[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wait a second... Logan is set in 2029, and they say no mutant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (48KB, 768x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 768x384px
Wait a second...

Logan is set in 2029, and they say no mutant has been born in 25 years because of Transigens gene alteration chemicals in food.

But the end of Days of Future past is set only a few years before Logan, and mutant kids can be seen running around, so they must have been born within those 25 years.

What gives?
>>
>>90737453
Different timelines.
>>
>>90737464
Mangold says it's the same timeline though
>>
>>90737453
Charles would have to be almost a hundred years old, given that First Class is set in '62.
>>
>>90737477
We'll they're a fucking lying idiot then what do you want?
>>
"Logan" ignores "First Class" and "Days of Future Past". There's references to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" and "The Wolverine", which would have been retconned, and in a deleted scene Xavier directly references Logan killing Jean in "The Last Stand".
>>
>>90737613
And of course, the first X-Men. Logically, it follows that the two subsequent sequels are also canon here.
>>
>>90737464
Mangold also hinted that the end-credits scene for Apocalypse is how the blood that created X-24 and X-23 was collected.
>>
>Trying to make sense of that clusterfuck created by Fox

Good luck. You won't be able to.
>>
>>90737477
Alternate universe
>>
>>90737538
He was 90-something. He even says he's a nonagenarian.
>>
>>90737453
Wolverine movies never made sense when they were bad, why should they start making sense even when they are good?
>>
File: 14873397031830.jpg (28KB, 494x400px) Image search: [Google]
14873397031830.jpg
28KB, 494x400px
>>90737453
why are you trying to waste everyones time on marvel shit?
>>
>>90737453
You saw teenagers running around in the end of Days of Future Past, not babies. Those teenagers were the last set of mutants to be born. But because mutant powers manifest with puberty, they didn't realize that until just after DoFP.
>>
Stop trying to make sense of a continuity that barely ever made sense to begin with. Just enjoy the movie. Mangold has repeatedly made his opinion of continuity fags clear. Its a fictional story that doesn't line up with other fictional stories, big fucking deal.
>>
Is it a requirement to watch any previous Wolverine/Xmen movies to enjoy Logan?
>>
>>90738298
You're better off watching those. He barely plays wolverine or logan in this. Take the claws aways and it's not a comic book movie.

barely belongs being posted on /co/ honestly.
>>
>>90738298
Do you have a basic understanding of the Wolverine character from reading comics or watching the cartoon as a kid? Then you're good to go.

If you've never read or watched anything about Wolverine you're still good to go if you're good at reading characters(something a lot of /tv/ users don't seem to be).
>>
>>90738018
They were born 25 years ago, they wouldnt be teenagers.

Best explanation is Xavier was wrong, he was old and senile
>>
>paying attention to xmen timelines when fox themselves dont give a shit

just dont think about it
>>
>>90738364
its not that /tv/ posters don't understand logan. It's that if you want to say a movie is good it has to stand on its own.

For someone that legitimately knows nothing about Logan, never saw one of the movies (I won't mention comics because those don't matter to the movies clearly) they wouldn't feel anything more than entertained at most.

The emotional levity the movie had was because many of us remember seeing these two meet with Logan calling Charles wheels 17 years ago. People that don't hold that connection literally look at it like every other cheesey comic flick.

Autistic action scenes, terrible villains despite a PHENOMENAL attempt by the main reaver dude (I can't remember his name that shows you how memorable he was), over-indulgent script.

They put gratuitious moments in there for twelve year olds. A bunch of "fucks" in the first half with a random tit shot to let you know "THIS AINT LIKE THOSE PUSSY MOVIES THIS IS R-RATED LOGAN XD".
>>
Didn't he say 2099?
>>
>>90737477
same timeline alternate universe
>>
>>90738347
>Take the claws aways and it's not a comic book movie.
You say that like it's a bad thing tho
>>
>>90738861
It is. That's the only thing it has going for it.

Otherwise it's a hollow shell of the movies it attempts to be.
>>
>>90737930
Why are you being an unbearable shithead?
>>
>>90737477
Mangold is full of it. He said last week that there was a cut scene referencing X3 and Logan stabbing Jean. Also, there's the Caliban problem.
>>
>>90739065
>. Also, there's the Caliban problem.
Well he says eh didn't know, because there's shitty comunication because the differents teams.

Basically, he was writing his movie while Apocalypse was being made.
>>
File: 76 nope.png (493KB, 1098x1104px) Image search: [Google]
76 nope.png
493KB, 1098x1104px
>xmen movie continuity
>>
>>90737453
Where does it say Days of Future Past is set only a few years before Logan?

Also take into account that any students seen would have been teenagers.
>>
>>90739673
Logan takes place in 2099, OPs a dumbass and heard 2029
>>
>>90737453
15 years, not 25.
>>
>>90737453
my question is whats up with charles being alive? whats up with logan getting his adamantium claws back after The Wolverine? whats up with Logan being poisoned, when did this happen?
>>
>>90739927
>>90738743
You guys are retarded, if it was 2099 professor X would be 190
>>
>>90740038
Don't you see? You can't criticize this movie. It's perfect. So what it doesn't tie to the other ones; it's in its own universe. So what it decided to use random tidbits mangold liked from previous movies: its still in-universe.

The faggots that blindly-love every facet fo this movie refuse to allow any criticism. It was a 7-8 at best. And all of the emotion was based on the previous films it disregarded (almost) as much as the comics it was supposed to be based on.
>>
>>90740473
hey faggot im not saying the movie is bad, i fucking love it, I just have questions about it. so answer my questions or stop vomiting bullshit.
>>
>>90740609
Go watch the movie you love and see if you can figure it out faggot. Oh that's right, you wont be able to. Because they didn't give a fuck about making this movie make sense.
>>
>>90738347
It'd still have a psychic, mutant kids, cyborgs, and clones.
>>
>>90737453
I don't know where you guys heard/saw DOFP takes place right before Logan. I haven't watched it in awhile but I don't recall them dropping the exact year it took place. Everywhere I look online it just says "the distant future". Also, the ending retconed all of X-men 1-3 and Origins, so I don't really get why you all assume Logan woke up AFTER all that at the end of DOFP , rather than waking up back in 2000 before all the terrible shit happened, thus making it possible for Logan to take place 29 years later. Obviously that means the mutant purge started around 2006 where X3 originally was.

Even if this isn't official head canon, it makes a lot more sense and I'm sticking to it. Basically, DOFP is the bridge between the original universe and the new Logan one.
>>
>>90740038
>whats up with Logan being poisoned

What are you, retarded?
>>
>>90741665
they literally say that in the movie, twice even.
>>
>>90740975
Just google "Logan film 2029"

Plenty of sources
>>
>>90741711
Adamantium poisoning
>>
>>90741871
that combined with ageing i guess is taking its toll on him? did i get that right?
>>
>>90741777
>Googles that
>One of the first search results is "Logan Will Be Set In Same Universe As Other X-Men Films After All..."
>Anons in this thread were saying Logan "probably" takes place in it's own separate universe.

So..... basically nobody has any solid idea? Okay. I'll keep sticking to my head canon, then. Still makes more sense then whatever b.s. the director gave in a an attempt to avoid hardcore fans berating him for fucking up the continuity even more.
>>
Xmen has always been full of time travel fuckery.
>>
>>90737453
Congrats bro, you realized their timeline makes no sense.

Just take it as a stand-alone film and it's fine. Add continuity and you're only hurting yourself.
>>
I don't know how you guys get all pissy and confused about the movie timelines when the comics are worse.
>>
>>90741904
Yeah, the metal is poisoning him and his age prevents him from healing from it.
>>
>>90742389
ah okay, so how is charles still alive after x3?
>>
Jackman made a big stink before release about how you shouldn't worry about canon going into it.
>>
>>90738416

Except Caliban and the villains confirm it....
>>
Personally, I just reasoned that Logan is part of a variant of the original pre-Days of Future Past timeline where the Transigen sterilisation plot was the main anti-mutant conspiracy instead of the Sentinels.
>>
>>90742438
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>90742438
Transferred his mind into his comatose twin brother, really. That's what the post-credits scene in the hospital was hinting at.
>>
>>90742797
welp....
and lastly how did logan get his adamantium claws back after his fight with in japan?
>>
>>90742456
I imagine he'd enjoy Bendis' work.
>>
It's a simple fix.

In a future xmen movie. they just reveal that all the previous xmen, wolverine, and deadpool movies are in universe movies/comic books.

most of the major events happened, but things have been changed for dramatization purposes.
>>
>>90742929
Magneto refitted his claws in the Rogue Cut of DOFP
>>
>>90743491
ah okay, gonna need to watch that
>>
>>90738994
And what would those movies be?

Logan ain't a superhero movie fool, it's a western with sci-fi elements thrown lightly in the story. I haven't seen any other X-men movies besides the first three and I liked this one a lot.
>>
>all this hand waving from marvel shills when they fuck something up

Sorry some people hold them to a higher standard and want things to make sense.
>>
>>90742467
Seems like there would be some anti GMO raw food vegans with a kid who can fart rainbows somewhere. What about the 3rd world where they don't get this shit?
>>
>>90743620
>want things to make sense.

Then why do you read comics?
>>
File: 163884.jpg (91KB, 924x530px) Image search: [Google]
163884.jpg
91KB, 924x530px
wait a second, is this version of x-23 completly infused with adamantium or just her claws?
>>
>>90745016
Probably just her claws since a harpoon was shot threw her chest during the fight at the factory.

If she was completely infused with it, the harpoon wouldn't have been able to go through her chest I imagine.
>>
>>90741924
Days of Future Past takes place in 2023.

Logan takes place in 2029.

So unless Xavier had his seizure and killed the x-men, Transigen managed to fuck with the food and stop mutants from being born aside from the one's they were making, and Logans adamantium started killing him ALL with in that 6 year time span, Logan is it's own continuity, just like the Old Man Logan comic is set in it's own universe.

However I would like to say, i'm more upset that they didn't have Logan as the one who slaughtered the x-men. Would have been more emotional than "old man psychic had a seizure and couldn't help it."
>>
Sorry I'm not known of the comics and all but I have some questions about this movie.
Spoilers btw:

Why didn't they kids search for the medicine in order to revive Logan at the end?
Sure it defeats the purpose of his death but it was the most logical thing to do. And they had to kill him off.

Why did the Logan copy die?
Can't his brain regenerate or a part of his skull?
>>
>>90740038
I'm not 100% sure but i THINK after wolverine goes back in time and rewrites history in DoFP this NEW time line had a living Xavier (as evidenced in the end of DoFP) who later becomes alzheimery and it becomes the Logan future.

This same alt timeline created at the end of DoFP might have resulted in him having his claws? (that ones a stretch I admit)

And it was implied more or less that the adamantium was poisoning him after many years (which means x-23 is like super fucked)
>>
>>90747673
God you're so stupid.
>>
>>90747951
>Why didn't they kids search for the medicine
You mean the one he used up?
>revive Logan at the end?
You can't cure death, they would have had to get it to him before he died
>>
>>90747951
>Why didn't they kids search for the medicine in order to revive Logan at the end?
He would've already been dead by the time they found it
>Why did the Logan copy die?
Implied they rushed him out and that he was still a little underdeveloped, which is why he needed that medicine to boost his healing factor earlier in the film.
>Can't his brain regenerate
Wolverine can't regenerate from death in the comics without magical assistance. He recovered in Origins because the bullet was small and only caused brain damage. The one that X-24 got shot with was a higher-caliber and actually blew his brains out.
>>
>>90748029
>And it was implied more or less that the adamantium was poisoning him after many years (which means x-23 is like super fucked)
The adamantium poisoning is only affecting him because the spiked food and water is suppressing his x-gene. X-23 will be fine because she can just rip out her claws and regrow bone ones if the food and water start to affect her.
>>
>>90748050
>I have no argument but I don't like the truth so i'm going to insult you

k
>>
Does no one else know that the Adamantium bonded with his skeleton in such a way that it replaced his bones permanently, his bones are pure living metal, removing it would legitimately kill him, I would assume X-23 had the same thing happen to her.
>>
>>90749408
X-23 only has adamantium claws, there has literally never been a version of her with a full adamantium skeleton.
>>
>>90737453
Who cares?
>>
>>90749471
Haven't had a chance yet to read Old Man Logan, so please excuse my ignorance.
It does seem weird though that they wouldn't do it to her, as thats at least part of the source for Logans extremely high killing potential he's much much stronger than any human, and most mutants, because his bones are so dense and strong.
>>
>>90749471
How has She not lost Her claws then? Her wrists should have snapped of from the stress
>>
>>90737453
just turn off your brain bro
>>
>>90737930
They need to be put in their place for spamming how Logan is "kino" when it's clearly an edgefest. I thought Xavier had dementia (which also doesn't make sense), not Tourette's, so why is he cursing all the time?
>>
>>90749573
Healing Potential of Logan, she has, my young Padawan
>>
>>90749573
She's still pretty fucking strong, able to lift 800 lbs.
>>90749572
In the comics she escaped before they could finish the procedure, I'm guessing they were going to finish the procedure in the movie too before the kids escaped.
>>
>>90749692
She should not be able to lift eight hundred pounds then, Logan was only able to reach peak human strength before he got the Adamantium bones, she is too young to have the musculature necessary to do so.
>>
>>90749572
Maybe after the other 22 failures they ran out of adamantium
>>
>>90745016
If she was completely infused with adamantium wouldn't that stunt her growth, horribly?
>>
>>90749745
Healing factor or something. How else do you think Logan can move around like a ninja despite his skeleton adding an extra 105 lbs?
>>
>>90749634
You have obviously never had a person close to you have dimentia, they lose their filter so a straight laced person will start to curse and say inappropriate stuff
>>
>>90749806
Finish reading the thread before you reply especially if you see that something has replies, it helps avoid confusion, and gives you an explanation if one has already been provided like my question has.
>>90749837
Even Logan was not that strong as a child, or even as an early teenager, she is a clone of his X Chromosome, I gather, so she should be no stronger than he was.
>>
>>90749670
she heals even better than Logan
>>
>>90737453
Everytime I see this pic I can't help but notice how Jean looks so much like Arkham Knight Poison Ivy
>>
>>90749906
I thought he had the highest X-factor excepting the Hulk and gods? even so I'd presume his was about the same when he was her age, younger people heal faster.
>>
>>90749996
A lot of Wolverine's healing factor is focused on keeping him from dying from Adamantium.
>>
Remember Xavier's hoverchair? Didn't think so
>>
>>90750074
Even in the regular comics? I wasn't aware this was an issue except in Old Man Logan obviously, which is basically a longer what if? comic with the premise of Logan ages instead of being basically immortal and will die from adamantine poisoning, because somehow his healing factor didn't alter his body to accept it.
>>
>>90750142
Logan only ages if healing factor slows down, and his healing factor slows down if he's not really using it.
>>
>>90750338
Good thing he's always using it then, being an eternal soldier and all, and always seeking a fight just for fun.
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.