[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is most definitely not as bad as everyone is making it out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 459
Thread images: 35

File: images (1).jpg (25KB, 310x474px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
25KB, 310x474px
This is most definitely not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Sure the boardroom drama may not be very entertaining but it's much better than the cheesy teen romance shit the CW puts out.
>>
Sound worse than bvs defenders.

This show is trash. Accept it.
>>
>>90852469
Nothing better than a 6 on 10 but it's not as bad as people are making it out to be.
>>
>>90852516
Cringe sex scene. No explanation why when he is stuck in kun Lin for fifteen years he doesn't master the iron fist. Madme Gao was fighting nobu in season one of dd. Now she is part of his organization. Yah this show is terrible in writing acting plotting pacing editing. It not 6/10 it's 3/10
>>
>>90852455
Do feel like the reviews over exaggerated and it's pretty fine
>>
File: cool guy.gif (205KB, 350x199px) Image search: [Google]
cool guy.gif
205KB, 350x199px
I don't know a single damn thing about Iron Fist and just watched the first five episodes and I thought it was good, easily better than Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.

Daredevil is still netflix king though
>>
>>90852591
This.

Though I feel like hes not as badass in the show as he should be in the comics. Just a feeling I get
>>
>>90852591
>>90852611
Here's my ranking

1.DD
2. First half LC
3. Iron Fist
4. JJ
5. Second half of LC

What really pisses me off is how people are oblivious to the fact that this show is tying the defenders together more than any other Netflix show. Hogarth, Temple, Joy even mentioning JJ. Seems to be coming together pretty well
>>
>>90852455
>not as bad as everyone is making it out to be
but people aren't saying it's bad at all. 8.5 on IMDB, it's only the critics and SJWs saying it's bad cause he's not asian, everyone watching it enjoys it.
>>
>>90852674
STOP DIVIDING THE SHOWS INTO HALVES THEY SHOULD BE RANKED AS A WHOLE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>90852674
What about DD S2?
>>
>>90852922
I liked it as much as season 1 desu
>>
File: ddsface.jpg (490KB, 917x1027px) Image search: [Google]
ddsface.jpg
490KB, 917x1027px
>>90852674
1. DD S1
2. IF = DD S2
3. LC
4. JJ

Purple man and nuke were only good things about JJ and the show was irredeemable past episode 8
>>
>>90853091
But Luke Cage was irredeamable after episode 4.
>>
>>90853202
what? why
>>
>>90852455
I'm 6 episodes in, and as long as it keeps on this trajectory, there's no way it deserves a fucking 12%. Maybe 6-6.5.
>>
>>90852455
I'm currently 3 episodes deep and I keep watching for everyone BESIDES Dickwad Rant. Seriously, this character is so retarded, I can't even imagine why. He was trained for 15 years by Kung Fu monks, instilled with the wisdom of Buddah and yet behaves like a 15 y/o edge kid.
Frankenstein is entertaining, so are Douchebag and his Sister Resting Bitch Face.
And Katana Girl is cute as a button and kicks some ass.
But the actual Iron Fist makes me cringe everytime he pops on a scene.
>>
>>90853343
true dat
>>
so,....Danny took a vow of celibacy and an episode later he fucks colleen. Does Danny know what celibacy means?

And MILF Misty should have been the one to take his virginity with her sexual experience.
>>
>>90853202
Luke Cage was indeed shit but at least it had good actors, something I can't say about Iron Fister.
>>
I think it was pretty progressive of Marvel to change the character of Iron Fist to make him fall on the Asperger's spectrum.
>>
I'm eight episodes in and so far it's my second favorite Netflix-verse show after Daredevil season 1.

Now, it might fall apart in episodes 9-13, but if it keeps going as it's going I'll be happy.
>>
>>90853343
Captain autism fist is great, I was worried they were going to go all zen
>>
>>90853661
nigga left his post a kun lun too, he just doesn't give a fuck
>>90854009
9-13 are great, doesn't slow down at all
>>
>>90854009
Problem is, after the whole debacle of Flash Arrow I was completely blown away by DD S1. But nothing could recature that magic. To be fair, DD S1 was incredibly impressive and so was everyone I knew who watched.
But unlike my GF, I had no interest in JJ and LC is still dragging on for me (I'm stuck at Ep 5 for three weeks now)

>>90854010
It's not even autism, but he's acting like a 13 y/o spoiled dumbass
>yes I learned Kung Fu and to meditate
>but still have the impusle control of a todler
>>
>>90854062
have you seen kun luns mediation? they literally just bury shit which is why danny keeps having outbursts, he never developed properly as an adult in kun lun and he never dealt with the trauma either
>>
>>90854062

Flash is great. After Daredevil season 1 Flash season one is my second favorite (live action) Superhero show. I also prefered Flash season 2 over Daredevil season 2.

Bullseye didn't kill Elektra and it felt really bullshit to me. Also, Daredevil and Elektra literally never fucked after fighting ninjas, which made me even more mad.

And no, the inclusion of Frank didn't make up for the fails.

>>90854028
Cool, I'm excited to watch more with my girlfriend tomorrow night. She's shipping Colleen and Danny though, and I'm like he needs to get with Misty.
>>
>>90854180
>Flash is great.

Flash had a good S1 and good/decent S2.

But S3 has just been crap, almost everyone seems to be getting more retarded each episode.
>>
>>90854236

Haven't watched season 3 yet other than the first 3 episodes so I can't comment on season 3.
>>
OP here. On ep 9 and I'm completely ok with it until now. Hope it doesn't start flipping out in a shit way like LC
>>
So I'm around episode 7-8 and something doesn't make any sense. Danny is the majority shareholder in Rand. How does the Board deny him a voice? Do the writers just not understand what majority shareholder means? Danny could fire the entire BoD if he wanted to.
>>
>>90853674
I liked everyone in Iron Fist, Colter can't convince me he's Luke Cage for shit.
>>
It's 10x better than Luke Cage. I hated that show.
>>
Luke Cage fell apart when Mahershala's character died but that first half was amazing.
Iron Fist never got as cool, but was the most consistent season since DD S1.
>>
>Hate on Mass Effect
>I am just a sheep who follows whatever people say
>Love Iron Fist
>I am just a contrarian who is just always against popular opinion for the sake of it
Can anyone relate here?
>>
>>90855211
I'm hating both, so not really. I can't believe people are giving BioWare another chance after how long it's been since they churned out a good product. Starting to feel that way about Marvel Netflix, too.
>>
>>90855198
>Iron Fist never got as cool, but was the most consistent season since DD S1.
This, people are fucking retarded, they've been complaining about how Netflix shows just die after 6 or 8 episodes and when this show comes around that builds up the speed as it goes along they hate it because it's different.

I hope you'll be happy to see Defenders reshoots in which anything interesting will happen in the first 2 episodes and rest is just as bad as Luke Cage.
>>
>>90855245
>Hating on Iron Fist
>Having bad taste
Yup, you definitely can't relate.
>>
>>90855252
>they hate it because it's different.
No, they hate it because it's awful.
>>
>>90855288
It's good, though.
>>
>>90855292
I wish. It's terrible in every conceivable way and has 0 redeeming qualities.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDECawJA5Oo

Christ even Arrow has better fight scenes than this.
>>
>>90855211
No. Mass Effect is the great videogame Sci Fi epic.
It's Star Wars or Dune or Hyperion Cantos and it's amazing.
>>
>>90855300
You're wrong. It's good in every aspect and has many redeeming qualities.
>>
>>90855310
This is only true if you pretend it's a one-off game and not a series.
>>
>>90855039
Seriously I need someone (anyone) to address this question because it's ruining the show for me. Suspension of disbelief works for a guy with a glowing hand, but nobody said they were rewriting definition of controlling interest.
>>
>>90855330
Everything I mentioned is a series.
>>
>>90852455
>This is most definitely not as bad as everyone is making it out to be.
It's just boring, that's the worst part.

If it was bad, you could at least enjoy it with friends in shit-talking it, but when it's boring and a chore to sit through, then it's no fun.
>>
>>90855320
Keep shilling. At first I was sad that IF turned out so bad, but people like you are making me laugh. SO thanks, I guess.
>>
I disagree with the people who act like it is racist, but my GOD, this show is tediously slow. Like, redoing the same conversations multiple times slow.
>>
>>90855307
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB8jPEgUjeo&ab_channel=ArrowandFlash
>season Finale
At least stop being so delusional, CW shill.
>>
>>90855376
Keep hating. At first I was glad that IF turned out so good, but people like you are making me laugh as well, SO thanks, I guess.
>>
Such melodrama.
Much cheese.

Inconsistent characterization for every main character other than Ward.
Unlikable title character for the first time, awful dialogue, terrible direction other than the RZA episode.

I regret defending it's casting choice for the last year.
>>
>>90855365
Mass Effect as a series is only comparable to Dune if we take "Dune" to mean the Brian Herbert spinoffs for some ungodly reason.
>>
>>90855404
memeposting really isn't helping your case.
>>
>>90852455
I've only seen the first 2 episodes but I enjoyed them quite a bit. And apparently those are the worst episodes in the series. Is it as good as the other excellent Netflix shows, maybe not (at least so far). Is it better than most cheesy-ass superhero shows, like Gotham, Flash, Arrow, etc., most definitely.
>>
>>90855380
I said has better fight scenes, I'm not saying all of Arrow's fight scenes are better nor that Arrow doesn't also have terrible fight scenes you idiot.
>>
>>90855426
I am just talking in only language you can.
>>
>>90855439
If you think Arrow has anything even remotely better than Iron Fist, then you are straight up a shill.
>>
File: 1234.jpg (8KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
1234.jpg
8KB, 222x227px
>>90852455
So I just finished watching it all. Spilers ahead

>Way more claire than I expexted. I dont dislike her character but I just bindged all of luke cage the day before because I never got around to watching it, so she felt like a bit much.
>I really do feel like if you added up the time the characters got, especially in the middle episodes, danny had way less screen time than the meachums.
>No real entrypoint into defenders, the ending where him and coleen go back kunlun but can see it was attacked and the way closed was a bit dissapointing.
>Bakuto was pretty a shit. Boring. The whole idea of the training camp was a bit weird.
>Hoenstly I loved both Harold and Ward. I really want to see Ward more in the future. Maybe theres something about the name.
>Thought we would see more of kun'lun to be honest, or at least learn more about Gaos history in the MCU.
>Its been 5 seasons of New York and the hand still hasnt accomplished anything. Its really dragging on. Do we have a good timeline of things? Jessica jones was only about 2 weeks, Luke Cage felt like it was all pretty quick. This too, Less than a month at least danny was back in NY. I really want to know what the fuck the hand is doing with that Giant hole. I honestly thought Daredevil would show up in the last few but then again I guess its Iron Fists first season so it wouldn't be fair if he came along to 'save' it.

What is the next one coming out? Is it The Defenders or The Punisher solo?

Also coleen's ass holy shity. I had to stop to jerk off every episode.
>>
>>90853343
>Seriously, this character is so retarded, I can't even imagine why. He was trained for 15 years by Kung Fu monks, instilled with the wisdom of Buddah and yet behaves like a 15 y/o edge kid.
It makes sense that he would have arrested development at least as far as Western social conventions go since he's been in a magical land since childhood.
>>
>>90855454
>a shill calling someone else a shill
Comedy gold.
>>
>>90855454
Arrow at least has its titular character in costume.
Iron Fist didn't even get an "ew comics, amirite?" like in Luke Cage.
>>
>>90855454
It is, it did the Billionaire gets back from being lost thing quicker and better. It did the Billionaire becoming a vigilante better, and it did fight scenes better than IF did when it hits its strides.
>>
>>90855454
Fucking Power Rangers has better fight choreography than Iron Fist.
>>
>>90852569
Sex scene was shit yeah.

In the flashback we see danny pretty recently actually got the Iron Fist. He didn't have it long before running off. Thats why he didn't finish the training.

Even though the nu-hand training camp faction was retarded it did show how there were different factions of the Hand, just like Gao and Nobu were different factions.
>>
>>90852674
For me its
DDs1
DDs2
LC
IF
JJ

Though iron fist were pretty close, not because IF was bad but because I liked JJ, enjoyed them both. I have enjoyed them all but DD was way above the rest and LC was a bit more fun than the others.
>>
>>90855454
https://youtu.be/u2p51oankaQ

Iron Fist has no fight scene even remotely on the level of this one. Prove me wrong
>>
>>90855528
I can't, because literally any random fight in Iron Fist isn't uploaded on Youtube yet.
>>
>>90855541
They're that bad.
>>
>>90855541
What the fuck are you talking about. There's already quite a few of them up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9I_jiCDK9I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDECawJA5Oo&t=60s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px4zT-TrugY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkH2pyMeT70
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMxh6bPve6o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjdhrpVPzVU
>>
>>90855528
danny VS drunken master guy is pretty good
>>
god fucking damn even this Youtube Fan Film is already a better Iron Fist adaption than this show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktbxAJzC6eo
>>
I haven't watched it yet but my buddy said the fight choreography is laughably bad. He said that he was cracking up during some scenes. I guess it's a pretty far cry from the Daredevil hallway fight. Which is a shame because if any show needed awesome fight choreography it was this one.

I'd rank Daredevil number one but Karen Page was such an awful character that she literally ruined the show for me. Fuck her and her Mary Sue bullshit. That scene where the show basically had to make Wesley into a complete moron in order to have her kill him was when the show went past the point of no return for me. That and the fact that her stupid ass got several people killed. I hate her so much I haven't watched Season 2 yet because I hear she gets more focus.

Jessica Jones was my favorite. Why do so many people hate it? She's probably my favorite hero and it had the best Marvel villains we've ever seen on screen save for Winter Soldier and Zemo from the movies.

Haven't watched Luke Cage and Iron Fist yet.
>>
>>90855372
This. There is no reason for this show to have all conversations repeat themselves and right before they get interesting, they just stop
>>
>>90855601
Season 2 DD is great dude, yeah theres more karen but you get hard out DD from the start and its great.

Luke Cage is really good. I liked JJ too.

I think Iron Fist is the lowest at the moment, I just finished binging and honestly can't remember any amazing fights. I think the problem was he didn't have someone good to fight against. The kung fu big bad was a shit
>>
>>90855601
Fights are fine. That hallway fight scene is just a single fight scene with some very visible flaws that no one just expected to be that good at the time.

Iron Fist is exactly on par with Daredevil's choreography except for that hallway fight.
>>
>>90855578
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMxh6bPve6o
I don't know what's funnier, the terrible fight choreography, the laughable dialogue or the fact that the actors can't deliver a line to save their lives.
>>
Just finished episode 7 and I'm fucking bored out of my mind. Anyone want to sum up the important plot points from the last 6 episodes?
>>
>>90855668
>Season 2 DD is great dude
Why are you lying to the poor man?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gpu1J6C0CY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px4zT-TrugY

christ just compare these two. One of this is a Netflix show with a comparable budget to a CW show which is... a CW show
>>
>>90855668
That's seriously disappointing. How could they have missed giving the show a great villain? All the shows have had good ones so far. Much better than the movies actually.
>>
>>90855680
Your meme opinion is funny.
>>
>>90855701
Yeah, elevator fight is cool.

You can't make any claims about the budget, generally TV shows that air on TV have simply bigger budgets, but Arrow also must stretch it out to 23 episode.

Meanwhile Netflix shows don't have money to show Jessica Jones fly or Luke Cage be good.
>>
https://streamable.com/cmctg

Holy shit this is nauseating to watch
>>
Having just finished I'm surprised how much sense Danny's character actually makes by the end. Early on it bugged the shit out of me that he was so spazzy and PTSD-riddled while also being a meditative kung-fu master, but it explains a lot that he seemingly spent 15 years just being told to get over it and fight. The execution could have been better, but it wasn't an angle I expected.

I just hope he's a little more competent come Defenders though. He gets poisoned, drugged and whatever else way too often, on top of just not seeming very impressive. If not for the glowing fist every couple episodes he'd seem MUCH less useful than say Matt, despite being superpowered.
>>
>>90855701
How can you have a comparable budget, make a series about a character that specializes in martial arts and yet still let a fucking CW show have better fight choreography... fucking boggles the mind.
>>
>>90855701
Both of those are shit.
>>
>>90855757
Fucking, what makes you think they are comparable?
>>
>>90855710
Your meme post is funny.
>>
>>90855763
but one of those was more expensive to produce. Really makes you think
>>
>>90855766
They really aren't comparable and they shouldn't be, but Iron Fist should have the better ones.
>>
>>90855766
>Faster
>Less jump cuts
>None of that Movement->Hit->Impact cuts that plague western action movies
>>
Daredevil > Luke Cage = Iron Fist

Haven't watched Jessica Jones yet. Daredevil's both seasons are still good. Luke Cage to me was that they needed a way to "nerf" the character for too long (drill bullets). Iron Fist's main problem was that there are a lot scenes where they dragged on too long and the fights as a supposed martial arts show, the fights sucked, the only passable fights were the ones in episode 6.
>>
>>90855601
only reason JJ left a bad taste in my mouth is bc kristen ritter is at best a wooden plank of an actor and laughably bad at trying to sell the "surly alcoholic PI" angle. whenever she wears her hoodie and fingerless gloves she looks like a 13 y/o mallgoth. fuck her
>>
>>90853322
12% isn't a rating. It's how many critics gave it a good rating. I'm not sure where RT draws the line between a good and bad rating though.
>>
This is the fastest I've finished a Netflix show. I really liked it.

If it as a season 2 they need to hire a better choreographer and better directors.
>>
>>90855784
And it does.

>>90855792
Ok?
>>
>>90855843
It shoud've but ti doesn't.
>>
>>90855839
I hope it does. With S2 of DD seeing Matt in costume all the time I hope they'll allow them to delve into mystical shit more.
>>
>>90852455
I really liked Danny/Colleen.
>>
>>90855852
No matter how much you'll shill CW, CW shill, I'm never getting back to Arrow after season 3. You can stop lying.
>>
It's so depressing seeing these discussions and being reminded of Luke Cage. The show the first half was leading to could have been so good.

Iron Fist more or less had some consistency, which is a hell of a feat after the last couple.
>>
>>90855874
Sorry Netflix shill but I haven't watched Arrow for longer than you have. Iron Fist is just garbage and the fight scenes are laughable. Deal with it.
>>
File: IMG_0012.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0012.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Everything on a technical level is just so lazy.

They'd rather just blur out Finn's double than do camera work that would make it less noticeable, or even given him a mask.
>>
>>90855904
>Deal with memes
No thank you.
>>
>all this Daredevil circlejerking

Does it actually get good at any point?
Turned that shit off after about five minutes of the idiot batgrowling at shipping containers
>>
>>90855919
Coming from the guy that just calls everyone a "shill" at the drop of a hat...
>>
You know, Harold Meachum was a really good villain, the actor nailed it. Liked him more than kingpin.
>>
>>90855825
I actually bought her as a surly alcoholic PI because she was so dispassionate and detached. It felt a lot like Daria Morgendorffer grew up without really learning anything and I kinda dug that. I was fine with her sarcastic delivery. I think the "Am I really a hero?" angle was ham-fisted and poorly done though. She never felt like she wasn't a hero to me. When you oppose someone like Kilgrave, it's kind of impossible NOT to look like a hero considering the dude literally mindfucks people. Yeah, I know she dealt with the guilt of what she did, yadda yadda, but I think having her be like "I guess I am a hero after all" at the end was a forced attempt at a Wreck-It-Ralph story arc when she was never really a villain in the first place. It's not like she was a thug or criminal starting out.
>>
Why do people hate Like Cage's show?
>>
>>90855753
Yeah everyone keeps complaining about Danny not making sense but they really need to finish the goddamn show
>>
File: bundle1.jpg (332KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bundle1.jpg
332KB, 1920x1080px
>>90855916
I swear to god, if you shitposters analyzed every second of Daredevil the same way you analyze Iron Fist, we wouldn't have gotten Iron Fist at all.
Don't even think about posting "nothing of value would be lost" meme, you meme loving slut
>>
>>90855459
>What is the next one coming out?
Defenders next, release date is just mid-2017 at the moment. I'm expecting August for Defenders and then Punisher around November.
>>
>>90855934
Watch until Episode 5 at least. Also Kingpin and Wesley are best characters.
>>
>>90856014
>we wouldn't have gotten Iron Fist at all.
Would've been for the better.
>>
>>90852844
People bitching about him n being Asian don't get it's a fish out of water story.
>>
>>90856028
Wtf defenders so soon?

I'm happy but surprised
>>
>>90856065
Defenders have been shooting for a while.

I think it's set to release in September.

I think Iron Fist's cast had to shoot some parts of Defenders and some parts of Iron Fist at the same time as well.
>>
Was I the only one confused by Joy's last scene? She goes from realizing maybe Harold really is crazy and being mad at him for framing Danny, to wanting Danny dead so things will be "normal"? I get being rattled but what?

Davos makes a little more sense, but it still felt bizarre seeing him with her out in the world after so adamantly wanting to go back home.
>>
>>90856055
Fish out of water doesn't justify Mighty Whitey
>>
>>90855996
Because after Cottonmouth dies it becomes a lot cheesier with Diamond back's intro.
He was waaay to much cheese and the final fight reminded me of Meteor Man.

It was still much better than Iron Fist though.
>>
>>90856124
It does when done well, which this show wasn't.
>>
>>90856046
Can't say I didn't expect that, it's not like you have anything of value to say.
>>
>>90856149
Honestly Netfilxverse needs more cheese.
Everything is oppressively dour and it's no fun to watch at all.
>>
>>90855996
Because at it's heart it's just fucking stupid.

It's got strong actors, a setting with a lot going for it and good music.

Unfortunately the pacing is shocking and the writing is frequently bizarre and laughable.

For instance the main antagonist Diamondback is introduced as a mysterious and powerful criminal with a shitload of resources but turns out to be just some guy who turns up on his own. He then tells Luke that he was Luke's brother all along but this sort of big reveal only works at all if you have any idea who Diamondback is but we don't. It's like if Darth Vader called Luke on the space phone in a New Hope and said "hey Luke I'm your dad" before Luke had any fucking idea who Darth Vader was even supposed to be and formed an opinion on him.

Quality of acting seems to go out the window in every flashback and for every action scene there's a seemingly endless amount of scenes of people grandstanding about Harlem or standing around the club talking about Ma fucking Mabel.
>>
>>90856014
Nothing of value would be lost.
>>
>>90856172
Go watch power rangers.
>>
>>90856172
Personally the problem for me was that it tried to do both and failed in the process.

The first half was serious and felt like it was building up something interesting, only for it to get shoved out the window for Diamondback and his cuhRAZY antics. Too much tonal clash for on show.
>>
>>90856117
>Davos makes a little more sense, but it still felt bizarre seeing him with her out in the world after so adamantly wanting to go back home.

Well you can handwave that away as he found that Kun Lun was gone already.
>>
>>90854180
>I also prefered Flash season 2 over Daredevil season 2.
S2 of Flash was terrible.
>>
>>90856166
I mean that should have been was IF was in the beginning.

Danny should have been happy go lucky up until he found out the Hand was in Rand then he should have been gungho about his place in the company. He should have been a manchild in more ways than just throwing temper tantrums every once in a while.
>>
>>90856211
Not enough cheese.
Now THIS is cheddar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2KINJFwnVE
>>
>>90856165
hes not mightey whitey in this did you even fucking watch the show?

Of course you didn't why am I asking
>>
>>90856251
meant to quote >>90856172
>>
>>90856014
Nothing of value would be lost.
>>
>>90856310
>>90856196
One thing of value would be lost.
We wouldn't have had Zombie Harold.
>>
>>90856014
Well, there would be no Jessica Jones if we did so yes. It would be for the better.
>>
Honestly, I think the show should have taken a page from Arrow's book and intersperse flashbacks to K'un Lun. This would have helped fill up time so there's less padding and give us more context for who Danny is. We get these little glimpses that help explain his weird behavior, like the way he was taught to suppress his emotions. Give us more of that and you get a much more interesting character, and you can also play up the angle that he's a man who belongs nowhere -- outside in K'un Lun, outsider in New York. That might also cut against some of the complaints about Danny as a white guy, if you actually spend some time focusing on his background and identity.

Of course, even if they did that the show still had garbage fights, which is unforgivable for Iron Fist. So hire a good fight choreographer too (and maybe embrace the costume so you can use a stunt double more). Between that and more K'un Lun, you'd have an A+ show.
>>
>>90856255
this is the Kamen Rider Hibiki episode right? Was Hibiki worth watching? The Taiko theme weirds me out.
>>
Show is ok i guess. First 3 episodes are mostly ass though. Ward is a better character than Danny which is hilarious. Colleen is well written, cute as hell, and kicks ass better than Danny can (nothing hotter than a woman who can kill you in am instant)

Basically if the show didn't have Danny it would be better
>>
>>90855601
>Jessica Jones was my favorite
mine too. The constant theme of suicide was spectacular but very emotionally draining on me
>>
>>90855680
and they cut out the good part of the fight when they fight amoungst the pipes
>>
>>90856477
Great series that got retooled into something mediocre halfway through.

Also, >good subs never
>>
>>90856388
>Honestly, I think the show should have taken a page from Arrow's book and intersperse flashbacks to K'un Lun.
That's what they did in the initial run of Iron Fist, it's basically how his origin was told.
>>
>>90855601
>Why do so many people hate it?
Because it was terrible in every single way.
> it had the best Marvel villains
I weep for Marvel if that garbage is the best they can offer.
>>
>starting episode 3

>still talking about Danny's legacy and how he owns the company and if he owns the company and the company the company the company

I DON'T CARE

FUCK

LITERALLY TALK ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE

It's nice seeing Hogarth back, though.
>>
>>90855320
>>90855404
>>90855440
Glorious
>>
>>90856255
if you want cheese, watch LoT. S1 was shit cause they didn't fully embrace the cheese, now they went full out and it's great.

But I don't want that in my netflix stuff, it's a different style of show
>>
If everyone says the first 3 episodes are the worst, then I'm really surprised why it got so much hate. It might be because I expected it to be bad, but I'm on the 3rd episode now and I'm really enjoying it. I like it more than Jessica Jones at this point.
>>
>>90855601
>Jessica Jones was my favorite. Why do so many people hate it? She's probably my favorite hero and it had the best Marvel villains we've ever seen on screen save for Winter Soldier and Zemo from the movies.

I think part of JJ's problem is that it's a bad show for binging. I ended up marathoning it in one day, and it's just an exhausting series. Watching week to week I think would be a much different experience, and there's a lot more time to let more dread for Kilgrave to sink in. It would help with that dark/trapped feeling. When you binge, it just becomes a draining series of chases.
>>
>>90856719
>dread for Kilgrave
For it to sink in it has to exist in the first place.
>>
>>90856711

>then I'm really surprised why it got so much hate.

I'm on episode 3 right now and the pacing is fucking dreadful. Every conversation is just people repeating the same three things over and over again, you could have condensed everything I've seen so far into a single episode. Even the slowest parts of Jessica Jones at least had character advancement going on, Danny has been a flatline this entire time.

I'll stick with it, but this is genuinely bad television right now. The best parts are David Wenham and Colleen Wing.
>>
>No Joy/Danny fug scene
Shit.
>Joy has been the Meachum on Danny's side since the beginning
>Wants him dead at the end
What the fuck man
>>
Hey, old black man died in this one too. He just wasn't as nice as the others.
>>
>>90857197
Even worse is that the half dozen scenes before that she was more and more disturbed by how violent Harold, Danny and Ward were getting.
It's against her character generally and contradicts scenes from like twenty minutes prior.
>>
>>90852455
Arrow and Flash had better first seasons than this. Think about that for a second, think about the budgets. Amazing how much you can fuck something up right?
>>
File: hmm3.png (133KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
hmm3.png
133KB, 2048x1152px
Just finished it

Pros

>Finn Jones as Danny Rand
>Colleen Wing
>Harold Meachum
>Ward
>Kyle
>various factions keeping the view in the dark as to who is the antagonist
>accuracy to origin
>Orson fucking Randall
>not afraid to be mystic as shit

neutral

>fights are passable but should have been alot better
>Joy

Bad

>Madame Gao being with the hand for some reason
>So much hand focus when Iron Fist has his own villains
>CLAIRE FUCKING TEMPLE WHENEVER SHE APPEARED THE SHOW ABANDONED ALL LOGIC
>if you kill them you'll be just as bad as them

Good show overall just a couple of things that really annoyed me, not as good as DD but way better than the others
>>
>>90857320
>smuganimegirl.jpg
>>
>>90857348
>Pros

bait/10
>>
Madame Gao is the best villain and the only reason to watch this shitfest.
>inb4 you just want to fuck her
>>
>netflix shills recurring to "at least it's a little better than CW r-right?"
>five times more budget
>it's not better at all
Jesus christ what a fucking trainwreck
>>
>>90857377
how the fuck is it bait, so the dude had 3 weeks to train so what he sells the character well and by the end when they reveal his entire character he comes off even better, and he had great chemistry with colleen too

or did you just watch the 1st 3 eps

>LE ZEN MASTER ACTS LIKE AN ANGRY KID WTFFFFF????
>>
>>90857434
>>
>>90857460
Nice meme shill, more entertaining than Iron Fist
>>
>>90857452
He had just 3 weeks to train? That explains why he was so skinny
>>
>>90857452
>he sells the character well

doubling down on the bait doesn't work when people already see the hook, friendo.
>>
>>90857486
think he did a good job considering the shitty fight choreographer and the 3 weeks thing.

Why the fuck did they leave it so late
>>
File: heh.png (306KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
306KB, 593x540px
>>90857485
>>
>>90857513
>Why the fuck did they leave it so late
He did a great job considerating that, can't wait to see him in the defenders, now that they had time to do thing properly
>>
>>90857348
>
>>90857348
>Madame Gao being with the hand for some reason

Is she, though?
I'm not finished yet, but it seems like there's a whole bunch of people assuming she's part of the Hand without any proof. Danny hasn't really fought any ninjas when she's been around, only Triads, mercenaries, and other immortal weapons.
>>
>>90857510
fine just keep posting bait XD and don't come up with an actual argument

Deal with it Finn portrayed a great juvenille Danny who had been burying all his PTSD shit because kun luns retard meditation,

Towards the latter half when the character became more like he was in the start of the comics he got even better

Just because the character of Danny Rand can be a bit of a fuck doesn't mean the actor is shit, its supposed to be like that
>>
>>90857586
hasn't she outright said she's part of the hand? and she represented the Hand in the tournament in ep 6
>>
>>90857348
>Pros
bait/10
>>
>>90857377
>>90857625
k samefag
>>
The show was shit. Not bad, shit. Maybe the reception was a little to harsh but in no way this shit should be praised or tolerated. The true SJW crime was to praise JJ and LC, not bash this turd. The acting is bad, the plot is shit and the action scenes are just embarrassing. You guys are right to be worried about this being compared to CW shows, it feels CWish but without the things that make people enjoy CW shows.
>>
>>90857286
If this gets greenlit for season 2, then I have no idea what the fuck they're going to do with her. Hell, it looks like Ward is on Danny's side now. Ward and Harold were pretty great, though.

There's so much shit that they can do, but I really don't want another season of Hand bullshit. Davos/Steel Serpent (not yet?) and K'un Lun being gone are huge ass cliffhangers. Is that just getting put on hold for Defenders?
>>
>>90857605
Gao lies, though.
IDK, I associate the Hand with the red and black ninjas and japanese iconography. Her people are chinese. She gets mercs from outside to do her dirty work. Seal team six came to rescue her out of the dojo. She and Nobu worked at cross purposes earlier in DD and her and Bakudo aren't on good terms either.

Is this poor writing or intentional misdirection?
>>
How can a show have worse fight scenes than those on Person of Interest? I didn't think it was possible.
>>
>>90857348
>Pros
>Fin Jones as Danby Rand
bait/10
>>
>worse fight choreography than fucking arrow
>kung fu show
top fucking lel
>>
>>90857721
Well the reason I hate Gao being part of the hand is the chinese thing and that she seemed link to IF villains.

Idk I'm gonna rewatch the show so I will pay more attention pretty sure she is Hand though

>>90857731

>fight scenes aren't as good as they should be
>THEY ARE SO FUCKING HORRIBLE WORST THING EVER
>>
>>90857765
well yeah, it's a kung fu show with a character that does kung fu. It by all means should have a lot of focus on choreography and naturally should have the best of the Netflix lot, but from what we see here it barely even passes just beyond of Luke Cage and JJ which weren't really expected to have good fight choreography which they really don't.
>>
File: iron_fist.jpg (119KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
iron_fist.jpg
119KB, 1400x700px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmOzHNgSw6Q
>>
>>90857765

>THEY ARE SO FUCKING HORRIBLE WORST THING EVER

That fight between Danny and Colleen was seriously on the same level as Daredevil/Elektra in the park.
>>
>>90857759
>>kung fu show
not really
>>
I can forgive the venezuelan telenovela tier bad acting, I can forgive the characters making retarded choices for the plot to advance, I can forgive the fight scenes being hilariously bad, I can forgive a lot of things. But being this boring is a fucking crime. I'm fine with the 20%, this shit is a chore to watch
>>
>>90857348
Orson Randall was in that old film clip of Bakuto's right? From 1940 something, '48 maybe.
>>
>>90857980
The acting isn't any worse than the other shows
>>
>>90858075
Yeah I'm assuming it was Orson from the look
>>
>>90858075
Danny said all the villagers told him he was the first outsider so there's very little to imply it's Orson other than the timeframe.
>>
Did anyone add Oniichan Ward to that Agents of Shield Wards chart?

Probably the best Oniichan in the MCU right now.

I didn't like how they set up Joy and Davos to be the villains in the next season. Happened to fast and felt unnatural.
>>
Fifty Six (56) cuts.

https://streamable.com/cmctg
>>
>>90852569
>No explanation why when he is stuck in kun Lin for fifteen years

I know /co/ doesn't read comics, but they actually do mention in the show several times that the interdimensional doorway only appears every 15 years.
>>
>>90855701
I'm not entirely sure what point you're trying to make. Are you saying that the Arrow scene looked better?
>>
>>90858288
Arrowfags are delusional and think that ripping Raid off without understanding why that scene worked in Raid means good fight scene, yes.
>>
>>90855701
Why can't Iron Fist directors keep continuity straight? That elevator scene looks really amateur, and it's unironically worse than Arrow
>>
>>90858236
Cuts don't make a fight scene bad, it's just the safety net of people that don't understand how film production works.

But yes, that was an atrocious scene.
>>
>>90858133
Orson wasn't considered an outsider he was born in kun lun
>>
>>90857434
>five times more budget

Sorry, you're confused. The Netflix shows have a lower budget than the CW shows or Agents of SHIELD. The difference is less than a million and episode, but still.
>>
>>90858355
Fair enough, I honestly couldn't remember.
It's been a while since I read it.
>>
>>90858380
Sure thing
>http://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/marvels-netflix-bound-tv-shows-cost-whopping-200-million/
>>
>>90854009
>I'm eight episodes in and so far it's my second favorite Netflix-verse show after Daredevil season 1
This was me until they started the Hand Kindergarden arc. They gave the impression that these kids didn't know what was going on but then suddenly they all behave like storm troopers.

Meanwhile all of the best plot points fall by the wayside while Joy and Dad work from home.

>>90854028
>9-13 are great, doesn't slow down at all
This nigga is lying. Fuck Bakuto.
>>
>>90858525
per show. Where as Arrow has 77 million per season. Arrow has more episodes but the Netflix have to use different sets/writers/directors/actors/etc for each show. Meaning they have to start from scratch with every show, Arrow uses the same shit for 5 seasons.
>>
>>90858380
You're saying CW shows have a bigger budget per episode? How is Netflix so far ahead in cinematography then?
>>
>>90858277
So how did he plan to get back at the end, anyway? I guess it stays open for a while? I have no idea how much time was supposed to have passed over the course of the season, either.
>>
>>90859132
>So how did he plan to get back at the end, anyway?
He assumed that the path to K'un L'un would still be open. Turns out he was wrong.
>>
>>90859132
have you watched the show davos says the gates are still open hence urgent need for the iron fist to guard
>>
>>90859277
I was not paying as close attention as I should have for the last episodes, honestly.
>>
That romance scene was very sweet and reminded me of my first time
>>
>>90852455
>master of martial arts
>struggles against man in hospital and in the truck

>master of chi
>doesn't use chi to heal himself or others just so they can shoehorn rosario dawson into another fucking show

>able to telepathically communicate thoughts and feelings into others
>never things to use this ability on his friends to prove to them he wasn't lying in episodes 1 or 2

Something ain't right here.
>>
>>90859350
>able to telepathically communicate thoughts and feelings into others
>>
Netflix and streaming on-demand television is ruining the television industry and hollywood and I hope this is the final nail in the entitled millennial coffin. Nothing good has come out of these online garbage dispensaries and every time you watch their shit you hurt entertainment media as a whole.

Fuck you.

I refuse to accept this shit as part of the MCU.
>>
>>90859319
>reminded me of my first time
your hand doesn't count
>>
>>90857513
>shitty fight choreographer
?
The guy seems to have decent credentials.
>>
>>90852455
its shit, get over it mouseketeer
>>
>>90859410
even the worst of these shows is better than the MCU movie trash
>>
>>90859410

do_you_have_a_single_fact_to_back_that_up.png.jpg.mp4
>>
>>90859410
It's better than most of the MCU though.
>>
>>90859400
Yes that is one of Iron Fists older powers.
>>
>>90855462
are you saying that everyone in Kun Lun is emotionally stunted as cultural thing?

That's really poor writing.
>>
>>90852674
1. DD S1
2. Luke Cage
3. JJ
4. Iron Fist
5. DD S2
Cottonmouth getting murked was disappointing but Diamondback was pretty entertaining.
>>
>>90859655
It's kind of a point in the latter half of the show. Danny and Davos talk about how they are trained to completely bury their emotions. Think Jedi.
>>
>>90859655
Not everyone in Kun'Lun has some severe trauma to work trough. Dude saw his mom get sucked into the sky, found his dad's frozen corpse, and then grew up having to bury all that shit deep doen because had had to learn mystical Kung Fu.
>>
I actually really enjoyed the show. I thought it was better than Luke Cage, since that show was shit the second half.

The problem is Iron First doesn't explain until the end that Danny is still incredibly undertrained and has a lot to learn. People assume he is already the Iron Fist we know in the comics. The last 3 episodes or so go into this and how he needs to get over his anger and finish his training.

Also Colleen is a cutie, and a great character for the show. Ward is complicated, and I started out hating him, but the second half the season I felt sorry for him, and then he turned out to be one of the good guys.

I would say the show is an 8/10, not a masterpiece but not shit. In fact it is quite good.
>>
>>90857852
haha good one.
>>
>>90859350
>>struggles against man in hospital and in the truck
not really, he handles them effortlessly. He doesn't get hit, just blocks a lot until he had good strikes. He gets pushed around a bit but that's really it. The first time he struggled was against the other immortal weapons.

but yeah, they toned down his chi powers in this series

>>90859410
sever case of autism
>>
>>90859562
the mind meld was a big one off thing, and was never implied in the show
>>
>>90853091
I agree with this listing. Though LC and JJ could be switched since the second half of LC was some of the most boring shit I have sat through.
>>
>>90852455
its shit on multiple levels. DD at least had some parts that worked, this has nothing.
>>
>>90859918
>the mind meld was a big one off thing
Was it? It even appeared outside of his own series (Maximum Carnage).
>>
>>90853661

vow of chastity, not celibacy
>>
>>90859889
> but yeah, they toned down his chi powers in this series

That's because he's undertrained in using the Iron Fist. The found footage Iron Fist had two Chi hands and kicked ass like Iron Fist should. Danny unlocked the powers and then bolted as soon as he noticed Kun'Lun being open.
>>
>>90859350
>never things to use this ability on his friends to prove to them he wasn't lying in episodes 1 or 2
never told them things that only he would know.
>10 year old got on a plane without a having his prints taken for the passport
>>
>>90857654
I agree with you overall but
>things that make people enjoy CW shows
Such as?
>>
File: Ehh.gif (2MB, 245x260px) Image search: [Google]
Ehh.gif
2MB, 245x260px
>>90852455
I'm on episode 5.

Its definitely boring. My biggest issue, more than anything, is the show is 90% shitty acting. Colleen is the only character I like desu.

I also hate how inconsistent Danny's fighting skills are. There is no reason the dude in the x-ray room should have been an issue when an episode later, he's fucking up hatchet triads.

The most interesting thing about the show is that they set up that Danny's got issues from the training, but its been side stepped at this point and when they do refer to that, its just to make him look autistic, not really explore the character.

Honestly, its only slightly better than Arrow. Hopefully it pulls a reverse Luke Cage and gets better as the season goes on.
>>
>>90855916
you mean to tell me they used a double and the fight scenes were still as bad as they were

fuck this show, for real I regret watching it

am I supposed to like danny by the end of it or something? because I don't, in fact he's in the wrong 100% of the time and is just a naive triggered faggot that never gets whats coming to him
he's a bad person
>>
>>90859981
Doesn't his point still stand?
>>
>>90855347
Yeah, I was confused on that as well. I mean it kinda makes sense with the Meachums but Danny has over half. They could tell him not to bother with meetings but they couldn't fire him. Even if a unanimous decision by the board, he could clean house and hire a new board.
>>
>>90852455
>This is most definitely not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Sure the boardroom drama may not be very entertaining but it's much better than the cheesy teen romance shit the CW puts out.
I tried to watch this shit, and it's literally a boring, poorly choreographed version of Arrow's pilot. Sorry, mousefriend, but that's not how you sell a superhero series.
>>
>>90856014
>some things are bad in other shows/movies, so it's okay that some things are also bad here
I'm getting really tired of this argument.
>>
>>90853661
I think that was his way of showing he had not been fucking tons of bitches like arrow. he also broke other rules so why stop at celibacy
>>
File: Blind Tears.gif (1MB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
Blind Tears.gif
1MB, 245x230px
>>90856014
Daredevil, in the first season at least had great acting, great fights, a tightly constructed story and for the most part, got the characters right. I'd rather watch season two again than any of the other MCU shows.

Plus Charlie Cox is ripped as fuck. Finn looks like a twink.
>>
>>90860079

yeah, though danny could have married her before fucking her
>>
File: ironfist.png (343KB, 853x482px) Image search: [Google]
ironfist.png
343KB, 853x482px
was it grape?
>>
>>90860096
This is like, Cyclops fusing tectonic plates because the writers thought it was a good thing to do level stupid.
>>
>>90860255
He's just showing her his iron fist.
>>
>>90852569
Was JJ's sex scene that much better? I don't recall.

webms welcome
>>
>>90860096
>he could clean house and hire a new board.
board owns shears too.
>couldn't fire him
fire him from what? he does not work there.
>>90855039
technical any amount of shares entitles you to a voice. I have not gotten to those eps yet, Its possible the charter says they need 75% for some decisions. I have a better question for you, where did danny's shares come from?
>>
>>90860278
>Cyclops fusing tectonic plates because the writers thought it was a good thing
Embarrassing.
>>
>>90856675
Hogarth only shows up in like 3 episodes though.
>>
>>90860278
It does not take long to google, with comic you could make excuse of time but shows need even more time for production and if you are going to make it a major part of the plot than you need a consultant or something. seriously I can see some retard watching this show and being all "yeah go danny, show those corporate fucks". people laugh when some guy wants a wind turbine shut down because he thinks noise is making him sick but 15 people have cancer in a part of the city(city with millions of people and other productions) and it must be that 1 plant that was cleared, we are not sure what it is but it must be them. If the point was to make hippies retarded than it was a roaring success
>>
>>90860484
the point was how naive and simple danny's worldview was you retard
>>
>floor 13
so original, 2spooky4me

>>90856675
seriously I don't read iron fist but I never recall it being big part of his character, he is more butthurt than wayne when wayne was taken over by powers.
>>
>>90860512
I guess that was clear when he expected the hand to keep their word and dropped spaghetti when he had to fight a girl but come on, this is not enjoyable to watch
>>
>>90860518
he wanted his company back after he cleared his name at the start of the comics, it was just a minor subplot though, he just kinda got it back off panel was really weird.

And it only takes 3 eps for him to get it back anyway, and you find out that's not even why he came back
>>
>>90860484
>with comic you could make excuse of time
Fucking 8 year olds understand how tectonic plates work.
>>
>>90860587
I will admit that I don't. I don't remember anything about it beyond pictures of earth crust,magma,etc. I don't live over a tectonic area so I know less about it than about how tornadoes form
>>
>>90860624
I live in probably the least tectonically active place on Earth and we still had basic geology education, my man. That's not an excuse.
>>
>>90860512
Why did not all the beatings shape his worldview? Did not the guy who gave him donky meat teach him anything? Did he saw nothing on his way home? If he is on the Internet watching youtube vids about himself, did it never cross his mind to google anything, for example a history of his company and why they did the things they did?
>>
>>90855827
>not sure where RT draws the line between a good and bad rating
It's a binary "critic liked it" vs. "critic didn't like it" situation.
>>
>>90855039
its technically possible if both danny and martins kept all their shares on the open market and no one was buying, it was too high to buy. its very unlikely but would not be the stupidest thing in this show
>>
>>90856032
>Kingpin
You mean flippant man baby? He wasn't composed at all. Even allowing for the fact that this is before he became the true kingpin of crime, he still came off as way too unstable to have ever risen to the level he was at in the beginning.
>>
>>90860684
How the duck would beatings from monks teach about turning a profit in a business transaction

What the hell is wrong with you, and did he look like he had internet when he was travelling? Jesus im about done with this planet the internet was a mistake how can people be so fucking stupid
>>
>>90860830
its possible, if you look at it from a small pound point of view and Wesley doing most of the work
>>
>>90852455
This show IS the cheesy teen romance shit the CW usually puts out.
>>
>>90860878
>How the duck would beatings from monks teach about turning a profit in a business transaction
it would teach you about the nature of the world.
>when he was travelling
The world was still around. people on the streets, each a living lesson. he sure as hell had the net when he got his company back
>>
>>90856124
>Mighty Whitey
>hasn't read the comics
>didn't pay attention to the dialogue in the show
>apparently didn't care that they changed Davos to non-Asian
>doesn't know who Shang-Chi is, and why he makes pushing for Iron Fist to be Asian, irrelevant
>>
1. JJ
2. DD-Punisher/Kingpin stuff
3. Rest of DD
4. LC
5. IF
>>
>>90861006
Terrible list
>>
>>90860918
>Wesley doing most of the work
Yeah, that makes more sense, but my point was really that the Kingpin had no merit as a character.
>>
>>90860878
I don't know budism but I recall them having lots of hells and various warnings in their teachings and if X did not exit their would be no need for warnings. had budism been the only thing he had learned I would still expect more(and he defiantly learned more than budism)
>>
>>90861075
I liked him, he was like a side character form the sopranos or mafia games
>>
>>90852455
Nice copypasta. Anon.
>>
Wait. So how long does the city remain available for a visit? In the comics it's a day every ten years, but here it's every fifteen, and they don't say how long the city is open for.
>>
File: 1385333450931.png (233KB, 439x440px) Image search: [Google]
1385333450931.png
233KB, 439x440px
>>90861756
Danny, the person that is supposed to be guarding the opening, didn't seem to know how long it stayed open either.

Jesus Christ, this show.
>>
Why does Danny keep creeping on the asian at the start? She keeps telling him to fuck off and he keeps coming back. Even after he gets money, there's not really a reason for him to keep trying to get into the dojo. The romance sub plot doesn't start until after.

What was the point about him trying to get a job teaching kung fu?

Why was the Dindu with a scholarship for fighting so impressed about the one time he met danny and danny lost his shit, screamed, and started wacking people with sticks for talking shit to somebody who wanted him to leave?

Why wasn't Danny a zen hipster who repeats koans to every issue and never gets flustered.

Why the fuck doesn't Claire call any of her friends?

Why the fuck doesn't anybody ever follow up on her name dropping about knowing super powered individuals who fight the hand?

She was giving them massive goddamn signals and they miss it like you missed those signals from that girl in highschool.
>>
>>90862089
>Why does Danny keep creeping on the asian at the start?
yellow fever
>What was the point about him trying to get a job teaching kung fu?
he didn't have a source of income nor home
>Why was the Dindu with a scholarship for fighting so impressed about the one time he met danny and danny lost his shit, screamed, and started wacking people with sticks for talking shit to somebody who wanted him to leave?
good question
>Why wasn't Danny a zen hipster who repeats koans to every issue and never gets flustered.
because (a) the monks just told him to repress everything he felt instead of actually working on his emotions and (b) that'd be a boring as fuck show
>Why the fuck doesn't Claire call any of her friends?
good question
>Why the fuck doesn't anybody ever follow up on her name dropping about knowing super powered individuals who fight the hand?
presumably like us they just wanted her to fuck off already
>>
>>90861993
They kept it purposely vague.

>we have to go back now ! it's gonna be closed soon!"
>"y'know what? i'm ready to go back! I kinda never finished the training, after all I'm the Iron Fist, protector of K'un...wait, where muh city go?"
>>
I hope when they do the team up it's light hearted in nature and actually uses the team dynamics people enjoyed in the past.

I miss Zen Danny riffing with Cage.
>>
>>90862231
I don't believe in that repressed emotion babble. Your feelings are chemical reactions, and suppressing them through higher thinking isn't storing the chemical reaction for later usage until it bubbles up after reaching critical mass. Once your fit of rage or sadness passes, its done, it passed, so if you keep your shit together you've done good. You're not going to have a random break down later because you didn't have one now

in fact everything I've learned about "get it all out" when someone is being emotional, is that it's bad advice. By giving in to those lesser instincts you're conditioning a behavior and will be more prone to losing your shit at the drop of a hat the more you do it
>>
>>90862443
The why doesn't make the idea any less retarded.
>>
Finn Jones somehow managed to make that typical "catch a sword with your bare hands" look weak. That takes talent.
>>
File: Sacha_Dhawan.jpg (51KB, 413x594px) Image search: [Google]
Sacha_Dhawan.jpg
51KB, 413x594px
>An Indian man is Davos

They couldn't find someone more...intimidating?
>>
>>90862895
Netflix doesn't do intimidating.
>>
>>90862895
it sort of undermines the whole idea of the white guy being an outsider if k'un-lun is multi racial
>>
>>90852455
I got to the part with the Ward flashback in the first episode, and it was so cheesy and disconnected with what an actual bully would say, and Ward's dialogue was so badly delivered, that I laughed out loud, and then turned it off.

I'll probably go back to the show at one point out of curiosity, but anyone who thinks the show is not "actively bad" in some parts or that the only problem is it being "boring" is deluding themselves.
>>
so danny has never killed anyone and is having problems with it but is ok with sending hatchet man to fuck up a wheelhouse? also what was the deal with 2 Russians, they had no special style (did not even move in sync) they cut up their hands like retards (which would make punching needlessly harder) I still did not get why their "we are one" was allowed a pass and the spider woman was all "muh pussy" and ill informed psychological warfare
>>
>>90862541
No, you learn to change your attitude towards certain memories and situations. By suppressing it, you're just ignoring it, and never changing your mindset.
>>
>>90863052
oh and guy number 3 was good but in his introduction we see him strangle a guy and most others seem to have died from gunshots so what did that have to do with his sword collection?
>>
>>90852455
Negro. Riverdale is much better than Iron Fist
>>
>>90863033
Show is eh. It has poor fight choreography and a wood main actor. Then again, so did luke cage when he was trying to do any kind of emotion other than cool calm and collected. Show is also really long and drawn out.
>>
>>90863067
actually it gets duller with each visitation.learn to change your attitude towards certain memories, only thing you do is twist them(mental gymnastics) or learn that you can't do shit.
>>
>>90863067
naw man, its totes how anger management works. they need to learn how to just stop that shit at them jump when they feel themselves getting upset about something.

become unrustlable
>>
>>90863113
where the twins fucking or not?
>>
>>90860349
>>
>>90863259
absolutely disgusting
>>
>>90860349
JJ had passionate and sometimes more visual sex. iron fist had less sexual sex than a pg 13 movie, hell him slamming that woman on the table was more sexual than anything he did with the asian girl
>>
>>90863259
you can tell by how they are sitting in his hands that the moment the bra comes off they flop and look like pancakes
>>
>>90863399
Most likely. Bitch is like in her late 40s. Wouldn't be shocked if she has grandkids.
>>
>>90862939
I get the feeling plenty of characters in this should be asian, but no one is complaining about those, are they?

It doesn't matter as long as they're not white, right?!

I hate these people. They just interchange us and use us as a tool to pat themselves on the back.
>>
>>90863143
No. A major component of a memory is the emotions you felt at the time, and your brain replicates them. Something that made you mad at school when your were 14 shouldn't have the exact same effect on you when you are 34. If you can't put past situations and events into perspective, you're going to be angry, sad and frustrated for a very long time.
>>
Ok so far i have seen 7 episodes, and the best one was not surprising directed by fucking RZA.

Colleen and Ward are probably the best characters on the show easily. Danny is a little bitch who can be hurt easily by common dudes.
Also doesn't this whole "I am the only one who can defeat the Hand" directly contradict what Stick says in Daredevil?

Even the intro sequence is lazy as piss and gives the wrong impression for a show about talking and business meetings instead of kung fu
>>
>>90863434
Well white people barely count as people.
>>
>>90855601
The fight scenes are mostly poorly edited and seem to try to mask that Finn Jones probably doesn't do even 10% of his stunts
>>
>>90863445
>14 shouldn't have the exact same effect on you when you are 34
yes. letting it all out is not the only option for achieving that effect
>>
>>90863477
I don't like the word white, because there are lots of perfectly fine whites
anglos are the problem

all the shitty things about white people, it's really just the anglos
>>
>>90863509
*scandiniggers
They all should kill themselves, especially Norwegians.
Now that I think of it, Frenchies must die too.
>>
>>90863399
t. has never seen big, natural tits
>>
>>90863509
the anglos, the germans, the slavs
>>
>>90863564
>slavs
>white
Ayy. I bet you think potato terrorists are white too.
>>
>Earth-199999
why?
>>
>>90863125
>It has poor fight choreography
After what we saw from Daredevil, and the nature of this show, there's no excuse for this. With Jessica Jones and Luke Cage, you can at least make the case, shaky as it is, that they're not skilled fighters, so the choreography doesn't have to be anything special. No dice here.
>>
>>90863563
you can tell from the shape her nipples are at the bottom and it's cleverly edited out

saggy as fug
>>
>>90863738
Yeah, it honestly felt like the fighting took a backseat and was in like 4th place of importance when it came to this show. It felt like it was something that should have aired on CW.
>>
>even more boring than Luke Cage
Top Wew Lad
>>
>>90863804
I honestly preferred luke cage to this, and iron fist was what I was most hyped for. Luke cages actor is also pretty wooden, but at least he could pull off calm and collected. The problem was when he tried to show any other kind of emotion like rage or sadness.
>>
>>90863804
I liked Luke Cage, though mostly for Cottonmouth.
>>
>>90863798
not only that, but the choreography they did do wasn't even correct
She did an arm bar in the 3rd episode that wasn't an arm bar, you use your hips as a fulcrum to apply pressure to the back of the elbow. She had the elbow below her crotch which is actually the guys escape, so there would be no pressure.
further, she also had his palm pointed upwards, an arm bar doesnt' apply pressure in that position, you need to have the persons thumb pointed upwards

so essentially they didn't even get martial artists to put this stuff together
>>
>>90863798
I could be wrong, seeing that I just read small appearances, and his original story, but I got the sense that he is a quintessential kung fu movie hero. The stories I've seen him in have all the usual aspects you'd see in a Bruce Lee movie for example.

So it came at quite a surprise to realize the whole show is actually boring as fuck. And not just the corporate stuff.
Even the fighting and characters feel like they didn't want to go all out on the fantasy, and be called weird.
>>
>>90863872
>>90863891
Agree, Luke Cage was better than this. Although Luke Cage was bad too, at least it had some interesting villain for a while and the whole black 70s movie vibe kind of saves the whole thing for me. I was bored out of my mind but I managed to finish it

This shit you couldn't pay me to watch it again. Jesus christ what a shitshow
>>
>>90863891
Never really got into Cottonmouth, was a big fan of Diamondback though and as far as I can see I'm pretty contrarian on this?
>>
>>90863872
>>90863891
>>90863971
Also Luke Cage had the better soundtrack.
>>
>>90864033
Yeah, iron fists opening was really fucking generic. With daredevil, jessica jones and especially luke cage, I'd watch the opening several times before I started skipping it. I only watched the opening for iron fist once. I remember really super generic asian music, and a really lame poser cgi model doing kicks. Honestly, the entire show felt kind of phoned in.
>>
>>90863996
I know where you're coming from, except it's Kilgrave I hate and sincerely believe he's one of the worst villains I have ever seen on a non-CW show.

Barely a step above someone like The Brain Surgeon from Dexter.
>>
>>90864033
>>90864129
>>90863971
*dabs*
>>
IF = LC > DD s1 = DD s2 > JJ >>>>>>>>>>>>> AoS

Alternatively...

Colleen = Elektra > Chloe Bennet > Elizabeth Henstridge > nurse = misty = May = JJ's sister > JJ > Joy >>>>>>>>>> Karen

And

LC > DR = JJ > Punisher >>>>>>>>>>>>> MM

Or

Kilgrave = Gao > Harold = Fisk > Cottonmouth > Diamondback = Ward > Nobu >>>>>>>> Nuke
>>
>>90864186
>Kilgrave = Gao
Don't fucking insult Gao like that. Or Cottonmouth for that matter.
>>
>>90863798
>It felt like it was something that should have aired on CW.
Glad I'm not the only one who got that vibe.
>>
I loved how this show brought everything together and expanded the connections, but man this is the weakest Danny ever.
>>
Like one main complaint of mine is the dumb "Id eat ice cream everyday thing. Like I understand it was shown to show his craziness, but I felt they way they handled it was really bad. Like Kyle (I think was his name) answer of the question with "id eat ice cream for breakfast" was such a stupid response. If it were a different line or maybe if his character was portrayed better I'd like it. Like if he said "Hmmm I'm not sure, i never though would i'd do. Maybe something silly like eat ice cream for every meal hahaha" then I could believe that situation and line.
>>
>>90864485
I'd thought a namefag like you would understand the clearly autistic better.
>>
>>90852455
Do I have terrible taste for really enjoying this?
>>
File: XqWniZU.jpg (122KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
XqWniZU.jpg
122KB, 800x600px
So when is Danny gonna get this suit?
>>
Joy turning evil at the end came out of nowhere. I guess she's evil in the comics or something.
>>
>>90866066
It's Danny's fault for being alive really. What a massive inconvenience to Joy's life.
>>
>>90866144
But it's not his fault, her dad was doing shit way before Danny returned, and Ward was a drug addict way before Danny returned. Harold was to blame for literally everything
>>
>>90865484
That mask looks cool. I wish they'd have put Danny in it by the end.
>>
>>90866066
They showed that she had straight supervillain traits with the "you can have this boy's kidney" shit. I like that scene since you see Ward being like "Yo Joy, the fuck?" Ward always did shitty things because his dad told him to. Joy did them on her own.
>>
>>90866642
Maybe Matt's autistic suit maker can make a suit for Danny?
>>
>>90866669
I love the reveal with her saying it's because she thought it's what Ward would do. She was Daddy's Girl the whole time while Ward was just a normal person in a fucked up situation.
>>
>>90864186
>ELDER GOD TIER
Fisk
>CARRIED THE SHOW ON THEIR BACK TIER
Kilgrave, Cottonmouth, Ward
>GREAT TIER
Gao
>EVERYONE ELSE TIER
Everyone else
>>
File: FLASH!.png (854KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
FLASH!.png
854KB, 800x800px
>>90865484
>That outfit
Oh my god daddy please
>>
So I just started episode 4 and god damn Joy's character is fucking flip floppy. One minute shes "Muh Danny!" the next shes a complete cunt for no reason. Does she get better later? Seems like shit writing. Rest of the show is fine I suppose, a bit dumb that the magic stuff is given a backseat
>>
>>90866950
Frank should be in carried the show tier, since he carried DD S2 hard. Accurate list otherwise.
>>
>>90859867
Ward's character is probably the one thing in the show that I'm genuinely impressed with. Pretty much the only character with any depth which is surprising considering he started out as a mustache twirling shitbag straight out of a saturday morning cartoon.
>>
>>90865484
>they actually made the IF mask
>it looks great
>don't bother to give it to Danny
But why?
>>
Loved the series, good acting, good story, good villains, as far as I'm concerned biased reviewers killed the show based on the retarded SJW bs.
>>
>>90867170
Frank wasn't a villain.
But he's definitely in a league of his own anyway.
Punisher is coming out before the Defenders, right? They're both this year, and I can only assume they've wrapped filiming on Punisher by now. They started before the Defenders.
>>
File: cutelin.jpg (87KB, 1755x882px) Image search: [Google]
cutelin.jpg
87KB, 1755x882px
who /bestgirl/ here?
>>
Why is Rosario Dawson getting blacker every season, I could swear she was tanned(or latinos wtv you muricans call them) in the first DD season.
>>
>>90864485
I took from it that the writers were trying to portray the assistant as unambitious, if he could do anything he would just eat ice cream. It's pathetic, and upsets Meachim because he's an ambitious egomaniac man, so then when he asks for the most boring of things at the meal he kills him for being pathetic boring and unambitious.

Or at least that's what the writers completely failed to get across, simple fix could have been him ranting about the kid being pathetic, instead of ice cream which was just retarded.
>>
>>90867410
pretty sure he was just mad he couldn't be with his kids and the only other person around gave some bullshit excuse for wanting to leave him too
>>
>>90852455
Third wheel the character Claire ruined so much of this show just by being around.

It was grating to have her interrupt character moments, constantly pander to normies with her shitty jokes and "das zo weurd" comments.

Fuck whoever came up with the idea of putting her in scenes where she is replacing members of the actual supporting cast in conversations and character relationships was such a retard it's unbelievable to me.
>>
>>90867484
I think people can take a lot of things from the scene but the writers should have just picked a subtext and made it text, instead of him ranting about the ice cream while he beats him to death.
>>
>>90867356
She a best
>>
>>90867356
post butt
>>
>>90864033
TRASHMAN DIDN'T GET NO TRASH TODAY
>>
>>90867508
On one hand Claire works because she knows The Hand and what kind of shit they do, but on the other she's the pinnacle of then lording this impending crossover over us. "I know a good lawyer!" "My boyfriend isn't around right now!"
Not to mention all these other allusions "The PI I hired was great... when she was sober at least" like ok we get it we know these people are going to meet but peppering an already shitty show with these hints we no longer need is overkill
>>
To that anon who kept defending Finn's casting because WEEEEH BUT ACKSHULLY SMALL BODY IS A WELL-KNOWN WUXIA TROPE *ADJUSTS GLASSES* Fuck you! This twink not having a modicum of athleticism or fighting skill (let alone warrior aesthetics) ruined this piece of shit and I hope you enjoy being stupid and wrong.
>>
>>90868557
He had three weeks to prepare.
>>
1. The budget constraints kneecapped the show's potential. Danny makes a reference to growing up in K'un Lun on average once an episode. We don't get to see any of it because that would cost money. That's shit.

2. Finn is not a good martial artist, at all. That's a big problem when the main character is a martial artist.

3. The fight directors dropped the ball big time. Just to give one example, there's a scene where Colleen starts showing off her sword skills for Danny, swinging her blade at him. Could've been neat... if her blade had been allowed to get within a mile of him.

It's hard to do a martial arts show when your star actor is not a martial artist, and for inexplicable reasons nobody in the show rose to the occasion and suggested "maybe use a mask so we can use a stunt double more easily?" Thus we get endless cuts away from the action because in truth Finn wouldn't be able to pull off the action needed.

Seriously, hands down the biggest stumbling block in the show is that nobody put a mask on the character that wears a mask all the fucking time in the source material. It's moronic.
>>
>>90862895
Wow he has fantastic hair.
>>
>>90868710
Fuck Marvel for going with Scott Buck. Why would you get someone who has only done Everybody Loves Raymond and the worst seasons of Dexter?

The whole mask thing is ridiculous because they said they had no reason to put him in one. Aside from allowing greater freedom via a stuntman/stand-in it also seems more plausible he would use a mask to hide his identity FROM PEOPLE ON THE INSIDE OF HIS COMPANY PEDDLING DRUGS instead of going around and saying HI I AM DANNY RAND WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE
>>
>>90865484
The fuck? Why couldn't Danny wear the mask? Fucking bullshit hack showrunner.

>MUH REALISM
>MUH DANNY DOESN'T NEED A COSTUME DESPITE EVERYONE KNOWING HIS IDENTITY AND COMING AFTER HIM ALL THE TIME ESPECIALLY!
>>
I can't imagine this coming back for another season without some major shake-ups in the creative team. Yeah it'll probably be a ratings hit for Netflix, but it's by far the most critically panned project to come out of Marvel Studios/MCU.
>>
>>90869108
Some of that legitimately is people being way too hard on it over "this is totally white savior stuff" nonsense. Although they were not ENTIRELY without a point... the show fucking threw in "you were the prophesied one". Couldn't just have him be the latest in a long line of qualified Iron Fists, had to throw in a special prophecy all about him.

But yeah, there's zero fucking excuse for the martial arts show having such poor martial arts. A mask would've made things vastly better by letting the stunt doubles take up the slack, making the fight scenes better (and letting the writers put in more fight scenes since they would be more confident in their quality). It's baffling. A fucking mask.

For want of a nail the shoe was lost,
for want of a shoe the horse was lost,
for want of a horse the knight was lost,
for want of a knight the battle was lost,
for want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
So a kingdom was lost—all for want of a nail.
>>
File: 1449873517266.gif (318KB, 250x309px) Image search: [Google]
1449873517266.gif
318KB, 250x309px
>>90857452
>the dude had 3 weeks to train
What the fuck
It's like marvel genuinely wanted this to be bad
>>
>>90857452
>he had great chemistry with colleen too

Remind me why Misty Knight wasn't in this?
>>
File: 1489938716283.gif (941KB, 602x337px) Image search: [Google]
1489938716283.gif
941KB, 602x337px
>>
File: The Bride of Nine Spiders.jpg (214KB, 600x769px) Image search: [Google]
The Bride of Nine Spiders.jpg
214KB, 600x769px
>The Bride of Nine Spiders is now some stupid Hand Assassin that sticks you with needles coated with nonlethal poison

I am vexed by this development.
>>
http://www.wired.co.uk/article/iron-fist-is-no-white-saviour-says-showrunner-scott-buck

>"The mythological aspect, we sort of keep as a mystery that lingers throughout the series. We haven't fully explored it in this first season," Buck tells WIRED. "We approach Danny Rand as a person, and try to see the world through his eyes. As for the flashiness of the fist, it's dealt with in what we hope is the most realistic way possible."

I like how he pretended that the lack of special effects is totally intentional and not a result of Marvel turning its pockets inside out and pretending not to have the money to do shit.
>>
>>90869685
You and me both brudda. They mentioned other Capital Cities of Heaven, and I got hyped thinking they legit were bringing her in. But nope, she just loves spiders and needles.
>>
>>90870121
>the most realistic way possible.
But WHY? It's not realistic to have superpowers. Just fucking stop this shit Marvel. We already know magic exists, you gave us Dr. Strange and Ghost Rider on AoS for fucks sake. People don't care if it's realistic.
>>
>fell asleep through eps 9 and 10
>didn't really missed anything important

>>90855459
they really did get a little cheap by ep 8. the show really needs a Marco Polo tier budget and show us kun lun a lot to make up for this NY season and lack of mystic shit.
>>
Watching some of the fight scenes again you can actually see some of the trained martial artists stopping short to give Finn time to do his shit.

The directors should have been taken outside and shot. Inexcusable.
>>
File: 1483504975774.png (207KB, 600x979px) Image search: [Google]
1483504975774.png
207KB, 600x979px
>I was raised by a group of people who have a completely different culture and values from white america
>I was raised to be an elite warrior to smite my sworn enemies
>BUT KILLING IS WRONG

Are you fucking kidding? Is this supposed to be believable?
>>
>>90868710
>1. The budget constraints kneecapped the show's potential. Danny makes a reference to growing up in K'un Lun on average once an episode. We don't get to see any of it because that would cost money. That's shit.
I really hope they do season 2 primarily in K'un Lun, but I have a feeling they'll want to keep everything in New York.
>>
>>90870269
Dude he's lying. They didn't leave out shit like The Bride of Nine Spiders being able to legit shoot spiders because "realism," they did it because Marvel got stingy and didn't give them the budget for it. You can tell in all the other ways the budget just falls flat, like the lack of other locations for filming and the cuts away from the action every time something was happening that would've required a bit of money to do justice on the screen. In hindsight it's a blessing that Daredevil season 1 did so well. Whatever money was spent on Agents of SHIELD, less was spent here.
>>
>>90870369
>BUT KILLING IS WRONG

Dude, c'mon. The "other culture" he was raised in is True Believer Buddhist. Him having as many qualms as Daredevil is within reason.
>>
File: 1464564193265.png (287KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
1464564193265.png
287KB, 500x381px
>>90870306
Yeah.

There's no excuse when Charlie Cox/Daredevil does such a great job at fight choreography.
>>
>>90852455
How good is it really? In relation to the other Marvel Netflix series.
>>
File: 1461853454632.jpg (76KB, 750x714px) Image search: [Google]
1461853454632.jpg
76KB, 750x714px
So is it Finn Jone's fault that the fight scenes suck or is it the director/studio's not fault for not making or letting him practice his choreography enough?
>>
>>90870758
Iron Fist in the books wears a mask.

In any Iron Fist show there would definitely be scenes where Danny needed to do martial arts just on the spot, unmasked, and Finn's failings there would be his fault.

But there is no fucking reason not to have him put on a mask in other scenes where it would've made it possible to put an experienced martial artist in. That's on the directors.

>>90870691
It has its moments, but there's a lot of missed punches.
>>
>>90870121
>I like how he pretended that the lack of special effects is totally intentional and not a result of Marvel turning its pockets inside out and pretending not to have the money to do shit.
Not Marvel, it's Permutter. We are talking about a guy who was so stingy, he tried to veto having Tony Stark in Civil War because he doesn't want to hire RDJ. That was what got him banished to the TV division to begin with. And now he can be as penny pinching as he likes, harming Iron Fist.
>>
File: 1480876077058.png (90KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
1480876077058.png
90KB, 268x265px
>>90865484
Man, that costume is 10/10. Why doesn't Danny wear it if the Iron Fist has an official costume in the cannon of the show?

Would of also let Finn Jones be subbed by a stunt man for the action scenes.
>>
>>90858632
This, I was thinking this show was pretty good but the last few episodes killed it, instead of Gao bringing in Steel Serpent like I was expecting we get another villain who was a side note in the comics and Two fucking walks.
>>
>>90870906
Would have*
>>
>>90858632
>They gave the impression that these kids didn't know what was going on but then suddenly they all behave like storm troopers.

They should have played up that communist revolution thing he had going on.
>>
>>90855753
>less useful then say, Matt

I'd say DD is the most useful Defender atm, he's definitely the smartest and at least as good a fighter as IF if not better at this point. Right now I'm more looking forward to DDS3 than the Defenders, although since its the DD showrunner perhaps he can redeem IF (look cage was good for the first 5 episodes, iron first was good episodes 2-9, but LC didn't suffer from seeming too weak like IF)
>>
>>90870526
I dunno, I would expect a trained warrior to be taught how to be a warrior
>>
>>90867320
> because Anybody with half a functioning brain cell can tell you that they used this footage to setup Orson Randall for a potential appearance in defenders or IFs2.

Given that Madame Gao is ridiculously long-lived, it's just as likelly that Randall will emerge and 'pass the torch' to Danny, giving danny the opportunity to operate under the guise of who others will assume is the "Randall" version of Iron Fist after the torch is passed.

It's actually quite sad how many things aren't being discussed on this board about what's going on, the implications behind the newfound connections and why/how the events are likely to lead up to the defenders.
>>
>>90858277

He's saying no explanation why he doesn't understand how to use the iron fist or a lot of its powers when he's trained his whole life for it.
>>
Here's the thing about Danny's entire character: Everything he is and knows is fundamentally wrong and every decision he makes is wrong. The only thing going for him is is fight record.

He's got severe trauma AND been indoctrinated to be a weapon without feelings. All of this breaks apart when he loses his first battle of in the tournament and your perfect mental conditioning goes away.
Notice Lei Kun is no where to be heard or seen after that. Then what is left? A guy that doesn't know what to do.

Yeah we got some cool stuff: the tournament, the Bride Expy, using the China-Japan cultural conflict, the homage to the Axe Gang, Monk Custome, the immortality angle of the Meachums, Gao bitch slapping Danny to reality, name dropping Ch' Lin as the leader of the "Chinese Hand", and Davos having a legitimate claim of Danny stealing and using a weapon of his home inappropriately.

But it also reused the same flashbacks over and over. Dialogue was dull at times and the character feels a bit aimless.
And really we needed more fight scenes... hell, where are all of the ninja costumes from DD S2? Bakuto was the perfect excuse to give Danny a suit and we only saw a flashback of it. It's also making the same mistake of the original comics: recharging Chi is a poor excuse for not going balls to the walls crazy with super Kung Fu.

It's a B show at best, but there's room for improvement in the future.
I want to see Danny split a tank in two with a Chop next time, hear me Marvel?
>>
File: 1437262135826.png (22KB, 176x232px) Image search: [Google]
1437262135826.png
22KB, 176x232px
>TFW every fight scene in the Defenders with Finn Jones will suck and standout even more since he'll be right next to Daredevil
Hope whoever is in charge of Defenders makes Finn Jones practice his butt off.
>>
>>90872117
Somebody's gotta show him how to use his powers, he seems like he left the day after he got them
>>
>>90870369
>Raised in a monastery for 15 years
>Knows how to disassemble a handgun
>Knows how to use a cell phone
>"I am the sworn enemy of the Hand"
>"W-what!?! I have to kill them? That wasn't in the manual!"
>>
Daredevil was more of a martial arts series than Iron Fist was. Think about that for a second. Not only was it part legal drama and part superhero it also filled the niche better than the one that was designed to fill it. Good lord
>>
>>90873320
The time window seems intentionally left with a great deal of vagueness and much actual detail of what went down in Kun' Lun is pretty much left up to danny's explanation.

The bottom line is production budget being tight so Defenders can be much bigger, but they had to be exceptionally creative to dance around the fact.

Unfortunately, this means that more character development scenes were stretched out much longer, such as Harold Meachum's role in Danny's backstory being massively expanded to such a point that it clouded the possibility of a conclusion that focused on Davos.

The justification for this was most likely a last-minute decision because somebody forgot to separate the emblem of the drugs from the steel serpent symbol-which davos should have branded onto his chest...and yet madame gao (who has been to kun lun) was made to be stupid enough to spam it since DDs1 and deteriorated it's purpose in being branded on Davos's chest.
>>
>>90873568
And Luke Cage can do a super punch as many times as he wants as opposed to waiting a day to recharge after using it for 3 seconds.
>>
>>90870691
To me its like this:

DDS1 > DDS2 > IFS1 > JJS1 > LCS1

JJ is actually pretty good, or at least LC tier
>>
File: lets get down to business.png (195KB, 350x291px) Image search: [Google]
lets get down to business.png
195KB, 350x291px
>>90852455

I've finally finished it

>Finn Jones playing the part well
>Coleen being likable
>Ward being great
>Harold being great
>Davos
>action scenes were serviceable, some parts looked really good
>slow pace felt natural instead of just killing time like Luke Cage
>whole season is essentially Danny's original arc in reverse order
>that setup for Danny v Joy & Steel Serpent

My only complaints are Claire being a bit heavy handed, and falling into the
>if we kill him we'll be just like him!
and
>I lied to you because you would literally have been murdered
>but you still lied to me!!!
cliches. The whole "don't kill people" stuff was alleviated a bit by Coleen too so it wasn't AS bad. Other than that I really, really liked it. Not as good as DD season 1, but I don't think it had any major flaws. I haven't seen JJ but I'd put it over LC and DD2.
>>
>>90852569
>No explanation why when he is stuck in kun Lin for fifteen years he doesn't master the iron fist
You aren't very bright if you couldn't pay attention for the answer.
>Nobu
Yep, you're retarded
>>
>>90873885
>steel serpent

And Madam Gao, I think this confirms she is the Crain Mother (as well as the "I spent the 17th century" comment)

In the comics she was the one controlling the Steel Serpent much like what was implied in the end of the last episode. I just think it was a bit of a fuck you that she was hinted to be the Crane Mother and Steel Serpant were teased: In DDS1, think about that we've been waiting for the characters since the netflixverse go started and now we have to wait until either a IFS2 or a Heroes for Higher show.
>>
>>90874030
I never said I didn't I just restated his question to you because you were to retarded to read it in the first place
>>
>>90873885
>Finn Jones playing the part well
Nah. Might of been the director's fault for not giving him good direction though.
>>
>>90874030

>>90874125

My bad senpai I thought you were quoting me
>>
>>90874140
what makes you say that?
>>
>>90874208
Its just not believable he can fight
>>
>>90875131
That's what I heard going into it, and I didn't get that feeling when watching it. Can you elaborate?
>>
File: father and son.jpg (294KB, 604x659px) Image search: [Google]
father and son.jpg
294KB, 604x659px
>>
>>90852569
>No explanation why when he is stuck in kun Lin for fifteen years he doesn't master the iron fist
There was an explanation...you were fucking told why, holy shit

So far literally EVERYONE that I've seen complain about this show didn't actually pay attention to it.
>>
>>90875175
The action scenes with Finn Jones are just poorly executed/choreographed.

He's extremely slow and the fights are full of awkward cuts and angles meaning Finn Jones probably didn't rehearse enough or wasn't given enough time to rehearse.

TL:DR : The fights are fake to the point of breaking your suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>90875608
I don't know. Most complaints I see are:

1. Not enough action from a mystical martial arts based superhero and the fact that there's more corporate-board-meeting-fu than kung-fu.

2. The action that is there is mediocre at best.
>>
>>90875972
The action was subpar, and although Finn can act he couldn't do the required action scenes as he's clearly not a martial artist so it did fail in that regard.

It was still good even if the action scenes are only C grade at times.

Unfortunately unlike the other Marvel Netflix shows they chose the actor without consideration for the role and what it required.

We fell victim to Game of Thrones fame bullshit and it tainted Iron Fist. It looted that show for actors instead of being its own thing.
>>
File: ironfistwiwwiewig.jpg (132KB, 1008x403px) Image search: [Google]
ironfistwiwwiewig.jpg
132KB, 1008x403px
>>
File: tumblr_o5uliqg5Ca1ujllzro4_400.png (195KB, 268x420px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5uliqg5Ca1ujllzro4_400.png
195KB, 268x420px
Just watched the first two episodes, still not grasping why he thought he could just stroll into Rand Corp. after being missing for 15 years, shoeless, unshaven and looking decidedly homeless, and NOT be taken for some kind of whacked out wino. And running up to his understandably freaked out childhood friend on the streets, insisting he's not going to hurt her, casually implying he broke into her house while she was at work? What?

Like, I get that Danny lived in K'un-Lun for a long time and that their culture is different from that of contemporary New York, but Danny still grew up in Manhattan. He played Monopoly as a kid, he went to company picnics, he owned a fucking iPod. This is a person that should be able to understand why looking like a hobo while making seemingly outrageous claims might cause his credibility to take a bit of a hit.

Did his time away from home just wipe his memory of how regular people behave or what?
>>
>>90852455
so now night nurse is acting like danny's mom? My god this really is a CW show, I just did not see it because of the age but give everyone teen wolf age and its CW mixed with Kyle XY
>>
>>90876205
autism
>>
>>90876151
Daredevil's Charlie Cox shows you that you don't even need a martial artist. Just a lot of rehearsing and clever stunt doubles.

Butt yeah, I'm 99% sure Finn Jones got the role just because of Game of Thrones hype.
>>
>>90876205
They are writing him like a 16 year old boy. Its a magic world were they give you 51% of a company if you prove your identity. also apparently he learned nothing on his journey to USA and will spend half the time acting out "blank check"
>he owned a fucking iPod
apparently he still owns the same iPod
>Did his time away from home just wipe his memory of how regular people behave or what?
its called retarded writing. you could play it off as him being unhinged a bit but they did not follow up on that
>>
>>90876205
>Did his time away from home just wipe his memory of how regular people behave or what?
He literally lived in a land of magic far longer than he ever did in New York, so yeah.

He was 10 meaning he was only really truly aware of stuff for about 4 years. I don't remember stuff from when I was 5-6
>>
>>90875972
action was ok, plot bringing it together was weak, corporate stuff was pure nonsense. drunken fist, sexy spider lady, etc all the type of shit that elsewhere would get its own ep ended up being a B plot here. danny's old friends get more development than him
>>
>>90876357
>Its a magic world were they give you 51% of a company if you prove your identity.
No, that's how it works in real life mate. Those shares always belonged to him and he wasn't dead.

There's precedent for that stuff FYI
>>90876357
>retarded writing
He only had like 4 years of conscious New York experience vs 15 of Kun Lun.
>>
>>90873885
Claire was insurable in this, she fails at everything and does not know what she wants but acts like a know it all. I would have lost it if her "killing is wrong no matter what" did not get scoffed at, with her weak comeback being "well Gandhi thought so" further underlined when gao threatens her mother and she goes all "if anything happens to my mother"
>>
>>90876482
>He only had like 4 years of conscious New York experience
Did he teleport to new york?
>>
>>90852455
I'm up to episode 8 and I've been enjoying it so far
>>
>>90876574
>"killing is wrong no matter what"
I think your brain is omitting the fact she's a nurse and has taken the nurse equivalent of the Hippocratic Oath; the Nightingale Pledge so she's upholding her oath

>"if anything happens to my mother"
And yeah...people have difficulty with controlling their emotions...WHICH WAS A HUGE THING THE SHOW RUBBED IN YOUR FACE
>>
>>90876482
>Those shares always belonged to him and he wasn't dead.
no the money equivalent to share value at the time of his disappearance belongs to him. 51% today would be bigger both in value and amount, also it would have owners, dead guys 51% are not just going site around doing nothing. only possibility is that they issued more shares (which would devalue other peoples shares, so no one would agree to that especially if it made him majority holder) most big company charters also have larger requirements on major issues so that a 51% dick can't bully the minority holders
>>
>>90876482
There is precedent for long legal battles followed by months of paperwork. Getting yourself declared legally not-dead isn't an easy thing to do.
>>
>>90876780
>no the money equivalent to share value at the time of his disappearance belongs to him.
No, you're forgetting those passed to the Meachums with his absence. They kept the 51% so as to maintain control of the company, but in the event that the line of ownership is overruled by new evidence such as a legal document/someone being alive and above them in succession it goes to them immediately as upheld by the law.

Ward was only going to be able to fillibuster it in court due to lack of hard evidence, I don't know how fast the fingerprint would have worked in the court system
>>
>>90876733
>I think your brain is omitting the fact she's a nurse and has taken the nurse equivalent of the Hippocratic Oath; the Nightingale Pledge so she's upholding her oath
its like saying BDSM is for everyone, because I do it. her talking an oath does not mean its for everyone and even people who have taken an oath would not get judgmental if you fucked up someone who killed your parents and has been part of kidnapping, torture, mutilation,etc. especially if someone from that persons organization bisected the doctors friend
>people have difficulty with controlling their emotions
except its not unforeseen, she had this type of situations before, hell even people who have not had them usually sit down and reflect on how they would react. knowing that and preaching differently is hypocrisy
>>
>>90876917
so they gifted all their shares to him, it does not mean they legally own them. If a dead guy leaves you 2 cows and you turn it into 200, it does not mean upon their resurrection they get the full herd. its not a trust fund
>fingerprint would have worked in the court system
They would basically need Meachums to confirm that it was indeed danny who made that ashtray(or whatever it was)
>>
>>90876931
Step back and take a look at yourself and the world.

Death is the ultimate end for something. If there was a chance at redemption for something, it is no longer. Death is a big deal, it shouldn't be trivialized.

>hypocrisy
She's willing to go to lengths that don't involve killing people you know, the hippocratic and nightingale don't bar you from defending your life or the lives of others.
>Do no harm
People don't realize that pacifism is the practice of empowering others to do harm, which is why to "do no harm" one must also defend themselves and others.
>>
>>90876303
Not to mention editing that isn't straight up telling you they can't do their stunts.

Which just circles back to why he should be wearing a MASK OR COSTUME to allow stunt doubles
>>
We're gonna see Danny punch Luke with the Iron Fist at some point, right?

Also Danny vs Matt please!
>>
>>90877070
>Death is a big deal, it shouldn't be trivialized.
What party of it is trivialized if you kill cartoonishly evil people? some of whom are literally no longer human and thus no longer get regular death.
>She's willing to go to lengths that don't involve killing people you know
like what? going to the cops? seriously they would not have to bail the russian guy for the second time had he not taken him to an infiltrated hospital. she claims to have more experience with the hand than danny and yet when people keep saying its a big organization with connections everywhere she keeps saying dumb shit like "lets got to the hospital, lets call the cops, bla bla bal" Its like she did not live under the kingpin.
>>
>>90860255
Her tits were fantastic
>>
>>90877155
really? you want the defenders to start with the idiotic, heroes fight each other for some dumb reason before they become a team? What is this, teen titans?
>>
>>90877267
she did not look repentant enough, I think she could have used a spanking
>>
>>90855106
>okay in this scene you're going to say sweet christmas to remind everyone that you're actually luke cage
>gotcha
>>
>>90865484
God fucking dammit I was excited when I saw the WWII Iron Fist with full fists and costume. It was a fucking letdown that Danny didn't at least have it in the K'un Lun flashbacks after he became the Iron Fist.
>>
>>90877289
It's only truly stupid in the comics because everyone has known each other for 40 years so there's no excuse and it's just embarassing

These guys don't know each other AND it would be cool to see how the fights/powers interact.
>>
>>90855106
it was the opposite for me
>>90855211
Mass Effect was 9/10, only the ending sucked.
>Iron Fist
Its garbage. unlike other marvel netflix the good parts were not parceled out so you have 1 nuanced writer, 1 hack, 1 action lover and 1 action noob, mixed with a roller coaster of acting quality and since its all mixed together the show comes off bipolar
>>
>>90867410
>so then when he asks for the most boring of things at the meal he kills him for being pathetic boring and unambitious.
I don't know what it was about that scene, but I felt so fucking bad for Kyle. It was probably the whining.
>>
so how long was danny a 51% holder? I mean if he got himself a car he would have needed to have bought it, learned how to drive and gotten a license
>>
>>90855380
I quit Arrow around the second season. How the fuck can they justify Darhk using the bow more than the Green fucking Arrow does in the final showdown? Jesus Christ.
>>
File: CzOuvYlXgAAcYUO[1].jpg (124KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
CzOuvYlXgAAcYUO[1].jpg
124KB, 1200x800px
DEFENDERS SOON

>I told him as soon as I saw him, Daredevil, take your shirt off! Someone write us a sex scene! Do it!
>>
>>90877504
I felt no pity for him. he had a chance to be weak but endearing but he missed it. would not want him dead but like I said no pity
>>
>>90877444
>because everyone has known each other for 40 years
not after the reboot
>>90877553
r34 gangbang when?
>>
>>90877553
>Is there something on my face?
>What do i care?! I'm blind!
>>
File: CzOu8IbW8AAhtUw[1].jpg (53KB, 678x488px) Image search: [Google]
CzOu8IbW8AAhtUw[1].jpg
53KB, 678x488px
>>90877553
>It was great fun. She did ruin our first few takes shoving her hands in my jacket and up my shirt though.

BLOOPER REAL WHEN

>HFW she's sexually harassing you
>>
File: CzOvDkTWgAALZBn[1].jpg (146KB, 1200x909px) Image search: [Google]
CzOvDkTWgAALZBn[1].jpg
146KB, 1200x909px
>>90877730
I meant reel
>>
>>90877267
>>90877318
Someone post them
>>
>>90877857
>When you've successfully put your prey at ease and are grooming them for the rape that evening

Jessica Jones is a monster
>>
>>90877553
>>90877730
>>90877857
>Jessica looking happy for once
Heart-warming. Looking forward to the Luke/Danny brotherhood
>>
>>90877536
got to ep 11, he has no license
>>
>>90877896
>got blackmail on the entire board of Rand in a month, while heavily drunk, with none of them noticing
>>
>>90878095
Nobody notices the lady floating drunkenly around your house or above you.

For years afterwards though they'll swore for a brief period of their lives they were haunted by a belching ghost
Thread posts: 459
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.