[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finished reading Sandman and the Dreaming about a week ago...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Colombofuck.jpg (297KB, 600x934px) Image search: [Google]
Colombofuck.jpg
297KB, 600x934px
Finished reading Sandman and the Dreaming about a week ago... and man can i just say it's about the greatest piece of fiction i have ever read.. every thing about the comic made me fall in love with it.. the characters the setting, the plot. I honestly don't think a comics ever made me feel this way
>>
Okay?
>>
>>91008999

Sandman is a comfy read my dude
>>
File: litterallyme.png (788KB, 396x820px) Image search: [Google]
litterallyme.png
788KB, 396x820px
>>91008966
Good job OP, there are many other comics that might make you feel that way too. But Sandman is deff one of the best entry level ones out here. Now read something else!
>>
>>91009220

>Sandman
>Entry Level

Anon just because somethings more popular then you want it to be doesnt somehow make it entry level
>>
>>91008966
If you like action, read Lucifer next. Mike Carey writes a 75 (technically 79) issue run, and the physical trades are pretty affordable
>>
>>91009370

Actually finished reading Lucifer today, is that new series any good?
>>
File: lu2015.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
lu2015.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>91009409
No. It seems to be based on the first series, but with a lot of details wrong. Gabriel is wandering around (despite being dead in the Hellblazer/Sandman/Lucifer bit of continuity), Lucifer wants to kill the Presence, and Sandman spoilers: everyone seems to think that Morpheus still rules the Dreaming

If you liked the original run, you are going to NOT MUH the entire time you read the new one
>>
>>91009345
Don't be so offended, being "entry level" isn't a bad thing.
>>
>>91008966
I actually just finished all of the Sandman stories penned by Neil Gaiman.

Is the Dreaming worth reading?

I intend to read Lucifer and Sandman Mystery Theater. Are any of the other spinoffs/related series worth it?
>>
File: 18794182._SY540_.jpg (71KB, 348x540px) Image search: [Google]
18794182._SY540_.jpg
71KB, 348x540px
I've read volumes 1-9 but never finished The Wake for some reason. It's been years since I read the series and I lost all but The Wake and Overture. Which one should I read first?
>>
>>91009689

about 1/4 way into the series it stops being an Anthology book and stops developing a branching storyline

I liked it and think it's worth a read
>>
>>91009817
The Wake first. Overture is a prequel but is meant to be read after everything else
>>
>>91009817
>>91009869
Overture also benefits from having read Dream's chapter in Endless Nights
>>
>>91008966
so you're saying you're going to read Lucifer by Mike Carey next?
>>
>>91010365

Wow, I forgot I have Endless Nights as well. Awesome, I'll probably read all three tonight.
>>
>>91009409
>is the new series any good

anon, i'm not even going to bother with that shit.

if mike carey was writing it, that'd be something
if it was about the last character that lucifer saw, that'd be something
if it was about mazikeen, elaine and her friend that would also be something

but it isn't
>>
Would you read a sandman series written and drawn by dobson?"
>>
>>91012484
dobson who? be more specific
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.