[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible for Cyborg's stories to escape his endless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 6Xef2p7.jpg (66KB, 400x615px) Image search: [Google]
6Xef2p7.jpg
66KB, 400x615px
Is it possible for Cyborg's stories to escape his endless loop of identity crisis pllotlines? How did his Rebirth series go where they give him every robot villain ever from DC?

I had an idea for a Cyborg story where his human heart stops beating in battle and he doesn't die. He believed his heart was powering him and keeping his humanity but turns out it was an artificial heartbeat and he was programmed not to notice -- but then I realized I was doing the same identity crisis thing

Is that all Cyborg is?
>>
his Rebirth series is actually pretty solid
>>
>>91000953
The newer comics have had less focus on that. They're a bit cheesy, but Victor is actually allowed to have fun sometimes and has other conflicts besides his humanity or his daddy issues.
>>
Capeshit writers are really bad at coming up with cool tech, which means that Cyborg is doomed to be the guy who gets his limbs ripped off to show that the bad guy means business, or he gets hacked to show how smart Batman is.
>>
>91000953
Sometimes I have hope that a good writer will get a chance at Cyborg. He'll give him a decent rogues gallery, have him interact with other big names, and write new stories that flesh him out and make him a compelling character with a strong and interesting supporting cast. I hope that a character with real potential will rise above the crap he's been stuck with for years and become something more.

Then I see Raven do nothing but Trigon for 30 years and that hope dies. DC will shove the same shitty Cyborg identity crisis down your throat until the end of time. And then they'll wonder he isn't more popular.
>>
Is it like this with Robotman?
>>
>>91002425
They're trying to give him his rogues gallery and supporting cast right now. The execution isn't always perfect, but it's more of an effort than in the past.
>>
File: machine or man.jpg (1MB, 1280x1002px) Image search: [Google]
machine or man.jpg
1MB, 1280x1002px
>>91002626
usually but I think Robot Man does it better
>>
>>91000953
>Is it possible for Cyborg's stories to escape his endless loop of identity crisis pllotlines?
I personally think this will forever be part of Cyborg's story. It is part of the back story as well as something to explore. Then again, I like stories about transhumanism.

But you are also right in that it's not all Cyborg has to offer. Current plots of Cyborg are introducing new support like Black Narcissus and that thief kid as well as enemies like that 8-bit bandit coming up. The identity crisis is probably gonna get dug up once in a while
>>
File: CYB_Cv13.jpg (291KB, 784x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CYB_Cv13.jpg
291KB, 784x1200px
>>91002643
Indeed. I'm really enjoying Variant, Exxy and Black Narcissus.

>>91002829
In June Vic and Black Narcissus are gonna be fighting a guy called FyreWyre. He's a ninja with a sword that distorts time and space. And is also from Detroit's underworld like Rat Lord and probably H8-BIT.
>>
>>91002712
It helps that robotman has a way cooler design.
>>
>>91003215
I'm liking that they're finally doing more with Vic's father box and Fourth World in general.
>>
>>91006258
I still want Vic to get a New God rogue of his own and actually go to New Genesis and Apokolips.
>>
>>91002425
Speaking of 30 years of rehashing, did Raven's mini lead to anything interesting?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.