[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever get a new main flash? Barry and Wally have pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Will we ever get a new main flash? Barry and Wally have pretty much all gone through full character arcs and outside of their own side stories the Flash mantle should be passed.
>>
Eventually yes. But we got Bart and everyone hated it so they'll be careful to do it the right way and for the right character.

I think Irey could be interesting since the idea is well seeded rather than some new literally who showing up.
>>
>>90860872
I feel bad for Bart. He was so unliked that the Flash Chain of passing on the mantle died. But his introduction wasn't very good. It was basically
>Oh look Irish was alive the whole time and in the future and here is someone related to her!
>>
>>90860781
It's almost guranteed to be Black Wally at some point.
>>
>>90861873
This isn't necessarily bad if they handle him right. Too bad the TV show isn't handling him good.
>>
>>90863034
he's the worst flash character ever and we're now stuck with him because of sjws.
>>
>>90863304
how is he?
>>
>>90863034
Comics would be best served ignoring literally everything from that shitty show.

>>90863304
He's not that bad. Just needs a little fleshing out and more developing into a unique character. Bad origin context doesn't mean they can't do things with him in the long run. Though I'll always be mad that they created him instead of just using Jenni if they wanted a black teen speedster sidekick.
>>
>>90860781
>Will we ever get a new main flash

Why is this necessary? It's not like DC is Marble, where there's a need to do this to pander and to jost sales.

Bruce has been Batman essentially non-stop except for a set of months here and there that maybe amount to 2-3 years tops out of 76 or 77 by now. He's certainly been Bruce the entire time (save being 'dead' and/or lost in the time-stream).

Wally was 'new' main Flash because Barry had sacrificed himself. I'm personally not one of the people who considers Wally "my" Flash or Barry that as well, but I'm not sure how any of the Rebirths (Hal's or Barry's) were really handled well as far as how the rest of their lines were treated.
>>
>>90863611
DC is all about legacy heroes. Barry himself is explicitly a legacy for naming himself after Jay. You have to add more in the long run and you can do it while being respectful.

Barry's Rebirth as far as what it meant for the other characters was mostly undercut by the reboot. Hal's directly lead to status quos being fixed for the others and everyone had space in a book to shine. It was good unless I guess you were a John or Guy fan and didn't like them in the team ensemble for whatever reason.
>>
>>90863425
well at this point his time fuckery killed few people and he is like "sorry, brah" he is manipulative and most of the eps are about people in rooms talking about their emotions. He also might be his own anthologist
>>
>>90863425
was talking about main flash. black wally is doing ok for a side character, better than jesse
>>
>>90863034
What happened first, CW deciding to turn Wally black so the comic Wally turned black or did Comic Wally turn black so the TV show make him black?
>>
>>90863611
>Bruce has been Batman essentially non-stop
But The Flash isn't Batman. Jay went to Barry who went to Wally and the Flash series has gained a lot from it.
>>
>>90864733
Kind of both, but also kind of neither?

CW made the West family black. Comics decided to introduce Wally as a prepubescent child but take that aspect of blackness from the TV West family even though there was no Wally there. Then later the TV show decided to introduce Wally and keep him black in line with the other Wests on the TV show but he is an older teen/young adult rather than a child.
>>
File: Jay Garrick rebirth.jpg (125KB, 864x1110px) Image search: [Google]
Jay Garrick rebirth.jpg
125KB, 864x1110px
can we all agree that Jay has the best costume?
>>
>>90864927
I'll add that introducing Wally as a child regardless of race never made sense considering Dick/Roy/Donna/Garth when they were properly introduced to readers were done as adults because that's what people fucking want.

Goes back to that conspiracy of maybe DC upper management being afraid of Wally and his popularity in a way that you won't see with other legacies like Kyle.
>>
>>90865109
Assuming that is Jay and not Rival, I'm not a huge fan of the longer sleeves but it's overall really good.

I think I like all the current costumes right now though in general, though I know the open hair on both Wallys is somewhat controversial.
>>
>>90865119
>Goes back to that conspiracy of maybe DC upper management being afraid of Wally and his popularity in a way that you won't see with other legacies like Kyle.

They definitely had ill feelings towards the character and succeeded in their goal: No one wants Black Wally to replace Barry on TV show and white Wally is shunted into a shitty team book.
>>
>>90865186
>and white Wally is shunted into a shitty team book

They failed here considering Titans is better than the main Flash ongoing. They probably should just give Wally a solo and give up on the bias. More money is not a bad thing. Barry can still be the guy in other media if they want; it's not a big deal to me.
>>
>>90865259
>They failed here considering Titans is better than the main Flash ongoing.

It still sells less than main book.
>>
>>90865291
I'm talking about quality though. It's not like anyone is going to stop liking Wally because of it so they aren't poisoning him with it. If they gave him a solo as well it probably wouldn't sell more than the main book either but it would add some more funds to the bottom line. No real reason not to do it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.