[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did King of the Hill do better emotionally driven episodes than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: koth.png (838KB, 855x640px) Image search: [Google]
koth.png
838KB, 855x640px
Did King of the Hill do better emotionally driven episodes than The Simpsons and Futurama?

Pic related
>>
>>90926303
No, honestly. Especially not Futurama, that was still giving us good emotion right up to the end
>>
>>90926303
No. KotH was too shitty to be emotional.
>>
DALLAS?
>>
>>90926303
It's not hard, especially Futurama that is "feelings for retarded teens : the show".
The thing with koth is that the emotion can be there without needing an episode to it. Lots of bobby/hank moments aren't centric to the plot.
>>
>>90926392
Pretty much this.

Futurama balanced the comedy with emotional moments pretty well. It was an amazing all around show.
>>
I may just be a heartless bastard, or maybe I've watched the series too many times on comedy central. But Futurama wasn't really that good with emotion, it really was just the last few minutes of Jurassic Bark and Game of Tones. The rest of those episodes were so-so or juvenile jokes. I have no idea why people thought it was the perfect blend.
Early Simpsons did make me genuinely feel a few times but Bobby and Hank's father/son moments together made me feel more nostalgic and realistic to me than most tear jerkers.
>>
>>90926461

SALLAD?
>>
>>90926303
BUCKY'S ANGEL
>>
>>90930278
The comedy central episodes tried too hard to be emotional. The comedy central episodes really takes futurama run down a peg...(gy)
>>
>>90926303
>Current Simpsons
Yes.
>Early Simpsons?
No.
>>
>>90926303
Simpsons Season 2-ish was probably on the same level but otherwise yes. King of the Hill being more grounded in general helped the emotional moments hit harder.
>>
Futurama got pretty shitty when they tried to make you cry at the end of every other episode.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.