[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /co/, so despite being a huge fan of both of these shows,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_2137.png (729KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2137.png
729KB, 1920x1080px
Okay /co/, so despite being a huge fan of both of these shows, I actually haven't watched Star Vs. or SU in almost an entire year.(the reason is very complicated, so I won't go into that) As a result of this, I haven't watched anything beyond Season 2 of SU(last episode I saw was Log Date 7 15 2) or any of the second season of Star Vs., because both of these only aired new episodes after I was unable to watch them.

Which brings me to my question, which one should I watch first? Unfortunately, /co/ has spoiled some things for me regarding both shows,(I'll get more specific in the next post) but nevertheless I'll still enjoy them.

TL;DR: I can't decide if I should start watching a years worth of SVTFOE or SU first, which one?
>>
File: atashi tte honto baka.png (697KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
atashi tte honto baka.png
697KB, 960x540px
>>90965311
SVTFOE. Definitely.

I've begun watching it as well (I'm just short of finishing season 2) and it pays off better than SU. The characters are better written; the lore-centric episodes and daily shenanigans episodes are well balanced; and while S2 starts off slow, it REALLY comes into its own midway.

That said, I hope you like Suffering. pic related
>>
>>90965311
It's kind of frustrating to read that you have the time to browse /co/ and be spoiled all this time but you didn't set the time to just watch the show and catch up.

both are on hiatus, but catching up with Star Vs. would take a shorter amount of time.

SU hasn't finished its current season yet, so you can probably take your time with that. It won't have the final episodes for a month at least.
>>
>>90965311
So to anyone curious, /co/ has spoiled the following for me on each show:

Steven Universe:
>Malachite comes back and unfuses
>Lapis joins the team
>Jasper gets corrupted
>Andy Brutananadilewski
>Greg becomes rich
>Centipeedle comes back at least once
>Living pumpkin
>They go to space
>Human zoo
>Holly Blue, Skinny Jasper, and the other gems
>Blue and Pink Diamond
>More that isn't coming to mind or isn't significant enough

(You spoiled a LOT for me, I'm an understanding and calm person, but you really should keep things to one topic and stop ticking everyone else off with your constant topic spam when new episodes come up, you're giving the show a bad name here)

Star Vs.:
>Ludo finds the other half of the wand and becomes more serious
>Toffee's real name
>Marco and Jackie start dating
>Star only realizes her feelings AFTER this happens
>A few names of new characters that mean nothing to me
>Not sure if this was fake or not, but if it isn't this is the worst one: Glossaryck's betrayal

(You were actually pretty good at keeping things contained, /co/, I applaud all you fans of the show here for your thoughtful consideration, keeping it to one topic, and not putting spoilers in the OP)
>>
>>90965311
Steven Universe tanks after season 2. I didn't like SVTFOE season one, but since you did you'll probably like season 2 from what I've heard. I'd go with that.
>>
>>90965511
>It's kind of frustrating to read that you have the time to browse /co/ and be spoiled all this time but you didn't set the time to just watch the show and catch up.

Like I said, the reason behind this is EXTREMELY complicated and I don't think anyone wants me to get into that.
>>
>>90965574
That's actually not a whole lot of stuff "spoiled" for Star. If you watched it there'd actually be a few important things that might surprise you if that's really all you know of this season.
>>
>>90965574
>Toffee's real name

Don't remember that.
>>
File: 05x0p96pf5kx.jpg (130KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
05x0p96pf5kx.jpg
130KB, 1600x1200px
star first without a doubt, steven universe became a fucking mess:
>pushed the most hyped caracters of S1 finale resulting in bland personalities
>the existing caracters went full meme or flanderized
>tons of fillers/townies episodes
steven is more retarded than ever, the pacing of the episodes in general is just bad, even if the story it's good at the end, i'm not convinced that is enough to redeem the show at all
>>
>>90965694
I guess he means the full title "Toffee of Septarsis" featured in the book.

Anyway I'd recommend Star first just because Ludo's great and I want to protect his smile.
>>
File: IMG_2138.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2138.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>90965682
Like I said, you were surprisingly good at keeping spoilers to a minimum, and your assurance only helps. Thanks for letting me know I'm in for a good time.
>>
>>90965694
Unless he's referring to the recent book calling him Toffee of Septarsis I don't know what he's talking about.

Because it seems Toffee is his actual name, the last part's more like a surname/race/place of origin deal. Plus it's not even in the show, yet
>>
File: IMG_2139.gif (560KB, 296x257px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2139.gif
560KB, 296x257px
>>90965694
>>90965741
>>90965755

So out of curiosity I looked up what I THOUGHT his name was, turns out it's actually the name of yet another new character that means absolutely nothing to me, so that's even better.(For anyone curious, due to an apparently badly written post, I thought his name was "Rasticore". Yes, I know that was stupid of me, but honestly why would I google something I don't want spoiled? Feel free to berate me anyway, I deserve it.)

Well, from what I'm seeing here, it's pretty clear I should start with Star Vs., although if anyone wants to still make a point for SU, be my guest, I can obviously watch more than one show at a time, I'd just prefer not to. Thanks anons, I'm looking forward to it!
>>
cuck commander star
>>
>>90966001
Rasticore is hilarious. 10/10 villain, I highly recommend you start watching immediately and start liveblogging please
>>
>>90965620
Well now I'm curious and you have to.
>>
Is this where we are now?
>>
>>90966182
no, come back
>>
>>90966001

SU get's too tedious even if you're into the townie episodes, go for Star Vs since a shorter and sweeter ride
>>
File: SMUG STAR.png (614KB, 989x1051px) Image search: [Google]
SMUG STAR.png
614KB, 989x1051px
>>90965620
bet

also SVTFOE is soooo much better than SU it just has better characters and humor and plot and basically it's better in every way.
>>
>>90966435
I think the messages / Very Special Episodes in SU are better but Star's message is pretty great
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.