/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the remake of pic related uses 3DCG instead of 2D then

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: mary-poppins-disney-pic.jpg (92KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
mary-poppins-disney-pic.jpg
92KB, 720x480px
If the remake of pic related uses 3DCG instead of 2D then Disney is 100% dead.
>>
>>90753490
And by "dead" you mean dominating yearly box office like no other studio in movie history, right?
>>
>>90753490
It's using real people you mong. It's also a sequel not a remake, so there's no guarantee it will even have animated portions.
>>
>>90753490
You're acting like Disney's creative death is a new thing
>>
I can't wait for the epic dubstep remake of supercalifragilistic song.
>>
>>90753514
Illumination must be a house of artistic integrity too
>>90753515
>so there's no guarantee it will even have animated portions.
You really think people would've cared about Mary Poppins if it didn't have animated segments?
A live action movie with 2D thrown in would stick out really well these days, everyone and their mother uses CG with live action now.
>>
>>90753567
Yeah, they are reduced to making the films people want to pile into theaters to see.
What a pitiful condition.
Why their miserable studio almost generated as much box office attendance as the #2 (WB) and #3 (Fox) studios combined.
>>
>>90753620
>Sales define quality
Transformers.jpeg
>>
>>90753584
Illumination/Universal is a respectable #4, they are doing fine as a company.

WB had TWICE the movies in theaters Disney had in 2016, and only generated 63% of Disney's ticket sales.

That's not too great.
>>
File: Alfred P.jpg (7KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
Alfred P.jpg
7KB, 194x260px
>>90753666
>Sale's of your product don't equal success.
>Only my subjective autistic judgement should matter to the shareholders and audiences.
>>
>>90753737
I'm not talking success retard, no shit they're successful. Disney goddamn owns everything and has enough money to colonize a galaxy. That's why it doesn't make sense why they neglect 2D animation.
>>
>>90753811
>That's why it doesn't make sense why they neglect 2D animation.
Let me explain it to you simply then, since you seem to need a simple explanation.

2D theatrical animation is a dying, niche market. Just like Laika's stop-motion work. It's a medium reserved for cheap television, even the Japs will give it up sooner rather than later.

It's kinda like how Boeing doesn't try to make the finest piston engine airplanes.
>>
>>90753929
It's dying because:
> Disney flubbed up by releasing Winnie the Pooh, a film that only has preschooler appeal, on the same weekend as the final Harry Potter
>The success of Shrek compared to Dreamworks more passionate 2D projects lead to them shifting to 3D

I guarantee you if Disney made a new 2D movie with mass appeal, marketed it hell and back it would be a huge success and if they kept on doing that the rest of the industry would follow
>>
>>90753584
>You really think people would've cared about Mary Poppins if it didn't have animated segments?

Yes. 5 out of a 140 minute movie was partially animated. The whole movie is considered a cinematic classic
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.