[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Jack just use the time portal and undo Aku's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: jack.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
jack.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
Why didn't Jack just use the time portal and undo Aku's evil? The monks would have never been born, and if they had, the stone warriors would not have been there to kill them in the first place.
>>
>>91000162
Not a day goes by that I don't get pissed thinking about this episode
>>
Because status quo.

Why make a thread for such an obvious question?
>>
>>91000187
Okay. So it's not just me. That's like... a huge plot hole in the story. I get that "the series wasn't ready to end", but how about you keep the series going AND not write a giant hole in the story?
>>
>>91000162

Why didn't he just use the fairy to wish he was transported mentally back into his body a minute before Aku sent him to the future? Then the fairy never would've been trapped and Jack's hand wouldn't be stuck in that orb either.
>>
Come to think of it, you know what else bugs me? In Jack and The Swamp Monster, why didn't he just kill Aku after he morphed into a frog? He was in a seriously weakened state and it would have been so easy to just finish it right there. You mean to tell me that Jack can't catch and kill a frog?
>>
It was never explained how the time travel works. Would he create a new alternative timeline or erase the first one(which would be a dick move)
>>
>>91000380
May be unexplained, but tell me right now that if Jack found a portal and it was wide open, he wouldn't go through it. I don't really think it matters what happens; Jack wants to go through a portal and undo Aku's world.
>>
>>91000380
This. The only true ending is Jack killing Aku in the future, then going back and killing him in the past, saving two timelines.
>>
>>91000338
I mean he was in a swamp maybe his legs were stuck in the mud or something.
>>
File: Integrity.jpg (30KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
Integrity.jpg
30KB, 600x448px
>>91000640
Exactly
>>
>>91000380
>>91000640

Either way, he has to do SOMETHING.

>>91000685

No way. He was jumping and flipping around for the entire fight beforehand. The swamp water didn't suddenly turn into concrete.
>>
>>91000380

This. There is no way of knowing how far back that portal would even go and if it did it could be a separate timeline all together meaning jack just abandoned the monks and that entire universe altogether.
>>
>>91000788
So if this bullshit is to be believed, then why would Jack search for a portal if it leads to randomville?
>>
>>91000162
You have to keep in mind that Samurai are ALL ABOUT "MUH HONOUR".

On his point of view, its like you broke a window, and bought a new one in its place.

You still broke a window, it doesnt execuse you.
>>
>>91000992
Why would any random time portal send him exactly to the moment he needs to be? he never tried to check
>>
>>91000162
It's implied several times that Samurai Jack does not feature your average fictional arbitrary time travel rules.
>>
>>91001053
Pretty sure you're thinking too deeply into a show rated TV-Y7. Generally, children living in the year 2003 are not theorycrafters.
>>
>>91001038
Right, but you're missing the point. He isn't replacing a window. He is letting a window be broken but then doing something to make it so that the window was never broken, and neither was any window ever. He is temporarily sacrificing two people in order to save them and every other person that was shit on by Aku.
>>
>>91000217
It's not a plot hole.

For one, that's part of Jack's character.

For another, no one knows how time travel works in SJ. For all anyone knows this future may stay in place as another alternate future is created.
>>
>>91000162
Pissed by this too.
>>
>>91000162
While it makes sense that he would have just left them to their fate, traveled back and undid everything, the problem is that he was there in the now in that moment, and found that the only actual tie he still had to the world other than Aku was about to be slaughtered. It's a tough pill to swallow, but what if Jack traveling back didn't erase the time line he was stuck in? What if the monks still got beat to death while Jack moved off to a new time line?

I know this is most likely not the case, but think about it from Jack's point of view, they were dying right behind him, he couldn't just leave them to their fate.
>>
>>91000187
>>91000217
Have you tried explaining the nuances of time travel to a man from feudal Japan? Not very fucking easy.

Anyway, it showed that Jack was still too much of a pussy to truly dedicate himself to going back to the past.
>>
>>91001038
>MUH AUTISM
ftfy

Samurai were autistic as fuck
>>
>>91000162
Because you don't defeat evil by doing a lesser evil, or climbing over the backs of the vulnerable. Jack is a virtuous man - people were suffering now, and he wasn't going to turn away and let them suffer for the sake of his quest.

And anyway, who's to say how time travel works? Jack doesn't know.
>>
>>91000733
>>91000338

>The ending of that episode
>Jack has one of Chronos' gemstones
>"You WILL be defeated Aku....It's just a matter of time!" With some bonafide victorious grin and holding the gem like it's his victory ticket
>Never shown again

Imagine the crazy bullshit he could do with that kind of magic
>>
>guy from medieval japan doesn't care to speculate on how time travel works
>>
>>91000162
Because jack knew deep in his heart that he could never defeat aku
Thats why he keeps on "looking" for ways to return to the past even if its so blatantly obvious that he's just delaying
>>
>>91000187
>>91000217
Because time travel only creates parallel universes. He leaves and the monks all die, he save the past but dooms one reality to a future of Aku.

He can't use a time portal in the past to go back and save them after he's killed past Aku because he'll just go to the future of that reality where Aku has been dead for millennia. Not to mentin leaving just one innocent person behind goes against everything his character stands for. This really isn't hard guys.
>>
This is such a good episode but I always skip it when I'm rewatching Jack cuz the ending is such bullshit, it ruins it for me.
>>
>>91000162
Was Jack and the Monks the closest Jack has ever come to finding an available and pure time portal?

Most of the time portals he kept finding either were fake (Three Blind Archers) or weren't within his grasp at all.
>>
>>91007071
Jack and the Warrior Woman has another portal like right in front of him; he just overlooks the fact that Aku is fucking it up for him.
>>
Because Jack is a good and honorable man. He doesn't rationalize his actions or refuses to help others justifying himself in what might happen. He sees someone in need, and he acts.
>>
>>91007071
The "portal" for Three Blind Archers was technically real, it just comes with a hefty price
>>
>>91007071
The one in Jack and the Creature.

Fuck, that episode was pretty bad by SJ standards.
>>
They should have had higher stakes, and more evil opponents. I'm not against the basic idea of Jack sacrificing his way back to the past in order to save people in the present but it felt like a really uneven deal in this case. The two monks were willing to die and the stone golems weren't evil in any way, they were merely defending their temple, compare that to saving an entire reality, just doesn't ring true.

I feel like they wasted what could have been one of the better episode ideas of the series.
>>
>>91008743
cont.
Imagine if Jack needed to save an entire town under attack by Aku, a lot more believable for him to give up the time portal.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.