[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how bad is this really? If I enjoyed Seven Soldiers, Doom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 2233._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg (28KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
2233._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg
28KB, 360x360px
So how bad is this really? If I enjoyed Seven Soldiers, Doom Patrol and ASS will I enjoy this?
>>
>>90989878
It's not bad. People are just fucking dumb
>>
>>90989878
don't expect to have a strong handle on what's actually happening from page to page. it's not written for that. you're meant to be as confused as the characters and then put everything into place when you're done
>>
Yes, you should actually have a pretty good appreciation for it.
>>
>>90989964
This. It's one of the best DC events, actually.

Also FC directly follows up on certain events in SS.
>>
It's a better read in the collected edition, with the edited artwork and edited dialogue, and with the essential sidestory shoved in and the nonessential sidestories ignored.

To truly understand how bad it was, you needed to read it as it was coming out.
>>
>>90989980
>don't expect to have a strong handle on what's actually happening from page to page.

It's a simple comic. Easy to understand if you are not stupid.
>>
It's not bad at all
>>
>>90989878
It's functionally two separate stories crammed together that highlights a lot of Morrison's issues with large casts. It seems confusing but if you've ever dealt with a nonlinear narrative before it's nothing you haven't seen. Personally I'd say it's one of his weakest DC works and is pretty pointless as most everything in it is a, lesser, retread of Seven Soldiers.

TL;DR: If you've read Seven Soldiers you've already read Final Crisis.
>>
>>90990211
Thanks. I'll be giving this a pass then.
>>
>>90990235
If you're not paying for it then all you're losing is time. His JLA run has a lot things that could be considered prototypes for Final Crisis. That's the biggest flaw of Final Crisis, it feels like Morrison repeating himself.

That and he really doesn't get the nuance of the New Gods, but it's more of a personal opinion thing.
>>
>>90989878
Yes you will. And if you enjoyed and understood Seven Soldiers you'll understand most of FC just fine.

Most people whining about FC being confusing haven't read Seven Soldiers: Mr Miracle.
>>
>>90989878
it's fucking excellent

I have never met anyone who disliked FC for any reason other than it was too Morrison for them
>>
>>90989878
its worth it for Superman beyond parts 1 & 2 alone. I fucking love those
>>
>>90989878
Other than Crisis it's the best event that has happened.

It reads so mythicly. Batman, Superman, and Green Lantern are written with such beauty, and I hate Hal but love him in Final Crisis.

PlusTawny Tiger and Frankenstein are boss!
>>
>>90990119
This. You have to be a fucking moron not to get it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.