[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>There's literally not a single thread about Adventure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 405
Thread images: 30

File: Screenshot00092.png (577KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot00092.png
577KB, 1280x720px
>There's literally not a single thread about Adventure Time
I don't get it, what happened? This show is still on for Christ's sake and you people used to love it.
I was looking for this shows sug rocks to download season 6, and I realized that I can't remember the last time I saw an Adventure Time general. I must have been shitposting about Man of Steel around that time.
So what the fuck happened?
>>
>>90875219
>I don't get it, what happened?

we're one hiatus
>>
>>90875219
It became shit (well, SHITTIER) and most of the fandom has moved on to better things (like Steven Universe)
>>
>>90875219
There have been quite a few adventure time threads recently, but there's not a lot to discuss right now.

>>90875272
>like Steven Universe
thanks, I legitimately laughed out loud.
>>
>>90875219
We were talking about it like crazy during/after Islands. Now we're just sitting around waiting until more new episodes start in June.
>>
>>90875219
we're waiting for it to end. It just ended on a really good arc that explained a lot of things. There's not much to discuss now that things are finally wrapping up.
>>
>>90875314
Yup, I like Steven Universe more but Adventure Time is the better series.
>>
>>90875272
Your correct that the fandom has moved on for the most part.

Your wrong about SU being gud tho
>>
>>90875383
SU was pretty decent in the first season, but now it's terrible.
>>
>>90875460
I would argue 2 was the best, 3 was okay, and 4 is HORRIBLE
1A was whatever and 1B was brity gud
>>
>>90875219
I think the biggest issue is just that it's really fucking old.
It's gonna be 7 years old in a month, that's a real long fucking time man. Even if you still like it (which I do, love the show) most people can't remain interested for that amount of time, after being invested for like 2 or 3 years you stop caring and move on to other things. I believe that's what wiped out the AT fanbase the most, it's just hard to care about something so consistently.

I still like the show and though I'm sad it's ending soon I think it's for the best, been so tremendously long that it's good to go out when some people still care about it.
>>
>>90875219
I'm just glad that the series is wrapping itself up, hopefully they can conclude it tidily. Let it go out with grace, cementing itself as a phenomenal cartoon.
>>
>>90875532
I can respect that. Sworn to the Sword might even be my favourite episode.
>>
>>90875570
This pretty much.
>>
>>90875219
we're on hiatus stupid
>>
>>90875219
1) too much hiatus (could be wrong but it felt like this to me)

2) I hated how Finn started developing as a person and then regressed. I was really hoping AT would finish and Finn would have developed possibly even into a young man. I mean AT was pretty unique in having a protagonist who was aging.

3) could not give a shit about the lore anymore. They revealed way too much and it did not live up to expectations. Finns mom and his origin story (not to mention Gunther and Finn being a god... thing)
>>
>>90876484
Oops didn't finished my though. His parent and origin story kind of fell flat.
>>
>>90876505
>Not liking Min and Marty
Please leave
>>
>>90876505
Also Marcelines vampire origin. And then not letting Finn be with someone. The huntress wizard episode was basically a slap in the face
>>
>>90876646
>Not liking Min and Marty OR Flute Spell
Okay, yeah, you really have to leave now.
>>
>>90875219
i just remember all the art we got over the years
i never watched the show, but i appreciated all the huge tits art that came out of it
>>
>>90875219
season rot. a fundamental inevitability. Some rot quickly, some take a while. But all shows get shitty and everyone stops watching
>>
>>90875570
Keep something too long and it will become Spongebob or the Simpsons, with the small amount of people who still give a fuck about it also bitch about how good it used to be.
Hell this shows pretty much already there, I want it to end so people will remember it fondly.
>>
>>90875219
>what the fuck happened?
/co/ hates it now so those of us who like it can't discuss it
>>
>>90876754
you say that, but the times when it has happened, it has only happened because the crew was replaced.
>>
>>90875219
I'm currently watching the show for the first time and am currently on season 6. Hate I didn't get into the show sooner.
>>
>>90877287
That stinks dude, you missed the highlights.
You could dig down archived stuff from when episodes were first airing to help ease the sting a bit, that's what I did with anything I wasn't there for.
>>
>>90875219
>So what the fuck happened?
It has been going on for almost 7 years
AT is stale at this point and I'm glad CN is pulling the plug before it becomes the new Simpsons
>>
>air Islands in January
>it's so good that even people who gave up on the series come back to it
>don't air any more episodes until June
>show Orbs at an event in Australia despite the fact that it directly follows on from Islands, which hasn't aired in Australia yet
>>
I miss when cartoons aired regularly on Sat/Sun.

Fuck Hiatus's, and also fuck nu-programming schedules that Europe started where they do like 3 eps, then take 6 months break in between eps. Literally cancer.
>>
>>90875219
>This show is still on for Christ's sake and you people used to love it.
Yeah and then it got bad. That's what happens when you stop giving a fuck about your show and fall back on "WOAH, IT'S THE SPACE MUFFIN AMULET OF AWESOMENESS/*forced slang*/vague hint at emotional depth or actual plot" for a few years.
>>
The shows quality just nosedived around the time Flame Princess came around. Haven't watched anything of it in years, but I heard Islands was really good so tuned back in. If the quality stays the same as that mini-series, I'll start watching regularly again.
>>
>>90880072
Seriously, you need to catch up on the rest. Trust me. Season 7 was ace.
>>
>>90880049
AT never went bad as a whole. A few episodes pissed people off and they rage quit, but it's been remarkably consistent considering the 7 years it's been on.
>>
Why did Pendleton handle such few episodes? They're always the best by a long shot.
>>
>>90875250
How does production of this work anyway?
>>
>>90876646
>The huntress wizard episode was basically a slap in the face
Go to bed Jake.
>>
>>90882190
The crew works on an episode for like 9 months to a year, then they finish and CN airs them whenever the fuck they feel like.

Probably like 20 episodes are ready to show right now but CN thinks drawing them out gets better views or whatever.
>>
>>90875219
To me, it just started trying to hard to be really deep and "smart". I remember watching holly jolly secrets for the first time and holy fuck i felt some shit, since it was incredibly out of place compared to the other episodes, while having amazing character developments that really made me feel for ice king, and yet now these kind of episodes happen so much that it's just the norm, not to mention now they try to make us empathise and feel deep emotions for characters we barely know, and to me it sometimes feels like watching some art student try and write something deep about their own life, like, it's not terrible stuff, but since i don't know them i don't exactly know their struggles ect. Not to mention, fewer episodes exploring the ridiculousness of their world and it's surroundings kind of turned me off it.
>>
>>90882107
He said he got stressed and didn't like it. He quit the show by season 5.
>>
>>90882226
>The crew works on an episode for like 9 months to a year
Must be a pretty large crew.
>>
>>90882267
There's probably like 30 storyboarders/writers or something like that, then some other people who do stuff like revise boards or design characters or title cards. Then there's the legions of Koreans who do everything else.
>>
>>90882107
His season 8 ones are my favourites so far:

>High Strangeness
>Imaginary Resources
>>
They dropped the ball by introducing her. She added nothing to the show but set the course for Finn's mundane love quest.
>>
>>90882524
Correct. The show's biggest misstep. Best thing to come out of it was Dungeon Train.
>>
>>90875219

>I don't get it, what happened?

CN stopped giving a shit about the show.
>>
>>90879623
No you lost interest, how does the show go stale when you have always have new storyboarders every season? AT is ending on its own terms, CN didn't cancel it, otherwise production on season 9 would have never taken place. When the show runs for 7 years people find new shows to look foward to, the audience got bored, but that isn't the show's fault. Do you honestly believe Steven Universe is going to remain as popular as it is now? Hell I remember during summer when /sug/ went by the threads by the fucking hour. No show is going to remain super popular, not to say it will be forgotten. There haven't been any new Adventure Time threads be because we've been on a hiatus since January
>>
File: 200_s.gif (31KB, 353x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
31KB, 353x200px
>>90882250
That's bad parenting, mamma.

>>90882393
>Imaginary Resources
The future of mankind
>>
File: 1481499048949.jpg (56KB, 542x400px) Image search: [Google]
1481499048949.jpg
56KB, 542x400px
>>90876484
>Finn being a god
When will culturally illiterate faggots realize having a reincarnation is nothing fucking special or rather unique?
>>
>>90882524
I always find it funny that people think Frost and Fire ruined FP when she was always so boring that there was nothing to ruin.

But at any rate I thought the arc with Finn was alright; I disliked it while it was happening but in retrospect seeing Finn fall into that pit of despair and then claw his sorry ass out made him a more well rounded character.
>>
>>90882682
>CN didn't cancel it
Hate to break it to ya, but they did.

https://twitter.com/JackPendarvis/status/781535915160186880
>>
>>90882717
No they didn't, and who the fuck is he? Literally nobody he doesn't even storyboard episodes. If they cancelled it season 9 would have never continued being produced, because when a show is cancelled production ends. They didn't even finish outlining season 9 episodes when CN announced that AT will end in 2018. Hate to break it to you, but that guy doesn't know what he is talking about.
>>
>>90882774
Jack Pendarvis was a writer on AT for several years. They had already ordered the season before it was cancelled, and most of the crew seemed pretty bummed about it ending.
>>
>>90882774
Dude, Pendarvis was one of the somewhat bigger guys on the show, he was a writer and fucking voiced Root Beer Guy, he knows more than you do.

It wasn't so much canceled as it was preemptively ended so the creators had to finish their shit real quick then get out.
>>
>>90875219
Orgalorg happened and I realized this show has no coherent vision, the boarders just do whatever the fuck they want.

Even the worst episodes of SU don't take the characters in a new, random direction.
>>
>>90882796
>>90882804
All he does is make episode outlines, he is not the one that concerns production. Nice authoritarian fallacy btw. If Adventure Time was cancelled production would end, and would have ended months ago, they wouldn't have them start a brand new seadon.
>most of the crew was bummed out
What are they supposed to be, relieved?
>>
>>90882804
The thing I wonder is how many episodes there will be after they knew it was ending. I remember someone (osborne?) saying they had plenty of time to think about the finale, so hopefully it doesn't feel rushed.
>>
>>90882833
>If Adventure Time was cancelled production would end, and would have ended months ago, they wouldn't have them start a brand new seadon.
They already ordered season 9, and then they decided not to renew it for more episodes. It was cancelled. Why are you being so defensive about this?
>>
>>90882833
Considering that it's only like 30 episodes till the end it seems more like they just chopped the last season into 8 and 9 for some reason, they've been doing similar with lots of their shows.

And I don't know what to tell you, I trust Pendarvis more than someone on 4chan when it comes to the cartoon he worked on for like 4 years.
>>
>>90882828
I prefer animated shows that are episodic rather than following a rigid plot from episode to episode.
>>
>>90882828
>Even the worst episodes of SU don't take the characters in a new, random direction.
This fucking guy
>>
>>90882828
It took you until season 6 to realise this?
>>
>>90882857
Fucking retard it takes over a year to make an episode cancellation means the show is done, production ends. How else is CN supposed to know when the show will end if they don't ask the AT Team how many episodes are left? If the show was cancelled season 9 would have discontinued production, they hadn't even recorded voices when they announced the ending.
>>
>>90882885
You seem to think that "cancelled" mean "immediate termination".
I can accurately say that you are the fucking retard.
>>
>>90882866
>they probably just chopped up season 8 and 9
Season 8 finished production before they were even renewed for a ninth season, how does this even make any sense?
Authoritarian fallacy not an argument.
>>
>>90882901
>Authoritarian fallacy not an argument.
Not an argument.
>>
>>90882898
You seem to think a show can be cancelled despite episodes still being made.
>>
>>90882885
https://twitter.com/kentisawesome/status/756183428920283136

Season 9 was announced by Kent in July. Cancellation was announced in September. Get over it, it was cancelled, or more specifically 'not renewed', and it's not a big deal.
>>
>>90882901
Source for that? It seems real fucking weird that they would make a season be 20 episodes long or however long it is when their last three seasons were all over 40 episodes long , seems like there was some behind the scenes shit going on there.
>>
>>90882913
To quoque; fallacy fallacy; my points sti stand
>>
>>90882915
Yes, it very much can be.
Oftentimes, they'll announce that they're cancelled before the start producing more episodes than the company wants, just like in this case and many others.
>>
>>90882921
lern2interweb
https://twitter.com/samalden/status/641067300309696512
Storyboarding for season 8 began in September 2015. Season 9 wasn't even announced until Summer 2016
>>
>>90882930
No, because you don't cancel a show and still request for more episodes. This is very often confused, the network not renewing a another season is not synonymous with cancellation.
>>
>>90882956
Alright, but that still doesn't fit with how they did the episodes. No reason to go back to the 26 per season thing they haven't done in years.
This doesn't contradict my idea that CN split the season in two so it looked like there was more left of the show, they've been doing things like that with Steven Universe and Uncle Grandpa.
>>
>>90882974
>the network not renewing a another season is not synonymous with cancellation.
And why do you think that?
They're the same thing, the show is ending.
After the point set by the company, the show will no longer have episodes being made.
>>
>>90882974
They order the episodes in batches. So yes, not renewing is synonymous with cancellation.
>>
>>90882974
>you don't cancel a show and still request for more episodes.
They didn't. They already ordered them. You don't just halt production when they're already working on the season, that's not how it works.
>>
>>90882979
>this doesn't contradict
This is exactly what it does, they ordered 26 episodes and about a year later ordered more. Splitting a season would be ordering 52 episodes and then cutting the latter half calling it a new season.
>>
>>90883008
It doesn't say in that tweet that they ordered exactly 26 episodes though.
>>
>>90882983
>>90882989
>every show that ends is cancelled
This is your argument, a show can still be cancelled and still have remaining episodes aired, but you aren't even taking into consideration that episode outlines weren't even finished when CN announced the show would end.

>>90883005
>>
>>90883015
I know, it is a number made up to represent the number of episodes ordered for season 8 and 9
>>
>>90883033
So my theory could still be right, I think. Honestly I'm dumb and losing track of the argument here, but I don't see why they would have the seasons intentionally set up like that.
>>
>>90883021
And your argument is "its not cancelled even though someone who works on the show said so".

Though at this point, it's obvious you're stubbornly sticking to whatever point you think you have and I'm done.
>>
>>90883041
The network is literally going downhill; their best shows barely receive 1 million viewers on average. Animation is expensive
>>
>>90883021
I don't even understand what you're trying to say. I'm not saying the show won't get a proper conclusion, they clearly knew that it was ending before they finished production. CN decided part way through production of the final season that they would not renew it for more, why is that hard to understand?
>>
>>90883055
I guess that works. Wonder if that means there will be a sudden ending episode at the end of 8 that looks out of place since the show keeps going a little while longer, like they had to write an ending but keep the show going anyway when they got one more season.
>>
>>90883044
Yes he works on the show, no he is not involved with the show's production, ergo he is not someone you go to for answers. Even John DiMaggio gets things on production wrong, and fucking Olivia Olson didn't even know Stakes was a thing a week before voice recording.
>>
>>90883058
Which is not synonymous with cancellation, they didn't renew it for more because the show is ending.
>>
>>90883075
voice actors never know what the fuck is going on besides what they say into a microphone, suggesting an actual writer is just as clueless is retarded
>>
>>90883081
I wish I could find that tweet by one of the writers that said that they were given plenty of time to think about the finale, implying this wasn't the crew's decision, and all of the evidence thus far points to this. Stop being stubborn.
>>
>>90883081
So what?
What does it matter?
Seriously, honestly, what does a change in terminology affect?
>>
>>90883092
>someone that writes episode outlines is the be-all and end-all of the show's production
My point is you have to take into consideration of what people that work on the show even do.
>>
>>90883115
Having ample time to think about the finale does not mean their decision could not have been mutual, and it can only be mutual or not.

>>90883128
Saying the show is cancelled is spreading misinformation which I will not allow. It does not matter as long as the show gets a proper ending, which is why cancellation is dreaded--the show didn't get to finish. But people are going to use this to say
>hurr AT is shit thats why its cancelled
Which is not the case
>>
>>90883162
Look buddy, I don't want it to be cancelled either, but it very much looks like this was the case.
>It does not matter as long as the show gets a proper ending
Exactly. So don't worry so much. They were given time to plan it out at least.
>>hurr AT is shit thats why its cancelled
So? Who cares, the show will have lasted 8 years, no one can say it wasn't successful.
>>
>>90875570
>not the shitty romance
Don't d
>>
>>90883243
The shitty romance was in like all of 8 episodes out of 230, it takes more than that to obliterate a fanbase like what happened with AT.
>>
>>90883207
>but it very much looks like it is the case
Except it isn't, they hadn't even recorded any voices yet.
>>
>>90883271
>fanbase obliterated
>still have talkbacks for every episode
?????
>>
>>90883271
But it did. Whether it was Frost and Fire, Too Old or whatever is the meme ep people site it's clear a bunch of people dropped off around seasons 5 and 6.

>>90883305
Yes they have ATDrone
>>
>>90883322
I'm not saying it's completely gone but like 50 people hanging out in threads that usually take days to reach bump limit is miles away from the hype out the ass days of 2012 and 2013 man.

>>90883335
That was for a variety of reasons and not just the romance man. My initial reason of the show just going on long enough for people to tire of it is a more likely explanation for the huge loss.
>>
>>90883305
And? They told the crew they weren't renewing the show part way through production!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>90883351
Suuuuure
>>
so wait is season 9 gonna be the last season or is there no season 9?
>>
>>90883351
>takes days to reach bump limit
Nope, season 8 talkbacks reached the bump limit within 24 hours

>nowhere near the hype
The talkback with the most replies was the season 4 finale, and it still took a day or two for a 2013 thread to cap newfag
>>
>>90883374
Yes season 9 is the last season. It'll be less than 30 or so episodes i
>>
>>90883374
The rest of season 8 AND season 9 will have 30 episodes.
>>
File: 1468572414833.png (51KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
1468572414833.png
51KB, 384x313px
>>90883370
It's not like I'm tearfully making excuses man, the show did some shitty shit and made people drop it over time, but I don't think there's just one main reason that pissed everyone off and made them quit forever. That's simplifying stuff too much.

>>90883382
I've been here since Dad's Dungeon.
Wow, 1 thread reached bump limit in a day? The show's only aired like 90 episodes since season 6, what a great record they have, the show must be doing great.

And the season 4 finale was in 2012 dumbass, what I cited as the heyday of the fanbase. Thanks for proving my point?
>>
>>90883353
The show wasn't cancelled. Cancellation means production ends, you don't cancel a show when season 9 hasn't even had storyline outlines made. If AT was cancelled season 9 wouldn't have continued production that takes about a year.
>>
>>90883385
>>90883387
hope the crew was able to reach an actual decent ending point in that time

would be fucking lame if CN gave RS the send off it deserved and then just started screwing over its other shows like AT by cancelling them without real endings
>>
>>90883399
THEY ALREADY ORDERED THE EPISODES
YOU DON'T STOP PRODUCTION ONCE UNDERWAY
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>90883395
>network's hiatus is the show's fault
No, every single talkback reached the bump limit within a day. And season 5 talkback threads still took a day or two. The season 7 finale talkback thread had two threads for fuck's sake. I seriously doubt you've ever been in a talkback thread
>>
>>90883418
You do if it was cancelled
>>
>>90880476
>A few episodes pissed people off and they rage quit
Mostly shipping related stuff I guess. People like Star VS fanbase I guess.
>>
File: 1350760621454.gif (15KB, 275x300px) Image search: [Google]
1350760621454.gif
15KB, 275x300px
>>90882311
>Then there's the legions of Koreans who do everything else
>>
>>90883420
You are a silly man if you think hiatuses are the sole thing that killed AT's fanbase.

And I'm in literally every thread you retard, most of them last like two days or more unless something really interesting happens. My point was that they are a far cry from the past, because they are. There will never be anything like the threads that came with Simon and Marcy or I Remember You or Jake the Dad, even Islands didn't have nearly as much discussion because the people just are not here anymore.
>>
>>90883427
No, you don't. Those episodes were bought and paid for by CN already. If that was possible Nickelodeon would've stopped production on Korra after season 2 bombed, but it was too late.
>>
>>90883437
>shipping
Rom
>>
>>90883446
>those episodes were bought and paid for by CN
[citation needed]
The cost in making a cartoon cones from the animation, so they didn't invest much when animation didn't even take place. They couldn't animate anything without a storyboard, and that didn't come months after AT was announced to end
>>
>>90882524
>She added nothing to the show but set the course for Finn's mundane love quest
Finn was literally ruining himself with the whole PB thing. Of all seasons, S3 Finn hit rock bottom. FP was used to get him out of his crazy obsession and when the problem was solved, they got rid of her to make him learn from his mistakes and mature a bit.
>>
>>90883470
They don't pay for it as they go. Contracts would've been drawn up from the start, do you have any idea how business works?

I'm done.
>>
>>90883445
The funny thing about this is that desuarchive.org has talkbacks from 2012. So I have evidence that every talkback thread reached the bump limit within a day for season 8. Nothing personal kid. Islands didn't have live discussion because the episodes were released online a week before they aired on TV, and we had multiple threads discussing what we saw, it just wasn't live.
>>
>>90883483
>s3 Finn rock bottom
>when all he did was be a bit cringey with PB and cry
>while in s6 he was suffering from full on depression, crippled, and trying to find ant semblance of feeling by having empty relationships with any women he could
dude what
>>
>>90883489
Do you? I'm not seeing any sources to verify your claims. Animation takes money, so there was no money spent on animation if animatics weren't even sent to Korea.
>>
>>90883502
S6 Finn had real problems. S3 Finn was literally going insane over muh PB, really felt like the writers were going insane.
>>
>>90883493
The archive works again? Fucking damn I can never keep track of when that things alive or not, direct me to those things and I'll concede the argument if I'm wrong.

And even with Islands it wasn't the explosion it was in the past. People were quite pleasantly surprised it was so good and they went through a good amount of threads but even then they took a good amount of hours to die while a new one was made, it wasn't like the constant 1 after another flood of the hype shit back in the day. Though there were lots of simultaneous threads up at the same time which made me a bit nostalgic, remember when the AT fanbase always had like 5 threads up all the time? Fucking annoying bastards we were.
>>
>>90883521
>>90883483
>shitting on muh ship
I'll fight you
>>
>>90883541
>this one fag who thinks people just calmly discussing things that happened in the show is ship hate
You are annoying, your ship is shit, and it's been dead for like 4 years, fuck off homo
>>
>>90883511
They'd committed to paying for the animation already. There will be a contract. Explain to me why Nickelodeon didn't just stop payment on Korra after season 2.
>>
>>90883541
It's becoming more and more obvious that people who claim that AT problems suddenly came with FP are those PB shippers.

Enjoy your dyke, retard.
>>
>>90883554
>>90883566
Enjoy your GRASSED
>>
>>90883577
I will because I'm not a nerd who is unhealthily invested in the romantic relationships of cartoon characters friendo
>>
>>90883530
>Islands wasn't as explosive
For one it wasn't a new big thing "look guys we're doing another mini-series." And it we all watched it alone from iTunes rips.
2013 Talkbacks
https://desuarchive.org/co/search/subject/Adventure%20Time%20Talkback/start/2013-01-01/end/2013-12-31/
Most recent talkback
https://desuarchive.org/co/search/subject/Adventure%20Time%20Talkback/
>>
>>90883596
Don't call me friendo, buddy and yes you are
>>
>>90883558
>they paid for the animation
>nothing has even been animated yet
[citation needed]
Because the show would continue for 4 seasons? LoK is the type of show with an ending planned from the start.
>>
>>90883612
Well, maybe I am buddy pal of mine, but not in the romantic sense at least
>>
>>90883566
I like bubbline, and FP was a shit character.
>>
>>90883615
>Because the show would continue for 4 seasons?
And why is that?
>>
File: 1470122718096.png (149KB, 640x398px) Image search: [Google]
1470122718096.png
149KB, 640x398px
>>90883622
>i like bubbline
patrician taste
>>
>>90883601
>Oh great, another forced "adventuring" episode. Why can't they just stick to the main premise and just develop relationships all the time?
What a bunch of cheeky fuckers
>>
>>90875219
>There's literally not a single thread about Adventure Time
And here you went and ruined that
Faggot
>>
>>90883638
>LoK is the type of show that has an ending planned from the start
>>
>>90883643
Worst taste
>>
>>90883615
>>90883657
>LoK is the type of show with an ending planned from the start.

Are we talking about the same LoK, because the one I saw had a different setting and villain every season because Nickelodean was never confident enough to give them more than one season at a time to do what they wanted to do.

Constantly being unsure if your show will even continue next season doesn't allow you to plan everything down to the letter.
>>
>>90883657
No, the answer is because Nickelodeon greenlit the show for 3 more seasons. If they had only greenlit 2 more, then they would've only made 2 more. If the show had been super successful, then they might've ordered even more seasons.
>>
>>90883683
What does this have to do with anything? Get to your point
>>
File: 5uLnr0w.jpg (34KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
5uLnr0w.jpg
34KB, 500x441px
>>90883643
I'm pretty sure it's always the same 3 of us who ship these two.
>>
>>90883724
The ending isn't planned from the start if the creators have no idea how long their show is going on for, dummy.
>>
File: 1449073908966.jpg (45KB, 452x553px) Image search: [Google]
1449073908966.jpg
45KB, 452x553px
>>90883577
>Enjoy your GRASSED

I will riot
>>
>>90883709
My point is, Korra bombed in season 2, and if Nickelodeon could've stopped production on season 4, then they would have. But they already greenlit them, so they couldn't.

The network decides how many episodes a show gets, not the crew.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 500x441px
>w-why did Adventure Time become irrelevant
because it eventually became worse over time and became 2deep4you lore garbage
because of the shitty romance drama in seasons 3 and 4
because the people who got people to love the show had left to work on other shows

that's why
>>
>>90883577
Stupid shipper is indeed stupid.
>>
>>90883470
Adam Muto himself said that the show was cancelled.
>>
>>90883622
>I like dykes
>not dyke character is shit

At least try.
>>
>>90883918
[citation needed]
>>
I stopped watching for a while. I recently tried to watch Season 6, but holy shit, it was just so bad.

Does it get better? Are there any must-watch episodes in S6 or S7?
>>
>>90883908
Sweet, sweet grass will always be with you anon

Fern >>>>>>>>>>>>> dogshit >>>>>> Finn

nobody can prove me wrong
>>
>>90883918
I'm still amazed that the show ended up running for so long.
>>
>>90883831
Yes, but a show cannot run if they do not want to, so there are at times mutual decisions to end.
>>
>>90883968
Depends what you find so bad about season 6 I think
>>
>>90883968
Was S6 really this bad? I don't remember being much offended.
>>
File: 1481418640434.jpg (268KB, 596x1055px) Image search: [Google]
1481418640434.jpg
268KB, 596x1055px
>>90883905
>the 3 episodes in season 6 that try to be deep but fall flat make the entire series 2deep4u
Why do people like you exist?
>>
>>90883986
>>90883996
It was boring as fuck and there was virtually no humor for the first dozen episodes that I watched. It didn't have any of the humor that made it fun in the first place, and it didn't have any of the interesting lore or character interactions that kept it interesting after it stopped being funny. So it was just bland as shit.
>>
>>90883926
I also want Huntress Wizard to end up with Finn. I'm just making a point that it's not only Fubblefags who didn't like FP.
>>
>>90883996
No it wasn't, it was just subpar. There are multiple great episodes in season 6: Wake Up, Escape from the Citadel, The Tower, Jermain, Dark Purple, Friends Forever. Those are the ones I can name off the top of my head.
>>
>>90883998
the entire later series is buried in shitty lore
>>
>>90884028
This isn't even remotely true.
>>
>>90884017
>no lore
Good riddance, lore fags leaving was the best thing that happened to the fandom
>>
>>90884017
Don't worry anon if you don't like the newer seasons as much you're just an autistic manchild who can't possibly comprehend such powerful feels and storytelling.
>>
>>90884021
>I also want Huntress Wizard to end up with Finn
HW herself vetoed it because being a special snowflake actually requires some work.
>>
>>90884021
Well I liked FP and nice blanket generalization.
>>
>>90884038
>a show can't have any backstory or worldbuilding at all

Drink some bleach. Lore is great when it adds to the experience. Shows like AT only fail when they make lore the entire focus and forget that they need to make the show funny.
>>
>>90883968
S7 is about as good as season 4; better than 5 and 6. S8 is still going on but I'm unsure where to rank it until it's over
>>
>>90884060
I was referring to the point they made.
>>
>>90884061
AT's "lore" is just world building from how I see it. S6 just didn't have anything really significant happen
>>
File: cute dino.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cute dino.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>90884025
I'll never stop enjoying Evergreen.
>>
>>90884017
I can understand that; feel like there are some good stuff in season 6 and I think 7 is good but my definitions probably conflict with your definitions and stuff. Not sure the show is for you anymore man.
>>
>>90884061
>Shows like AT only fail when they make lore the entire focus
What is this revisionist history? Lore has had very little focus in the show. And when they do focus on it, it's usually good (e.g. Evergreen).
>>
>>90884061
AT only fails when it gets dull and boring. Or Cinnamon Bun.
>>
>>90884052
She's stalking Finn. There is a chance.
>>
>>90883963
>When the writers found out that Cartoon Network had canceled ā€œAdventure Timeā€ last fall, they rejiggled the eight-part installment, pushing it to a later date so they had more time to think it through. As we got farther along, and Finn got older, it felt inevitable that he would be thinking about the question of his origin and pursue answers if he had the chance, showrunner Adam Muto said via email.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/02/adventure-time-ending-cartoon-network-1201785332/
>>
>>90884118
Finn also stalked PB. HW is Too Old just like PB.
>>
>>90884145
You'll see.
>>
>>90884145

RIP loligum

She was legal.
>>
>>90884118
Why hasn't anyone made yandere HW fanart yet is what befuddles me.
>>
>>90884166
I never knew I wanted this.
>>
>>90884159
See Fern?
>>
>>90884176
Yeah, now that I've said I'm thinking about requesting it.
>>
>>90884159
As a fubblefag who supported Finnceline, Finn and Canyon, and Flinn you guys are a train waiting to crash. She's getting with Fern.

>>90884166
Too busy drawing lesbians senpai.

>>90884164
Best gum indeed anon ;_;
>>
>>90884166
>yandere HW

I think there was a fanart of HW ready to fire an arrow on PB. There was also a photo of Finn with "do with for him" scribbled on it.
>>
>>90884137
>Eric Khon
He is mistaken, it isn't cancelled
>>
>>90884214
>Finnceline, Finn and Canyon
lol, those are crackships. Fintress has a very real chance of happening.
>>
>>90884085
hope you were stoked when Gunty showed up in Broke His Crown
>>
>>90884239
C'mon son I know we're near the end of the show but pairing Finn with HW would be a fuck you to all the reasons they gave why Finn shouldn't be with PB (Baggage, age, maturity, mentality, etc)

It would be lazy as shit and most of all a slap in the face of basted loligum.
>>
>>90884232
>showrunner Adam Muto said via email.
Go ask him yourself if you want confirmation. He's active on twitter.
Like the article says, none of the crew saw the cancellation coming, and were planning on making S10.
>>
>>90884302
Not really. As they are now, Finn and PB aren't compatible romantically at all.
>>
>>90884319
None of the crew said the show was cancelled either, those were Eric's words
>>
>>90884232
Jesus christ, it was cancelled, just accept it. Happens all the time.
>>
>>90884302
I don't see it, the thing with HW and Finn is that they both feel some kind of an attraction but HW has her weird issues keeping them apart.
It would be like if PB did want to be with Finn but had to attend to her kingdom instead, only the one time PB was attracted to Finn is when she was 13.

The stuff with PB from season 3 on has basically been a demonstration of why she isn't compatible with Finn while with HW it was a relationship with potential that got cut off. You don't wanna see Finn make it work and gain romantic victory even if it's not with the loli bubblegum girl? C'mon son right back at you.
>>
>>90884341
Except it's not
>>
>>90884239
>Fintress has a very real chance of happening
They blew the FP thing without looking back. There's no reason to bring HW back unless they want to milk some crappy drama, and judging by how they resolved it in the first place, it just doesn't seem to be the direction they want to go.

Give HW a rest, if you really want to spam but muh happening, go circlejerk in a Star Vs thread.
>>
>>90884348
I would've said you were probably right before Wheels and the Islands flashbacks. She's coming back. I'm basically certain.
>>
>>90884348
What they've done with Finn's character makes me feel that he's past crappy romance drama, at least of the teenage idiot variety. Maybe he'll have more when he's older but the show will never go into that.

If they bring HW back (and it's a big if) it will probably be for keeps.
>>
>>90884319
He is using rhetoric to make it seem as if the situation is depressing. The author also doesn't know what he is talking about; your show isn't cancelled if production is still continuing. You can tell a show they can have a final season, but cancelling would be ending it there
>>
>>90884347
>>90884335
Yeah it was. And you've yet to post any interview or article citing otherwise.
also again
>Adam Muto said via email
>>
>>90884372

She's coming back != She's coming back to marry Finn and live happily ever after
>>
>>90884386
I don't see any other reason to bring her back. Plus they've hinted that she still is interested in him.
>>
>>90884379
Your just making up an arbitrary definition of cancellation to fit your arguments.
So [citation needed]
>>
>>90884378
>What they've done with Finn's character makes me feel that he's past crappy romance drama
Basically this. The HW episode and Bunbun made it clear.
>>
>>90884384
>that was in interview
No that was an author reporting how adventure ended. Adam Muto only answers what they did with Finn for the finale
>>
>>90884409
Cancellation means production ends, especially with show that take a year to produce an episode
>>
>>90884401
>I can't see things happening any way but mine so those possiblities just don't exist
>>
>>90884413
Which is why the won't make a drama out of Fintress if they do go that route.
>>
>>90884426

Like in them being just friends.
>>
>>90884421
[citation needed]

Uncle Grandpa was cancelled in the same way, and the crew unanimously agreed that it was "cancelled" via abrupt non-renewal.
>>
>>90884425
Well of course they do, I just don't think they're likely. Am I not allowed to speculate on the show now?
>>
>>90884437
Maybe. They don't have to make a cheap drama out of them being in a romantic relationship either though.
>>
>>90884456
>Maybe
They've done just that with PB and FP for YEARS. The likeliness of HW being a closed chapter is much higher than the opposite.
>>
>>90884329
>>90884345
You'll learn soon enough
>>
>>90884439
No, because there was no season under production; they only had finished episodes waiting to air
>asking for a citation for the definition of a word
Lol
>>
>>90884497
>arbitrary definition made up to fit your arguments
>>
>>90884471
>>90884494
I disagree with you, but we'll have to wait and see who's right. If I'm wrong, I'll gladly bend down and jerk you guys off in the appropriate thread.
>>
>>90884514
do me too even though I'm on your side of the argument
>>
>>90884509
>he doesn't know what it means for a show to be cancelled
Every definition is arbitrary, words means what we give to them. You just don't know what we have given to it. Being arbitrary does not mean wrong idiot
>>
>>90884537
>Every definition is arbitrary
so you admit you're full of shit
>>
>>90884379
>your show isn't cancelled if production is still continuing.
You still do not understand how it works. They already ordered the episodes. It's like talking to a brick wall.
>>
>>90884577
Then the show was not cancelled, they gave them another season and announced it'd be their last.
>>
>>90884592
[citation needed]
>>
>>90884592
So... cancellation? Because that's how all other cartoons are cancelled.
>>
File: ehBPhb4.jpg (812KB, 1373x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ehBPhb4.jpg
812KB, 1373x1000px
>>
>>90884544
No words mean what we give them. Cuck used to mean not having control over who your partner sleeps with, now it means not getting the girl thanks to reddit newfags. How are they supposed to do it? You can only say a season will be the last once you have given them another season
>>
>>90884609
Also, pretty sure they announced cancellation after the fact.
>>
>>90884609
>every show is cancelled
You do realize there was hardly any announcement for season 9? The only confirmation was Osborne's humorous tweet and an interview with Olivia Olson
>>90884605
Those are facts
>>
>>90884639
>[citation needed]
>>
>>90884639
No, not every cartoon is cancelled, but this one was. The crew would've kept going if they could have, but the network did not renew for any more episodes, and announced so when production for the last season was already underway.

Okay, I'm definitely done.
>>
>>90884621
Why do you need to announce the show will end then renew it a season for it to be considered ending? It doesn't add up. Cancellation isn't glorified, you don't make a big announcement on the official instagram with HEY GUYS LOOK WE'RE CANCELLING ADVENTURE TIME. Cancellation is done quitely usually implied when announcing returning series
>>
>>90884658
Then it was not cancellation
>>
>>90884658
>crew would have kept going if they could have
Says who? What suggests this? Very few shows run until someone tells them to stop.
>>
>>90884348
>There's no reason to bring HW back unless they want to milk some crappy drama

Watch Flute Spell again. There was zero drama between Finn and HW. He matured a lot when it comes to romance. He was even being careful during the time he spent with her. No sperging, no spaghetti and no cringe.

And just like >>90884372 said, HW is coming back. The close-up on her on Wheels (and the Flute Spell flashback) pretty much hints at her return.
>>
>>90884704
>her closeup hints at her return
You'd need to be literally retarded to not understand this. She's definately returning to take Finn's innocence.
>>
>>90884676
Whatever my dude. Call it what you like, the show is ending by the network's decision, not the crew's and that's the bottom line.

>>90884691
Says all the information we've heard from the crew and the press. And common sense. I'm not going over this again.
>>
>>90884734
>appeal to common sense
The crew has said nothing that the show was cancelled, and by crew I mean people involved with the show's production.

>a show's fate is ultimately decided on the network
No shit, a show can't run if the network doesn't want it to. It makes even more sense for the network to announce that the show is ending after they renew it for another season, because the staff can tell them they're rapping things up. It makes less sense to announce it is ending then renew it another season, because the staff has no choice to continue.
>>
>>90884775
>It makes less sense to announce it is ending then renew it another season
This isn't what happened. It was already renewed, and then they announced it. Stop being obtuse.
>>
>>90884788
That makes sense, how else will CN know if the show is ending if the staff doesn't tell them?
>>
>>90875219
>you people used to love it.

I used to love having keys dangled my face too, but that doesn't mean I still do.
AT got stale, especially after sugar left and the FP storyline got replaced with "Finn is a cuck lol".
>>
>>90884853
>especially after sugar left
>>
Does /co/ care about Simon and Marcy's relationship
>>
>>90884920
No, Simon was probably a pedophile
>>
>>90883601
Been digging through these the past few hours, it's interesting how Puhoy is so highly regarded now when everyone hated it when it first aired. That ending pissed so many people off.

Old AT threads were comfy as shit.
>>
>>90884920
Is pre-Too Young PB a pedo
>>
>>90884920
Eh, somewhat. I thought Simon and Marcy was a really great episode, but their relationship has been stagnant since then. I'm not really bothered by the lack of focus it has though. Their story pretty much is finished.

>>90884960
>Delusion
>>
>>90884960
just a little bit, maybe
I don't think she ever had any intention of /ss/ Finn when he was actually a wee lad but she certainly wanted to make him think she did
>>
>>90884939
Lol you are the pedo, Simon is a good man.
>>
>>90885020
>Trusting (((Simon)))
>>
>>90875427
SU had a stronger opening for the series and it's first two seasons were great. Now it's just dull while we wait for the filler to end.
>>
>>90875364
uhhhhh how about Ice King???????? And his wife who is now a magician???? Flame princess would also be nice.
>>
>>90885090
I for one, welcome Ice King getting laid with Magic Betty.
>>
>>90885069
Does /co/ trust Simon
>>
>>90885120
about as far as I can throw him
>>
>>90883998
Oh my god... Why would a fellow at fan deliver this key to me
>>
File: 1470763616284.jpg (71KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
1470763616284.jpg
71KB, 1136x640px
>This thread

No wonder there aren't more threads about this show
>>
>>90885491
The best thread we had recently was the best episode one a few weeks ago. That had some great discussion in it.
>>
>>90885521
I canĀ“t name a single episode for the life of me
>>
>>90885578
I'm sure you could name one.
>>
File: CN fans post-2015.png (255KB, 770x711px) Image search: [Google]
CN fans post-2015.png
255KB, 770x711px
>>90875219
>This show is still on for Christ's sake and you people used to love it.
Same thing is happening to Tumblr Universe. Ratings are plummeting below nuPPG and TTG, the last several premieres had a paltry 900,000 viewers. Discussion on the internet has disappeared seemingly overnight in some places. Sooner or later, people grow tired of the meandering plots, disappointing payoffs, and move onto the new shiny object (in your case it was SU, in SU's case its now Samurai Jack). Artists don't get as many (You)s and upvotes for drawing passing fads and thus pack up for greener pastures. There is still a corpse of a fanbase left here, usually with one or two totally-not-shills autistically screeching at everyone about how it's still good and they're just a SUfag/Jackfag/etc looking to cause trouble.

That is the gift and the curse of appealing to tumblr. You get a wider fandom (both figuratively and literally) that is entirely fickle.
>>
>>90885610
One
>>
so when does it get bad, /co/?
>>
>>90885677
DonĀ“t forget that this show is made for children as well, so when it tries to become more "deepest lore" all it does is alienate its main demographics.
>>
>>90885677
we had a solid couple of years where it was all aces at least
>>
>>90885760
When did it get good?
>>
>>90882717
>some cunt responds 'welcome to mansplaining' as if his post isn't evidence that mansplaining doesn't exist and that assholes 'explain' things in the same way to men as they do to women.
>>
Rewatching old JLU clips and just realized Ace has the same voice actor as PB

Can't stop hearing PB in this scene now
https://youtu.be/jWHHsdE_oQg?t=3m
>>
Well it started out for kids then they realized adults were watching it too so they turned a non-sequitur show with no real or serious continuity (a la Dexter's Lab where the lab gets destroyed episode with no consequences next episode) to a different show with continuity(Like Finn is depressed for like 2 years real time after breaking up with FP) to appeal to the Tumblr and man children fanbase.

Well and then there's the obvious seasonal rot. You know the writers are out of ideas when every single background character and his literal mother get's their own episode, lore dump, and arc. Hey remember Ice King's pet Gunter the Penguin? He's actually and evil space god older than time trying to enslave the universe by absorbing a mystical comet from a higher dimension. Hey remember Susan Strong? She's actually a genetically engineered lesbian cyborg seeker from a dystopian society sent to find it's missing colony members. Compare that with the simplicity of earlier episodes.

TL:DR: Modern AT is New Coke to many people. All that's left of their fanbase online is Tumblr and 30 year olds.
>>
>>90885760
Season 6 has a pretty big dip in quality that lost most of /co/. It's somewhat recovered but it's not the same as it was pre S6.
>>
>>90886043
They supposedly cater to us the older fags but I don't see my focus on my fav character so whatever
>>
>>90886043
>Hey remember Ice King's pet Gunter the Penguin? He's actually and evil space god older than time trying to enslave the universe by absorbing a mystical comet from a higher dimension
I guess they only used that idea since Marceline's father commented on how he was the most evil thing he ever met.
>Hey remember Susan Strong? She's actually a genetically engineered lesbian cyborg seeker from a dystopian society sent to find it's missing colony members
I was rather amused how they came up with such an elaborate backstory tied up to Finn's origins when she only started as caveman friend. Hulk Susan was a goddamn sin.

In all fairness, I fail to see how bringing lore and continuity would hurt a show that always seemed to be about trying things.
>>
>>90885677
>demeaning "shills"
You lose interest because you want something new, and a show can't doing anything about that. If you quit watching a show years ago and still think your opinion is still relevant you should fuck off
>>
>>90886043
>it started out for kids
It was always for kids, you're assuming they made storylines because of their wide audience. The show always had a wide audience. There is nothing wrong with world building.

>Finn depressed for 2 years
A couple of episodes between season 5 and 6*
FTFY

They never made episodes to appeak to a certain audience, they made what they wanted to and this was appealing to an audience.

>obvious seasonal rot
>writers running out of ideas
This can't happen if you're constantly getting new writers and fresh ideas. There is no such thing as seasonal rot, and the show has improved since season 5 and 6 so how does seasonal rot apply here? Seasonal rot applies to shows that go on for decades (South Park, Simpsons, Family Guy) that the show isn't even about what it used to be. AT in a general sense is about Finn and Jake in Ooo, and that's all it ever was about. Seadonal rot features flanderization of its characters, and before you say that AT has characters changing does not mean flanderization.

>implying Orgalord's introduction was random and unwarned
Gunter was hinted at being special in many case. There's the case with Hudson Abadeer, though it could be interpreted in many ways, and the time Gunter enslaved all of Ooo. Did you forget the time Gunter gave birth to an alien kitten. Orgalord's introduction was something you should have seen as "oh I should have seen this coming." Susan Strong was teased for quite some time what are you even saying? Beautopia there was that reaction, Dark Purple we saw that implant. There was countless arguments whether she was human because of that. Preboot/Reboot we learned she got her implant from Dr.Gross, and that she was a seeker, and that there are more humans. Hide and Seek showed us her life on Hub Island.
>>
>>90875272
SU was better.
Was.
>>
>>90884988
She was gonna go in for the F until shrillgrab arrived
>>
>>90875219
It got Anchovied.

What does this mean?

Anchovies are a particular group of a fandom who come in swarms, make ridiculous demands while being extremely vocal and threatening. This often forces shows to make a change to appeal to the anchovies, when the anchovies have had their fill, or see something else shiny, they immediately abandon the fandom they were in, to swarm another with their same bad behavior.

The only thing that can kill an anchovy swarm is a Word of God Whale, however most show runners don't have the chutzpah for that anymore, other than persons such as Antonucci, Tartavosky, McKraken, etc.
>>
>>90888289
Can't admit it lost what made it good eh?
>>
>>90888309
That's usually a part of being anchovied.
You try to appeal to the swarm so much that you change what you originally were, and when the swarm leaves you are stuck with what you created.
>>
>>90888362
And what were said "ridiculous" demands while being extremely vocal and threatening?
>>
>>90888401
Continuity, lore dumps, relationship drama, shipping, fan service, fan favorite characters getting more screen time (marcy), popluar background characters getting their own episode (huntress wizz)ect.
>>
File: 1484522272400.jpg (46KB, 498x588px) Image search: [Google]
1484522272400.jpg
46KB, 498x588px
>>90888401
Things that don't need to happen or have no basis to the show to happen.

Look at it like this.

Show about Boy and his Imaginary Genie, he has two friends that are girls, fights with another boy rival, and longs for a real companion. Each episode is a slice of life that doesn't really tie into one another, except for a few connective pieces.

Anchovies will come in and say "Insert Identity/Gender Politics, Huge Amounts of Lore, Shipping, fan service or we'll complain constantly to your show staff and stop spreading Word of Mouth for your show, killing your ratings.

So then when show runners try to cater to essentially being held hostage, changing the point of the show where the boy is now a gender fluid pansexual with an Imaginary Chaos God Genie who is the ghost of his dead father with two lesbian friends, is in a love/hate relationship with his transexual rival and longs for a Socialist Revolution, which every other episode connects to one another, while every other other episode stars Blinky, the fan favourite clown that literally shits into her own mouth for 11 minutes.

Original non anchovy fans would look at the show at its current state and scratch their heads.

Wow! It's really changed!

And that's the trouble with anchovies.
>>
>>90888289
>>90888627
I like this term,"anchovies." But I agree with it in the sense that people flock to a rising show and then ignore it, often due to the creators failing to do what they wanted. AT gets anchovied in the sense that there was a sharp increase in popularity, similar to SU after Jail Break.
>>
>>90888520
>>90888627
So tumblr/Bubblinefags/shipper shippers in general
>>
>>90888627
>>90888520
So what do you two think didn't need to have ever be given a place or written into AT as a whole?
>>
>>90888796
I just think the continuity should of stayed loose. Can you imagine if ed, edd, and eddy suddenly had story arcs spanning seasons?
>>
File: trust me Im an angel.jpg (20KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
trust me Im an angel.jpg
20KB, 500x282px
>>90888796
Personally, I don't mind character backstories, it does help build a bigger universe and drive the original purpose of the show.

A protagonist is allowed to fail from time to time, but that is meant to make the character grow as an individual, (unless the show specifically is about failure) Fan service and fan shipping shouldn't be the focus, and veering off the original plot line is a no no.

Like in my hypothetical show, revealing the origin of the Genie isn't too horrible, if it helps reinforce the protagonist's goal of having a real companion. Making the boy gender fluid and pansexual isn't nesscessary, however it can be forgiven if it reinforces the original goal. Making the two girls lesbians are okay too, as long as the focus doesn't detract from or alter the show goal. Even changing the rival to a transexual love/hate relationship is forgivable, only if it reinforces the show goal. Changing the goal from "I wanted a companion, but now the show is about Socialist Revolution is not okay. If done in a correct manner, with the main goal still in sight, it can be written off as an arc. Having every other episode not be about the protagonist, but rather the side characters isn't really forgivable. Occassional world building is fine, an episode here and there. But turning the show into "The Amazing World of the Protagonist" instead of "The Protagonist's Journey" ruins the show.

That's what spin offs are for.

All the aforementioned changes above should be natural and fit into the storytelling. Not shoehorned in. A story naturally evolves with its characters, not forced upon them. If the two lesbians didn't like each other, or had absolutely had no romantic interest in one another, forcing that unto their characters fucks with the character development.

You have to let a story evolve not force it.

But Anchovies don't understand that because they are part of a generation that says " want I want now!

A soup is best cooked slow under a low flame.
>>
>>90889417
I want to fug Guardian Angel!!
>>
>>90889417
I agree, but I mean specifics within the AT lore and universe anon
>>
File: Whip it out baby.jpg (48KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Whip it out baby.jpg
48KB, 640x360px
>>90889772
Oh.
"Unnescessary lesbians"
"Finn's a cringy, desperate and failure of a woman chaser"
"Stakes"
"Orgalord"
"Implied/Literal cuckolding"
I can't say much about 80's Ice lady because from what I can tell its meant to be the beginning of a story arc that will most likely go somewhere.
At the moment I don't have an idea, but I can ask why it is nescessary to add an additional character to an overbloated show that is showing off more of its world than Finn's journeys.
I'd say the same about Betty, but I feel as if that is a story arc not yet finished.

It might just be the way I tell stories, but having too many overlapping arcs is messy and confuses people looking externally. I'm not saying "Have only one arc at a time" but having "five-ten open characters arcs at the same time" is a bit much.

Character arcs that haven't closed.
Elemental Forces of Ooo
Lich Jake's Arm
Sweet Pea/Lich
Betty
Fern the Grassman
King(Pariah) of Ooo
Ice King (still)

I have the feeling that Fern and the Elemental Forces of Ooo will be closed by the end of the season, Lich Arm Jake, Sweet Pea/Lich Betty and Ice King by the series finale. I don't know about King of Ooo, if anyone cares anymore. I guess it can be written in with Sweet Pea/Lich.

But you know what is probably going to happen?
Dr Gross backstory
Dr Gross Arc
Huntress Wizard Arc
Something about Lumpy Space Princess
More Tree Trunks
Starchy works as an accountant
Hunsen Abideer disapproves of Marceline's fondness of Princess Bubblegum but then accepts it. The big gay acceptance episode I suppose.

This is what I forsee.
>>90889629
my face when.
>>
>>90890116
>Hunsen Abideer disapproves of Marceline's fondness of Princess Bubblegum but then accepts it. The big gay acceptance episode I suppose.
I know his hopes are dead but watching your childhood crush shack up with one of your friends who clearly isn't more mature than you/not mature as her has to irk him on the inside.

He's known for bottling up shit it's eating at him.
>>
>>90890116
also, guandian angel episode when?
>>
>>90890301
Go ask them on Tumblr. You never know.
>>
>>90890301
https://ask.fm/MrMuto
>>
>>90888520
>fan favorite characters getting more screen time (marcy)
Aside from the Stakes miniseries, she pretty much vanished after a few seasons.
>>
>>90890116
Someone reminds me what was so bad about Orgalorg.
>>
Haven't watched season 8 yet. Is it any good?
>>
>>90890798
You know how I can't comment on 80's ice lady because there seems to be a character arc with her character?

I can't do the same for Orgalorg.

It literally came out of left field, destroyed The Comet Arc that was building up, and proceeded to do nothing other than make people go "Huh?"
>>
>>90890915
in other words:
You don't destroy an arc of buildup for a long forgotten joke that didn't have nearly as much buildup.

It's like waiting for Thanos to finally appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to fight the Avengers, but then suddenly The Leader (Mr Blue) shows up and says "Nah, I'm the villain lmao)

I bet most people would be like "WHO THE FUCK IS MR BLUE?"
And there would be others "FOR CHRIST'S SAKE HE WASN'T EVEN THAT RELEVANT IN THE MOVIE HE WAS IN!"
>>
>>90890915
>destroyed The Comet Arc that was building up
Did people have specific expectations from this arc? What was ruined?
>>
>>90888796
Fern, Jake's kids, any attempt at dumping romance on Finn, Cinnamon Bun turning into an asshole.
>>
>>90875219
we are all too busy with posting in Ninja Steve threads.
>>
>>90890798
I thought it was just embarrassing that he existed at all. Why did they have to ruin that hilarious joke from It Came from the Nightosphere for their damn deepest lore? And I don' think it even makes sense, Hunson says Orgalorg is the most evil thing he's ever encountered and he's just a boring jobber with a Jack Nicholson voice who does nothing very interesting and gets killed super easily by Finn.

Orgalorg was pretty shitty.
>>
Yeah, the weakest part of AT is that half the time they try to keep plot points going over episodes or even seasons they don't work, or they only half work.

Also the fan base has reached the point where they can be pandered to, and will call something good if they are led through a series of emotional hoops around certain characters.
>>
>>90892294
>Hunson Abadeer. Boring

Get out.
>>
>>90892399
Dude Hunson is an amazing character, I was describing Orgarlog as boring. I don't know how you misinterpreted the grammar in my post to think I was saying Hunson sucks.
>>
>>90892475
Speaking of Hunson, he's a very underused character.
>>
>>90894257
One of the most horrendously utilized characters in the show. He's amazingly entertaining, connected very strongly to Marceline's history and the Nightosphere, and his VA seems cool and is Marceline's VA's dad so I don't think it will be hard to get him into the recording booth. It's so frustrating that the show doesn't use him more, shits lame as hell.

He has at least one more confirmed appearance though so that's good, he deserved much more though. At least showing up an equal amount of times as Simon does or something like that.
>>
>>90876484
Finn's no longer a celestial being. He gave that up when he wanted to experience mortal life.

Now he's just a normal guy, who will be reincarnated until the end of the universe
>>
>>90894557
jesse mentioned that Finn never was a god or whatever didn't he? he just had some mystical shit related to him.
even after the comet I'm pretty sure that stuff is still in Finn, but he's just going for the mortal lie and stuff.
>>
>>90884299
not him but yes
I love the little green idiot
>>
File: IMG_7447.jpg (196KB, 1250x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7447.jpg
196KB, 1250x800px
ALERT! ALERT! FRESH POLL!

>Because of a game design limitation, only one of the following ideas can be added in the fan game.

>The result will be an NPC that Fionna will encounter in the Beachside area.
>(Make sure to check the image link above to get a better idea of the ideas!)

>Flame Princess: Help Flame Princess defeat a tentacle monster she and Fionna once fought in the past. (Based on a porn comic from 2014)

>Canyon: Help Canyon take back the sacred spring water from several sexy evil nymphs.

>Bronwyn: Beat Brownwyn and her skateboard in multiple speed challenges. However, she is ā€œlightningā€ fast at what she does.

>Catbug & BMO: With the help of Catbug, BMO (human girl/boy) now challenges you to an extreme round of hide and seek.

>Mysterious Princess: After finding a magical wand, a mysterious princess from another dimension will do everything to take it back from you.

>The poll will end in April 15!
>April 15th!
>>
>>90894770
Man this sucks, I want basically every one aside from Catbug

Think I'll end up going with Canyon; would love FP but I wasn't feeling that comic, not too interested in Star but I wonder what that would look like, and Bronwyn is cool but I don't think I like her as much as Canyon

He better get the size for Canyon right though, she's a big girl 4u and all that and won't be as interesting if he shrinks her
>>
>>90894770
FPfags currently toping the poll.
>>
>>90894770
Do you have to be a patreon supporter to vote?
>>
>>90892372
>Also the fan base has reached the point where they can be pandered to, and will call something good if they are led through a series of emotional hoops around certain characters.
Is it really that unfathomable to you that someone could have a legitimate difference in opinion? Fuck off.
>>
>>90890116
>Elemental forces of Ooo
I think you mean Patience St. Prim having a plot against PB. Arc introduced in season 8

>Lich Jake's Arm
What about it? It did nothing in the world that Finn and Jake live in, so what makes you think it did anything in any other dimension?

>Sweat P/Lich
He turned into a baby in the S6 premiere and is now an adopted child between Mr. Pig and Tree Trunks

>Betty
She uploaded an AI inside the crown, so she should still be out there. Arc updated in S7, twice.

>Fern
There was that darkness thing that crawled on him. Arc ntroduced in S8

>KoO
He was usurped and now is a deformed wax thing last seen wandering in the Candy Kingdom

>Ice King
>still
And? He will most likely be fixed along with Betty. You guys do understand that Simon will die without his crown, right? That was made very clear in "Betty." Notice how most of these left open arcs are relatively recent; quit your complaining.
>>
>>90890116
>Unnecessary lesbians
>2011+6
>still whinning about bubbline
Wew lad

>Finn's a desperate woman chaser
He gave that up in season 6, he doesn't chase after women, and is successful talking and having a good time with his ex (Bun Bun), he almost sealed the deal with HW but because of muh exceptional beast she restrained herself. She spies on him (Wheels).

>Stakes
It was great I know

>Orgalord
Underwhelming ,has no relevance to any future episodes, nor does it directly affect episodes that come after it, so you have no reason for this episode to prevent you from enjoying future episodes.
>>
>>90895255
Oh look, the AT shills are back grasping at straws to defend their show
letĀ“s all laugh at them
>>
>>90895358
t. SUfag
>>
>>90890814
I enjoyed Wheels; we get to see Bronwyn and we have an interesting story. High Strangeness was enjoyable, the animation improving is a good bonus. Jelly Beans Have Power was pretty good, we get to see PB by herself so /co/ can quit bitching that our favorite lesbians are inseperable. I don't remember anyone complaining that Flame Princess was only seen when Finn was, too, but I will let that speak for itself. Islands was top tier stuff you're missing out if you haven't seen it. I didn't care for the premiere, mostly because Tom Herpich and Steve Wolfhard storyboarded it. Whenever those two storyboard an episode it's filled with awkward dialogue and pointless repetitive actions to fill up the 11 minutes they are allotted. S8 is looking good so far in my opinion.
>>
>>90895358
All of their points were accurate.
>>
File: 1481946683656.png (85KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1481946683656.png
85KB, 550x550px
>>90895358
Great way to leave my points still standing
>>
>>90894770
>>The result will be an NPC that Fionna will encounter in the Beachside area

Nothing against Fionna, but fuck.
>>
>>90875219
It was good while it lasted OP, but I grew up and stopped enjoying smoking pot. The show also changed from what attracted me to it initially. I can only go through so many episodes of awkward teenage angst, especially when it would have been so easy to portray Finn as a nice, cool guy.
>>
>>90875219
>and you people used to love it.
Well yeah, used to.
>>
>>90895413
Yeah the two parter with Fern did not really do it for me. Those episodes were funny because they aired and I was like "Man this sucks, AT season 8 is gonna be shit" but then I ended up enjoying literally every episode after that.

I think Fern has the potential to be cool but they introduced him way too fucking late to probably do much with him, and his opening episodes were filled with some awkward stuff and horribly drawn out humor like you said. I feel like whenever Herpich and Wolfhard do an episode it's flipping a coin as to whether it will be good to amazing or just obnoxiously stilted.
>>
>>90895579
These are the latest episode talkback threads
https://desuarchive.org/co/search/subject/Adventure%20Time%20Talkback/
There is still a reasonable fan base here, even SU will die down, every show will die down after new fresh shows come out.
>>
>>90895648
I still love the show. It saddens me a little that people don't enjoy it anymore, but I get it. It's changed a lot over its seven year run.
>>
>>90895648
Except the shows that stay good and keep people excited. Adventure Time and Steven Universe are hardly prime examples of shows that kept people hooked over the years.
>>
>>90895730
Honestly considering that it's been close to 7 years and the show is still alive at all I think AT did a pretty good job

How long do cartoons usually last? Sure as shit not this long
>>
>>90895769
>I think AT did a pretty good job
And I don't. They dramatically shifted focus, lost all of the original charm, and spiraled into drama and shitting on their own characters to keep people interested instead of having fun with ideas.

There's really no arguing AT and SU are very different shows than when they began, and someone could be well within reason to not like those changes.
>>
>>90895769
>284 episodes
Just look at that number. It would take you a few hours over 2 days to watch every episode continuously without any break
>>
>>90895820
>lost the original charm
You can't create nostalgia for new episodes, older episodes are more enjoyable because you reminisce over them, something that's impossible to have for new episodes.

>drama
Hardly any in season 7 and 8
>>
>>90895820
You're well within your right to think that and I sort of feel similar, but I was mainly talking about just the fact that it's been so long yet there are still some people that give a shit. In terms of cartoons I think that's a solid enough job.

Usually cartoons last like half that time. How long did Gravity Falls go? Just like 3 and a half years or something? AT has lasted really long and I'm amazed anyone still cares at all.
>>
>>90895911
Man you are such a faggot dude, I still love the show but all you ever do is try to say "You're opinion is objectively wrong, here is a list of episodes that prove this by bla bla bla" fuck off, if someone thinks the charm is gone that's not nostalgia that's them thinking differently from you and there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>90895820
I never stopped liking it, but I can respect that opinion. If you haven't, I would recommend watching season 7, seems like you would enjoy that one.

As for SU, now THAT is an example of a show that took a nosedive in quality.
>>
>>90895911
This isn't about nostalgia. If you watch episodes from the early seasons, then watch late seasons, there is a major tonal shift. You COULD, however, make an argument SOME change is necessary. However that does not mean the change they opted for was the necessary one.
>>
>>90895914
I think it's admirable for a show to last that long, granted. But I don't think a show is worth celebrating on that merit alone. If a show lasted 7-8 years that I still enjoyed, I would celebrate it a lot more. AT just feels soured to me. By all means, keep enjoying it if you do. I just need to throw that out there.
>>
>>90875219
We used to love Sinfest too.
And Paranatural.
And Prequel.
And Avatar.
And My Little Pony

Things change.
>>
>>90896048
Yeah, just based on time isn't much worth admiring or else The Simpsons is the greatest thing ever, but I do respect that the crew, to me at least, are still trying their damnedest even after so many years of what sounds like demanding work.

I can find enough good in modern AT to still respect it and stuff, even if I feel that a good portion of the magic has been lost to time.
>>
>>90884920
I care more about Finn and HW's relationship
>>
>>90896075
>And Avatar.
What? Avatar is still great! It's a shame they never made a sequel though.
>>
>>90896150
Finn deserves to have someone with all the pairing off in the rest of the show. We'll see if they actually go somewhere with this one.
>>
>>90895911
>older episodes are more enjoyable because you reminisce over them

No, older episodes are more enjoyable because they usually still follow the original vision for the show. Newer episodes often lose tack of that vision, and especially in AT due to the new writers, costing it the charm that it had at first.
>>
>>90896305
Friendly reminder that most of the writers have been there close to, or since the beginning.
>>
>>90896305
>original vision for the show
Finn and Jake in Ooo?
>>
>>90895966
There's nothing 'wrong' with thinking that, but that doesn't mean they're right
>>
>>90896150
>>90896278
They won't
>>
>>90896278
Finn has Jake. And BMO.
>>
>>90896483
Going by track record, I'd say you're right.

>>90896494
He's a growing boy with lots of crushes that didn't pan out. To leave that unresolved almost seems like spite.
>>
>>90896150
Grassed
>>
>>90896494
Breaking off from your family, but still keeping in contact and loving them is a practical thing for adults to do. Finn needs to move out like one arc in the comics.
>>
>>90896527
>To leave that unresolved almost seems like spite
Seems more like they're trying to go with a "in life shit happens, you deal with it, good or bad, you don't always" philosophy. Flute Spell ending was literally spelling it to the audience.
>>
>>90896400
There's been a good amount of change even with like half of the current boarders having been here since season 2.

Practically everyone who did season 1 either left the show or got changed around to a different position, and a good amount of big names left. Obviously there's Sugar and Moynihan but also people like Cole Sanchez or Nat or Pat McHale. Also really underrated people who might have had a bigger impact than people think, like Larry Leichliter who was the director for the first 4 seasons. Stuff like that can lead to some pretty demonstrable changes. Also Pen not being show runner anymore probably means that he isn't pushing his vision of what the show should be in his eyes.

I disagree with that guy in that new people are bad though, because I feel like new people have brought the show back to life a bit lately. Getting new interpretations of the characters and stuff helps keep interest, and I really like certain ones like Sam Alden and Em Partridge. I wish the show had more new people working on it almost because sometimes it seems like the older writers are just going through the motions and not feeling it anymore.
>>
>>90896476
It's not about if they're right because it's just their opinion but you're trying to erase their opinion.
You're saying to them "You don't actually like this thing, the ravages of time have just tricked you into thinking you like this thing" and that's insulting as fuck dude.
>>
>>90896579
>Flute Spell ending was literally spelling it to the audience.
Yeah, and the explanation was horseshit. If someone is looking for love, you don't write off that love with some half-assed "Don't you see, you're too GOOD for love!"

Being happy with where you are is a good message, but their take on it is absolute bunk.
>>
>>90875219
>unironically liking Hipster Time
Get out
>>
1.) AT got shit long ago

2.) It's basically never shown on the Teen Titans Go channel
>>
>>90896652
And honestly, it reeked of a girl's idea of a line who wanted to dump someone without them feeling bad.

"I know, I'll just appeal to his ego! There's no way he could feel bad about me not liking him if I talk up how great he is!"
>>
File: tumblr_on0ydfzIfv1v41btpo1_1280.png (12KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_on0ydfzIfv1v41btpo1_1280.png
12KB, 550x550px
Real talk now: which one of you guys did this?
>>
>>90875219
It's just not enjoyable anymore
cant pin down why though, as i watched them all together instead of over many years
>>
>>90896652
The writers only put this particular relationship in a dead end, Finn is now mature enough to know how to move on and how not to fuck up so his next chance at romance, one day in the future, will be more successful.
>>
>>90896865
When I binge watch too much stuff at once, it gets sour soon enough. Watched each season at a time and the show still deliver.
>>
>>90896811
Hah, I believe what HW said because she was a fucking weirdo but I can see this interpretation too.
I think the episode would have benefited a lot more if she showed any hints of attraction to him before the very end, because as is it made her seem like she was completely apathetic to him and only using him for her needs until the big reveal happened. If there were some hints put in then it would feel more genuinely like she also liked him but her own issues were making her too conflicting to go with it.

>>90896871
See I agree but it feels like every relationship Finn is ever gonna be in is gonna be a dead end, not only is it sad for the character but it's also kind of predictable and boring.
I would be happy if as the show came to a close they gave out some sort of hints as to how Finn's love life will be in the future, and I will barf if they pull something like Finn going "You know Jake, I think I just need to learn to love myself and don't even need to be with anyone!" because that's stupid, not something I can buy Finn saying, and makes relationships out to be a much bigger deal than they are.
>>
>>90896871
I don't particularly care about their relationship. It was sparked and dumped in one episode. But I also didn't feel good at all the way the resolved it either. HW shut him down too hard, and like >>90896996
said, they didn't make it feel like she ever liked him to begin with.

Sure he can move on, great. But the audience also shouldn't feel quite so snubbed if they were doing a good job.
>>
>>90896598
Yeah, good point, I was just making a point that there are other factors in why the show has changed. I think the new storyboarders are pretty good too especially the ones you mentioned. I'm excited to see what Nystrom, Guo and Sennwald come up with as well.
>>
>>90897076
>they didn't make it feel like she ever liked him to begin with.
yeah, that really that ruins the entire point of the episode, then it turns into "watch with amazement as Finn is once again rejected by an interesting woman," oh AT crew how do you dazzle us every time?

Finn moving on is something the audience has kind of earned seeing since we've been watching him pathetically flail about the relationship arena for over half a decade. should be some resolution, not saying they have to pull a Regular Show and marry some rando but do something with it
>>
>>90897149
I think the biggest factor itself might be Ward stepping down, because from what I know about him he was really big into the lighthearted stuff and subverting fantasy and cartoon tropes, so I have no idea if the show would have gone down the mature, philosophical, existentialist paths it took had he not gotten burnt out and kept a tighter hand on the wheel.
>>
File: 87.jpg (26KB, 384x246px) Image search: [Google]
87.jpg
26KB, 384x246px
>>90875219

>So what the fuck happened?

No memes. You can call Finn a cuck only so many times before it gets old. I dunno, maybe I'll take some screen shots and shill it and see what happens

>>90896865
>>
>>90897239
I think it was going that route anyway. I don't think Ward ever took much control in the first place, and pretty much let the storyboarders do what they want. Maybe it wouldn't have been as much but who can really say.
>>
>>90897352
Maybe it's just me but it felt like, up until like season 4ish, the show was pretty consistently held together and had a consistent tone. Even then there were some serious, scary moments, but they never became the main focus and were always kept in check by the humor and lighter tone of the show. I may just be thinking that he was responsible for more than he really is, but it seems like Pen was holding the show together more strongly early on and then started loosening up and letting other people do what they wanted to do, and that's how everything got loco.

This totally could have been Pen's end goal all along even if he wouldn't be involved all the way, because something he's said a few times is that he likes finding people who do stuff he finds interesting and then giving them free reign to do what they want on the show. I wonder if this is something he only started wanting to do as time went on and not from the start.
>>
>>90896821
Oh hey, someone reposted my color.

Neat!
>>
>show's still on

I see no mega links in this thread.

That means its not on.
>>
>>90882524

There is no growing up without relationships.
99% end like this.
Deal with it.
>>
>>90897451
He's said a few times that how they write the show is like Dungeons and Dragons. All of the writers get in a room and spitball random ideas until something sticks. He likes seeing how all of the different writers/storyboarders push the characters in different directions. Maybe if he stayed on, it might not have gotten as out there as it did in season 6, but I think the tonal shift is something that just happened naturally as the writers started experimenting more and more. Pen stepped down halfway through season 5, and the show was pretty crazy by that point.

And honestly, I don't think you can write adventure time any other way. People complain that Ward didn't hold the show to his original vision, but the fact that he allowed the writers to go nuts is what made the show so interesting in the first place.
>>
>>90897480
>>90896821
However I won't outright tell you who I am, mostly because I am incredibly shy when it comes to that sort of thing.

I'll tell you in the Magic Man way.
Its what Alchemist's seek,
and lies beneath
The pyramid.
A hole of half
the pyramid's cousins
it's a puzzle at that Mister!
>>
>>90897641
The flaw is you think fantasy should reflect reality. And AT is deep fantasy. There's no reason for Finn to have to go through the 99%. Unless you think all other aspects of the show need to be grounded in "real" which seems like a bizarre sentiment when Finn fights wizards and elements of nature with a shapeshifting dog.
>>
>>90897668
That's a good point I never considered, in the end I think this was just following the letter of the law to its logical conclusion. I still get what people mean though, because even if its following Pen's original ideas it got pretty warped as time went on.

>>90897718
AT has always been a mix. When the show started Finn was a great hero despite being 12, but he was also still a (somewhat) realistically depicted goofy, hyperactive kid who was dealing with stuff like crushes and his perceptions of the world.

AT has always been a mix of both, and sometimes that fucks things up. They try to have their cake and eat it to, like with Breezy where they were trying to have Finn be depressed over being betrayed and hurt by his father (very realistic) but the solution is a bee cums on him and he grows an arm back (what the fuck), and it doesn't work too well.

BUT ultimately AT has had stuff from real life in it from the very beginning, and I'm sure the people making it always wanted to expand on that idea.
>>
>>90897718
Isn't that sort of AT's gimmick? "Real" problems in a nonsensical fantasy land.
>>
>>90897921
Didn't used to be. It used to be about a kid on adventures.
>>
>>90897950
The very first episode had a moral about keeping promises.
>>
>>90875219

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventure_Time

>Rob Sorcher, the chief content officer at Cartoon Network, was influential in getting the network to take a chance on the show; he recognized the series as "something that felt really indie ... comic book-y [and] really new".
>>
>>90898003
If morals make a show "real" then nearly every show is.
>>
>>90898101
My point is, the character's problems have always been based in reality. The dissonance between the 'normal' characters and the craziness of the world was the original vision for the show.
>>
>>90885491
>see AT thread with 300+ posts
>get excited, open thread
>it's just some weird kid arguing about some dumb technicality for 200 posts.
>repeat
>>
The only good thing to come out if this show was that daterape fic and the resulting comic
>>
>>90898731
which one is that? the Bubblegum/Marcy one by Incase? or a different one?
>>
>>90894622
He wasn't a god, he was a higher dimension being who wanted to be a lesser life form or some shit.
>>
>>90898935
wasn't he just the reincarnation of a god being or some shit in human form who was given the chance to ascend back to godhood?

man that episode was so dumb, I don't know why anyone thought this added something to Finn's character in a substantial way.
>>
>>90898877
The vanilly one

Desuarchive is fucking with me so I canĀ“t find it or I would post it
>>
>>90899019
oh yeah I know what you mean, the unfinished one. classic.
>>
>>90897694
Pendleton Ward?
>>
File: 1478275379192.jpg (366KB, 2464x1648px) Image search: [Google]
1478275379192.jpg
366KB, 2464x1648px
>>90875219
For me, it's just that the series went on for so long that I stopped caring about it like I used to.

I mean, solely thinking about when I used to like it that way makes me cringe a little bit. I remember that I was graduating from elementary school when it started airing, alongside Regular Show. I used to be so fan of it that I made a fucking community about it. Jezz.

It went on for 7 fucking years, man. It was the show that saw me grow up in my teenages. At the time they introduced FP and the running of s5 started I felt kinda left out, maybe because I found other things more interesting to keep myself busy with.

But that doesn't mean that I hated it. Whenever I was told about a new episode, I didn't mind to watch it. To catch up with the rest of the show. Damn, I even have merchandise of it, like the McDonald's toys.

Now I am starting college, and looking for a job so I can have some income of which to live. Every time I see a thread of AT reminds me of when I used to enjoy life and imagine living in one like Finn and Jake's.

Now I see my surroundings and remember when I left my family behind because the relationship was too toxic. When my dad started doing drugs, and my mom left my side two years ago.

And now that I'm writing down this post, it makes me wonder when the fuck everything went so wrong.
>>
File: tumblr_n4nohuGbTV1qetxs7o1_1280.png (155KB, 641x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4nohuGbTV1qetxs7o1_1280.png
155KB, 641x800px
>>90900157
I'm sorry for your lots friend
Gimme a hug man
>>
File: Thank_you.webm (367KB, 888x1048px) Image search: [Google]
Thank_you.webm
367KB, 888x1048px
>>90900334
I don't have hugs anymore. Just doggos.
>>
File: Blue doggo waifu.png (217KB, 1440x1442px) Image search: [Google]
Blue doggo waifu.png
217KB, 1440x1442px
>>90900045
Good guess but no.
I'll help with hint.

In 87' Foreal was was released
its undisputed masterpiece,
well at the end
is the clue to you I send..
>>
File: The real endgame for Finn.jpg (34KB, 714x315px) Image search: [Google]
The real endgame for Finn.jpg
34KB, 714x315px
>>90896150
>>90896278
>>
>>90876484
I agree with this but,

>3) could not give a shit about the lore anymore. They revealed way too much and it did not live up to expectations.

This most of all. Once Princess Bubblegum was revealed to be some elemental god or some shit, throwing the mutant theory out the window, I realized all the show had left was to be gimmick city.
>>
>>90875219
>This show is still on
Where? Literally show me where on the Cartoon Network schedule it airs. Because all I see listed is Teen Titans Go, Gumball, and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.
>>
>>90903493
It's on hiatus right now. New episodes roll out in June.
>>
>>90903096
No.

>>90903134
She is a mutant and the candy elemental. I'm not so keen on the elemental plot line either but I'm willing to give it a chance
Thread posts: 405
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.