[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who didn't like the sound design in t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Samurai-Jack-Reboot-120215.jpg (86KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai-Jack-Reboot-120215.jpg
86KB, 970x545px
Am I the only one who didn't like the sound design in the new Samurai Jack episode? Look at this scene. They just randomly put in big dramatic music over him driving through the desert. In the original series they would just show him driving through the desert with no music at all. Just the sound of the engine in the motorcycle roaring. Same thing with the fight with Scaramouch. They used a music themed villain, yet they played more of this crappy orchestral music over him playing the flute, and scatting. It just seems out of place.
I hope they rerelease this in a directors cut or something. I doubt Tartakovsky wanted it to be like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1f4rmljmsk
>>
>>90760011
I mean, fair enough. It didn't bother me but I can easily see why you'd want that. I guess they wanted to kick the season off with a lot of energy.
>>
>>90760011
There's another scene with the bike where there's no music, though.
>>
>>90760120
doesn't make up for it. I'm not saying it ruined the episode. It was just a glaring mistake in my opinion.
>>
>>90760011
wait, it's out?
>>
>>90760011
That bike scene actually had no music in the promo. I wonder why they added it at the last moment.
>>
File: 1489588826350.jpg (27KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489588826350.jpg
27KB, 1920x1080px
>3 fucking composers to replace a single one
>>
File: samjack_TRAILER_80_AS_DATED.jpg (28KB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
samjack_TRAILER_80_AS_DATED.jpg
28KB, 1080x608px
This is actually a huge complaint of mine for a scene in next week's episode, as fucking cool as the rest of said episode is.

Jack is being pursued by the daughters of Aku inside a temple of some kind, He hides from them inside a coffin (I think) among hundreds in a grand hall. As the daughters narrow down which one he's hiding in, the tension is building... but there's this *really* distracting rock-opera-type music playing that doesn't do anything to help build that tension; in fact it works against the whole scene, IMO. Would have been 100x better left completely silent.
>>
>>90762097
I'm not sure why you keep pointing this out, as if it means anything
>>
>>90762097
>tfw James L Venable is too busy with Clarence
I wish they could have got him back, but the music wasn't bad
>>
>>90760011
>I doubt Tartakovsky wanted it to be like this.
Did you not see that one behind the scenes video? He personally guides Bates through each scene with the music he wants for it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.