[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>could have gotten an epic Iron Fist movie exploring the mystical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
>could have gotten an epic Iron Fist movie exploring the mystical side of the Marvel universe
>instead get a dull Netflix series that is 85% boardroom meetings and the occasional glowing fist
>>
Netflix was a mistake
>>
>hero's origin story involves killing a fucking dragon
>give his story a shoestring budget
>>
File: isaacperlmutter.jpg (128KB, 670x377px)
isaacperlmutter.jpg
128KB, 670x377px
>>
File: hahaHA.jpg (47KB, 536x536px)
hahaHA.jpg
47KB, 536x536px
>>90844725
wtf are those severed dickheads in the background?
>>
File: perlmutter.jpg (63KB, 575x575px)
perlmutter.jpg
63KB, 575x575px
>>90844725
>>
>>90844562
>have a story that requires a competent approach
>hire a guy who ran the latest seasons of Dexter
>>
>>90844427
>deluded enough to think an IF movie exploring the mystical side of the Marvel U would happen

be fucking thankful you got a live action IF anything
>>
>>90844427
I think at this point, I would have preferred Danny showing up in Defenders.
Being a calm zen guy in full Iron Fist outfit who's pure genuine honesty magical-zen-warrior upbringing made him an interesting contrast the the drudging sad cast of heroes.

They could have let him be out of touch with modern living, chaste and friendly. Like an opposite to Jessica Jones.

I mean the Danny Rand we got was an idiot who got mad a lot. He's honorable and kind sure but god he's boring and all his zen lines suck.
>>
>>90846437
With Dr. Strange, it did happen.

The problem was Ironfist is more notable as "Heroes for Hire" or with Luke Cage like how Hawkeye doesn't have his own movie.
>>
>>90844427
That's what you get for hiring the guy who drove Dexter into the fucking ground.
>>
>>90852559
There were more martial arts in Dr. Strange than in 13 episodes of Iron Fist. Really makes you think.
>>
>>90852624
Fuck, you're right.

Made me think back to Jess Jones' action being 80% "throw everyone at a wall".
>>
>>90852646
Yeah, but JJ is about a P.I. Iron Fist is about martial arts.
>>
>>90845976
>>90852606
Just watched the first episode and like it, but learning this makes me really worried...
>>
>>90844427
>Netflix series about street level heroes
>expecting a big budget to do a bunch of chi effects

OK anon.
>>
>>90852934
Nobody wanted chi effects(which are cheap anyway), we wanted well choreographed fight scenes.
>>
>>90852717

>PI
>Jessica Jones

What that lasted for 3 episodes before it devolved into cat and mouse with Kilgrave
>>
>>90844427
So how bad was the white washing /co/?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.