[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when was the last time disney came up with something original?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1466363736976.png (34KB, 606x688px) Image search: [Google]
1466363736976.png
34KB, 606x688px
when was the last time disney came up with something original? all their classic movies are just re-tellings of old fairy tails, now those old fairy tails are getting live action reboots, star wars and marvel movies are obviously the same old shit. is mickey, minnie, donald duck, etc. really the freshest thing they have?
>>
Moana and Zootopia both came out within the last year.

>Inb4 Moana isn't OC
It features some elements from Polynesian mythology, but it's a completely original story.
>>
>>90858427
And before that we had Wreck-It Ralph and Frozen (which has almost zero to do with the original Snow Queen story).
>>
File: 1489939074460.jpg (133KB, 1086x546px)
1489939074460.jpg
133KB, 1086x546px
>>90858397
Who needs ORIGINAL when you have NOSTALGIA
>>
>>90858397
>all their classic movies are just re-tellings of old fairy tails
nigga have you ever read those fairy tales?
>>
>the Beast doesn't even look any goddamn different
>SHOULDER STRAPS ON DRESS
>>
>>90858462
>almost zero
horse-shoes and hand grenades, anon

>wreck it ralph based on video games, he's a donkey kong ripoff
>>
>>90858571
The beat looks way more human. He doesn't have the animal snout/ears, or huge tusks.
>>
>>90858582
Using that kind of argument for "It's not OC" could apply to literally everything.
>>
>>90858582
>Tolkien did a north mythology ripoff
>star wars is just a mix of wuxia movies with western and flash gordon

You can break anything down to their influences anon.
>>
>>90858478
To be fair everyone knew in advance beauty and the beast would crush the womens box office. It's just twilight with a big hairy animal instead of a vampire.
>>
>Make a successful film that's groundbreaking in animation and music at the time (for animated films specifically)
>It does so well it gets nominated for best picture
>Hurr, let's do it again 20 years later but live action!
>It does better than the original
I want to die.
>>
>>90858767
but if you die you'll miss all the future billion dollar Disney classics
>>
>>90858767
Did you adjust of inflation and the fact most of the money the original film made was spread over those twenty years?
>>
>>90858619
but what inspired the epic of Gilgamesh?
>>
>>90858767

what did expect form the jewest company in the world?

they still run on Kimba ripoff's cottontails!
>>
>>90858397
kingdom hearts movie.
>>
>>90858582
>he's a donkey kong ripoff
I see no coconut cream pie showers senpai
>>
Why be original when you have your thumb up the ass of copyright law?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.