[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I miss being a kid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ5 tWMdoQdg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: spongebob-2.jpg (51KB, 315x282px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob-2.jpg
51KB, 315x282px
I miss being a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ5tWMdoQdg
>>
>>90806249
Knowing the creator has a terminal illness adds even more impact to the "lost to time" aspect of this.
>>
I was already a teen when the show first aired, so it doesn't hold any nostalgic whimsy for me.

Fuck.
>>
File: 1479876874091.gif (360KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1479876874091.gif
360KB, 500x375px
>>90806249
>That vhs prelude

so i have finally hit it.

Today was a pretty shitty day for me, I woke up on my friends couch after a honestly shitty party, with probably the worst headache.
Got up, ran stupid errands for my stupid needs.
Went to my shit job, having to deal with people bitching about their fucking coffee.
I come home, I see this.
And I finally understand why adults told me when I was younger to "just enjoy being a kid"
I have hit the point, and it hurts.
>>
>>90808190
You have friends to party with, the ability to meet your needs, a job, a home, you don't know hurt kiddo.
>>
>>90806249
I mostly just miss having no responsibilities outside of maintaining my grades and staying out of trouble.
>>
>>90808190
>friends
>job
you are just a bitch.
try to get a better life style and even quit if needed, i have a family to save from losing its house, no friends and barely stand at my job, you lucky bastard.
>>
>>90806249
I miss VHS cases with white text on the black tape
They looked cooler than the crap we have now
>>
>shark tale trailer
>Madagascar trailer
didnt know i could feel this pain

https://youtu.be/RRDr3t8jCZc
>>
I remember such a beautiful horizon.

Alternately aird and lush, sea and land, mountains and plains. Endless cities of glittering skyscrapers of impossible height, shining in the night. Pristine, untouched natural landscapes. A clear night sky. A strange structure of twisted iron in a green and vibrant field at sunset.

I remember it in dreams and fantasies born of Don Bluth, Miyazaki, Tartakovsky, Michael Whelan. All of my fictional heroes - Godzilla, King Kong, Spider-Man, Batman, Spongebob, and so many more. The covers of the movies at Blockbuster and the books at the library that couldn't get but I could imagine, like the guy who directed Beyond the Black Rainbow did. Horror and fantasy, science fiction and noir.

I could just sit and imagine these places, and they were so beautiful. But now I just feel like I'm moving further and further away from that horizon, and I don't know that I like where I'm headed.

Provided that your childhood wasn't a completely awful experience filled with rape dungeons or something, you'll miss it. Even if adulthood is good to you, I think you'll feel nostalgic, just because you didn't have the responsibilities you have now, the realities you have to face. You had what you could escape to, and it was so easy to escape.

Leaving childhood and accepting adulthood is...saddening. You know that part of your life is over and you will never get it back. I'm not even that far into it. I'm sure I'll miss it more and more as the years drag on. And that horizon becomes ever more distant with each passing day.

In short, it fucking sucks
>>
>>90806249
>>90811907

Why does adulthood suck so bad to you guys anyways? I'm 18 and everything seems to suck just as bad as it did before.

I get that I'm probably not going to completely understand due to being abused as a kid but really, school sucked, being told what to do all the time sucked and was degrading, being told what to eat, when to sleep, what to wear and where you were going to spend the day or your weekend sucked, being told how to behave sucked and the only good thing that doesn't transcend through both childhood and adulthood is people giving a fuck about what they give you on birthdays and Christmases.
>>
>>90812091
The best part about childhood is people telling you what to do. I haven't had a damn clue about what to do in a good 5 years. Things were so much simpler.
>>
>>90808190
Nice blog fag
>>
>>90806249

F
>>
>>90812091
>>90812191
If you have a job, then being told what to do is a part of it. You can just chose not to do it and be reprimanded and/or fired if you do so.

Honestly, I have no idea what the difference in being a kid and being an adult is anymore.
>You act different in public vs. private life
>You have chores to do and if they don't get done you get yelled at
>You have an allowance
>You get to do fun things after a task is finished
>>
>>90806249
If this is a nostalgiawank thread... I'm ready
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuwA91oNsUA

Spongebob was my favourite cartoon as a kid and everybody knew it, it was a popular attitude at the time. Even older kids watched it and validated my preoccupation with the show.

I drew a lot and I proudly told people I would be a cartoonist when I grew up. I could draw Spongebob pretty well. I once went to a drawing course and corrected the tutor who wasn't drawing Spongebob right. He forgot that Spongebob is wider at the top than at the bottom.

In middle school I was sometimes called Spongebob because people knew I was the #1 fan. People would ask me what episode would be showing tomorrow and I could tell them by referring to a Spongebob book that had an episode guide. I even knew that our local station aired season 2 out of order. Everyone wanted to know when 'Band Geeks' would be showing next. That episode was kiddie nirvana.

I remember being a little disappointed (for the first time) by the Spongebob movie. It had it's moments but didn't measure up to the 11 minute episodes I loved, probably due to the change in format.

But then the show started again and it felt different. I wasn't relishing it the way I had before or even laughing. That was the end of childhood for me. Puberty was beginning and my favourite childhood show had let me down. I began to become embarrassed that I was known for loving a show that quickly sunk to such depths.

No, I'm not Mr Enter. I may be a loser but I'm not loser enough to harass Spongebob crew on twitter.

Before you ask, yes, I am embarrassed how much I care about this nickelodeon show for children. It was a big part of my childhood and I try to pretend I don't hate the new episodes but I do. I tied part of my ego to this show a long time ago.

I'm a Goofy Goober.
>>
>>90806249
Quit shilling this video. It was posted in the last Stephen Hillenberg ALS thread.
>>
>>90806249
Fucking autism.
>>
>>90806249
>Spongebob is now an oldschool show and 90's kids will be replaced by 00's kids

I think it's time to stop
>>
>>90808190
> I woke up on my friends couch after a honestly shitty party
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
NORMIE PROBLEMS

>tfw you never have to experience this because you stay home reading comics
>>
>>90808190
Really, a fucking VHS intro was enough to shatter your fragile ego?

It's gonna be a long life, kid. Get used to it.
>>
>>90808190
Friends? Party? Job?

Sounds alot better then what i have.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.