[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were there any sprite comics you used to read or be a big fan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: ANALIEN.png (48KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
ANALIEN.png
48KB, 612x612px
Were there any sprite comics you used to read or be a big fan of? Are there any sprite comics you'd say are good, or still hold up in some way, nowadays?
>>
>>90975569
Not really, but which one is this anon? I'm curious after actually playing megaman 2.
>>
Ansem Retort was awesome when I was reading it.
Zexion is still the best character.
>>
>>90975569
I miss Bob & George.
>>
>>90975569
The Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire one
>>
>>90975569
I used to read a weird pokemon hoenn themed sprite comic. I think it was called pokemon x
>>
File: MANGO.png (26KB, 612x409px)
MANGO.png
26KB, 612x409px
>>90975660
MSPaint Masterpieces by DisgruntledFerret. It retells the Mega Man games, but with references to and characters from some of the side games (including the DOS ones) and original characters thrown into the mix. It did what Archie Mega Man did years before. It started off as one of the Bob & George side comics, and at first was a whacky, pretty unimpressive comic, but a little ways in the quality starts to climb (by the second game the sprites are almost entirely custom edited or made from scratch by the author) and it gets a more and the tone gets a little more serious (it's pretty light hearted throughout though (for the most part)).
>>
8-Bit Theater was the first webcomic that I ever followed and I'm glad for that.

I feel bad for kids whose first webcomic was something like Homestuck.
>>
>>90975706
What simple times those were.
>>
>>90975569
I remember liking InSonicNia. Decided to look it up recently, only to see Mystic Forest Zone went down.
>>
File: 53dc0da0a0fcc.gif (10KB, 256x256px)
53dc0da0a0fcc.gif
10KB, 256x256px
>>90975569
MSPaint Masterpieces is patrician. Wish the fucker still fucking updated.
>>
>>90978435
Oh fuck, yeah. I suddenly remembered about Mystic Forest Zone a few years back and went to check, only to discover it had been taken down. All those sprites, all those comics.

>>90978476
There's still a chance of a few more chapters being squeezed out with our life times, I'd say. Ferret has taken hiatuses of like, a year or longer before.
>>
File: 1435982332321.gif (965KB, 500x500px)
1435982332321.gif
965KB, 500x500px
>>90978531
It wouldn't be the first time he's dropped off the face of the earth with no warning only to come back, but I've given up actually checking. Used to be I'd pop in every month or so but there's a point you just have to give up.

You know, like with Broodhollow.
>>
>>90975569
8-Bit Theater still holds up pretty well. Past that, though... I dunno. Kid Radd, to an extent?
>>
File: epilazy 2.png (122KB, 612x1424px)
epilazy 2.png
122KB, 612x1424px
>>90978561
At least we got through Mgea Man 2, even if the ending did get kind of fucked.
>>
Forget 8-bit theater, there was an 8-bit [something else] I used to read when I was younger and stupid. It was listed under VGcats' recommended comics page. It was much edgier than 8BT and was about NES sprites living in an apartment or something. Anyone else remember it?
>>
>>90975687
>Ansem Retort
Oh God I forgot that was a thing. The author and I were members of the same forum, and he kept asking us for feedback on his comics. I thought they were terrible.

I was the one who came up with the name Ansem Retort.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.