[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.vox.com/culture/2017/3/1 9/14961738/iron-fist-mar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

http://www.vox.com/culture/2017/3/19/14961738/iron-fist-marvel-review

Agree or disagree, /co/?
>>
>>90886587
>Vox
Disagree
>After actually reading the review
Disagree
>>
>>90886587
I'm not clicking that.
>>
>>90886587
Get an archive page ya dingus.
>>
Totally agree... it's garbage. So disappointed.
>>
File: Ward_Meachum_NYCC.png (113KB, 435x729px) Image search: [Google]
Ward_Meachum_NYCC.png
113KB, 435x729px
>>90886587
I just finished watching it last night. It's kind of a train wreck, but Luke Cage was too and I liked that show anyway. I appreciate Cottonmouth and his sister more and more on re-watches. That show had a distinctive tone and "flavor" as well.

Iron Fist just feels bland and directionless, and like all the other Marvel Netflix shows, it boils down to the weird ways all their characters act. I watched this show with some family and they agreed that Danny Rand was the most uninteresting guy on the show. Kind of similar to Cage in that respect.

Let's look at the other characters for a sec.

The Meechums: These people feel like they walked out of a more interesting Netflix show. They are by no means Shakespearean-level performers, but Harold was at least fun to watch and I started to unironically love Ward halfway through the show. Ward looked like a generic businessman jerkass, but he is a wonderful case study of a normal guy that has to deal with the insanity of the Marvel universe. He's like the fucking Squidward of the show. Joy was as smart/dumb, competent/emotional as the plot needed her to be. I still liked the relationship she had with her brother, however. I was more interested in their WASP-y struggles than anything Danny was doing.

Rosario Dawson: Still butting into people's lives and being stupidly brave. This shit makes less sense in every show she is in.

Davos: If you saw Doctor Strange and the Mordo character, you immediately knew where this guy's arc was heading.

Colleen Wing: I enjoyed her in this series, if only for the fact she she actually seemed like she knew how to fucking fight, unlike Finn, which no amount of jumpcuts can save. I even liked her twist, but it made her whole "my dojo is poor and I need to go to illegal fight clubs" make no fucking sense.
>>
File: 1464991031598.png (107KB, 341x334px) Image search: [Google]
1464991031598.png
107KB, 341x334px
>>90887504
>>90887828
>>90887862
>>90887942
>>90888063
https://archive.fo/AWTjL
>>
File: David-Wenham.jpg (30KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
David-Wenham.jpg
30KB, 650x366px
>>90888063
Madam Gao: I'm actually hoping for a small movie or mini-series on her, similar to what they did with the Netflix Marco Polo characters. Unlike Danny, she seems to have an interesting backstory with Kun Lun.

Bokuto: Good approach with the Professor Xavier method, but it would have been better to flesh out his motivations more.

The plot is basically retarded. There is no immediacy or creeping danger in the series. It's just every now and then throwing shit at Danny that will make him mad and go make retarded decisions. Did any of that "naive CEO Jesus" schtick matter in Danny's arc? How about that place that was giving people cancer? The structure and competing ideologies of the Hand was more interesting than anything Danny and his calvacade of victim side-character have to offer.

This show should get a second chance, but it should do what Luke Cage did and go more exploitative/grindhouse in the next season. This whole series feels like he wanted to do 1960s James Bond but didn't have the balls to go through with it.
>>
File: questionfrog.jpg (29KB, 640x560px) Image search: [Google]
questionfrog.jpg
29KB, 640x560px
Is Gao a good guy or a bad guy?
>>
>>90888270
She is clearly interested in the greater spiritual plans of the Hand, and is pushing the drug trade to keep their shit financed.

In the first episode of the Defenders, the Hand is going to start a massive earthquake in NYC and Gao is behind it. The Hand are drilling for something under the city.

Source: I was an extra for that episode.
>>
Yo OP, I'm interested in what you think of my analysis. What did you think of the show?
>>
>>90888229
I think one of the most irritating parts of the show is the set design.

>Danny accepts Madame Gao's duel challenge
>Cherry blossoms outside the door
>fucking stone well in the middle of new york city
>Alright sick they're going to open a door and reveal a giant temple or something
>nope
>three generic as fuck abandoned warehouse fight scenes
>>
>>90888432
Oh, absolutely. That's what I was getting at with the Bond reference.
>>
File: gvYhOcb.jpg (47KB, 419x478px) Image search: [Google]
gvYhOcb.jpg
47KB, 419x478px
>>90888408
Look, I was looking to troll with the Vox article, but some faggot mirrored it. I haven't seen the show, and I have no interest in seeing it.
>>
it's literally the same kind of review that a /v/tard would make if given an actual platform on an actual news site. hyperbolic and desperately trying to fit in with the crowd.

it's not the best show, but it's far from the worst. Netflix by itself has worse original shows and seasons (Bloodline S2, House of Cards S3, arguably Marco Polo).
>>
>>90889122
The reviewer literally repeated the race complaint in a reworded paragraph after just complaining about it.

Doesn't mean they're wrong about the actual problems listed in the show, though.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.