[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DC Comics To Collect Jim Balent’s Run On Catwoman, Starting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

His legacy may have been besmirched on the character in the last two years. But DC Comics look to be reviving the appeal.

Hence the collection planned for September from DC Comics, Catwoman by Jim Balent Book One. Jim Balent is the modern architect of Catwoman’s look all the way up until the New 52. His epic run on Catwoman from 1993 to 1999 defined Selina Kyle like never before and solidified her status in the DC Universe.

Collects CATWOMAN #0-14.

Jim Balent is best known for his huge run on the CATWOMAN series from the years 1993-1999. He was also a significant contributor the Batman series, Detective Comics and Green Lantern Corps during that time. In 1999, Balent left DC Comics to form his own independent company, Broadsword Comics and created Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose, for which he is the writer and artist. https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/16/dc-comics-collect-jim-balents-run-catwoman-starting-book-one/
>>
This run came out at the exact moment my puberty started.

You can connect the dots from that.
>>
>>90770992
Finally!!!
>>
I am loving DC's commitment to putting out ~15 issue collections lately
>>
this, Kesel's Superboy and Marz's GL
oooooh boy am I happy
collect Impulse and my boner will never stop
>>
>>90770992
Good on DC and Good for Jim
>>
>>90771118
This
>>
>>90771177
especially when they're half the price of (((Marvel's))) equivalently sized trades.
>>
>>90772358
Silly man, Marvel doesn't do trades! Instead they take those 15 issues, stick a hardcover on them, and call them an omnibus!
>>
>>90770992
>Jim Balent
The kids of today should defend themselves against the nineties.
>>
>>90770992
About time. Been waiting forever for this to be collected.
>>
>>90770992
I will be surprised if this makes it to print or even more than a volume or two. Its bat related, but there is just no way SJW filth will be okay with it.
>>
>>90772643
Because they might develop good taste?
>>
>>90771177
Yeah, I'm loving them canceling stuff before they even come out.
>>
>>90773341
>Balent
>good
I never thought I'd ever meet a Tarot fan.
>>
>>90771110
Thing is, 1-14 are kinda shit. Duffy wrote the those and her vision was different. 14 was her last issue, zero hour happened, and Dixon and Moench took over. I still love this version of Catwoman. I feel like it gets a shit stick because of peoples hang ups with the art.
>>
>>90773341
Jim Balent is not good taste.
>>
>>90773374
I'm loving your buttpain.
>>
>>90773375
I'm not, he's lost his damn mind. But have you read these issues? Especially the Devin Grayson stuff. His Catwoman is tight. She's creepy.

When she enters a dark room her eyes are green. When she's doing something cruel she has a sinister grin. Is it kinda slinky and warped, sure. This was the Kelley Jones era Batman.
>>
>>90773401
Why?
>>
>>90773395
Defend themselves from the 90's, from Starman, Stormwatch, Young Justice and Moore's Image work.

and those are just highlights. If you don't like Jim's art fine. Not all artwork has universal appeal. He's gone too far for my tastes in the present. But not everything has to look like bland Bryan Hitch.
>>
>>90773513
Those aren't even the real "stars" of the 90s(except for Starman). The problem is that you're trying to group Balent into good taste when he's not. He's a poor man's Kelley Jones at best. I could make a case that different does not always mean better but it's not like his art is that unique, his characters(especially women) have a real Silvestri inspired look. You're not talking about Kent Williams, JH Williams III, Fegredo or JPL, his art was pretty "in" at the time.
>>
File: 00.jpg (72KB, 1059x800px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
72KB, 1059x800px
>>90773513
>Stormwatch, Young Justice and Moore's Image work
>>
>>90772358
>>90772591
Marvel Comics. Living in DC drones' heads rent free since 1962
>>
>>90773739
>>90773401
>>
File: ThatsNiceDear.jpg (108KB, 534x423px) Image search: [Google]
ThatsNiceDear.jpg
108KB, 534x423px
>Jim Balent
>good taste
>>
Unrelated are Marvel and DC making peace. ABSOLUTE WILDC.A.T.S collects WILDC.A.T.s #1-13, 31, 50; CYBERFORCE #1-3, WILDC.A.T.s/X-MEN: THE SILVER AGE #1; WILDCATS ADVENTURES #1 and WILDCATS #1, as well as behind-the-scenes sketches, concept designs and variant covers in an oversize slipcase
>>
>>90774584
at least he draw eyes that are the same size
>>
>>90774647
nice the Killer Instinct crossover intact.
>>
>>90774647
>Unrelated are Marvel and DC making peace.

I wouldn't call it peace. Peace is re-release trade of JLA/Avengers. This is Marvel getting approval for probably a unused Jim Lee sketch for a future variant.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.