[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't they revive him? They didn't have any problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
Why don't they revive him? They didn't have any problem bringing the anti monitor back, so why not?
>>
...why would they?

Resurrecting the Anti-Monitor was stupid as fuck too.

These kind of Crisis-tier villains are so OP, you really can't tell any stories with them that have stakes lower than "THE ENTIRETY OF EXISTENCE", so you're constantly regurgitating the same hacky Crisis cliches if you bring them back.

Are you honestly asking DC to do Final Crisis 2? Cuz I'm sure they WOULD, but I really don't think they should.
>>
>>90822412
Making him a regular villain goes against the idea that he's the ultimate enemy, the end of all stories. His fight with superman is the fight that happens every time a story is told. Paper vs ink, is vs isn't, rose vs winter,
>>
>>90822412
Because he felled into nothingness. He literally stopped existing.

Also, what would the Anti Monitor said if he actually saw him. Mandrakk was literally eating universes.
>>
>>90822412
Johns only cares about his own canon
>>
>>90822412
he was erased from existence
>>
>>90822412
Implying Empty Hand isn't just Dr. Manhattan afflicted by the same corruption that Dax Novu was exposed to that turned him into Mandrakk.
>>
>>90822412
Anti-Monitor is iconic, this guy isn't.
>>
>>90822412
Because he was the worst part about Final Crisis. Morrison fags don't want to hear it, but it's true.
>>
>>90826638
Fuck off Johns
>>
Posessed Nix in Multiversity was pretty much the same thing.
>>
>>90826739
>Anti-Monitor is iconic

Mobius
>>
>>90826990
Final Crisis was the worst part of Final Crisis
>>
>>90826638
>>90827021
If Johns does something this retarded I will take all his cereal away.Even his fruity pebbles.

>>90826990
I thought he was a neat interpretation of the Anti-Monitor concept. He's the part of Monitor Mind that felt threatened by stories and sought to transform them into shallow commodities to match how he felt on the inside.

Him being a giant cosmic vampire is important because COIE which gave us Monitors and Andti-Monitors and plowed under the DC cosmos to make the stories more marketable and simple to follow (see how this relates to Mandrakk drinking the multiverse like a juice box, The Gentry and Empty Hand, and Nix killing the other Monitors for being such irresponsible fuck ups) was written by Marv Wolfman whose greatest run was his run on Tomb of Dracula.

Mandrakk was a giant Marv Wolfman, a writer with a great knowledge of the DC multiverse (As Mandrakk was one of the first Monitors to interact with the multiverse) who decided to pull the trigger on all that troublesome continuity.
>>
File: JLA 96.jpg (53KB, 420x632px) Image search: [Google]
JLA 96.jpg
53KB, 420x632px
>>90827703
Shit, I realized Mandrakk embodied editorial meddling but I never drew the COIE -> Marv Wolfman -> Tomb of Dracula connection before. I just figured he thought "cosmic vampire" sounded cool, or maybe he was inspried by this guy.
>>
>>90827703
Wait, I just re-read Infinite and Final, but I haven't read Crisis in well over five to six years.

Can you dumb it down for me? How is Mandrakk related to the Anti Monitor and Monitor from the original Crisis? Was Mandrakk supposed to be some allegory for real life stuff?
>>
test
>>
File: trying-to-explain-final-crisis.jpg (60KB, 1034x288px) Image search: [Google]
trying-to-explain-final-crisis.jpg
60KB, 1034x288px
>>90826990
>the big bad of the entire event
>he only appears in a mini and it's not explicitly stated that you need to read it to know what the fuck is going on

I remember reading FC and was like "who the fuck is this guy" then I got around to reading some of the tie ins and found out. That's like playing a game and the final boss was introduced in a side quest that's easy to miss.
>>
>>90829946
So...Final Fantasy IX only there was no sidequest?
>>
I wonder what Michael and Lucifer and The Endless were doing during Final Crisis. It seems like something they would at least take notice of.
>>
>>90829812
>>90829769

Mandrakk is Morrison combining Monitor and Anti-Monitor into the same character, atleast in terms of concept.

You got to remember that Final Crisis Monitors are very different from the Monitors we saw before (Infinite Crisis had the Monitors as a product of Alexander Luthor's machine).

Mandrakk is both Dax Novu, the greatest and first Monitor, and Mandrakk, the worst and last Monitor.

Dax Novu was locked in a crypt as he slowly transformed into Mandrakk for showing the Monitor Race that they had become a race of cosmic vampires that were snacking on stories (all the damage to the Multiverse was their fault. It wasn't until Superman Beyond 3D that Mandrakk was even let out of his crypt. It's why Nix had them all destroyed).

Like Monitor he turned toward the heroes of the germ worlds to save the day (he created the Superman Robot around the multiverse). Like Anti-Monitor he wanted to destroy all of reality that wasn't own reality.

Like Monitor he's survived by his sidekick (his son Nix Uoatan compared to Harbinger). Like Anti-Monitor he's killed by Superman. Like Anti-Monitor he threatens to take away someone special to Superman (Supergirl and Lois).

He's Anti-Monitor and Monitor. He's Marv Wolfman DC scholar and trivia expert and Marv Wolfman DC destroyer.

The Final Crisis Monitor drama was a higher dimensional retelling of the first Crisis mixed with a critique of Marv Wolfman.
>>
>>90830174
>Endless

They're in everything all the time Anon.

Death was strangely both very busy and not due to time weirdness. Delirium had a field day. Destruction had a sensible chuckle at the net gain in creation rising out of the destruction. Despair was happy, then sad. Desire felt a surge of vampire hunger fight against the desire of germ-people to survive.

Dream told the story of Superman and saved all of reality.

>Michael and Lucifer

Implied to have been wrecked by Mini-Mandrakk. He shows up carrying a dead Spectre in his arms and claiming that the champions of God couldn't defeat him.
>>
>>90827381
slick
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.