[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So..... who else is enjoying the hissyfit Tumblr is having over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 112

File: IMG_0797.jpg (209KB, 250x371px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0797.jpg
209KB, 250x371px
So..... who else is enjoying the hissyfit Tumblr is having over Coco?

What does /co/ even think about Book of Life anyways?

I personally found Book of Life to be alright, nothing spectacular. Also I have no strong opinions on Coco, it's mostly a wait and see type of thing for me.
>>
What the fuck is Tumblr crying about now
>>
>>90779934
They think Coco looks to similar to Book of Life.
>>
>>90779972
Anyone can see that though
>>
>>90780025
yes but you can only have one de los muertos movie.
>>
For the record, I love Mexican stuff like this. El Tigre was a show I enjoyed a lot, and Book of Life equally so.

But honestly, I feel that the Mexican animators should be the ones doing mexican stuff. The Mexican animation industry has a lot of pontential at the moment, and all it would take would be one big breakthrough to have it be the next big animating location. There are so many people who has such original ideas there, not even just Book of Life/Mexican culture related stuff. But naturally, western culture goes and takes ideas from other countries/civilizations, and makes it their own (especially when we're talking about disney).

Regardless, I think it looks pretty good. Looks like a fun thing to watch at home, probably won't see it in theaters.
>>
I loved Book of Life
>>
The boy looks cute.
>>
>>90780309
>mexican animation industry
>potential

With anima leading the way, I have no hope we'll ever amount to anything worthwhile (again)
>>
Holy hell why is it that so much of /co/ is incapable of discussing anything unless they put it through the lens of how upset tumblr sjws are?

Compare Book of Life's creative leaders to Coco's. Book of Life has Doug Langdale, Guillermo Del Toro and Jorge Gutierrez. Coco has some people who've done nothing but work on increasingly bland Pixar movies for their whole career.
>>
File: Mexicans.jpg (9KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Mexicans.jpg
9KB, 500x333px
>>90780309
I agree with this. Book of Life was a very Mexican movie from the ground up because Jorge Gutierrez grew up there and everything he makes is dripping with Mexican culture and aesthetic. There's no way a movie creatively led by a bunch of white Americans is going to be anywhere near as authentic.

It just feels weird. What's the point of making a movie based on a Mexican holiday and Mexican culture if it's just going to be super watered down and filtered through a team like this? I'd have more faith if any of the people driving Coco had any strong personal style but I can't expect anything less than a bland by the book modern Pixar film.
>>
>>90779860
Pixar has been getting destroyed by Walt Disney animation for a while now. This just looks like another extremely mediocre movie like Brave or The Good Dinosaur.
>>
>>90780309
Same. Plus they really fucking love to use Skeletons in a lot of shit, and I can dig that.
>>
>>90781812
>Compare Book of Life's creative leaders to Coco's. Book of Life has Doug Langdale, Guillermo Del Toro and Jorge Gutierrez. Coco has some people who've done nothing but work on increasingly bland Pixar movies for their whole career.

Ooh, that is worrying. Guillermo Del Toro and Jorge Gutierrez are pretty great in my book, and Doug Langdale has some solid experience to bring. I've been pretty disappointed in the blandening of Disney/Pixar lately.

>>90782295
Sadly I hate that Bland Hero Sucks (Big Hero 6) made any money at all. otherwise I'd pretty much agree with you, though I don't care for most Disney films in the last several years aside from Wreck-It Ralph.
>>
>>90779860
I think the guy who wrote this is one of the reasons Gravity Falls is like Twin Peaks. Hirsch said once that when the backwards talking midget showed up in the second episode of Twin Peaks, his friends mother was so shocked that she suddenly vomited all over the clean dishes she washed. Hirsch was so fascinated by the premise of a show that could make a mother vomit on her dishes that he watched it and included it in his show. I think that was this guys mom.
>>
>>90780309
I'm still gonna give this movie a shot, but I feel the same way, it's like if someone tried to make a movie about living in the ghetto and yet they never lived there.
>>
File: disgusted man.jpg (17KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted man.jpg
17KB, 852x480px
>>90779860
Book of Life was boring af
I'd go as far and say that it was one of the worst animated movies along with the Good Dinosaur for example, which I've ever had the displeasure to see
>>
>>90779860
Girl Power/Bullfights are Bad sentiments were trite, there wasn't enough Land of the Remembered/Forgotten, and the song covers were uninspired.

Beautiful film though with a good deal of heart and vision.
>>
>>90779860
I liked Book of Life it was pretty Mexican and I know people cry about the Land of the Dead not having enough time in the movie but the movie wasn't about Dia de Muertos or the Land of the Dead it was about Manolo, his relationship with Maria, Joaquin and his family and they use Dia de Muertos and the Land of the Dead stuff just to make it possible for Manolo to interact with his dead ancestors.

Also Jorge Gutierrez like any Mexican who celebrates it has an intimate relationship with Dia de Muertos, he even proposed to his wife during Dia de Muertos just so his dead loved one's spirits could also witness it (because during Dia de Muertos the spirit of the Dead can go to the world of the living).

Coco looks OK I guess, the visuals are pretty but who knows how the movie will be since Pixar lost their magic a long time ago and so far the premise sounds bland as fuck. Also I'm not surprised if the similarities between it and Book of Life might be because they based the movie on what Gutierrez had pitched to them.

Tumblr bitches about everything regardless, it doesn't matter, they were even bitching about Book of Life even with the mostly Mexican people working on it but now they're defending it so it doesn't matter what they think.
>>
they seem pretty rightfully upset
>>
>>90783690
>I liked Book of Life it was pretty Mexican and I know people cry about the Land of the Dead not having enough time in the movie but the movie wasn't about Dia de Muertos or the Land of the Dead it was about Manolo, his relationship with Maria, Joaquin and his family and they use Dia de Muertos and the Land of the Dead stuff just to make it possible for Manolo to interact with his dead ancestors.

Then they shouldn't have advertised it as such. It was like if The Nightmare Before Christmas mostly took place in some random human suburb.
>>
>>90783690
correct, tumblr is a site of offended vaginas screaming at each other in a dissonant chorus while bleeding
>>
>>90783331
I totally don't get how this connects. Alex Hirsch is one of the writers for coco?
>>
>>90783772
They had scenes in the advertisements of both the land of the dead and the living, you only played yoself.
>>
>>90783792
Hey it's also dicks, dickginas and vicks you shit lord
>>
>>90783792
They truly are reverse 4chan
>>
>>90779860
>So..... who else is enjoying the hissyfit Tumblr is having over Coco?

No, because I'm not a faggot who goes to tumblr? Do you care about reddit's opinion as well.
>>
>>90783968
No, his friend from CalArts Adrina Molina is one of the writers. Cause cartoons is an oldboys network. That's why John K can't get a job.
>>
>>90784092
a circle jerk of proudly erect dicks rubbing and cumming all over the place?
>>
>>90784054
wow, I haven't heard tumblr this upset since the day oreo's announced they were discontinuing double-stuffs
>>
>>90783523
>the song covers were uninspired
Matter of taste there, my friend. Matter of taste.

>>90783523
>Girl Power
Yeah that's one thing I can understand, though I still point out to all naysayers that Maria DID swallow her pride and buckle down to do what was best for all. That's gotta count for something against the Grrrl power moments.
>>
>>90784092
One difference is we make fun of everyone, including ourselves.
>>
>>90779934
I mean, Disney/Pixar did try to trademark "Dia de los Muertos" because of this movie, so that is shitty.

Disney also trademarked Princess Aurora in relation to Sleeping Beauty which stopped at least 2 ballet movies from getting made.
>>
>>90779860
most I seen from tumblr crying about was just that Gutierrez had already pitched the concept of The Book of Life to Pixar in the past, more than once I think
>>
>>90784620
>Disney also trademarked Princess Aurora in relation to Sleeping Beauty
wtf really?
>>
>>90779860
I recall /co/ lusted on the skeleton girl twins hardcore

The trailer for Coco looked visually bland with apparent pacing and tonal issues which is concerning.

I thought the Book of Life's plot was kinda bland. From what I heard, the script was pushed around forever while trying to get an animation studio to make it and once they got approved the film was made without the script being edited at all.

If anything else, I'm going to be annoyed that Coco is going to be treated better than the Book of Life ever was by advertisers and the public in general. I remember when the Book of Life was put on those cable streaming networks and the ads they made were clear in reflecting that not a single person had bothered to put the effort into creating a half-decent synopsis of it.
>>
That dogs design pisses me off for some reason
>>
>>90784867
Yep. I don't understand how the trademark went through, since Princess Aurora is a character in the Sleeping Beauty ballet, but hey, that's the corporate machine for ya.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_(Disney_character)#Trademark
>>
>>90785384
Wow that's fucked
>>
>>90785043
>apparent pacing and tonal issues
How the heck are you judging pacing from a trailer where scenes are edited?
>>
It must be a pain in the fucking ass to be an artist today.

tumblr: OMG WHY DON'T WE HAVE MORE PEE OH CEE CHARACTERS AND MOVIES?

pixar: *gives one*

tumblr: OMG OMG WHITE PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BE MAKING THIS SHIT I'M OUTRAGED. WHITEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT.
>>
>>90785623
I mean, it makes sense to actually KNOW about the culture you're doing anything based off, just tossing in anything because you think it looks good without being assed to do any research about it makes you look like a lazy cunt

and yeah you want a movie to feel more like real life you include more people that exist in real life. People wanna see more people like themselves in movies, shows and comics, that's no shocker.
>>
>>90785623
I am fine with those insults. It's all the same as those weebs that claim they write manga with their shitty black and white doodles.
>>
>>90785623
Literally no one asked for a Book of Life 2.0
>>
>>90786410
hello jumblr
>>
>>90786477
wow man you sure showed me
>>
>>90785623
making POC characters =/= white people making a movie about an important event in someone else's culture without people from that culture
>>
>>90786521
alright. I'll play.
don't make irish characters without irish people
don't make norse characters without norse people
etc.
etc.
>>
>>90786477
Hey, fuck you. Word jumbles are the best puzzles in the paper you crosswordfag.
>>
>>90779860
but really it's like people making a bunch of christmas movies or halloween movies, and let's face it, the book of life sucked (too many cliches and the romantic plot got in the way). I can't wait for this movie to come out
>>
The skeletons are really ugly in this movie. Why do they have actual eyes?
>>
>>90786586
So they can see.
>>
>>90785623
more like

mexican: *pitches almost this exact film to Pixar, except filled with imagery and sentiments and characters that are written from the perspective of someone in the culture rather than an outsider's perspective of what that culture really is*

pixar: LOL nah no one will see this or buy merchandise

mexican: *decides to get it produced on his own, end result is a unique, colorful, super Mexican film with a somewhat weak storyline and also bull ghosts*

pixar: hmmmm maybe we could make money off Mexicans

pixar: *tries to trademark the name of a spiritually and culturally significant Mexican holiday*

pixar: *basically puts out the same film as Book of Life down to use of movie specific imagery, except written by white people*

tumblr: well that is fucking ridiculous
>>
>>90786561
I think artistically BoL was top tier, that movies aesthetic was perfect and fun, a lot of amazing designs, thought the characters had potential, but the story was oddly paced, too awkward, very unfortunate
>>
>>90786540
I mean, yeah? If you're making a film that is supposed to be steeped in Irish culture, and you are not Irish and have no personal experience with Irish culture yourself, you should be consulting with Irish people at bare minimum so that they can fact and culture check how you're representing Irish culture.
>>
>>90786616
except they didn't pitch it to pixar you fucking idiot they pitched it to DREAMWORKS.
>>
>>90786540
yes, if the character's heritage is their defining part, you should have someone of that heritage involved
>>
>>90786540
Yep! If you're writing about a country and culture that you are not from, you should be consulting with people from that culture so that you're doing it right. Research will only get you so far.

To quote Jorge Gutierrez

>Personally I’ve always found it a little ridiculous that animation artists can go on a research trip and think they understand the culture. I never, never bought that. I think you get the tourist version of a culture if you do that.
>>
>>90786616
dude you probably aren't even Mexican to begin with. No one that I know of sees this as a bad thing. I personally am excited for this to show
>>
>>90779860
Give me a quick rundown.
>>
>>90786715
At worst it comes off as scummy, but really it's a two cakes situation, one person sees a cake they like and a cheep attempt at the same cake sitting next to it, and doesn't want the cheep cake. Another person sees two cakes, and that's awesome.

It's unfortunate if themes really were taken from BoL to be used by a company with more power and talent to put out a story of their own for credit, but these stories aren't super common, especially not from big names, so of course people are going to get excited
>>
>>90786654
Hmm! Interesting, just checked out his Twitter and saw that he says it was pitched to Dreamworks in 2007. Looks like Jorge is trying to smooth things over with Pixar and call off people who are mad. He said several years ago at that behind the scenes Book of Life panel that it was, in the early 2000s, pitched to Pixar but rejected. I'm going to try to dig up older links to see if he ever admitted to this in interviews before the Coco trailer release.
>>
>>90779860
I honestly really liked the Book of Life. It wasn't perfect, but it was really enjoyable overall. Coco just looks painfully uninspired and bland, especially compared to BoL.
>>
>>90786779
Book of Life definitely had style and aesthetic going for it, Coco is just a bit too close to that basic Pixar clean design I guess
>>
people are judging this movie hardcore when we've hardly seen any of it. just a short teaser trailer.

8 more months of this.
>>
>>90786654
Over the 14 year span that the film was in the works, it was pitched to multiple companies. Pixar was among them. Dreamworks is the one that picked up Book of Life and then decided to axe it. So, yes, technically it was pitched to Dreamworks... but it was to Pixar too, and Pixar rejected it first.

the other person's post should go like this, though

Gutierrez: *pitches Book of Life to Pixar*

Pixar: Nope

Gutierrez: *pitches Book of Life to Dreamworks*

Dreamworks: Yeah

Pixar: Oh fuck they're making a Day of the Dead movie? WE NEED TO DO THAT TOO TO BEAT THEM TO THE PUNCH WE CAN'T LET DREAMWORKS DO SOMETHING FIRST

Pixar: *tries to trademark Day of the Dead but in Spanish and I'm too lazy to look up the spelling*

People: Da fuck?

Pixar: Uhhh nevermind to that trademark

Dreamworks: Eh nevermind to this movie

Gutierrez: Well fuck *gets it made somewhere else*

Pixar: guess we might as well try to get Mexican dollars
>>
>>90786773
>themes really were taken from BoL

are you fucking kidding me??? THIS JUST IN: JORGE GUTIERREZ INVENTED DAY OF THE DEAD AFTER HIS PREMIER OF THE BOOK OF LIFE AND NOW PIXAR IS STEALING HIS CONCEPT
>>
>>90786614
But it makes them look like humans in skeleton costumes.
>>
>>90786715
>No one that I know of sees this as a bad thing
Nigger Disney trying to trade mark our holy day was everywhere the first days. You aren't Mexican or simply don't go out enougth.
>>
>>90786890
....I didn't even fucking say 'Day of the Dead' don't put words in my fucking mouth
>>
>>90786954
kill yourself faggot. we are going to make big revenue on this day now because of disney. I know what the fuck i'm actually talking about
>>
>>90786830
>Disney trying to jew a holyday
>Mexican family does not approve music
>Lackluster land of the dead

Look pretty bad so far
>>
>>90787000
I wonder who is behind this post
>>
>>90786616
>>90786861
Just by the way you type it's easy to tell you don't post here regularly.

Also I don't get why Tumblr is complaining. I doubt they didn't get any Mexican writers to work on Coco. And doesn't Coco have an all Latino voice cast unlike Book of Life? I thought they hated that kind of stuff.
>>
I hope my fellow Mexi-nigs boycott this shit just for that trade mark attempt.
>>
>>90786654
He pitched to both you fucking retard.

The whole protagonist wanting to play music and their families family hating it in both movies is no coincidence.

The only difference is that in BoL's they hated it because they wanted Manolo to continue the bullfighter tradition which was a commentary about how in Mexico maintaining family tradition no matter what is something that's drilled from generation to generation and going against it is controversial.

In Coco it's more retarded because the kid's family banned music for some reason (I guess the movie will reveal it) which is unthinkable thing when because music plays a big part in Mexican culture.
>>
>>90787042
well, fuck you buddy
>>
>>90787000
>we
Is this just gonna be a thing in every Disney thread now?
>>
>>90787040
Surprisingly Disney stopped trying to do that because of the bad PR. Honestly I don't understand what the big deal is?

What are they afraid off? There is barely anything that holy day offers besides skulls and candles and also is not like they would be forced to stop celebrating it.
>>
>>90787064
back at you, also not your buddy, guy!
>>
That Disney tried copyright it was a scummy it even made it to the news in Mexico. Especially since it came after the Mexican Government told a Chinese company to fuck off after they tried to patent the Virgin of Guadalupe.

>>90787094
>talks shit they don't know about
>>
>>90787035
You do realize I'm copying the style of >>90785623

I mean I guess you don't realize it because you're retarded but still
>>
>>90787040
I don't really care. They were just doing that because they had the movie project named Dia de los Muertos.
>>
/co/mblr's strong today I see.

BRB, never writing about anything but people with exactly the same life experiences and ethnicity and gender as me.

Truly multicultural.
>>
>>90780309
Mexico is a hellhole, amigo. It's why your people are fleeing here in droves.
>>
File: santo_dracula_4[1].jpg (31KB, 445x295px) Image search: [Google]
santo_dracula_4[1].jpg
31KB, 445x295px
>>90779860

There is more to Mexican culture than the revolution and Day of the Dead.

I thought the book of life was very colorful but it was too fast paced and ran through scenes before the audience could track.
>>
>>90787231
>>90787231
>I can't write shit about a culture and people I know nothing about and do absolutely no research into it or else people will get mad at me

Or do you not have a grasp on what cultural appropriation actually means before it became a meme
>>
>>90787292
Cultural Appropriation is basically racism.
>>
>>90787292
I absolutely refuse to give that racist attempt to make people stay in their designated victim spots any credence or legitimacy.
>>
>>90787381
Just put fucking effort and research into the culture you write about, really it's as simple as that
>>
>>90786521
>without people from that culture
I'll bite
http://www.theprospectordaily.com/2017/02/05/playwright-octavio-solis-talks-future-projects-and-el-paso-influence-in-his-work/
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/ideas-commentary/disney-critic-lalo-alcaraz-hired-to-work-on-pixars-coco-117752.html
>>
>>90785623
>Urbance
>Tumblr is happy until they find out the people working on it weren't mainly black
>Kubo
>"Reeee! Not enough Asian VAs so I'm not gonna support it!"
>>
>>90788016
I thought urbance failed because of shit delivery, bad VA-ing, something about necrophilia
>>
File: 1411590695422.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411590695422.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>90787292
Right. I'm gonna solve this problem the /co/ way. Storytime.
>>
File: 1411590748555.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411590748555.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411590804815.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411590804815.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411590867905.jpg (3MB, 3976x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411590867905.jpg
3MB, 3976x3056px
>>
File: 1411590927917.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411590927917.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411590978993.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411590978993.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411591029486.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411591029486.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411591081894.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411591081894.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411591133135.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411591133135.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411591183572.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411591183572.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411591232007.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411591232007.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411591323368.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411591323368.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411591374902.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411591374902.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411591427866.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411591427866.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411591483081.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411591483081.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411591537406.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411591537406.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411591590547.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411591590547.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411591642769.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411591642769.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411591690000.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411591690000.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411591744902.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411591744902.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411591797909.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411591797909.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411592127150.jpg (982KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411592127150.jpg
982KB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411592173423.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411592173423.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411592221578.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411592221578.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411592268808.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411592268808.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>
>>90788077
Well that, but Tumblr both loved it and then came to hate it before the pilot was even released.
>>
File: 1411592321827.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411592321827.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411592368023.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411592368023.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411592415977.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411592415977.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411592495690.jpg (1009KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411592495690.jpg
1009KB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411592544151.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411592544151.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411592590683.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411592590683.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411592638687.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411592638687.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411592691651.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411592691651.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411592742111.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411592742111.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411592790441.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411592790441.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411592842262.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411592842262.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411592892405.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411592892405.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411592944410.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411592944410.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411592992379.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411592992379.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411593040671.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411593040671.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411593089805.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411593089805.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411593137536.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411593137536.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1411593183688.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1411593183688.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 010 - 011.png (468KB, 1633x1200px) Image search: [Google]
010 - 011.png
468KB, 1633x1200px
>>
File: 012.png (437KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
012.png
437KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 013.png (412KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
013.png
412KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 014.png (417KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
014.png
417KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 015.png (423KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
015.png
423KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 016.png (413KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
016.png
413KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 017.png (432KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
017.png
432KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 018 - 019.png (924KB, 1648x1200px) Image search: [Google]
018 - 019.png
924KB, 1648x1200px
>>
File: 020.png (428KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
020.png
428KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 021.png (414KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
021.png
414KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 022.png (394KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
022.png
394KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 023.png (390KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
023.png
390KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 024.png (429KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
024.png
429KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 025.png (448KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
025.png
448KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 026.png (410KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
026.png
410KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 027.png (391KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
027.png
391KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 028.png (412KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
028.png
412KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 029.png (413KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
029.png
413KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 030.png (474KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
030.png
474KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 031.png (467KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
031.png
467KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 032.png (401KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
032.png
401KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 033.png (392KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
033.png
392KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 034.png (407KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
034.png
407KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 035.png (405KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
035.png
405KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 036.png (421KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
036.png
421KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 037.png (433KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
037.png
433KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 038.png (457KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
038.png
457KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 039.png (448KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
039.png
448KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 040.png (451KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
040.png
451KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 041.png (481KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
041.png
481KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 042.png (458KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
042.png
458KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 043.png (428KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
043.png
428KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 044 - 045.png (1MB, 1638x1200px) Image search: [Google]
044 - 045.png
1MB, 1638x1200px
>>
File: 046.png (513KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
046.png
513KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 047.png (516KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
047.png
516KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 048.png (474KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
048.png
474KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 049.png (436KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
049.png
436KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 050 - 051.png (953KB, 1652x1200px) Image search: [Google]
050 - 051.png
953KB, 1652x1200px
>>
File: 052.png (499KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
052.png
499KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 053.png (427KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
053.png
427KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 054.png (497KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
054.png
497KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 055.png (446KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
055.png
446KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 056.png (446KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
056.png
446KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 057.png (440KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
057.png
440KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 058.png (525KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
058.png
525KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 059.png (464KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
059.png
464KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 060.png (400KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
060.png
400KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 061.png (389KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
061.png
389KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 062.png (422KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
062.png
422KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 063.png (393KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
063.png
393KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 064.png (370KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
064.png
370KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 065.png (394KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
065.png
394KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 066.png (405KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
066.png
405KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 067.png (437KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
067.png
437KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 068.png (442KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
068.png
442KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 069.png (486KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
069.png
486KB, 845x1200px
>>
File: 070.png (383KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
070.png
383KB, 845x1200px
>>
>>90779972
Which is ironic considering Book of Life looks a thousand times more stylistic and visually interesting in general.
>>
>>90787419
Then say 'research better' not cultural appropriation.
>>
File: 1488744803385.png (247KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
1488744803385.png
247KB, 500x411px
>>90787094
>Copyrighting a holiday.
Selling smoke at its finest. Holidays in general are commercialised enough as it is: to think you can so pompously attempt to copyright the name of an entire fucking celebration in an attempt to leech off whoever may attempt to even use that word to describe the holiday is disgusting.

Also, this blatant abuse of copyright laws is becoming insane. It's supposed to protect creators from having their content plagiarized, not to allow your companies to latch onto a pre-existing word or vague concept.
>"Oh yes, and I'd also like to copyright the words 'guitar', 'skull', and the very concept of the year '2017' "
>>
>>90787506
>http://www.cartoonbrew.com/ideas-commentary/disney-critic-lalo-alcaraz-hired-to-work-on-pixars-coco-117752.html
Damn, that guy sold out fast.
>>
>>90788640
I need more of this one anon!
>>
>>90787094
>also is not like they would be forced to stop celebrating it.

That's exactly how it works. Want to do a "day of the dead" parade? Now you can't because you're violating a trademark.
>>
>>90780309
mexico has an animation industry? i thought mexico was all drugs and corrupt officials.
>>
>>90786616
We mexicans don't even care about the whites.
>>
>>90784509
take that back, you shitlord!
>>
File: 1488686285748.png (74KB, 208x200px) Image search: [Google]
1488686285748.png
74KB, 208x200px
If they took out the Book of Life 2 storyline and just made it about a kid who is a Pedro Infante fan messing with his ancient magic guitar that might or might not have his spirit contained within, it would be so much better.
>>
>>90785598
He's a super-genius. Didn't you see from his expert anal-sis?
>>
>>90786643
Y'know, these thing are documented...
You don't have to talk to a linguist every time you need the etymology of a word.
>>
>>90786711
because what we actually do at Christmas is as rich as the documentation on Christmas.
>>
File: images.jpg (26KB, 630x233px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
26KB, 630x233px
>>90780553
This
>>
At least tumblr won't complain about a lack of female face diversity.
>>
>>90787327
>imitation if the highest form of hatred.
>>
>>90780309
Mejico is shit m8 and you don't get to complain with what murrikans do with your savage third worlder culture. They are making your country look a better. I would like more movies focused on how bad your people smell, it could be a really good comedy, the hangover: search for a working toilet
>>
>>90784620
>Disney/Pixar did try to trademark "Dia de los Muertos" because of this movie, so that is shitty.
It's still quite surprising. Tumblrites and SJWs fucking worship Disney. They consider a culture being graced by The Mouse an honor beyond honors, like they did during the development of Moana. They never even consider the idea that Disney might be mercenary as fuck.
>>
>>90790847
Autism.
>>
File: thumb_g_day_71.jpg (18KB, 690x270px) Image search: [Google]
thumb_g_day_71.jpg
18KB, 690x270px
>>90790844
I literally laughed out loud
>>
Eh. Despite how annoying the quips and pop-culture references could get, I found Book of Life enjoyable (It or at least Boxtrolls should've won best animated feature 2014 instead of the bland as fuck Big Hero 6.), though Kubo was a much more successful attempt at doing an "animated fantasy epic".

Not to mention that film's style blows Pixar's the fuck out of the water (Really wish I was into El Tigre back when it was airing, but looking back the show did suffer from weak writting usually.).
>>
>>90790847
> mejico

You mean shit like the american education system?
>>
>>90788516
I want to drop this already
>>
File: El_Grapadura.jpg (39KB, 636x476px) Image search: [Google]
El_Grapadura.jpg
39KB, 636x476px
Algun otro mexicano aqui que sea indiferente a la pelicula, pero que disfrute la polemica y el caos que provocan, es entretenido francamente.
>>
>>90791086
I'm not Murrikan, the name is Mejico, you are a former colony of Spain. I don't want to defend murrika but their educational system is better than the Mexican one. People at least finish school, while in Mexico they drop out as soon as a picking fruit or cleaning toilets job opens
>>
>>90780553
Except even the most popular anime in their country, Your Name, doesn't hold a candle to Zootopia or Frozen's box office numbers and worldwide influence.
>>
>>90790921

Disney IS a villain, last time they tried to insult half of the world using Talking Animals, fortunatelly Pixar stopped them.
>>
>>90788516
What the fuck is it with women and cutting? I would be disgusted with this page if it weren't completely accurate, it seems like every girl digs shit into their arms at the slightest provocation.
>>
>>90791238
So you managed to live in a country with good education and still come out retarded? Must have taken a lot of effort.
>>
>>90792695

they play the victim role.
>>
File: 1485522944934.jpg (78KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
1485522944934.jpg
78KB, 539x960px
>>90780309
In an ideal world, "representation" of people in media would all by done by their own kind. Maybe then everyone would stop bitching at whites to do all the work for them.
>>
BoL was a generic piece of shit whose one saving grace was its visuals. I don't see why tumblr is getting so salty over it vs Coco when it wasn't even good to begin with.
>>
Book of Life made about 100 million against its 50 million dollar budget.

Generally, a film needs to make back more than twice its budget to be a success, and BoL couldn't even do that.

2014 was a very boring year for big-budget animation.
>>
>>90792849
>>90793016

nio one is saying BOL was a masterpiece, it just came out first and have great visuals.
>>
>>90793079
The stories are totally different, though? And Coco's actually looks like it could be good, unlike BoL.
>>
>>90779972
But they're right. It looks like derivative garbage.
>>
>>90785384
>>90785548
Steamboat Willie caused them to lobby and give us even more fucked up copyright laws.

Disney is in it for the money. Never forget. It's all about the money in the end.
>>
>>90791238
We don't teach creationism in our schools, and we actually have sex-ed beyond "women give birth", like birth control.
>>
File: 1486935833091.gif (273KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1486935833091.gif
273KB, 320x240px
>>90779860
We don't know shit about Coco except the following;

It involves Die de los Muertos. It's stylized in the traditional Latin American festivities weird neon-color art-style which is guuud . The MC plays a guitar.

None of these concepts are exactly fresh and new. Almost any entertainment that focuses on Mexico involves these in one way or another. Guitars are super popular and are practically a national icon. The art is cultural and very impressive to the eye (and is the most overused thing in any mexican/mexican-based cartoon. Mucha Lucha, El Tigre). And let's face it. The only things Mexico is famous for is immigration, food, and the Day of the Dead.

That being said, the story of a boy that plays guitar visiting his mother in the land of the dead in a CG-animation seems very reminiscent of Book of Life
>>
>>90794009
And yet your country is still a giant shithole that people only want to move away from.
Thread posts: 234
Thread images: 112

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.