[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SNYDER, LEE, KUBERT & More Kick Off 'Massive' DC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 12

File: DDays_Forge_1.jpg (348KB, 786x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DDays_Forge_1.jpg
348KB, 786x1200px
>http://www.newsarama.com/33639-synder-lee-kubert-more-kick-off-massive-dc-summer-event-in-dark-days.html

>Dark Days: The Forge #1 and Dark Days: The Casting #1 are a pair of specials that DC describes as the kick-off of a massive summer event and promises will "break new ground in DC's publishing line."

>Scott Snyder and James Tynion IV will write and be joined by artists Andy Kubert, Jim Lee and John Romita Jr.

>"Spearheaded" by Snyder, according to DC, the mysteries of The Forge (on sale June 14) and The Casting (on sale July 12) will reveal the dark underbelly of the DC Universe.
>>
>“Art like this demands an epic story,” says Snyder in DC's announcement. “Dark Days posits a mystery that traces all the way back to when I started on Batman. I've hinted at them over the years with Easter eggs and clues. This is a mystery that literally begins at the dawn of man and spans generations of heroes and villains and ultimately leads to huge revelations about the past, present and future of the cosmology of DC. I couldn't be more excited for Dark Days. It's the prelude to the event we've been developing for years.”

>“We’re taking all the ethos and excitement of the work Scott and I have been doing in the Batman titles and unleashing it across the entire DC Universe,” added Tynion IV. “The size and scope of what we're looking to do with Dark Days could only be accomplished by the best of the best. Andy, Jim and John are legends. All of us on this project are pushing one another, and every concept, to the extreme.”
>>
Another post-apocalyptic future event?

Didn't we have like... three or four of these during the New 52?
>>
>The publisher also describes Kubert, Lee and Romita Jr., as driving DC’s initiative to "bring artists to the forefront of the storytelling process."

>Beginning with Dark Days, these creative team will collaborate to "develop new ideas and characters, further enriching the DC Universe."

>“Working with Scott and James on Dark Days is the culmination of the big ideas and endless brainstorming that came out of a recent creative summit,” explained Lee, also of course DC's co-publisher. “It was tremendous fun having peers like Andy Kubert and JRJr. in with some of our top writers. Strategically, Dan and I have talked for a long time about bringing the artist back to the table in the genesis of big, epic events. The creative summit was just that, and the level of collaboration was truly invigorating and electrifying. We can’t wait to share Dark Days with the DC faithful…they’re in for a thrill ride!”
>>
>DC declined to offer any further details about either the two specials or the event the serve as a prelude to, but in 2016 Snyder and with his former Batman partner Greg Capullo spoke about a planned reunion that may be related to these specials.

>According to Capullo, their reunion project is something DC suggested.

>"What we'll be doing next… we think is just going to smash the roof right off DC," Capullo told Newsarama. "It'll be very explosive stuff when we reunite."

>Snyder described the project to Newsarama as "something really fun and big," and later to CBR as their "Batman heavy metal rock opera."

>"It’s going to be a big, epic Batman story with flaming armor, an over-the-top capstone to a lot of the stuff that we’ve done with him. The writer says that the name of the event has been decided, but is not at a place to reveal it yet.
>>
>>90884983
>Andy Kubert instead of Greg Capullo
>Tynion
Fuck...
>>
>Snyder further revealed that the event will veer away from the common trope of superheroes fighting superheroes, and will use current continuity to open up the doors for future stories ala Crisis On Infinite Earths.
>>
>
>“Above all, what I really want it to be for fans is to not have it feel like the kind of event that we’ve seen before. I love DC events. They’re bonkers and wonderful, but generally, they refer back to continuity, or they are all about where the line is at that moment in time,” said Snyder. “Geoff’s [Johns] best ones have been plain-out great stories, but I think 'Crisis,' for example, is in conversation with what we need to do with the line, as good as they are. What I want this one to be is different. I want it built out of the stories happening now and creating new material and giving everybody a place to tell stories that fit what they’re doing on their books, and feels really modern and different and above all fun. I don’t want it to be grim. I don’t want it to be superheroes arguing over something. Superheroes won’t be fighting superheroes. I want it to be celebratory, and huge, and crazy. I am going for out of control dinosaurs and lasers. It should be fun.”
>>
>>90885044
it's only that entree issue. Capullo is doing the main event
>>
I hate DC events, because they all start promising, and then end with the biggest clusterfuck with the biggest deus ex machinas tying it back to the status quo.
>>
>>90884983
Oh great, just what all comic fans love. A Crossover.

Wow, looking forward to that, I'll be sure to torrent it one of these days.
>>
Sorry speedster Anon (OP).
>>
>>90884983

Could Snyder please do something that wasn't Batman?
>>
I'll read the Capullo issues for the art and nothing more
>>
>>90885320
Stick to what you know.

However, I'm a bit worried. Sure, he can write a decent batman, but he has never written something groundbreaking.
>>
>>90884983
>Romita Jr.
Guess I'll be glazing through those issues.

But in all seriousness
>>90885049
Gives me hope we'll have a real, classic event where heroes fight a common enemy.
>>
>>90884983
>James Tynion IV
I hate that this fucker got in by coattailing on Snyder. His writing is trash. Memetic is one of the worst comics I've purchased.
>>
>>90884983
Cool. Been digging Rebirth thus far, this sounds intriguing.
>>
>>90885439
What do you think of his other non-DC works?
>>
>>90885183
I think you're confused with marvel events anon.
>>
>>90884983
He did it, the absolute madman
>>
Rebirth was nice.

Guess its back to business as usual.
>>
>>90884983
As someone who's loving rebirth I'm not looking forward to this at all.

I honestly hate Snyder. I see him as Batman's Slott.
>>
>>90885794
The market will have settled down to about the same place as prebirth by Summer. Those B lister books aren't going to support themselves.
>>
>>90885723
THERE IS ALREADY A LARK AND SHES PENGUIN'S HENCHMAN

FUCK YOU HARPER FUCK YOU
>>
>>90885875
Lark is Duke, not Harper. Harper's Bluebird
>>
>>90885875
Calm down, dude, Harper's codename is Bluebird. Lark is Duke Thomas.
>>
>>90885723
Is this from All-Star? I thought Harper had retired.
>>
>>90885902
That's premonition of the future from somewhere around 40ish issue of Batman.
>>
Even if this event is shit at least we'll get to see more Capullo. I wanna see him draw more street heroes and how he'd stylise them.

>>90884983
Is that a Thangarian Batman?
Neat.
>>
>>90885921
What a bleak and hopeless future. Harper and Duke I mean not the alien invasion.
>>
>>90884983
>Snyder + Tynion
Oh boy, DC sure knows how to kill hype before the event even started.
>>
>>90884983
wow they're really putting manhattan on the back burner
>>
>>90885977
Didn't you know? Everything is about Batman
>>
Did anyone else when DC did that October is a special month thing for New52? #0's, Future's End one offs, that weird extendo cover and villain issues?

I wonder if that will continue with Rebirth now. Everyone gets a Dark Days oneshot. I thought it was fun
>>
>>90885977
Johns has no idea what he will do. It was some executive order and he knows he will fuck up
>>
>>90884983
Sounds cool. Snyder capable of writing good stuff so it's has pro-
>Tynion
FUCK
>>
I fucking hate that they think ANYONE gives a fuck about Jim Lee pencils anymore. But not as much as I hate that trade waiting normies have tweeted enough that I have to deal with more of Snyder's garbage.

The dude fucking sucks. Why does anyone like him? He writes batman as if he never falls asleep and when he does he wakes up to nuclear waste, fear toxin and joker with a scalpel to his own cheek.
>>
>>90885947
The event is rumored (not sure if it was confirmed) to be related to Nth metal, so it probably also ties into the end of Death of Hawkman as well.
>>
>>90885014
I'm all in for artists collaborating with writers on story beats (like Capullo did on Batman), but for God's sake, don't let them write (see: Hitch's JL, Kubert's Damian series, Hawkman by Tan, anything Liefeld ever wrote, anything by Tony Daniel etc.)
>>
>>90885531
After Memetic, I'm not reading them.

Seriously, that book is fucking awful. What a waste of paper.
>>
>>90886010
I assume it'll be Nth Metal powered Despero coming to fuck shit up after he survived
>>
>>90885997
what the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>90885997
It's not difficult. The shit fit already happened. Just write the fanfiction, say fuck it, and move on.

Flash meets Manhattan he says it was not nice to do so, flash yells about love, manhattan is autistic and doesn't understand, batman shows up in a metal suit and says something "cool". Superman shows up and double fist spears manhattan who sends him into a dimension by himself. superman goes and does cool things with PRIME TIME and the rest try to find him.

The league gets jobbed (not really its the Doc after all) between batman's line and supermans sperg.
>>
>>90886045
The Watchmen stuff in Rebirth. They decided "O lets do watchmen" before actually doing a story of any kind. Johns essentially has no idea what's going on there.
But really Johns is too busy doing hookers and blow with Zak Snyder to write a comic right now
>>
>>90885890
Lark isn't Duke's name anymore. Editors told Snyder that name wouldn't be big enough for a solo title so they are coming up with a new name.
>>
>>90885977
>>90885997
They said from the start it'd be 2 years before Rebirth is resolved

>>90886008
Snyder writes Batman as an action film. That's why there's so little breathing space.
Literally everyone of his arcs has the structure and pacing of a movie
>>
>>90884983
>Another dark Bat-future

Not feeling it already.
>>
>>90885989
Well, I don't think it's a bad idea if they did it with the monthlies because they really needs the boost.
>>
>>90886070
>2 years before Rebirth is resolved
Isn't it the 1st anniversary in May or June?
>>
>>90886070
He's begging for an adaptation I'm sure
"SEE MY NAME'S SNYDER TOO, WE'RE LIKE LONG LOST BROTHERS HAHA"
Though while I'm not a huge fan of his Batman, Court of Owls could make a pretty good movie.
>>
>>90886070
But the pacing is more like that of a TV edited movie. He just wants to hit the anti-climax and climax along with a second climax. And then he looks at Capullos incredible art and decides "that thing in the background? We'll base a story off of it so they think we planned everything."
>>
>Snyders Bat additions to the BatMythos are all named after birds
>Lark
>Bluebird
>Nth Metal is a focus of the event

I feel pretty retarded for not realising that Hawkman would tie into this. I wonder if they'll reintroduce classic Hawkman before or after this since Karters dead.

>>90886095
June, we'll be getting The Button just before
>>
>>90886065
Are you retarded?
Johns is the master of plotting long-term myteries and storylines. He did the same before Infinite Crisis, Sinestro Corps War, Blackest Night etc. Say what you want about his characterization or dialogue (which I agree are quite dull), he can lay out a line-wide event pretty well.
>>
>>90885637
>marvel events
>start promising
Anon please
>>
>>90884983
Will this finally be a Batman becomes Hitler story (instead of all those evil Superman stories) ?
>>
>>90885957
I specially remember theyre last book being a half-baked dumpster fire and the one before that was just god awful
>>
>>90886186
Nope, Batman is clearly fighting against Thangarian Batman there.
>>
>>90885049
At least someone fucking gets it
>>
>>90885060
THIS makes me excited
>>
>>90886142
>Johns is the master of plotting long-term myteries and storylines

kek

Also notice how BN was 8 years ago
>>
>>90886067

Is Duke even popular enough for a solo? Then again Batwing ran for like 40 issues so maybe the being related to Batman is enough to carry anything
>>
>>90886212
Fuck off Scott.
>>
>>90885637
Nah. He's got it right. DC is all about potential, planting seeds for stories that may or may not be explored in the future. Usually events have endings that feel deflated compared to their beginnings.

Marvel is a fucking cluster of bad ideas and forced drama that sucks up solo series and derails current plot lines in favor of synergy
>>
File: Clarkson Small Car.jpg (86KB, 620x652px) Image search: [Google]
Clarkson Small Car.jpg
86KB, 620x652px
>>90886142
>Johns is the master of plotting long term storylines
Are you serious right now? His JL run is basically "dropped plot threads, the book". Darkseid War was rushed as fuck, poorly handled and poorly plotted. Those books you reference in your post are a minimum of 8 years old, not exactly a fresh resume.
>>
>>90886255
It might only get 6 issues, but they can at least try a solo.
>>
>>90886295
Man, I miss the old Top Gear.
>>
>>90886295
His Justice League run especially the issues with Lee was out of his control and by the end of his run he clearly was overwhelmed by his duties at DCE.
>>
>>90886295
Darkseid War was heavily decompressed with almost nothing happening in each individual issue and rushed, quite a feat.
>>
>>90886351
What duties?
>>
>>90886280
I'm still salty about how shitty Brightest Day was after Blackest Night's 'seeds' (and then the New 52 fucked up even more shit)
But yeah, you are unto something
>>
>>90886335
The Grand Tour was good.
>>
>>90886360
Kek, completely agreed.
>nothing happens for 22 pages
>OSHIT SOMETHING BIG HAPPENS AND ADVANCES THE PLOT
>>
>>90886351
So? His duties haven't shrank, if he couldn't hand a singular book then, why will he be able to deliver on one later?
>lee issues were out of his control. Literally just the first arc was phoned in/written by Lee
>>
>>90886201
What's a Thanagarian Batman?
>>
>>90886295
It mustn't have been easy trying to do anything in a fucking JL title while there were constant editorial fuck-ups with the New 52, art delays (by Lee, Finch AND Fabok), while trying to push Cyborg, and throwing out the entire history of the DC Universe
Want a more recent example? Rise of the Third Army/Wrath of the First Lantern
Both had nice build-up thru multiple ongoings, and felt cohesive as a whole (sure, there were some shit individual issues, but what do you expect from Bedard and modern Milligan?)
>>
>>90886201
That big statue. It's Batman in a Nth Metal version of his costume
>>
>>90885977
They'll tackle that stuff next year
>>
>>90886351
>His Justice League run especially the issues with Lee was out of his control

Bullshit. You had ben saying this for years and you neve had evidence. You are just a retarded fanboy.

Johns will make something even worst than Darkseid War, he is a hadless chicken.
>>
>>90886527
Johns wrote zero of those issues.
>>
>>90886573
He wrote the GL issues and the other writers were working from plots he was feeding them
>>
>>90886543
>>90886503
>>
>>90886392
Shill a cyborg movie that ended killing the flash movie, do a terrible Batman script that was considered trash, by consultant and writer for the wondy movie, a character he never care about that he just starting reading in 2014.
>>
>>90886610

Big ideas man
>>
so anyone know if we get solicits today?
>>
>>90886842
I think so.
>>
Anyone else just not appeased at all by this?
I mean this shit about Lee wanting to push artists to the forefront of storytelling sure looks like Lee getting butthurt over his New 52 baby getting completely BTFO in favor of a more familiar warm hug that is Rebirth.
>>
>>90886610
>He wrote the GL issues and the other writers were working from plots he was feeding them

Remember darkseid war and how the only good part was done by guys other than Johns?
>>
>>90886872
So you are saying Johns' concepts + capable writers = good comics?
It's nice then that some of those guys are working on the Rebirth mystery
>>
Duke ? No thanks.
>>
>>90884983
>Scott Snyder and James Tynion IV
urg .
>>
File: 1488161117631.jpg (71KB, 692x390px) Image search: [Google]
1488161117631.jpg
71KB, 692x390px
>It's a "/co/ whines about bat books again" episode
>>
If Duke is the main focus, odds are I won't be reading it, especially since I don't much care for Snyder as a writer.
>>
>>90884983
>More Batman

Yaaaawwwwn
>>
>>90885637
He is right. Marvel starts and ends like shit.
>>
Snyder and Tynion are penning it: And my interest in this event just tanked.
>>
>>90886842
I thought it was Marvel today and DC tomorrow.
>>
>>90886842
Yeah at 5pm EST
>>
>>90884983
>all those corpses tied to the statue's legs

fuck, this is gonna be dark
with all the metal shit going on, anyone else hoping for some Will Magnus?
>>
>>90884983
Trump is now Batman .
>>
the focus on Duke, the complete absence of any Bat-Family...
>>
>>90885375
>Gives me hope we'll have a real, classic event where heroes fight a common enemy.

They will. Snyder already said superheroes won't be fighting superheroes.
>>
>>90885439
I find him a lot better than mediocre hacks like Williamson and dogfucker.
>>
So this is a DCU event though right...that means Superman, Wonder Woman, and the Rest of the Justice League will be there right?
>>
>>90886401
Eat a cock, Brightest Days was really solid and it got fucked by Flashpoint
>>
>>90887561
Just Duke.
>>
>>90885977
Manhattan is for 2017. They already said a long time ago that Rebirth was a 2 year long plan.
>>
>>90887249

The last Batman megaevent was back in 2003
>>
>>90887561
Please no.
Let the Bat world burn.
>>
>>90887591
Fuck, I meant 2018.
>>
>>90887575
>Brightest Days was really solid

It was shit.
>>
>>90887596
What was that?
>>
>>90887561
Dark Days leads to Snyder and Capullo's summer event.

https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/843835252451741697
>>
>>90887618
War Games
>>
>>90887549
He is literally a mediocre hack.

Seriously, go read Memetic. I dare you.
Nobody with any talent would write such an un-story with a straight face. It's pure regurgitated bile painted in a glossy "currently culturally trendy" finish.

I mean, if your final page is gonna be "And then Childhood's End happens," at least DO SOMETHING with it.
>>
>>90887618
I was wrong, Last Laugh was back in 2001, fuck im old.
>>
>>90887645
So by Megaevent you mean something encompassing all BatBooks for a long term status quo?
>>
>>90884998
>Literally begins at the dawn of man.

Will this tie back to Bruce being sent to Anthro's time in Final Crisis.
>>
I saw the creative teams and noted the only hero named was Batman, and I've already parked this in the 'don't really care' garage.
>>
the only thing I care about is if they'll let the ongoings be and make separate tie ins I don't have to read
>>
>>90887700
>Final Crisis
>ever being referenced

LMAO
>>
File: Dark_Days.png (41KB, 580x375px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Days.png
41KB, 580x375px
It's not grimdark, and Dark Days is the name of the lead-up, not the title of the event.
>>
>>90885007
seven. we had seven.
>>
>>90886572
And the only thing YOU ever have is "B-but Nu52 Justice League tho!" in spite of Geoff writing all the companies best fucking books for like 10 years straight before Flashpoint happened.
>>
>>90887824
Holy hell, Rotworld, Futures End and what else?
>>
>>90887823
>Called it "Dark Days"
>Expect people to think that it's about fun

Scott didn't think this one through, did he?
>>
>>90887823
I know the summer event will include all DCU, but are the Dark Days going to be Batman verse exclusive or is it going to include everyone too?
>>
>>90887893
We don't know.
>>
>>90887823
Remember when we thought the Monster Men event going to be fun?
>>
File: 1478881805511.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1478881805511.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>90887875
>the companies best fucking books for like 10 years straight before Flashpoint happened.
>Johnsfags are this delusional
>>
Alright, who did it?
You went right past the gold puzzle box and the cute little fury guy in the cage straight to the monkey's paw.
Which one of you cocksuckers did it?
When anons asked "why hasn't there been a 'Batman goes full killtard' story I was glad nobody had plucked that low hanging fruit. Superman has injustice and red sun and the world where he's literally champion of a nazi utopia. Batman? Well Batdad, kinda.
Then one of you pseudo-batfag edgy 13 year old sonsabitchs picked up the fucking paw and made a fucking whish.
Fuck.
I never asked for this.
>>
File: 1488744812312.jpg (10KB, 296x170px) Image search: [Google]
1488744812312.jpg
10KB, 296x170px
Snyder fucking blows. Completely disinterested, and i'm digging Rebirth.
>>
File: 1446329016061.jpg (74KB, 202x232px) Image search: [Google]
1446329016061.jpg
74KB, 202x232px
>>90887875
>all the companies best fucking books
>>
>>90887875
>"B-but Nu52 Justice League tho!"
Was good to great aside from that 1 horrible Diana vs Hal moment.
>>
>>90887921
IDK Batman wearing Clayface like a Jake Suit and beating the fuck out of Strange was pretty fun.
>>
If the BatFam come out of this stronger as opposed to "oh no how can we trust Bruce anymore" which is immediately forgotten by every other writer I will be proud of Snyder

>>90887921
The premise of it was "fun" in the sense it was Batman fighting giant monsters, but it was written quite boring/badly.
>>
>>90887875
>in spite of Geoff writing all the companies best fucking books for like 10 years straight

But that is false. And more important, i'm not not the one saying outright lies. Johns wrote origins and the rest of the books he did with Lee, you have no reason to think otherwise and Johns has never sugested he didnt wrote it.

Johns is mediocre in general, ignorant and really not fit for his job as president, CCO, editor, consultant, writer in the DCEU or excutive, he lacks at least a 3 fdigits IQ
>>
>>90888023
>If the BatFam come out of this stronger as opposed to "oh no how can we trust Bruce anymore" which is immediately forgotten by every other writer I will be proud of Snyder

His history proves otherwise
>>
File: grail being a badazz j.jpg (1MB, 2018x1536px) Image search: [Google]
grail being a badazz j.jpg
1MB, 2018x1536px
>>90887994
>Was good to great aside from that 1 horrible Diana vs Hal moment.

Fucking Johnsfags
>>
>>90886079

Did that series about everyone getting turned into a robot zombie in the future ever fucking go anywhere? Batman Beyond travels back in time to stop Mr Terrific from accidentally jump starting the apocalypse and fucking dozens of issues in we get a Batman/Joker amalgam and then I stopped caring.

Seriously, did that series ever conclude?
>>
>>90888057
His history also makes me wonder how the Joker will end up being wormed into this event
>>
>>90888023
>but it was written quite boring/badly

And we were promised giant robots in an interview, and those never appeared in the story. It was a bummer.
>>
>>90888117
I guess they meant those weird tower things that weren't really bots
>>
>>90886079
>>Another dark Bat-future

This

>Whoaa, Batman's drastic ways led to dystopian future, really makes me think!
>>
>>90888093
Grail was fucking badass & sexy as fuck.
>Johnsfags
Not really, I am indifferent to Earth One.
>>
>>90887922
>>90887978
>>90888035
>what is JSA
>what is Green Lantern
>what is Action Comics
>what is Flash
>what is Hawkman

During that period, they were easily among the best DC comics
>>
>>90888102
yeah. the big bad was braniac and it led to convergence
>>
>>90884983
The Batman is Duke says reddit.
>>
>>90888195
He's ok, Jurgens level of fine, but not nearly the best, especially as you had Morrison doing sublime work on Batman, Superman, Final Crisis.

But whatever, if you like him that's cool, he's way, way better than Snyder at least. Edgy concepts and artless obvious exposition.
>>
>>90888209
Big Statue Batman or Regular Sized Batman?
>>
>>90888233
>Regular Sized Batman is Duke.
>>
>>90885818
>I honestly hate Snyder. I see him as Batman's Slott.
This.
Snyder loves to write Batman one-shoting the entire JL and then pats himself on the back for giving the fans what they wanted.
Then I have to listen to superfags and wally fags bitch about how stupid it is and I can't tell them they're wrong.
>>
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/20/future-batman-dark-days-scott-snyder-jim-lee-james-tynion-iv-andy-kubert-john-romita-jr-june-2017-dc-comics/

“Art like this demands an epic story,” says Snyder. “DARK DAYS posits a mystery that traces all the way back to when I started on BATMAN. I’ve hinted at them over the years with Easter eggs and clues. This is a mystery that literally begins at the dawn of man and spans generations of heroes and villains and ultimately leads to huge revelations about the past, present and future of the cosmology of DC. I couldn’t be more excited for DARK DAYS. It’s the prelude to the event we’ve been developing for years.”
>>
if snyder is in charge, its a safe bet batman will be tortured, alfred will be maimed, and snyder will pat himself on the back.
>>
>>90888365
Oh, hi tylerkennedy
>>
>>90888324
that's already in the OP Rich
>>
>>90888117
We got Clayface as a giant mech suit and turrets the size of buildings. I was satisfied.
>>
When we getting solicits for June
>>
>>90888426
Should be 5 pm today.
>>
>>90888453
Good
Can't wait to see more if that sext aquaman art
>>
>>90884983
>Batman
Dropped.
>>
>>90885060

>I don’t want it to be grim. I don’t want it to be superheroes arguing over something. Superheroes won’t be fighting superheroes.

My God... Is it possible? Can a Snyder learn from failure?
>>
>>90888673
Snyder never wrote Superheroes fighting Superheroes though
>>
>>90888694
>What is the first 2 issues of batman endgame.
>>
>>90888886
Batman fighting mind controlled people
>>
>>90888209
That's racist.
>>
>>90889155
Doesn't matter.
>>
>>90884998
snyder taking another page from morrison's playbook.
>>
>>90884983
Is Tynion the new Lobdell?
>writes shitty teambooks with longwinded exposition and cardboard cutout characterizations
>keeps getting work because he's friends with higher-ups
>gets put on big DC events
>batfamily fags keep defending him because he shills their pet robin
>>
>>90889423
When was Lobdell put on big events? And he is actually good at writing team books and only TT was clusterfunk.
>>
>>90889423
Tynion only started comics with the new 52 though, so at least he has had time to improve and he certainly has based on detective comics. I liked this way of DC getting new writers.
>>
>no creators I care about
>sounds like Batshit

nah I'm good
>>
>>90889421
Absolutely, and that's why I'm sure there will be a Duke as Batman.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170320-124855.jpg (67KB, 700x654px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170320-124855.jpg
67KB, 700x654px
>>
>>90889956
H-hyper crisis? Then again it's King that Seeley is close with.
>>
>>90889956
The madman
>>
>event
>Batman event
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>90884998
So what's the Mystery posited from the start of Snyder's Batman?
And is it his nu52 Bats or DetCom with Dickbats?
>>
>>90890287
Owl garbage.
>>
Why can't we ever see the happy ending timeline?
>>
>>90889559
superman doomed
convergence
>>
please no more harper row.
>>
>>90890426
Superman doomed wasn't a big event and didn't he only do the Blue Beetle issue in convergence which was actually good?
>>
>>90890426
You mean the H'el thing

Doomed was Pak not Lobdell.
>>
>>90889292
Damn you funfags want everything to be fucking safe and smiles all the time. NO DRAMA ALLOWED.
>>
>>90886035
the rumor going around is Batman gets Nth Metal and starts using it, so this is about the nightmare future of what if Batman had superpowers
>>
So Duke as Batman, Harper Row pivotal role, possibly saving the world. Nightwing jobs, revealed as more owl bullshit.
>>
https://twitter.com/HackinTimSeeley/status/843881858052034560
The people think the evil batman is tim ??
>>
>>90885375
JRJR has been killing it recently
>>
File: IMG_0049.jpg (230KB, 625x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0049.jpg
230KB, 625x960px
Hm, sounds familiar. Almost like Snyder copies everything Morrison has done.

Court of Owls = Black Glove
Death of the Family = Batman RIP
Superheavy = Batman and Robin
This Shit = Return of Bruce Wayne and Batman Inc
>>
>>90890744
Yup.
>>
>>90890744
pathetic

Rebirth has been fine, while Snyder plays in his own little sandbox. This is a step back.
>>
>>90890796
Rebirth has been good, in my opinion. King tells a story about cycles in Batman, Rucka makes a coherent WW series, and Superman has been good too.

I dislike Snyder because he seems like a fanfic writer who is just trying to do his version of Morrison's stories. He seems genuine and has some good ideas, but he misunderstands the character and blatantly rips off previous works.
>>
>>90890838
I actually think Snyder is doing a better job on All Star than King is doing on Batman.
>>
>>90890552
No, its just that youre pretending Snyder didnt pit heroes against heroes, even if brainwashed, its still heroes vs heroes.
>>
So, this garbage isn't going to effect the main Batman book or detective comics, will it? I hope not
>>
>>90885368
>>90885320
Snyders are usually hacks it seems
>>
>>90890881
I hate the way he writes Batman. With King, I feel like this is the Batman who experienced all events, just like Morrison's. This is a man in a struggle against trauma and grief.

With Snyder, I see his version of Batman. Which is fine, but I think it gets the character wrong. There's no theme or message other than "Batman is awesome". And that's just my opinion, I don't want to say you're wrong for liking it; it just so happens I don't.
>>
>>90890909
Who cares if did affect them? They both are clusterfunk.
>>
>>90890959
I'd rather not have to pay for some shirts event done by a hack writer is all, I left Marvel to get away from that crap. If Snyder does some how infect the two books I'll be promptly dropping them like I did with Detective Comics for Batwoman Begins. I made a vow to never again buy a comic written by either Snyder or Bendis and I mean to keep it.
>>
>>90890945
One of the things that I absolutely hates about King's run is the way he characterize Batman. He actually made me almost hates Bruce and he is one of my favorites.

Snyder has his fair share of problems, but I never hated his characterization of Batman.
>>
>>90890945
>With King, I feel like this is the Batman who experienced all events, just like Morrison's. This is a man in a struggle against trauma and grief.
>With Snyder, I see his version of Batman.

Well said.
>>
>>90890945
>There's no theme or message other than "Batman is awesome".

Whut? You can hate Snyder all you want, but his arcs each had themes around them that he wouldn't stop shoving in your face with Joker or Riddler doing paragraph long dialogues about it.
>>
>>90890945
>There's no theme or message other than "Batman is awesome"
The funny thing about this post is that what King is currently doing with Batman.

>>90891157
>You can hate Snyder all you want, but his arcs each had themes around them
This.
>>
>Nth metal
>future
>involving the whole DC universe
The Legion hints can't be building up towards this, right?
>>
>>90887824
Are you serious?!
>>
>>90891157
(not that anon)

And they were still ultimately empty.

>Here's what this is about! Get it!?

No, Scott. Just saying it doesnt actually give it depth.
>>
>>90891280
If it was Legion it would be inertron not nth metal
>>
>>90891328
But their rings use valorium, an alloy that (usually) includes nth metal.
>>
>>90891368
damn I need a chart for all these made up materials
>>
>>90885989
September*
but yeah, that'd be cool.
>>
>>90890881
What are you enjoying about All Star? I'd say it's probably Snyder's weakest series so far. I'd put even King's weakest arc (I Am Suicide) above it, and consider the rest of the run much better.
>>
>>90891668
Weak bait.
>>
>>90892048
this, anything but compete and total admiration is a ploy
>>
>>90884983
This is going to be truly awful.
>>
>>90886351

>Nothing that goes wrong is ever Johns' fault

It's this blind trust that's going to fuck us all.
>>
>>90884983
Please don't be a re-launch.
>>
>>90892882
Well, to be fair, all of his books before Brightest Day were pretty much at the same level; love him or hate him, there were no obvious big stinkers
But during BD his writing quality (particularly BD and his short-lived Flash run) noticeably went down, which I can't help but think was due to the lead-up to Flashpoint and the clusterfuck of the New 52
His Aquaman and post-N52 GL was still going strong, but JL had problems from the start
My theory is that it's because he writes best when continuing from an established mythology and continuity, which the N52 JL had none of (note that Aquaman and GL pretty much continued like nothing happened)
On the other hand, while reading the Rebirth Special, I felt that it was a return of form (and the spirit of pre-N52 DC)
If Rebirth continues in this spirit, we are in for a good time
>>
>>90891157
they weren't themes, they were gimmicks.
>>
>>90893537
this

>THE BAT FAMILY WILL BE CHANGED FOREVARRRR

wow, it's less than nothing
>>
File: Back The Fuck Up Son.jpg (44KB, 604x474px) Image search: [Google]
Back The Fuck Up Son.jpg
44KB, 604x474px
>>90884998
>This is a mystery that literally begins at the dawn of man and spans generations of heroes and villains and ultimately leads to huge revelations about the past, present and future of the cosmology of DC
Oh my fuck, why does his retard keep stealing from Morrison? Why has no one called him out on this?
>>
>>90895132
>Implying literally all human begins don't steal from others to write their stories
>Implying Morrison has been the first one to do something about this
>Implying something as generic and unspecific as "mystery that begins at the dawn of man and spans generations" is the same as stealing from Morrison
>>
>>90885921
It was a bad dream caused by scarecrows Cassandra toxin during Endgame not a glimpse into the future
>>
>>90888209
Seems like a future worth changing.
>>
>>90896925
Cassandra saw into the future.
>>
>>90890691
His Suicide Squad was awful
>>
>>90887790
It was referenced in Tomasi's B&R.
>>
>>90892048
Can you not explain why you enjoy something?
Thread posts: 228
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.