dies in One Piece despite all the bodily harm
Asianfistingyoungerasian.mov
>>
What if Genndy lied?
>>
>>91016069

Aku is a Tzeentchian Daemon ?
>>
>>91017463
Actually both. "It can only be used for good. In the hands of evil it can never harm an innocent."
>>
>>91020204
Well, he had to, in the days S.J. was airing you couldn't show death in an Christian cartoon.
>>
>>91020204
>Genndy lied
>people died
I hope this is what you were going for. Otherwise I chuckled for nothing
>>
>>91018577
He didn't stab him you autist, he busted the crystal.
Just go back to Steven Universe if it's too complex to understand.
>>
>>91017188
Jack sliced an innocent robot in half while he was infected with Aku's cold. All the robot did was accidentally bump into him while in the middle of a marketplace.
>>
>>91022771
You didn't see the contents of his hard drive. That Robot was the most evil being on Earth bar Aku.
>>
>>91016165
It's a fucking cartoon your moron that aired on a network for fucking kids. They're just knocked out, and no matter what bullshit you pull out of your rectum, it doesn't change the fact that Jack killed no human in the original series.
>>
NO MONEY FOR YOU, CRAZY ROUND MAN
>>
File: People Jack Killed.png (613KB, 825x590px) Image search: [Google]
People Jack Killed.png
613KB, 825x590px
>>91016058
>>
>it was a kids show so no one died
This is retarded. The stipulation is not that no one dies but no one appears to die to the mind of a child.
>>
>>91023079
Top left and bottom right aren't fucking people
bottom left died because of his own mortality
and top right aren't confirmed killed
>>
>>91023111
The alien is a person, just not a human. He's as much a person as the emoji doggirls.
>>
>>91023155
You know what I mean. He isn't human.

And people wanna argue about how logically, the bounty hunters would be dead. This show isn't exactly the most logical thing ever made. Jack has gotten his ass worse than they did. He should have been dead numerous times, but because of plot armor, he survived.
>>
File: 1474296347029.png (491KB, 500x736px) Image search: [Google]
1474296347029.png
491KB, 500x736px
>>91016275
>>
>>91023155
>>91023224
Crap, I'm an idiot. I just realized you were responding to someone in your original post. I thought your post was just in general. My mistake.
>>
>>91023224
I can accept the bounty hunters being alive even though Jack slices through the guy's chest, sure. That's fine. But the original Jack clearly didn't mind killing people. There's the Wild West episode that ends with him throwing the two bounty hunters off a train into a ravine, and yes they survive, but Jack didn't know it and did nothing to make that happen. As far as he knew he was throwing a normal human lady and a big doofus a thousand feet to the grounds.
>>
>>91023280
Jack knew
But really we know the meta reasons. Jack "didn't care" because there was no point to it. Jack couldn't kill no reason to dwell on it. Now Jack CAN kill so they can actually explore the affect it has on him. It's for Jack as much as it is for the writers. Also if it helps you, Jack is having a prolonged breakdown anyways and is full of self doubt. So before he wouldn't care because he felt infallibly righteous in nearly killing those people. Now he feels like a shit so he'll probably get a ghost party shitting on him for killing their waifu.
>>
>>91019316
Dead men don't wince.
>>
>>91016086
merely prentending
>>
>>91016165
as a pretty well studied weeaboo, can tell you there are dozens of places in the body where if sliced properly, the person will lose consciousness almost instantly due to drop in blood pressure, but not die
>>
>>91016042

So many of the robots he's killed have been sentient as fuck that they might as well be human. Have no idea why "HE DOESNT KILLL!!!!" Fags are having a fit about.
>>
>>91024556
Half is a meme and half is just being autistic and taking Genndy too literally.
>>
I'm glad Jack is popular again but I'm already tired of the autists it's attracted around here. Genndy says he hasn't killed a human. Are you really gonna get a stick up your ass about it just because you thought he did based on an inconclusive scene from one episode? Is that really enough to ruin the season when it wasn't confirmed or focused on either way? Just take Genndy's word and roll with it for fuck's sake.
>>
>>91020119
Remember the Scotsman episode? They survive several point blank explosions not unlike what happened to Boris.

You're not supposed to take this shit so fucking seriously.
>>
>>91020143
>pell bomb
>>
>>91016042
because is something new
>>
>>91025485
His words literally retcon an episode out of existence and make his behavior in other episodes irreconcilable with this "no kill humans" shit that according to some artists here is the natural way to interpret Jack.

This shit is bad because it was unneccesary.
>>
>>91029233
All Jack said is "They're just nuts and bolts" and acted shocked when a pretty human girl died. You are flipping the fuck out over nothing.
>>
>>91016042
rape=/=murder=/= knocking someone out
>>
>>91016042

They didn't overreact about that

They overreacted about how God tier that tomb scene was
>>
>>91017486
And don't you forget it, slut.
>>
>>91017463
>attempting to harm innocents isn't evil
>>
>>91016248
>>91016275

People are only allowed to die in One Piece if it's a flashback, every single crew member had this happen

The only exceptions is White Beard and Ace
>>
>>91029619
There was another example of someone actually dying in the last issue, actually. Dude took a bullet to the forehead and he was just a random nobody. The old rules are slipping.
>>
>>91029636

You talking about the recent one?

Because he was hit with a jellybean

Dudes not dead

Also Pekums was confirmed alive so that other guy who got shot by Capone is possibly still alive as well

But your right

Also since I'm talking about
REMINDER
At this point it's %100 confirmed that Jinbe will join the crew if he survives the Big Mom Tea Party
>It's not a matter of IF, it's a matter of WHEN
>>
>>91018577
>Genndy admitted he forgot these episodes dumbass

[citation needed]
And it ain't dick sucking to point out these episodes never confirmed deaths, you stupid fucking nigger.
>>
>>91029398
Genndy literally told the media of Jack crossing a line by killing his first human. Tonight could prove either of us right, but Genndy isnt helping his case.
>>
>>91029233
>His words literally retcon an episode out of existence

No they fucking don't. Christ alive, how can you autists be this dumb about a CARTOON?
>>
>>91030707
If Genndy says Jack hasn't killed a human before, then he didn't. We only see a bunch of people laying on the ground prior to this.

Is it really so hard to just swallow that as canon?
>>
>>91029761
Well, there was that guy in the Baroque Works arc that literally got capped before the Marines find his body.

And if one wants to argue filler canon, Nami killed that guy who snuck onto the ship as they entered the Grand Line by knocking into waters he wouldn't have survived in even without devil fruit weakness.
>>
>>91029619
>forgetting when big mom killed her son during a rampage
>>
>>91030707
How is it not helping his case? Nothing in the past confirmed Jack killed a human. No, the Bounty Hunters were PRESUMED killed by fans, with Genndy's statement confirming now they were alive. The warrior doesn't quite count because he was practically melded with the crystal and stone that became his "body", and obviously aliens and robots don't count no matter how much logical bullshit we pull with what's "humanlike".
>>
I like to believe he was more shocked about the fact that he actually killed a teenage girl than the kill itself.
>>
>>91016086
>>91016165
>>91016809
>what is the side/back of a sword
>>
>>91031261
And a CARTOON sword for that fucking matter.
>>
>>91030734
Claiming they dont doesnt mean you are right. All your retarded attempts to say Jack didnt kill the Norse guy do not mean anything.
>>91030783
Yeah. Genndy's word is god. Which means Jack's actions in certain episodes go full retard and others dont even happen anymore.
>>91030862
>Died in human form.
>doesnt count.
>>
>>91030644
Citation
>>http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/10/14881920/samurai-jack-season-five-genndy-tartakovsky-cartoon-network-adult-swim
>>
>>91032078
He died of the rapid age, retard. It's not the same thing as outright murdering someone. But please, keep acting like a sperg because your precious fucking headcannon has been shattered by Genndy saying Jack never killed a human before.
>>
File: Edna Mode.jpg (11KB, 300x300px)
Edna Mode.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
>>91032123
>"But maybe, they didn't die."

Hmmm? So maybe they fucking didn't. Whodathunk?
>>
>>91030937
Am I the only one that thought Jack barely looked effected at all. Like mild surprise but not really slacken. Maybe the next episode will go more into if at all.
>>
You know, for a board about comics, which are so fucking generous with their retcons, and reboots, you'd figure /co/ would be more able to accept that they just Word of God-ed Jack into not killing anyone.
>>
>>91032862
He seemed pretty surprised, just not like in anime where it takes 2 fucking episodes for the character to contemplate their action and mope about it internally. His look was like "Oh... oh shit." then he realized he couldn't dwell it as the others were likely not going to stop on their dead sister's behalf and he was going to most certainly be killed if he didn't finally get some distance.
>>
I wish Genndy never brought up this first kill thing. He's shit at continuity and is only causing redundant arguments. In universe Jack isn't that upset.
>>91030937
This.
>>
>>91032926
Or just accept that they were mistaken and that there wasn't any retcon of the sort.
>>
>>91016042
he could of turned them into tofu squares, like he does to every other Akubot. But they aren't in tofu squares. Or is there the slightest hint of them being hurt. So that means they probably aren't dead
>>
>>91032974
His continuity has just been fine.
>>
>>91033039
They fucking said he didn't kill anyone. They word of God-d it. If he killed someone in the original show, who the fuck cares. It's not canon anymore.
>>
>>91033076
They said he didn't kill any humans, not that he never killed anyone. Christ alive, the Bounty Hunters episode was the only one where he fought normal humans who weren't magically/mechanically augmented, and it was never 100% if he actually killed them. Nothing was word of god out of continuity, it's been merely confirmed that all concerns about those guys have been put to rest.
>>
File: 1489731118452.png (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489731118452.png
75KB, 800x600px
The reason why this is causing such a shitstorm is not because jack never killed a human before,its the fact the it affects him differently than killing a robot or alien.
Throughout the entire original series jack has treated everyone equal, robots, aliens or humans it didnt matter to him. jack has risked is life to save everyone regardless of who they are. It makes no sense that jack value human life more than the life of others and killing one affects him as such.
>>
>>91032783

>>Some of those bounty hunters were definitely alien-like. But maybe they’re right! [Laughs] In my head, they were robots. I’d have to look at that episode again. I remember the episode, but I think they were mostly aliens.

Read more than what you want to read dummy.
>>
>>91033691
Except most of what he killed were unthinking creatures. They were mindless and thus there wasn't any point to be bothered by it. If this daughter is the human Genndy has been going on about, it's understandable that Jack would be upset because he took the life of someone who obviously fell to the corruptions of Aku's influence; a life that could have been peaceful and better spent if things had been different. Hell, if he learns about the cult, he'll probably be more appalled because they made the daughters into killing machines for a master who doesn't even know they exist.
>>
>>91033968
I did, and nothing about it indicates he changed them. He said SOME of them were alien-like, while a few others were likely robots. He didn't say, "Oh but those human ones? Yea, they were robots."

It's astounding how much you people want to twist his words to sound like he changed something that was 100% clear like who trained Jack and where. You really want to talk retcons? Then how about the fact that Jack's father mentions three MONKS who helped forged the sword, then it turns out to be fucking Odin, Ra, and Vishnu? That is a retcon because it actually changes something fully established.
>>
File: 1490144860060.png (539KB, 1664x1588px) Image search: [Google]
1490144860060.png
539KB, 1664x1588px
>>91016101

He'll be back anon. When you hit rock bottom, the only way is up.
>>
>>91032783
>>91033968

you both are pointing out passages where he's saying no human deaths were confirmed, so I'm not sure why you're arguing?
>>
>>91034179
Have wonder if he'll shave the beard off and go back to the oldschool look for the finale. The Guardian's portal showed him all bearded up and whatnot, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jack went back to his iconic look for the final showdown after he retrieves the sword and his purpose in life.
>>
>>91034135
>In my head they were robots.
>I think they were mostly aliens.

> Only 2 of them were alien in appearance.

Again, read more than what you want to read. Genndy confirmed he barely remembers the episode. Hence saying he needs to watch it again.
>>
>>91016165

>HE REALLY KILLED THEM, LIKE, SUPER HARD, YOU GUYS. THE BOMBS WENT BADABOOM AND STUFF

It was a cartoon for kids. And the mood of the episode never gave the idea that they died. They just laid down unconscious. Even Boris who had 0 scratches.

Stop trying to scream "retcon" out of something that never happened. It's fucking so fucking weird that this is the ONE thing that people won't stop arguing about now that the series went Adult Swim and shown Jack killing for the first time.
>>
>>91034239
Because for some reason people want to be right about the bounty hunters even though it was never crystal about their fates before. All Genndy has done is just confirm no humans perished to Jack.

As for the Viking dude, Jack destroyed his crystalline prison, and the man succumbed to the ravages of time that had been held at bay because of Aku's magic. He never directly pierced the man himself.
>>
>>91034297
I did read it all, dipshit. And nothing about it says he changed them. He even said there were some humans, then says "Maybe they didn't die."

If anyone's reading things to sound like the way they want it to sound, it's you with this "But he said he kind of forgot, so he's retconning it!" which is in no indicated by his comments.
>>
>>91034323
Let's not forget that Jack also beat them in the split second for a drop of water to condense at the tip of an icicle and fall to the ground, a feat that is only possible in a cartoon.
>>
File: 1486469897586.gif (685KB, 495x378px) Image search: [Google]
1486469897586.gif
685KB, 495x378px
>>91034243

Dude. He'll be sporting his classic look and the intro song will be probably playing or something while he wrecks everybody's shit.
>>
>>91034325
The show has a clear tgings for Jack sparing but striking enemies.

>Jack doesnt use his sword to defeat them.
>If he does, he slashes them nonlethally like disarming them or cutting off parts of their body.
>The defeated show signs of life like noises or movement.

The episode defies all those conventions. Its an episode where death is used instead of destruction.
>>
>>91034492
>It's an extended version of the song that was made back in 2001, but never got to see the light of day because of the cancellation/hiatus
>Features never before heard lyrics and a rap ballad
>>
>>91034376
No you fucking didnt since you're literally denying his own word of not having clear recollection of the episode. For fucks sake he says there are robots in the episode
>>
>>91034523
No, it was being dramatic as part of the fact that he's beating down several people in the time it takes for water to fall. It would have ruined the coolness of his action if we had them all groaning in defeat when the point is to leave the audience stunned at how cool Jack just was.
>>
>>91034572
I fucking did, and did not deny anything. For one, he laughed as he said they were robots, joking about his poor recollection of the episode. Furthermore, he fucking said "MAYBE THEY DIDN'T DIE."

Get it through your fucking skull already, he confirms they didn't die. That isn't a retcon in any sense of the term.
>>
When's the next episode?
>>
>>91034781
Tonight.
>>
>>91034135
The gods take the form of monks when forging the sword though

That implied to me that Jack's dad could not see their true forms
>>
>>91034643
You think the coolness would be ruined by the slightest of movement indicating life or brief groans when the camera is focused on their bodies?
>>91034701
You just acknowledged he poorly remembers that episode and yet you still insist it wasnt a retcon. How much Genndy cock can you drink?

Taking Genndy's words, the fucking episode is about 2 humans surviving while a bunch of alien and robot hunters die.
>>
>>91034967
Yes it would
>>
>>91032078
Jack freed a cursed man from his curse. It doesn't matter if he died afterwards, he was set free. To say he "killed him" is more like a technicality than just murder.
>>
>>91034967
For some, it would. Besides, you don't need moans to confirm survival.

And it's not a retcon because nothing at all confirmed they were fucking dead in the first place.

>how much cock can you drink
Real mature, buddy. Nothing about me agreeing with him about the hunters not dying makes me a cock sucker. How about you just learn to live with the fact that you were mistaken about them dying like an adult?
>>
>>91034967
>You think the coolness would be ruined by the slightest of movement indicating life or brief groans when the camera is focused on their bodies?
Yes, absolutely.
>>
File: Scaramoush.jpg (27KB, 635x320px) Image search: [Google]
Scaramoush.jpg
27KB, 635x320px
>Aku, Baby! How's it hanging, boss? Guess what happened lately? Remember that guy who had a magical sword that could shishkabob you in that nasty way you hated? Jack, that's the guy! He lost the sucker, babe! Not even kidding, he's just standing there, needing a shave! Well, time to scratch him off the bucket list. Ring you soon, boss. Ciao!
>>
>>91034801
When exactly?
>>
>>91035446
Depends on timezone. Look it up.
>>
>>91035446
11pm. Where have you been?
>>
>>91035399
God imagine losing the sword to that mini knife. I think itll eventually happen when jack traps aku there so it dies for good.
>>
>>91035464
>>91035482
11P, but it doesn't state which timezone.
East Coast?
>>
>>91035501
Yep.
>>
/co/ overreacts to anything.

Just see butt shaking scene from SBT and the nipples in that recent Loud House episode.
>>
>>91035538
What nipples?
>>
File: Kimmy booty quaking.png (828KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kimmy booty quaking.png
828KB, 1280x720px
>>91035538
What kind of faggots overreact to something this great?
>>
>>91035501
It's in 1 hr 25 minutes
>>
>>91035628
OK thanks
>>
>>91016042
Genndy confirmed he never killed anyone.
>>
>>91035610
faggots, who are not attracted to women.
>>
File: 1351391215614.jpg (8KB, 285x286px) Image search: [Google]
1351391215614.jpg
8KB, 285x286px
>early staff said Jack killing people was rare since they had to do it in a non-explicit manner
>Genndy himself admitted that he forgot about all the times Jack used lethal force in the original show but also said it's OK with people saying Jack killed people in the past

>/co/ still tries to make up shit to justify their headcanons of Jack never killing anyone

This is just sad.
>>
>>91034875
Still, that can be considered a retcon because nothing before implied Jack's father was merely seeing an illusion. Far as most people were concerned prior to the prequel special, it was monks.

It's kind of like the Master Sword situation in Zelda. Numerous games stated sages or whatever helped create the sword, then Skyward Sword comes along and reveals no sages were involved, and that it wasn't always called the Master Sword.
>>
>>91035591
Two dot's on a topless little girl taking a bath. That's it. I'd post it but /co/ is so crap that you get banned for posting cartoon nipples that were still appropriate for TV-Y7 television.
>>
>>91035709
Nobody is making anything up about him not killing humans, because there were only two episodes where he defeated humans, and neither gave any concrete proof that he did/did not kill them. Genndy's statement is not at all a retcon, but a confirmation about a fact that had been debatable until recently. What's sad is people insisting that it must be a retcon when it clearly isn't so.
>>
File: jaz.jpg (110KB, 381x453px) Image search: [Google]
jaz.jpg
110KB, 381x453px
>saying jack never killed anyone just because no blood was shown
SJfags are the retards of the month.
>>
>>91035786
Isn't the baby topless in the dang opening?
>>
>>91016042
I've got an idea. How about we just fucking watch the episode?

If they explicitly say Jack has never killed humans before, we accept that.

If they explicitly say he's killed humans before, we accept that too.

If they don't say anything, we just go on believing what we fucking believe. Does that sound hard to anyone?
>>
>>91035538
If it's baby nipples that doesn't count.
>>
>>91035873
>>saying jack never killed anyone just because the creator of the show said so

fixed for you
>>
>>91035952
>Does that sound hard to anyone?

given how many people in this thread are saying that the creator of the show is wrong and they are right, yeah... probably...
>>
>>91036084
>the creator of the show is wrong despite being the one who calls the shots
>>
>>91036168
>>91036252
>Death_of_the_Author.jpg
>>
>>91016058
That Viking guy was wound up pretty dead.
>>
>>91036252
>something isn't confirmed
>creator claims something didn't happen
>"BUT I TOTALLY KNOW BETTER THAN THE CREATOR, GUYS!
>>
>>91016058
>knocked out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1byycwl8qgc
>>
>>91036328
Jack shattered his crystal and rock prison, age took care of the rest.
>>
>>91037188
Yeah. Just like when a man gets stabbed normally, blood loss and internal damage take care of the rest
>>
>>91037675
We never saw a wound on the man, or any of the foes people think Jack has killed. Is it really this hard for people to accept that they were wrong about deaths that were never confirmed or denied until now?
>>
File: 1490439194794.gif (335KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1490439194794.gif
335KB, 400x400px
>>91016042
I'm quite happy that Jack finally grew up.
>>
>>91017188

How many fucking times does it have to explained that the only stipulation is that the sword can't be used by evil to harm good? I haven't even watched this show consistently but an anon explained it one time and I understood it. I'm surprised by how fucking dense you people are, why does this have to be constantly re-explained.
>>
>>91038267
It also can't hurt good people even if wielded by good people.
>>
>>91036168
>>91036515

Creator forgot, remembered, and said "woops."
>>
>>91016248
>also nobody dies in One Piece despite all the bodily harm
Explain Ace and White Beard then.
>>
>>91016042
>>
>>91016508
Stream that film
>>
>>91039455
It makes no difference, because what he said still isn't disproven. If something is unlikely, like, say, someone surviving a samurai's sword assault, but someone confirms they did, who are you to argue?

Prove his words wrong with more than just conjecture. But you can't.
>>
>>91016479
Sending him to Valhalla, you mean?

Does it considered killing if for victim death is the blessing?
>>
>ITT
>I'm gonna believe the author here but not there and get mad when things don't line up
>>
>>91038141
Genndy knows how it's done unlike the hacks of the industry.
>>
Is there a google doc with download links or a mega with all the episodes of the new series?
>>
>>91047198
We all thought he'd be finished after sym-bionic Titan and popeye, but based genndy rose from the ashes and truck back!
>>
Jack has killed a lot of supernatural creatures and aliens. I just think he doesn't care if it isn't a human.
>>
>>91047508
Well clearly he did in the latest episode. He never killed a human being, only robots and aliens/monsters. End of fucking story.
>>
File: 1466995091335.webm (2MB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
1466995091335.webm
2MB, 480x368px
>>91035495
>I think itll eventually happen when jack traps aku there so it dies for good.
>aku has something similar to the mini knife and uses it in the climax of the finale
>jack flinches for a second knowing what will happen, and while aku laughs he spends the last seconds finishing the fight before the thing explodes
>>
>>91023079
and the bounty hunters in the good the bad and the beautiful

no way they got out of that alive
>>
Eh they had it coming.
>>
File: first blood.png (514KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
first blood.png
514KB, 1920x1080px
>when he pops up out of the snow after his speech and instantly runs through one of the girls
brutal
>>
>>91045660
>who are you to argue?
Someone who watched the show.
>>
>>91050225
And nothing in the show contradicts what he fucking said.
>>
>>91016042
>>91035952
>>91046850
This got me thinking, and I don't know if I can explain myself in a coherent way.

Is Samurai Jack the only show where its rating was actually part of the in-show universe in any way? Meaning that before this episode, we all speculated that that any downed, non-robot, enemy might be dead. As in, killed by Jack.

I know there's been shows where the get meta about their TV rating, like Animaniacs for example, but I'm asking about the non-cartoony shows.
>>
>>91046826
I wouldn't even say Jack killed him. Jack broke the spell, and age did the rest.
>>
>>91050310
NegaJack literally said they've never killed a human before.
>>
The show said it's the first time he took a human life.
So it's the first time, to his knowledge, that he took a human life.

Don't overthink this. Just go along for the ride.
>>
>>91050892
He took an alien life but not a human life. Humans are pretty damn scarce in the future.
>>
>>91051591
Seems like it.

Which makes the Daughters all the more tragic and their mother's actions all the more heinous.
>>
>>91050771
Which doesn't contradict anything seen before.
>>
>>91050892
So the show confirmed Gennsy's hackery with this "first human Jack never kills" shit. Great. At least Jack didnt hesitate when killing the other daughters.

We better not revisit this shit again.
Thread posts: 211
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.