[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they fucking serious. Marvel decided Thor was unworthy because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Are they fucking serious. Marvel decided Thor was unworthy because he was told someone was right?

This is the most retarded thing ever. He could of least had done something morally wrong and been mind wiped so it came as a shock to him at the very least.
>>
>>90945789
Thor checked his privilege and you'd do well to do the same dear anon
>>
>>90945789
delicious
>>
Stick to the storytime thread. Don't spam the board.
>>
>>90945789
There's nothing he could have said that would have been entirely satisfying to the reader. Corrupting doubt is the only thing that I think really makes sense.
>>
>>90945789
Thor decided he was unworthy and the hammer, which is magic, didn't want to be friends any more.

Wielding the powers of a god responsibly is the whole deal with that hammer. If you don't believe there should be gods, you can't be a responsible god.

>>90946486
Yep. Fury doesn't even have to be right, just an authority figure whom Thor respects telling him something which causes him to doubt himself.

It's a fine anti-authoritarian sentiment.
>>
>>90945789
Good, now read the real Thor (Jane) book people
>>
>>90945789
I remember an anon predicted this back in 2014.
>>
>>90945789
Wait. So you think it would make more sense if Thor was mindwiped and the hammer itself didn't care until Thor remembered something he had already done?
>>
>>90945789
Gorr?
Gorr the butcher?
Gorr the god butcher?
Gorr was right?
Gorr the God butcher was right?
>>
>>90948334
>Gorr? The God Butcher?
>Who's Gor--
>Gorr is--
>The God Butcher.
>The God Butcher.
>Yes.
>So he--
>He butchers gods.
>That's a messed up thing to do.
>He- he has his reasons-
>Like Satan had his reasons to nail Jesus to the cross?
>Don't make it all religious now--
>He butchers gods. He's the one who made it religious.
>But there's a line--
>A line.
>Yes.
>And what was the totally not blasphemous Gorr right about?
>He said gods-- gods aren't worthy of mortals.
>That's some heavy--
>Heavy talk there.
>But if you can't lift your hammer--
>Exactly.
>--he can talk the talk.
>And he can walk the walk.
>I'd say he can talk the talk while walking the walk.
>But now you can't lift your hammer because a guy with butcher in his name was right.
>Aye.
>You must have been the wrongest someone has ever been in the history of history.
>Aye.
>>
File: laughing Evans.jpg (174KB, 980x1040px) Image search: [Google]
laughing Evans.jpg
174KB, 980x1040px
>>90948449
>Like Satan had his reasons to nail Jesus to the cross?
>>
>>90945789
This is retarded even for Jason Aaron.
>>
>>90945789
Marvel what are you even doing anymore
>>
>Marvel wants a girl thor.
>Marvel decides Thor Odinson has to become unworthy, so Jane can pick up the hammer.
>They don't care how it happens, they just want it to happen right now.
>Writer has to put in some bullshit to explain away later, because he can't think of a reasonable way to easily have thor lose the hammer.
>Years later, there's still no good reason for him to have lost it.
>Fuck it, just make something up.

There was never going to be a satisfying conclusion. If they actually had something planned, we would've heard what Nick Fury said in the beginning.
>>
>>90945789

Actually makes more sense than a lot of the alternatives people have thrown out there
>>
>>90945789
I was hoping they would have made it so that Fury whispered "You are Ragnarok" and the real Thor was locked in Mjolnir after his death in "Fear Itself."
>>
>>90948890
That had zero chance of ever happening. Aaron is very much a continuation of the Heroes Reborn Jurgens era Thor that both Oeming and JMS repudiated with their runs.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.