[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the series ends with all the sci-fi/magic shit getting destroyed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: angrycat.png (1MB, 1595x1161px) Image search: [Google]
angrycat.png
1MB, 1595x1161px
>the series ends with all the sci-fi/magic shit getting destroyed and the lesson being 'just live life like normal' or some bullshit meant for the reader instead of an actual good ending
>>
This is bad
>>
>>90817164
Gumball is actually just a young human boy with great imagination. His only real friend, his pet goldfish.
Everything else is made up by him.
His parents cry for their child.
>>
>90817164
bonus points if the series sold itself hard on the magic/sci-fi aspect.

I hate shit like that, don't wisk me away to a magical world and tell me I should stay in the normal mundane one. No shit numbnuts, Im already here. Im trying to read this to help escape.
>>
>>90817568
HSES IN A COMMA
>>
File: stop-sign.jpg (47KB, 576x384px) Image search: [Google]
stop-sign.jpg
47KB, 576x384px
>>90817164
>I don't want this power. I WANT TO BE NORMAL
>>
>>90817604
More like in semicolon.
>>
>>90817604
But it's just a THEORY
>>
File: 1448895849193.png (1MB, 1172x645px) Image search: [Google]
1448895849193.png
1MB, 1172x645px
>>90817634
THIS MAKES ME SO FUCKING MAD
unless you turn into the Thing or Clayface or something like that
>>
>>90817716
What's wrong with being the thing?
>>
>>90817697
A holy shit I feel so bad for his girlfriend, she genuinely likes him but he's such a colossal faggot she's barely holding on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLY9r1Y9aIU
>>
>>90817584
"escapism is bad!" says people who make their living off of creating espapism
>>
>>90817739
I mean it has a lot of benefits, but unless you got a Reed Richards to custom make everything you have to be Thing proof it sort of becomes annoying.

Unless you become a billionaire mercenary for the us government and go into high risk infantry filled war zones
>>
>>90817716
Because you can't turn it off, you're always an ugly monster, also what this guy said >>90817847
>>
>>90817917
meant to reply to this >>90817739
shieet
>>
>ITT: autism
>>
>>90817584
So much yes.
>>
>>90817786
>escapism is bad
I should check out Final Fantasy Tactics some day. Always wondered if that was really the game's message, or if that's something taken out of context.
>>
>>90817604
No, he's awake, but trapped in his mind.
His Mother wakes to his screams as he runs around the house while carrying a goldfish bowl. He shouts something about a homicidal T-rex chasing him, but all his Mother sees is a tattered stuffed dinosaur lying on the ground. She wants to hold her son and tell him he is in no danger, but the doctors advise not to touch him as it could cause her son to view her as a threat and lash out and harm her.
>>
>>90818519
It's half of Marche's dialog once he goes on a guardian murdering rampage.
>>
File: 1461508139762.jpg (8KB, 164x204px) Image search: [Google]
1461508139762.jpg
8KB, 164x204px
>>90818621
Feels bad man
>>
>>90817164
Fuck that shit.
>>
Someone's been watching Fullmetal Alchemist again, huh
>>
>>90818815
It' generally common in japanese media. A lot of series end with the central powers or tech or whatever being destroyed or rendered useless. Usually, they make some shit up for the sequel so they can bring it back.
>>
>>90818739
Well, shit.

By the way, I never quite understood this type of message. What exactly do you want from people, to never ever do anything fun? Should we all become hive drones who do nothing outside of work? Because that's pretty fucking dumb, and would make everyone kill themselves.
>>
>>90818906
I think it's supposed to be more about moderation. Like "don't spend all your day on games, you gotta have friends and do life stuff too!" Except, that the writers are so fucking garbage that they end up saying "all games and movies and shit are the devil! Repent! Repent and live a life without fun!"
>>
>>90818906
He doesn't have enough nuance in his argument because writing.
The valid concern would have been that for every kid that gets to be an awesome adventurer slaughtering monsters, there's a kid that is one of those monsters.
>>
>>90819041
Except, nobody dies. Not monsters, not dudes. Because magic laws. They just get bonked.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.