[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If we give Samurai Jack a lightsaber and pit him against Genndy's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Genndy-Grievous.jpg (770KB, 2250x2600px)
Genndy-Grievous.jpg
770KB, 2250x2600px
If we give Samurai Jack a lightsaber and pit him against Genndy's version of Grievous, who is probably the toughest bot character he worked on, could Jack prevail?
>>
I don't think that Jack could adapt quickly enough to the lightsaber, as it handles differently than a normal sword. Gievous' powerlevels are off the charts, since he can take out like a half dozen Jedi in one encounter, and was only hampered by Windu, who is a master force user. Jack has no force ability whatsoever, so I think Grievous would win.
>>
>>90748802
Depending on the enchantments on his sword, he could be able to clash against the lightsabers with it.

>>90748913
To be fair though, Jack has experience fighting an unpredictable and extremely powerful enemy in Aku. A fight which Jack won and Aku only survived due to tearing open a portal in time and flinging Jack into the future, where his word is law.
Depending on which gear Jack has, and if he knows Grevious is coming, Jack would put up a decent fight, forcing a stalemate at least.
>>
>>90748913
If Jack is in the same Universe as Grievous then why wouldn't have force powers? How Long until he has two light sabers in his hands and a vehicle, like a flying skateboard or something.
>>
>>90749037
I'm interpreting the OP's scenario to mean that Jack is just given a lightsaber and tossed into a battle without any prep-time or training time. But now that I look at the post again, I guess it's somewhat ambiguous. I would maintain that in my scenario Jack would have a very low chance of victory, but with prep time I would say he has a very high chance of winning.

There's no way to say if Jack would get force powers, but even considering that he's special, getting force powers at his age would be highly unusual. Like, only one or two people in the span of centuries gets that lucky with the force, in a galaxy of trillions.
>>
>>90748913
>I don't think that Jack could adapt quickly enough to the lightsaber
He could buy enough time to figure it out, if the Imakandi episode and the Minions of Set episode showed us anything it's that Jack is very good at stalling while he figures out what he needs to do in a fight.
>>
>>90749017
And that particular version of Grievous has superpower computers slaved to him that allows him to adapt to his opponent's style and create a counter to them.
>>
>>90748913
>as it handles differently than a normal sword.
going by canon, a lightsaber doesn't really handle differently than a sword.
>>
>>90749344
>going by canon

you mean extended canon
>>
His sword is fuckin' magic and cuts through robots constantly.
He'd be fine against a lightsaber with it.
>>
>>90749695
No, I mean canon. There's no such thing as "extended canon". There's Canon and there's Legends
>>
>>90749729
Can't Lightsaber cut through metal like butter though?

If Jack tries to deflect a lightsaber slash with his sword, it probably would be cut in two
>>
>>90749767
his sword is literally made from a piece of his fathers soul reshaped and forged by gods.
>>
>>90749017

Hasn't Jack come up against 'energy' swords before in one of the episodes that takes place in the far future?
>>
>>90749037
I don't think Jack even needs Force powers to keep up with Grievous. His senses are already very good to keep up with him. It would be more of an issue if Grievous could use the Force against Jack but he can't, so they are kinda on equal footing.
>>
File: WON96.jpg (779KB, 950x1229px) Image search: [Google]
WON96.jpg
779KB, 950x1229px
>>90749767
>metal

>>90750229
As this anon points out, Jack's sword is pretty close to being a conceptual weapon. It can slice through any of Aku's tools of tyranny, but cannot even scratch the pure of heart.

What the melting temperature or ironic interaction of the human spirit is when faced with bottled plasma...well...

We might well ask what the sheering force or molecular weight are for the 'Terrible Blade of Want'.
>>
>>90749767
Jacks sword kills all evil and is enchanted up the asshole. Light sabers are force reactive and the dark side is a thing so I think in this case Jack could fight anything similar enough to a sith.
>>
>>90749127
Lucky you mean like the one guy to get tossed around time to fight the villain of his whole world?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.