[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here read Monstress? Is it good? I have the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Has anyone here read Monstress? Is it good? I have the first issue, I just recently read it for the first time and I liked it, I'm considering ordering the rest so I can get caught up.
>>
>>91003783
Can't say personally but I've heard praises about the rest of the volume. If you liked the first issue, you'll probably like the rest.
>>
its pretty gay with ok art
>>
>>91003783
Read the first two issues. Wasn't a fan.
>>
>>91003783
I like it a lot, if you liked the first issue you should read the rest, it doesn't like sharply drop off in quality if that's what you're worried about.
>>
>>91004156
Like /u/ gay or emotions and friendship gay ?
>>
>>91005637
Neither really
>>
The art is beautiful and so are the girls and the setting has some really cool aspects to it, but there's a few things about it I don't like. Admittedly they're mostly personal nitpicks rather than solid flaws but still
>Edgy as fuck: not a single issue where a kid doesn't die
>Evil mean humans vs nice animal people fursecution shit
>Except also most of the animal people are fucking evil too, literally almost fucking everyone's a dick
>Main character is hard to root for: cold and uncaring but also oh so beautiful and great at loads of shit, lacks flaws (the elder god trapped inside her that forces her to do monstrous monstress hurrhurr shit isn't really a character flaw, just something tacked onto the character)
>dude cats xD incredibly jarring in the otherwise GRIM AND GRITTY setting

It's enjoyable but honestly it's like 'babby's first story' that managed to get published due to the nice art.
>>
>>91005941
Explain yo self?
>>
>>91006025
One of the major powers of its world is this witch matriarchy and it can be assumed that a big chunk of them are probably lez, but LGBT themes aren't really addressed and don't have any relevance to the plot. And 'emotions and friendship' is pretty much the opposite of how the main character operates.
>>
>>91003783
I read the first three issues. I liked the setting and the art but none of the characters really stuck out to me. I didn't keep reading because I hate waiting for monthly's so I figured I'd wait for more to come out.

>>91005973
>It's enjoyable but honestly it's like 'babby's first story' that managed to get published due to the nice art.
Ouch. Can't say I disagree with your assessment though, at least based off the first three issues.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.