[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when he actual noted real flaws in animated movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

File: dude CLICHE.jpg (61KB, 495x300px) Image search: [Google]
dude CLICHE.jpg
61KB, 495x300px
Remember when he actual noted real flaws in animated movies and not just drivel on about Every.Little.Thing he didn't like about it?

(Then)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8F1Xl52q_Q

(NOW)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99SS9aZjrhY

What happened?
>>
File: 1449026763953.png (787KB, 654x539px) Image search: [Google]
1449026763953.png
787KB, 654x539px
>>90910468
I call it the MattPat effect
Give a critic/analyst enough subscribers, fame and money and they'll start becoming more nitpicky and act like as if their opinions are the word of god
>>
Do people still think they're being serious about this?
Wow.
>>
CinemaSins was always trash from the beginning. The only difference now is that the videos used to be like 5min long and then gradually changed to 30min pieces of shit where like 95% of the jokes aren't funny.

In fact every ScreenJunkies content is garbage and the only reason they have that much subscribers is because of Honest Trailers.
>>
>>90911041
even if they're joking the jokes are hinged on shit that's false

its one thing to comically exaggerate a flaw but its another thing to genuinely not understand something and make a joke thinking that you do
>>
>>90910468
>Sins "Once upon a time" in a classic disney movie

Clearly this guy belongs in the trash.
>>
>>90911041
As you can see by this thread, yes. Niggas got baited by shitposting in video form.
>>
I know it's a plug, but I really like how this guy counters the sins in the videos and points out how dumb cinema sins are. Especially when he points out they gave a sin for something subtle going on screen during the sinning. It's when Ross brings up the Sokovia accords and Cap looks at a guilty looking Tony, and they sin it as "How do they not know about the Accords" when it's presented that Tony withheld that info from Cap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnTZbZw1JPQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5YWVne9pDE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeRePDOMtTQ
>>
>>90911041
Thing is, they after a while, it does become apparent that these are their opinions.

https://youtu.be/q5YWVne9pDE?t=31m11s

And besides, this nitpicking style is leaking over so that people can criticize all work from one little scene.
>>
File: marssmilebm_450x450.jpg (146KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
marssmilebm_450x450.jpg
146KB, 450x450px
>>90911628
For me the breaking point was the Watchmen one. He sinned the pan out shot of the smiley face on Mars, "laughing" his ass off that it was in the movie, not realizing that the geological smiley on Mars is real.

https://youtu.be/yxY99G9bH_c?t=876

Fuck this clickbait shill.
>>
>>90911106
Same as Yahtzee. Ended up creating a shtick.
>>
>>90911712
I stopped at the point he sinned Watchmen cause "Discount _______" sin. Hell, he admits when a film does something right and STILL sins it!

>>Casting Haley Bennet instead of Jennifer Lawrence

HOW IS THAT A SIN?!
>>
>>90910468
>when he actual noted real flaws
>does not include a lap dance

Nope.
>>
>>90911813
>Hell, he admits when a film does something right and STILL sins it!

Yeah that annoys me. He just wants to get the counter up
>>
>>90911061
>Cinema Sins
>ScreenJunkies
2 different things
>>
File: Fred Fuchs.png (471KB, 739x616px) Image search: [Google]
Fred Fuchs.png
471KB, 739x616px
>>90910468
He became /co/
>>
>>90911061
CinemaSins is not a part of ScreenJunkies. They've just worked together.

But I'm pretty sure the only reason his videos have gone beyond 10 minutes is for the increased ad revenue.

>>90911628
>>90911659
Personally, I feel like this is just riding off somebody else's success, as undeserved as that initial success may be. There must be some way to criticize these videos without outright copping the same structure.

>>90911813
>>90912091
I think the only time he took off sins for doing something well was "The Lost World: Jurassic Park". Or is it "Jurassic Park II: The Lost World"? Regardless, I think that's the only time.
>>
The worst I've seen him do is when a film explains something early in the film and then when that same thing happens later he sins it because he wasn't paying attention
Example, early in Age of Ultron it's shown that caps sheild now returns to him with a device in his glove. At the end battle it's used again and he sins it because "the shield returns to him by sheer will power" or something unfunny like that
>>
>>90911041
this
I knew /co/ was stupid, but not THIS stupid
>>
>>90911628
Thanks, anon
>>
>>90912149
>Personally, I feel like this is just riding off somebody else's success, as undeserved as that initial success may be. There must be some way to criticize these videos without outright copping the same structure.
Thing is, those videos even point out flaws that the Cinemasins guys don't pick up, like guy falling before Cap's shield hits him, the guy staring at Black Widow's ass, and how the same guy keeps walking around Cap and Iron Man in the boardroom.
>>
>>90912169
Yep, or how he didn't know who Dr. Helen Cho was.

He sins things for saying the country as well as the city, but then gets confused when plot points aren't spelled out for him. Hell, I didn't know where Seoul was, but apparently that's a sin for pointing out that's in South Korea.
>>
>>90912328
That's fair. Still, I'm sure there are better ways of criticizing CinemaSins and movies in general rather than taking the same approach as CinemaSins.

At the very least, be self-aware that you're liable to fall into the same pitfalls as CinemaSins, y'know?
>>
>>90910468
I saw a couple and him pointing out cliches was okay, but then I found some newer ones (and this was a year or so ago) and the episodes were just getting so long, he thinks he's so fucking funny and clever.
>>
File: IMG_2219.jpg (81KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2219.jpg
81KB, 431x450px
>Sins are played off for laughs and nothing, is giving credit where credit is due
>still get autistically upset over them
>>
>>90910468
One of the sins is that there is a stain-glassed window for each part of the story.
>dropped

Why doesn't he just start it out with a sin for being animated?
>>
I was watching the Battle Royale vid, and he started racking up sins just for the film being Japanese.
But as others said it's all being done to make the videos longer. YouTube gives you more money if the videos are longer.
>>
>>90911041
I remember how it started. The very first video. After How It Should Have Ended and Honest Trailers it seemed like a cheap attempt at following the leader.
I still think that.
>>
>>90911813
It's a fucking joke.
>>
>>90913544
Jokes should be funny
>>
>>90913642
Yes, but you shouldn't throw an autism fit because you couldn't recognize an obvious joke.
What's next are you gonna bitch about the "X isn't my girlfriend" stuff like he's serious?
>>
>>90910468
>>90911041
The problem is that they became actual reviews. It started out sinning things in a jokey way or pointing out contradictions. Now he spends way too much time talking about how he doesnt like a movie in question in a way that stops being funny. Namely his I Robot or all Fast and the Furious reviews
>>
>>90910468
>Taking the sins seriously
>As if they are some kind of actual movie metric
>Not knowing how to filter the nitpicky ones from the actual flaws

One of his favorite gags is a sin for "Scene does not contain a lapdance" and you think this was ever supposed to be a real issue
>>
>>90914193
>"Scene does not contain a lapdance"
Either he hasn't done a movie with a provocative scene or just dropped this entirely.

The "____ seconds/minutes of logos" gets tiring.
>>
>>90914193
it's just a joke guys XD

also unfunny on purpose XDDD you can't crtiicisze it!!!1!
>>
>>90914552
Complaining about the jokes is fine but several retards in this thread seem to think they're serious.
>>
>>90911813
>Hell, he admits when a film does something right and STILL sins it!
How didn't that tip you off to the fact that you're not supposed to actually care, he's just making comments about a movie, the sins gimmick is an excuse.

>>90912149
>I think the only time he took off sins for doing something well was "The Lost World: Jurassic Park". Or is it "Jurassic Park II: The Lost World"? Regardless, I think that's the only time.
He does that all the time.
>>
So is there a movie reviewer that doesn't suck?
>>
>>90915002
Cinema Snob's midnight screenings are alright from what I've seen. Your mileage may vary of course.
>>
>>90910468
>Remember when he actual noted real flaws in animated movies
No.
>>
>>90915002
Redlettermedia and Cinemassacre
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTvBQE6cvVg&list=FL6pcYqBo9QEUKxXcTR5ybbw&index=34

Never forget.
>>
>>90915151
>Redlettermedia
Oh boy, here we go again.
I hope you're ready for a lot of posts about how they're all retarded.
>>
>>90915164
To be fair there was no Spidey in CW at the time (which he literally says in the video would change things) and BvS did have a record-breaking opening weekend.
>>
>>90915164
>>90915277
Even so, this guy is so confidently saying how nobody cares about Captain America, even though his popularity probably usurped Superman's. Like, how many people wear the Cap Shield shirts these days? This is pretty much a guy going "Dude, why should anyone compete against Call of Duty?" The MCU was 12 movies in and has a following, while BvS was a followup to a polarizing film, and even the premise of Batman Vs Superman is stupid because everyone goes "Superman would flat out win"
>>
>>90915383
You gotta remember at the time everybody thought it would be the biggest box office success ever from sheer IP recognition. Which yeah, is retarded considering how divisive MoS was, but still.
>>
>>90915383
Jeremy is an idiot.

We have purposely trained him wrong. As a joke.
>>
>>90915446
The moment they said "Do you bleed? You will" is when I lost faith cause it was the edgelords running the film.
>>
File: 5748484684.jpg (5KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
5748484684.jpg
5KB, 160x160px
>>90914552
>>
>>90910468
Money and quantity over quality. If you could make decent money off content you make, wouldn't you rather milk it to have an easier life?
>>
>>90918186
I'm part of the problem. I prefer to watch longer videos because I mostly have youtube as background when playing vydia.
I'm probably not isolated since youtube rewards 10min+ long videos.
>>
>>90910997
Then you have the Mr Enter effect, where that attitude is there from the start and it only gets worse with time.
>>
>>90910468
>>90911061
>>90912149
Yeah he sucks up ad revenue with long form videos stealing the work of others. His videos are just an easy way to watch the highlights of a film and provide kids with a sense of smugness for being "informed". When confronted on the shitty opinions that were not meant to be jokes, they, including the CinemaSins guy himself, recoil and retreat to the "It's just a joke!" defense.
>>
>>90912539
>Sins are played off for laughs
Too bad they're not funny
>>
>>90911041
It really comes out as if they actually are rating the movie, sure on their disclaimer video it says their sins are not accurate representation of a movie's worth or isn't meant to be taken seriously, but sometimes they really go off on a movie they didn't like and expect you to not like it either.
>>
>>90915002
Soulbrotha
>>
>>90920810
That is true, the Fast and Furious 7 video is evidence of that.
>>
>>90910468
Honestly, I'd rather have him drivel on about Every.Little.Thing he didn't like than putting on another Running Joke show.
>>
>>90915487
You managed about 90% of the film and then thats what tipped you off?
>>
>>90910468
it takes a special kind of autism to make a sins video.

you should've seen this coming.
>>
I get that its part of the, ahem, "joke", but he really needs to learn that sometimes things are bad for purposes of camp.
>>
>>90910468
>They depicted scenes from the background story happening on a stained glass window but it is highly unlikely that a stained glass window with depictions of the background story would actually exist LOL

Do I need to be autistic to get the """jokes"""? I'm being serious, I've worked with autistic people and them being very literal minded, this is exactly the sort of thing they'd say as humor.
>>
>>90910997
The MatPat effect is more about when you care more about the youtube money than the quality of your videos. Every new video he makes is clickbait and he barely makes a point but the videos are longer because it means more ad revenue. He's becoming buzzfeed and watchmojo, basically.
>>
They needed to increase the length of the video for more of that Google ad money
>>
>>90923989
It kind of goes both ways.
MatPat thought that Undertale was enough of a universal cultural milestone that he gave a copy of the game to the Pope.
>>
>>90925778
Please tell me that didn't happen
>>
>>90926295
I can tell you that it didn't happen, but I'd by lying.

http://gamerphobic.tumblr.com/post/146965148759/the-game-theory-rejects-twitter-upon-the-discovery
>>
>>90921698
I meant from the first trailer.
>>
File: Antoine_Galland.png (74KB, 220x269px) Image search: [Google]
Antoine_Galland.png
74KB, 220x269px
Well, if this is the thread to complain about people on youtube talking about Disney films, I stumbled on this the other day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFnQ5boaH8s
I raged so fucking hard at about 2:35, when he's trying to disprove the theory that the book Belle is reading is Aladdin, and says sarcastically
>I'm sure the market is huge for Arabic books translated into french in the 1700s
as though that would be ridiculous.

Why do people make this shit when they don't know what the fuck they are talking about?
>>
>>90927537
didn't aladdin come from 1001 nights
isn't that one of the most famous collections of literature fucking ever
why wouldn't the french want to have a piece of that
>>
>>90926295
Oooooooh, it happened, and the funniest shit is that he STILL doesn't get why people make fun of him for it. Like, he goes "I just wanted to promote an idea of peace and unity, but instead I just get hateful spite for it"

Better yet, he claims that racism only happens cause of laziness and that giving Undertale to the Pope would let the world see that gamers are a demographic that need to be respected.

Yeah, he's THAT kind of person.
>>
>>90927537
See, if you don't already know it, then it's not real.
>>
>>90928037
My favorite part is that he didn't even give the Pope a copy of the game that he could hold. He gave him a Steam code. So Matthew Patthew just gave the most important religious figure in the world a slip of paper with some numbers and letters on it and said "this is a game."
>>
>>90928305
Like, it BAFFLES me how he doesn't get what he did

https://youtu.be/8wzxbR5vfjE?t=57s

Also parody
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzZghjrlTWA
>>
>>90928305
You think a 400 year old church man would have any better luck with a PC game on a disc?
>>
>>90927916
No, look up the filename in the pic. The french didn't just get a piece of it, they fucking STARTED its popularization. Galland's was the first western and modern translation, which he put out in the 1700s, which was when and where the big craze around the collection started. Which is partly why fairytales got so fucking big around there and then, which you might want to say is why Beauty and the Beast even got written. Oh but the best part? He didn't even translate Aladdin from arabic text. It's not really in print before his collection came out. He said he got it from "the oral tradition," but he very well may have written a lot of it himself. Aladdin could possibly be a French story to begin with.
>>
>>90928517
An old man can see a disc and know that a game is on it. I'm not sure an old man can see a code and know that it can be traded in on a online service for a game.
>>
>>90910468
Flanderization
>>
>>90928037
Like, it's not even a peaceful game.

If anything, fucking Animal Crossing games are more happy and non-violent.
>>
>>90927537
fuck i hate these Hank and John rippoffs
>>
>>90910468
He does it to pad the length of the videos out to get more ad revenue, or when he doesn't have enough material

It got dumb when it became less about pointing out little technical mistakes in movies and more "the movie actually explained this but i wasn't paying attention so ding" and "actress didn't do a lapdance, ding"
>>
>>90910468
In joke *DING
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.