[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are they gonna turn these two into best friends? I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 4

How are they gonna turn these two into best friends?

I don't see the writing or the acting being stong enough to pull off their heterosexual life partnership
>>
>>90992917
They discuss ancient negro teachings and ancient Chinese teachings. And they bond over Danny's collection of Negro music.
>>
File: enhanced-buzz-5535-1368802595-4.jpg (87KB, 490x349px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-buzz-5535-1368802595-4.jpg
87KB, 490x349px
>>90992917
>heterosexual life partnership
The proper term is "bromance" and the way to do it is rip off JD and Turk
>>
>>90994080
>Turk as Luke Cage
>JD as Iron Fist
Would've been much better...
>>
>>90992917
>Implying they're not going to go full homo in [current year].

Get with the times shitlord!
>>
>You like the hip hop?
>I like the hip hop
>>
>>90992917
Wow, I totally forgot that these two are supposed to be completely hetero lifepartner/ best friend forever tier.

That's just not gonna work.

Marvel should have thought about that when casting everyone. What if they have absolutely no chemistry?
>>
Surprise, they won't be best friends. They'll just be rivals with respect towards one another.
>>
>>90992917
They won't.
Jessica Jones and Luke ending on Bad Terms, and honestly I can't see how they would get back together, I mean they really shouldn't. Iron Fist ironically is the least Zen character I've seen in a long time, also the most ineffectual out of the four, by a country mile. And to be honest, I wouldn't be surpirsed if the hand made it so DD could see for a few moment's just so he can see Luke Cage is black so he can realize that he's actually a racist.
>>
>>90992917
These fucking shows haven't been faithful to comics since ever, why the fuck should they start now?
>>
>>90992934
>>90994200

This. The only reason Danny likes the hippity hop is so they can use it to spark a bond with Luke
>>
>>90994210
>That's just not gonna work.
And why's that? Care to actually give any reasons?
>>
>>90994210
If you look back at the fluff articles they did for the show early on, they mentioned one of the things they tested was the then unknown actor's chemistry with Colter
>>
>>90995098
And how they do that?
Make them hang out for a week and film it?
>>
>>90995453
Probably make them do some improv acting exercises
>>
>>90995453
i want that
>>
>>90992917
>>90994080
Stop beating around the bush, you guys just want them to be gay
>>
Danny mistakes Luke Cage for a Kun Lun monk.
>>
>>90994080
Shawn and Gus were better done.
>>
>>90994604
everything with JJ ends on bad terms, even in the comics.

Luke Cage was the only one not racist in that show
>>
>>90996693
Shawn and Gus flips who is the confident one and who is the dorky one. Both Shawn and Gus and Turk and JD(and JD!) are top tier bromances. No idea how they'll make Luke and Danny bros4lyfe.
>>
>>90992917
Luke! My guy love friend!
>>
Danny saw a black bird as a sign to leave Kun Lun. He'll make the connection.
>>
>>90997064
Black bird obviously refers to Misty Knight
>>
>>90995098
There was that Defenders cast video a while back where Mike Colter and Finn Jones (who was just finishing IF) said they had never met each other until then.
>>
>>90992917
I'm kinda hoping that saves the two. I didn't hate either show I just felt really disappointed cause they're my favorites. In the comics it was always demure Danny and loud Luke that made it work, in this I hope they go with Danny as Luna Lovegood and Luke as the big brother who protects him.
>>
>>90994080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQdmHZD1ugI
>>
>>90996639
A fujo like you would never understand the deep spiritual connection a man has with his bro and can only see it in shallow "teyh fug each other in the butt" terms
>>
What makes Danny and Luke work in the comics? I'm not to familiar with them to be honest
>>
>>90992917
OP hasn't seen Fist of the North Star
>Luke and Danny expressing themselves over a pit of lava
>They fight constantly bromancing
>MANLY TEARS
>>
>>90994080
Keyword here is "heterosexual"
>>
>>90992917
Outkast.

Danny will be listening to it at their HQ and they'll trade trivia.
>>
If they had Danny Rand become a super-businessman in this series, they could've easily have tied everyone together by having Rand hire everyone.
>>
They barely have chemisty with their love interests how tf are they going to have a bromance between the two?
>>
>>90992917
They have sex.
>>
>>90992917
>How are they gonna turn these two into best friends?

it's simple

they don't have any other friends

Luke spent a long time in jail and had to live under an alias on the streets, he has no friends from his past. Danny was in K'un Lun fighting dragons and shit, so he also has no friends since Joy and Ward turned out to be such fucking shitheads
>>
>>91002124
Ward actually redeemed himself at the end though.

He warned Danny about his father's double cross. Then he helped out with the plan to get the tablet to clear Danny's name and shot his dad. Then he had a moment with Danny at the cremation of his dad's remains and hung Danny's picture next to his in the office. I'd say they are now pretty friendly with each other and have made up for the past. What is weird is Joy going from realizing her dad has become a monster and hating murder, to plotting the death of her childhood friend with a random stranger. All this because he was an accessory to the death of a zombie version of her dad that was going to kill said childhood friend and her own brother, in the span of one episode. She constantly was on Danny's side through-out the entire show but at the literal last minute she now hates him. What, did a piece of glass from Danny blowing up the top floor of the building hit her dog or something? I can understand her hating her brother after everything but Danny was more of a minor annoyance than someone she'd suddenly want to kill.
>>
They will team up against the demonic martial arts master wrecking the city, Me'fisto.
>>
>you punch things hard? So do I, let's punch stuff together
>>
>>90999246
Iron Fist in the comics is a genuine soul with empathy and not a brooding asshole like in the show (it's why he learns getting revenge on Harold is pointless), and through that he finds common ground with Luke Cage, despite all of their differences.
>>
all of these Netflix stars lack charisma, its really weird
>>
Well, Danny's already worn some of Luke's clothing. They're DESTINED to be best buddies now.
>>
>>90992917
How about they spitroast Claire?
>>
>>91005027
I vote this
>>
>>90994994
Not him, but neither of the actors has the skills or charisma to play off anyone in their own shows, which means their interactions are unlikely to be anywhere near as natural as Foggy and Matt's bro chemistry.

>>90996939
I would compare to them but personally, I don't care for the over-exaggeration of it for humor.
>>
>>91002493
Ward at least showed he hated his father and the way he lived. Joy showed she liked her job fucking with people even if it troubled her superficially at times, and that she wanted to keep it. Remember that time she sold a man a kidney to get a pier? I wish they played up those moments more, and showed her being more vindictive to lead up to her turning, or just how much she loved her dad.

>>91003695
They really needed to play up the empathy. It really felt like he wanted to get revenge until he didn't have the balls to, not that he learned a lesson about violence. He was no less willing to fuck shit up, he just didn't want to personally kill.
>>
>>91002560
>Not fighting Master Khan
>>
File: tumblr_n3nuo0w7ol1sp1wslo1_1280.jpg (111KB, 730x1164px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3nuo0w7ol1sp1wslo1_1280.jpg
111KB, 730x1164px
>>90996639
Well, if the shoe fits...
>>
>>91005027
You can't solve everything by spitroasting
>>
>>91006315
Watch us.
>>
>>90995098

Except the did'nt meet until recently before Defenders started filming.
>>
>>91006883
How would you defeat the Hand with spitroasting?
>>
>>90997114

Will Misty and Danny have any scenes/ romance? Seems to me that they are going with Danny/Colleen instead
>>
I'm pretty far into iron fist, and do actual hand ninjas show up, or for some reason does gow's faction of the hand just not do the ninja thing.
>>
>>91004296
Was it his or Matts?
>>
>>91007242

Think Eiffel Tower, but more like power rangers when they combine zords.
>>
>>91007242
Madame Gao Chinese Fingertrap
>>
>>91008512
neat

>>91008915
top kek
>>
I'm disappointed that the hand leader never told Danny he wanted him to become... the iron hand

cause he taught him how to use the iron fist to heal but you had to make it into a hand

implying the hand heals and the monks of shao lao whatever just destroy with fists

muh capekino symbolisms
>>
>>91007398
his
>>
I want Dan to cuck Claire and for her to get over herself
>>
>>90992917
They'll bond over outdated hip hop.

Plus, stoic big guy and energetic short guy has been a comedy staple for years
>>
>>90992934
>ancient negro teachings

lol what?
>>
>>91009326
I want Richard Pryor an Gene Wilder Heroes for Hire
>>
>>91009630
we wuz kangs bruh

you didnt know?
>>
>>91011657
For a li' ol' thang lil' boys bang bang
Long live the Chief
>>
>>91010010
literately all I want
why didn't they make Iron Fist into a slapstick comedy and Luke Cage into an action comedy
>>
>>91002493
Damn I loved Ward.

Best character of the series, best foil to the "real" villain his dad.

The actor had a great range from being the most powerful man in the room to a child standing in his fathers shadow.
>>
>>91012049
>the lat time i was happy was the day you died
>now thast just mean ward
that and
>any last words?
>ward you are the biggest disapointment in my life
were the best part of the show
>>
>>91007397
IF's Hand are garbage. They were also shit in Daredevil but at least they were painted as a credible threat at times, in Iron Fist they were basically mall cops and McDojo Goonies.
>>
>>90992917
luke teaches danny how to pick up chicks
>>
>>91007397
No.
You have
Ninja Hand(DD)
China Hand(IF)
University Hand(IF)
>>
>>90992917

I can see a scene like this

>Luke overhears Danny listening to his walkman or whatever the device is
>"ayo hol up, is that [90s rapper I cant name]"
>"yeah, I've had this since I was 10 actually, all I had to listen to at the monastery"
>"damn, you had good taste for a rich white kid, but if I was stuck up a mountain with some monks for 15 years I'd bring [insert some other rappers here]"

then they talk about their favorite artists and click
>>
>First fight between Danny and Bokuto
>Danny beats him pretty easily

nice antagonist.
>>
>>91013309
i belive he had an ipod gen 2 or something also since he is such a shity businessman having his own business with luke sound like a great way for danny to relearn the value of mone and why not
>>
>>90992917
they wont
>>
>>90998756
this
Dirty fujos don't know friendship
>>
>>91011858
>why didn't they make Iron Fist into a slapstick comedy

The enduring popularity of Jackie Chan shows this should have been at least considered.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.