[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else thinks Summer makes a better Morty than Morty? Here's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

Anyone else thinks Summer makes a better Morty than Morty? Here's hoping that Series 3 will have a few more episodes with her as Rick's adventuring companion.
>>
>>90776206
I do. Morty's gotten to use to Rick and just isn't interesting anymore. Summer's more aggressive personality combined with her more Rick-like traits make her more interesting.
>>
>>90776206
She doesn't have the extra chromosome that triggers the brainwave cloak or whatever the fuck that reason was.
>>
>>90776239

Mhm...

At very least, I think that Rick could mold Summer into a companion just as competent as Morty, if not more so, with minimal effort...

Wasn't there an episode that explained that the main reason why most Ricks keep their Morty around is to exploit their complimentary brain waves...
>>
>>90776206
I think her equivalence to Morty is pretty explicitly stated, and the fact she is put in the backseat is a running joke. I would be happy to see her take a larger role in further adventures tho
>>
>>90776387
Complimentary in that Rick-waves are cancelled out by Morty-waves so as to make detection of a Rick impossible. It's implied that it's attributable to intelligence, but that doesn't seem to be demonstrably true. It might more accurately be due to the fact that Rick's mental processes as a whole (morality, emotion, problem solving) are a direct antithesis to that of Morty's.

>what about eyepatch Morty? He was a genius like Rick so Mortys can't inherently be so different.

Probably why there were so many other Mortys on that hideout dome, but honestly I do not know. I just hope he makes a return.
>>
>>90776206
That won't happen, OP. She's not important.
>>
>>90776206
there is a universe where you are right.
It is not this one.
>>
>>90777028
With all the new female writers, I'm sure they will find a way
>>
>it's an anon still thinks season 3 will come out episode
Dan Harmon tanked it bro just fucking let it go
>>
>>90777136
Dan Harmon keeps doing that.
>>
>>90776631
>but that doesn't seem to be demonstrably true
the pilot episode confirms that morty isn't neurotypical, maybe asperger's or something
>>
>>90776206
>>90776239
Rick and Summer make a much more compelling pair, as she pushes back more and is more active rather than whiny. Morty's character suffered even more in S2 too
>>
Rick is more protective of Summer than he is of Morty.
>>
I tried to like her but they clearly didn't write her to be much more than the irritating snobby sister trope. If her character suddenly "develops" without warning it's because someone complained she was too stereotypical, and she'll maybe get an episode like in Raising Gazorpazorp where she complains about feminist shit for a couple minutes of screen time.
>>
>>90776206
She's more fierce, but has way too much empathy to allow for fun, sociopathic science adventures
>>
>>90777219

That's normal though. Men tend to be more protective of their daughters and grand daughters than they are sons and grand sons.
>>
>>90777199
He's not that. He's just stupid. He's so dumb and dull that he releases moron waves that cloak Rick's genius waves. Jerry just didn't want to use the word "dumb" because calling your kid that is taboo these days for some idiotic reason. Look at Rick's stewardship style, he spends most of his time insulting Morty and Morty grows as a result. You better not have kids, you limp-wristed quack.
>>
>>90776206
1) Morty is a better puppet for Rick to control, while Summer actually has some willpower and at least initially sticks to her beliefs and principals.

2) Only Morty generates the cloak field.

3) While this doesn't make a lot of sense in an endless universe of endless sexual preferences. Rick maintains that Summer is at a greater risk of rape than Morty which will cause Rick to save her instead of focusing on business.
>>
>>90776206

No. Rick and morty are better foils to each other.

Morty is basically everything that rick isn't which makes them a good duo.

he isn't book smart and he's cowardly. But he has the common sense rick lacks and the mortys solutions to his problems are often different from ricks style which also makes things get less tale.
>>
>>90777679
>while Summer actually has some willpower and at least initially sticks to her beliefs and principals
She was literally going to sacrifice her parents in the name of a religion that existed for like 2 days, anon.
>>
>>90776206
read the comics

>>90778021
nigga you tryna tell me that if a giant head rolled up on earth you wouldn't start worshipping it? like what the fuck
>>
>>90779474
If I was a human who had no knowledge of extraterrestrial life? Yeah, I probably would, but Summer not only has knowledge of extraterrestrial life, she's actually made multiple encounters with it, so it's pretty weird how she just went along with the flow like everyone else once shit hit the deck. Although I do think that's probably the reason why Rick doesn't travel with Summer as much, it's because she's pretty much incapable of not falling in line once things get crazy, the type of trait Rick probably hates to see in a companion.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.