[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last night's Flash live thread barely broke 60 posters and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_1108.jpg (141KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1108.jpg
141KB, 700x700px
Last night's Flash live thread barely broke 60 posters and failed to hit 500 posts before the episode ended. That is absolutely pathetic for this show. So I ask you all, what went wrong?
>>
lemme guess the black guy can run faster then the flash?
>>
>>90737164
That's an unfortunate hand placement, Barry.
>>
First season was the only good one. Without Thawne and after the rush of references wore off, it's just another CW show caught in a loop.
>>
File: Flashes.jpg (112KB, 648x960px) Image search: [Google]
Flashes.jpg
112KB, 648x960px
the episode was fucking boring.

season 2 & 3 should have been only 16 episodes, they do not have the ability to write 24 episodes and the pacing is so boring.

Even this episode pinpoints how Flash doesnt suffer any consequences himself, fucking Jay Garrick had to come and take this "huge" sacrifise that just comes out of nowhere.
>>
>>90737164
Black kid.

Casuals acting like Gustin belongs in anything but a basic cable television show.
>>
>>90737175
Yes actually.
>>
>Highest grossing single hour thread on /co/

>dead

Anon..
>>
CW Flash is not a great hero
he always has to ask for assistance, is ridiculous Always suffers to defeat any villain
>>
Well, well.

>Flahs and team are idiots
>repetitive plots and villains
>boring sub plots and concepts
>idiotic explanations for asspulls.
>disappointing events that should have been amazing
Looking at you Gorilla City.
It just feels like huge wasted potential.

>>90737175
At this point, everyone is faster than the Flash
>>
>>90737359
>Casuals acting like Gustin belongs in anything but a basic cable television show.

Hey, if Gal Gadot can headline a superhero movie, anyone can.
>>
File: IMG_1109.png (548KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1109.png
548KB, 1280x720px
>>90737443
>Flash is not a great hero
FROM MY PERSPECTIVE YOU'RE THE BIG BAD
>>
>What went wrong?
The show did
>>
I gave up on this show ever being redeemable when they shot a guy instead of getting him a vasectomy.
>>
>>90737164
Season 2

But Season 1 peaked at the Trickster/real Thawne episode and the show has never topped that
>>
>>90737471
>This barely fuckable thing is a bad actress
>so that means this shitty faggot gets to be in the movie
Really isn't an excuse. We shit on Gal.

I'll take mexican "too soon" flash every day of the week.
>>
It's not bad, but it's boring and afraid to break the status quo.

It can easily be salvaged, though.
>>
>>90737164
What went wrong? It was another "god Barry your such an ass and failure for trying to save everything all the time it'd be better if you just fucked off and let us all get killed by metas, even the universe is mad you wanted to save your mom you filthy orphan" episode.
>>
>>90737505
What a straight ace you are.
>>
>>90737505
>implying the Flash movie will ever happen at this point
>>
>>90737607
>implying I implied that
>>
>>90737164

The ending was dumb. I'm sick of this will they won't they crap. Should have ended with a tease about Savitar, Grodd or a Rogue.

Show is okay but feels like the worst of the DC shows lately.
>>
I'll probably finish this season like i watched Arrow s3, speed x2.5 and skipping boring scenes. I'll drop the show as soon as they announce season 4's speedster villain.

I hope they get their hype game up when the movie comes.
>>
>>90737696
Pretty sure they said next season they're doing the Rogues since they'll finally be able to bring back Cold.
>>
>>90737212
Cutting down on the episode count isn't going to fix the problems inherent to the show, moron. We'd still be stuck with a limp-wristed Barry who can't do a damn thing on his own, a supporting cast struggling for any sort of relevancy, and plots that always spiral down into bullshit "romance" drama.
>>
>>90737716
Well they're going to have to make some interesting Rogues. Because fuckers like Mirror Master jobbed so hard they were subplots. Cold is literally the only one who ever was remotely decent villain.
>>
This season has been pretty bad. I stopped watching after the mid-season finale back in December. I really don't like Wally or Iris/Barry romance.
>>
>>90737607
Does that still not have a director
>>
>>90737475
You know this show made me realise Tom Felton is actually a pretty good actor as he somehow manages to sell the bullshit they write.
>>
File: pizzaz cringe.png (240KB, 524x488px) Image search: [Google]
pizzaz cringe.png
240KB, 524x488px
>>90737164
>what went wrong?
The lazy writing.

i thought that was pretty obvious to everyone.
>>
>>90737164
FLASH! Whoaaaaa! Saviour of the Universe!
>>
>>90738187
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS4_Z84-rRE
>>
File: egghead.jpg (25KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
egghead.jpg
25KB, 350x263px
>>90737164
Season 1 was alright but weighed down by CW's drama mandate and poor interim writers. The finale was also fucking terrible on every level to the point where almost everyone is out of character and motivations get very unclear

Season 2 struggled to justify keeping the only elements of the show that worked and doubled down on the drama without a good central plot to carry it. It had a good episode or two between inside the speed force and the finale, but in general it was pretty bad

Season 3 was dead on arrival and I'm a little shocked people still care enough to talk about it
>>
I AM SAVITAR
GOD OF JOBBING
>>
>>90737164
It's funny I enjoyed this show show much in the first season, season 2 however was kind of a mess with the Jay Garrick thing but I loved the show I continued up until the first episode after the season 3 mid season finale I don't know why but I just can't be bothered to continue.
>>
>>90737164
You had a /tv/ thread on the wrong board, if you post content to the wrong board you're gonna get less discussion.
>>
Well, I was sick. So, I went to bed early. Otherwise, I would have been here. I don't know where everyone else was.
>>
Season 3 curse. Arrow went to shit in S3, took 2 seasons to kinda recover. Flash is now shit in S3.
>>
>>90737175
Fuck off /pol/, read fucking comics before you bring your bullshit here.
>>
>>90737164
People realised it was shit like everything else DC
>>
>>90739924
Flash was shit in S2 as well though.
>>
>>90739950
Leave marvelfag.
>>
>>90737164
im a nigger
>>
>>90739957
Only the last half. Everything before the shitty ruse cruise was fairly solid.
>>
>>90737475
THEN YOU ARE AT LOST
>>
I'm just pissed off they brought back the whole "Iris is pissed at Barry for absolutely no reason" thing. There have been like 6 villains who used either powers or technology to slow down Barry, why can they not do this to Savitar?
>>
>>90737410
Flash season 1 used to burn through 3 threads within the hour on average. Now they barely finish even 1. After the first Grodd episode this season I just stopped caring. How are you going to write an episode about tricking a mind-reading Gorilla with a fake death ploy to escape from a cage?
>>
File: Barry is Worst Flash.gif (2MB, 540x200px) Image search: [Google]
Barry is Worst Flash.gif
2MB, 540x200px
>>90737164
He kept having speedsters as his main opponent every season.

Doctor Alchemy was nothing more than a false promise.

It's just speedsters all the time and Fake Black Wally.
>>
>>90737164
Stopped watching awhile because:
>>90737199
>>
>>90740188
>Doctor Alchemy was nothing more than a false promise.
This is the absolute worst. What the fuck is the point of wasting the character like that? They should have just used Cicada, no one gives a shit about him and he's already a cultist character.
>>
>>90737164

>Talking shit about flash when arrow and lot/sg take a week to hit 500 posts

Riverdale is now second strongest show behind the flash on /co/

think about them almonds.
>>
>>90737164
In the vast majority of cases a TV show's popularity and viewership will decline over time. I'm sorry you thought CW's The Flash was somehow going to be a miracle child that broke this widely recorded and common knowledge trend.
>>
I literally can't be bothered to watch this shit anymore.
>>
>>90739947
Blacky west africa was never faster than barry you SJW triggered faggot
>>
>>90737199

I continue to watch since it's a DC show. (Been watching Lucifer, Powerless, and Supergirl also despite not liking them) . First season had so much hype. Have not cared for a single cliffhanger after Season 1.
>>
>>90742687
Which makes no sense. At no point in time have Wypipo ever been faster than Blacks
>>
I think a lot of the problem is Rebirth. Like I was watching the show just for a Flash fix because Venditti was shitting up the comics but now the main Flash ongoing is decent (not amazing bug readable) and old Wally is back so there's no need to bother with CW's bullshit.
>>
>>90739924
I hope Izombie doesnt suffer the same fate.
>>
>>90742717
Read comics ;)
>>
>>90737164
Is that LTG?
>>
>>90742913
iZombie actually has talented showrunners so it hopefully won't be an issue.
>>
>>90742913
It won't.
Because, for one, all of those other shows were fucking shit to begin with.
>>
>>90742687
You're the faggot crying about a black actor, and you're bitching about someone else being triggered?

stay salty /polcuck/
>>
>>90743062
Veronica Mars season 3 was bad too, and that's by the same showrunner
>>
>>90737175
Every speedster in this series has been faster than the Fastest Man Alive
>>
>>90743429
Veronica Mars had a weaker premise and less entertaining characters
>>
>>90737164
Flashpoint in Season 2.
>>
>>90742687
He was when Wally was the main flash. You should probably read a comic sometime. It's really cool.
>>
>>90743490
Doing Flashpoint and not making it a nightmare world that Barry would actually want to change back was a huge mistake. Should have just not done it at all.
>>
>>90743517
>He was when Wally was the main flash

Not blacky,and not the same character

>>90743406
Im not the same guy you idiot, im pointing out the black wally isnt wally and wasnt faster than barry
>>
>>90743698
You're getting confused. CW Wally is a black version of white Wally, he is not an adaption of black Wally.
>>
>>90743723
>CW Wally is a black version of white Wally

He isnt. wally isnt iris brother either.
>>
>>90743878
The only thing he shares with nuWally is race while everything else lines up with original Wally besides parentage. You're missing the forest for the tress. You also don't seem to understand how adaptions work. I don't know why normies like you even post here.
>>
>>90743980
>while everything else lines up with original Wally besides parentage.
Sure i remember wally being a drag racer or not knowing about his real family, dating jessie. etc. Its not the original wally at all, when he came out Blacky was the only wally
>>
>>90743980
My first flash comic was the Porcupine Man story, fuck off SJW, stop pretending you have anything of value to say black wally doesnt bring nothing to the table in both paper and tv form
>>
>>90744128
So we're going ot ignore how much he idolized Barry and the Flash and had a hero streak as well? That is white Wally not nuWally.

>when he came out Blacky was the only wally

Not true at all. We had just had Wally in Convergence and Titans Hunt was announced and set to bring him back to the main universe as well.

>>90744249
CW Wally sucks but he's not an adaption of black Wally who also sucks in different ways. You can acknowledge those two facts without being a SJW.
>>
>>90744685
Black wally was a thing since Iris was cast
>>
>>90742687
Just because you're right doesn't mean youre not a triggered little baby
>>
>>90737164
Anon that stopped watching after season two here

It was obvious they were creatively bankrupt the moment they introduced Earth-2. They made so many crucial flaws last year, I refused to get sucked in again, ala Arrow.

>Barry literally having to learn shit he knew midway through season one in an attempt to keep the STAR supporting cast relevant
>a pathetic attempt to keep Cavanaugh in the show with E2, but as a different character doing an angry whisper and with zero tension
>getting his father out of jail, aka killing the heart of the show
>introducing Wally as a literal secret crackbaby son was beyond retarded
>Zoom had no actual plan and to top it off "Jay"/Zolomon's actor had the talent of a plank of wood

The only episode I recall thinking was good was the Kevin Smith episode, which blows my mind because he's a total hack.
>>
>>90743698
>Im not the same guy you idiot
You're still a triggered faggot /polcuck/ you idiot.
>>
>>90737164
You know this show would be much more popular among normies if they brought the classic red head Wally especially after they aired Young Justice
>>
File: POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTER.png (549KB, 560x574px) Image search: [Google]
POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTER.png
549KB, 560x574px
>>
What I don't understand is why Barry and Iris need to split for a while. Literally why? There is no initial reason. I don't remember Barry being this much of an emo kid.

>>90745410
No it wouldn't anon. YJ "failed" on CN due to toy sales which means children weren't immersed into it. Which is fucking stupid. Now, I agree, this is something I would like to see. Barry fucks with time again and the Wests are white. They black washed them only because they KNEW colour would make them seem "diverse." Granted, it was good for a handful of people like Nick Fury but overall, a black Kid Flash who can and maybe IN The series become The Flash, it's not going to work out well. I don't get why they did it either anon.

They did it cause the SJWs and almost all fuckin networks/actors are libtards and I wouldn't doubt finding out that Grant and the others of the show were a Shillary supporter. All consider John Wesley Shipp is a HUGE Shillary supporter. Seriously, it's all over his Twitter.
>>
>>90745659
I think they changed the race mostly because they wanted to do the "Barry lives with the Wests" thing and it's too incestuous if they look like they could actually be related.

But I don't think they needed to bring in Wally at all.
>>
>>90745737
I got use to it for the most part. I like Kid flash/Wally West considering he was the Flash on Justice League, which I guess I could see that being a stepping stone when they did a mini justice league ep.

I think they black washed it for the normie audience while the nerds, hell even black nerds I've asked about it said "I really wish shows would stop black washing characters. White characters are fine. They need to stop race swapping"

You know what would happen if we took a black show and made it literally all white people? We would be called racist white KKK members and so on. We would get called out for stupid shit. But blackie over here did it and it's "culturally diversified"

Random fact:
The Boondocks was created by a white dude.
>>
This show is going downhill and fast. This season sucked, plus that whole HR bullshit
>>
>>90745845
>The Boondocks was created by a white dude.

Aaron McGruder's black though
>>
File: image0.jpg (9KB, 225x169px) Image search: [Google]
image0.jpg
9KB, 225x169px
>>90737487
or a superfast kick in the nuts.
>>
>>90737535
The universe sounded more pissed that he went on to save his mom AND THEN PUSSIED OUT AND LET HER GET KILLED AGAIN.
>>
>>90740066
This. That's the kinda melodrama tactic Arrow would do. It's irritating that Flash is stooping to that low this quickly
>>
>>90746035
I heard one of the main guys (who I swore) was white
>>
It's the same shit over and over again, new evil speedster shows up, Barry's not fast enough, agonises over how he's going to save the day, gets fast enough, saves the day.

Wally was a mistake, I think they brought him in case the movies turned round and said "only we can use Barry" and now they're stuck with him.

Cavanagh's wasted, Thawne was great, Harry grew on you, HR feels like they signed Cavanagh for a multi-season contract and couldn't think of anything interesting to do with him.

Legends fucked them out of the Rogues, what's the point when Cold and Heatwave are off saving the day?

They borrowed a bit too much from Zolomon for Thawne/Wells that doing that version of Zoom is going to feel cheap.
>>
>>90742768
So the problem is that characterfags like you make a habit out of settling for hot garbage?

I think you're onto somethin here
>>
>>90740188
Totally agree, why the fuck is wally just fighting speedster, same shit whith oliver fighting shitty ass archers.
>>
>>90745845
It's kinda hard to take you seriously when you're talking out your ass, anon
>>
>>90746204
The speedforce is a stupid and dark entity; it transformed Zoom into a braindead servant, it "allows" speedsters to change time (Barry creating Flashpoint) if they agree so they dont send time wraiths after speedsters who are supposed to change time. It gets mad if speedsters misuse their powers, sharing in Barry's anger at evil speedsters. It gets upset when the people from other timelines are wiped out but allows it.
>>
>>90744843
Dude he made one comment about the black guy being faster, you're the one who started throwing a tantrum and calling everyone /pol/
>>
>>90747137
then you clearly don't understand nomie society anon
>>
>>90747143

It's like Lucifer's hell, going into one of the doors can lead to an eternity playing itself over and over again. The show's fucked up. Would've been better if they didn't had any pretense in it and just showed Fox Lucifer in it.

Fuck, Kevin Smith's episode of the Runaway Dinosaur had better characterization of the Speedforce.
>>
>>90747375
I don't think you do, anon
>>
>>90748407
Yeah, it's american society. Right now in this current time, if too many white shows are on the air, we are seen as "racist." that's why so much of it's being changed to black.
>>
>>90748457
This is just turning into a "muh safespace" shitpost, there's no reason to drag it on, anon
>>
>>90748522
I know, I don't blame you anon for thinking that anon. I hate it as much as the next nerd. I just want at least a really close representation of what they are doing. I don't expect 1:1 but hell, lets get close enough.

I'd say, at least we are basically on the right track of the flash to a point
>>
>>90737175
Just like real life.
>>
>>90740011
this. looking back on s2 i realize now it was actually a very solid season up until the zoom being jay reveal. after that it was all downhill with only a couple bright spots (mainly Runaway Dinosaur, which this episode poorly attempted to replicate the success of)
>>
>>90747759
I would have liked a less moral compass speedforce
>>
the engagement/break up shit feels so forced and like typical cw drama.
It just doesn't even make sense
>>
Cause CW superhero shows all suck.
>>
>>90744685
Black boi wally never idolized Barry. He hated Barry when he entered the West family.
>>
Whatever happened to Thawne's Gideon? Did they just leave a hyper intelligent super computer in the future room and never talk about it or use it when they have a problem that needs solving?
>>
>>90751213

Flashpoint

or Speedforce

these are the go-to excuses
>>
>>90751213
I think Thawne took it.
>>
>>90742249
And it's interesting because one of the alleged leakers last year said we'd be getting Cicada this season.
>>
>>90737359
>Black kid.
>Casuals acting like Gustin belongs in anything but a basic cable television show.

yep
>>
>>90737175
Iris is faster then flash right now from the slow motion.
>>
File: 1484256009816.gif (2MB, 224x250px) Image search: [Google]
1484256009816.gif
2MB, 224x250px
>the same plot over and over again
>too many characters
>too much drama, even for CW
>too many speedsters
>no Eobard-Wells
>boring Cisco
>no Captain Cold
>Malfoy-Snow plot
>Jessie-Wally plot
>less Jay Garrick
>literally no character development for Barry since season one
>>
>>90744249
>My first flash comic was the Porcupine Man story, fuck off SJW, stop pretending you have anything of value to say black wally doesnt bring nothing to the table in both paper and tv form

goona agree and I'm a SJW.. wait ops I'm not
>>
>>90745606

If wally was a ginger, he could say "h eis a ginger, h emust be a weasley'
>>
>>90751213
Thawne most likely has it but hasnt shown himself using it like on LoT since it might confuse the plebs. It might have been cool if he talked to ship Gideon on LoT.
>>
Accept it, Flash never really good in the first place. We gave it so much slack because Barry was starting out and we hoped it would get better as it went along, gaining momentary entertainment from whatever character popped up regardless if it was done well. The problems it had now were there from the start. The only difference now is that CW writers are now forced to think for themselves seeing how the origin shit they used as a crutch is no longer there. This show isnt about the Flash, its about poorly written teen drama sprinkled with comic references, same goes with ARROW. Rogues dont matter, Barry is a retard, Iris is a cunt, and a dozen people know his identity because CW writers cant write secret identities so they dont even try. These shows were a mistake, and it only creates a cancerous fandom that can harm comics
>>
for me it's a bunch of small things but they add up.
>"Mysterious evil speedster who's identity we don't know, who shows up acts villainy for 5seconds then runs away" was good for 1 season not 3 straight seasons.
>Except for Snart and Mick the rogues have all been just godawful 1-2 episode jobbers for the most part.
>Cast has gotten way to large so they have to make Barry practically retarded at time to justify him needing the help of the others.
>I love Cavanugh, but rotating Wells is getting dumb especially when some anon pointed out that Barry capturing Thawne b4 he killed his mom should mean that Thawne never killed original Wells since he did that after he killed Barry's mom and realized he was stuck here.
>The shitty lazy writing always using the same method to force drama: Person A lies (outright or by omission), someone else gets mad about it, repeat ad nauseam.

Each are minor annoyances but when you have them all together it'd just disappointing episode after disappointing episode, and for me a disappointing episode is much worse than just a straight up bad ep
>>
>I think someone got yelled at for keeping secrets again, but I could just be mixing it up with the last episode
>Speed Force is a dick for no reason
>Member when these awesome characters were on the show?
>Jessie Quick and Idiot Welles confirm what we already know
>More forced drama between Barry and Iris
>>
>>90737164
>what went wrong?

The show peaked in the middle of season 1, and now it's just a soap opera.
>>
>>90743535
It appears that's what they wanted season 3 to be about with him resolving to go back to the regular timeline at the finale but they changed their minds real quick cause the budget would be insane.
>>
>>90751213
>Thawne's Gideon

I thought Barry was the one who invented Gideon. Then again, it's hard to believe this version of Barry doing anything for himself without his support crew. He's usually an idiot.
>>
>>90737175

Barry is always the slowest speedster in the room. Even fucking old fart Jay Garrick is faster than him.
>>
>>90740011
You could say the same about shitty Arrow seasons as well.
>>
>>90737164
It's as stale these days as it is stupid. Which is quite a bit. And my god I've never seen a show drop the ball so much. It's amazing the storylines and characters with real potential they just rush through. Most of them far more interesting than the main story they stretch out for no good reason and can't even sustain logically or entertainingly.
>>
TThey some how turned the best character in the comics (Wally) into the worst character of the show.
>>
>>90756757
Barry did make Gideon. Gideon is a computer os. It can be copied and tweaked for the user and Thawne is smart enough to do that.
>>
it's the most boring comic book show besides The Walking Dead
Wynonna Earp, The Tick, Lucifer, Powerless, Riverdale, etc...
literately every single one is more entertaining
fucking Flashfags still defend this shit somehow
>>
Did they seriously continue with the dumb drama over "muh marriage proposal wasn't real enough"? No sane people would react this way. They would realize he went through so many losses and became desperate. They'd maybe get upset a bit, but would quickly forgive. I'm convinced the writers were aware of this. They just forced it along anyway because they were too lazy to rewrite it.
>>
>>90737164
>what went wrong?
Not enough Jay Garrick. https://my.mixtape.moe/omcnnz.webm
>>
I do understand it's the doldrums of the season and I can't expect the writers to try....but why was jesse acting like a complete retard? Her arc makes no sense and it makes me think the character never actually cared about wally
>>
do any actual flash fans still sit through this crap? i fast foward though sometimes but really I barely even do that anymore.
>>
>>90759055
>fucking Flashfags still defend this shit somehow
I dont see much of that anymore really. Its almost the consensus now it's gone to shit. Everyone has a problem with something like a continuity error or Barry being an idiot.
>>
Barry has murdered a lot of people
>>
>>90739950
This. So much this
>>
>>90760347
I fast forward through Black Wally parts. Getting ready to quit the show altogether though
>>
File: 1489622379502m.jpg (57KB, 579x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489622379502m.jpg
57KB, 579x1024px
I need flash memes.
>>
>>90760716
Something the writers a couple eps back seemed to easily forget
>>
>>90761107
I need a competent Flash show
>>
>>90747290
this
>>
>>90738008
They just need a director 6 months before the scheduled release date to make the movie, it wont be a good movie but it can be done. Just like Fantastic Four
>>
>>90738141

Not only was it lazy writing they wrote themselves into lazy writing by having ready made villains from parallel earth rather than having to build them into the story. Or they just bring villains from the future to get back at barry in the present for punishing them in the future

This way they dont have to make any effort on the story and can just make convoluted shit up before the deadline hits
>>
I told you faggots back in season 1 that this show was just a flash in the pan. All style no substance.
>>
>>90762976
I knew that when they made the West's black
>>
Barry fucking up and bringing misery to his friends while fighting another speedster can only go so far
>>
>>90737164
last ep was crap. it was a cop out with flash number 4 coming out of nowhere to take the hell spot and I guess its ok because they care less about him. I expected it to be the one were they showed the final twist instead we got no new information
>>
>>90760716
Easy money says the ending of this season will go

>Barry gets faster to stop Savitar
>Savitar makes a mad dash to kill Iris before he gets beat
>Barry catches up to him and snaps his neck
>next season is the trial of barry allen
>>
>>90738465
/tv/ does not talk about such shows, only shitpost
>>90744889
>getting his father out of jail, aka killing the heart of the show
well there is only so long they could have kept that going. It was a already looking ridiculous in my eyes sine any sane man would just bust out their father the second they had proof of insolence even if it was not enough for the courts
>>
>>90763252
>bust out their father the second they had proof of insolence even if it was not enough for the courts

You are an idiot and I'm not just talking about your awful spelling
>>
Legends took all the interesting characters and are using them better than on the Flash
>>
>>90738228

Its riding on the circlejerk of B-List references
>>
>>90763310
blame auto correct and new opera (switched yesterday) how am I an idiot, if you know your father is innocent, like you saw the crime itself and know he did not do it. why would not you free him?
>>
>>90740188

Everyone's powers magically stop working in a metal bar cage

They have a retarded plan of escape from the cage which hinges on the telepathic ape to not read their minds at all
>>
>>90753474

maybe they initially wen with circada and felt to get a bigger B-Lister instead
>>
>>90742913

I feel like they are kinda risking going full retard with zombie company takeover.
>>
>>90739947
You know he's white in the comics that matter right?
>>
>>90745993

I can see some potential in the Abra Kadabra twist they could potentially pull with him but the rest of the writing is complete shit
>>
>>90763385
me too. I would not say full retard but I really don't want the global scale. It was fine as a buddy cop show. blaine still had unexplored possibilities
>>
>>90746884
>Cavanagh's wasted, Thawne was great, Harry grew on you, HR feels like they signed Cavanagh for a multi-season contract and couldn't think of anything interesting to do with him.

He was supposed to be the original villain in Legends with Arrow & Flash involved if you look at the original promo. But they ended up going with Hawks which I am assuming is due to scheduling conflicts mostly for Amell & Grant cause they wouldnt have time to do their own show
>>
>>90751213

They would have to end up paying the voice actress more shekels
>>
For me
>Black Wally is a bitch
>Re-used plot
>Yet another evil speedster
>the cast is too big
>Barry is an idiot
>Barry is yet again not the fastest man alive
>No Eobard/Wells
>Nothing new since season 1
>>
>>90737175
but black people do run faster dont they??
>>
>>90737175
Wally was always destined to be faster than Barry
>>
>>90764209
>>90764209
No, some blacks are from a specific region of africa. And they have on average a better combination of muscle fiber for speed bursts.

Also Flash doesnt use his muscles to run fast. That's quicksilver
>>
I dropped at the end season 2 how many times can Barry learn the same lesson?
>>
You know i was still taken aback wally was black... Evem though the wests have been black since the start.

Also, the issue with flash is same as the other CW shows. Too much drama no interesting characters to care about.

Constantine got cancelled but these shows still go on.
>>
>>90737164
Black Wally and continuing to pull the "OMG, Barry is best flash."
>>
>>90764221
Real Wally, this asshole isn't wally.
>>
I'm still enjoying it but if I had to guess it would be because of Legends of Tomorrow going and picking out all the entertaining characters (and jax) from the series and giving them their own show rather than having a great supporting cast. He'll even thawn doesn't want to appear in the flash because he's to busy being interesting over at LoT.

Now it's just Savatar playing with his food instead of making any major pushes. It's still better than the arrows last season, but The Flash is just becoming a commercial for the rest of the CW shows that aren't doing as well.
>>
File: Batpout2.jpg (53KB, 472x480px) Image search: [Google]
Batpout2.jpg
53KB, 472x480px
>Embodiment of your power source all but tells you to nut up, stop letting others do the heavy lifting for you, pick a direction and stick with it
>Somehow becomes MORE wishy-washy, lets his tertiary mentor take the fall, and tries to save Iris while pushing her away

It's like the writers are fully aware of their own mistakes, yet the run full speed into these stupid situations.
>>
What I think a lot of people forget is that it's a CW show. It's a soap opera first and everything else second. It and Arrow and Supergirl are no different from Smallville, being a drama that just happens to be set in the DC universe. The fact that they're superheroes and villains with powers is just a consequence of the setting.

Legends of Tomorrow is the only DC/CW show that actually feels like it's a comic adaptation show first and a soap second, but even then it still has too many soapy elements.
>>
I haven't even watched season 3 yet and I don't know if I'm going to. Season 2 was a fucking mess that retread practically the same ground as the first season (e.g. mentor/father figure ends up being the main villain the whole time) and Barry ends up learning nothing at all. He's been at this for over two years in-show and still acts as green as he did in his first week. Everyone still participates in the "secrets and lies" nonsense that drags these shows down despite promising each other that they're going to be more open.

Season 3 is when Arrow got really bad and never recovered. I'm expecting Flash is going the same route.
>>
>>90762976
Your award is coming any day now
>>
>>90767513
Honestly felt like the speed force was the fans talking direct to barry
>>
>>90768278

Even Grant Gustin is aware of his character's poor decision-making skills. The season 2 blooper reel has him ranting about how dumb an idea it is to go back in to the past, knock out his past self, and just leave him out in the open in some alley.
>>
>>90767460
They'd just end up sitting around and telling Barry to go faster either way. It's better they escaped that fate.
>>
>>90737175
It's Wally West dummy.
>>
>Jay volunteers to take Wally's place

...why didn't they all just run away together? The Speed Force needs someone? Don't they already have Black Flash?
>>
>>90768380
To be honest one of the saddest things about how the show is going is watching it suck the happiness and youth out of Grant Gustin. Contrast the happy dork from Arrow and season 1 with him now.
>>
>>90763235
You give this show too much credit.
>>
>>90769256

The same happened with Amell, even though Arrow was always a darker show. He fucking loved being on it and always seemed pretty chipper off set in seasons 1 and 2. Season 3 on and he looks like he's barely holding it together.
>>
>>90770483
Amell was a fucking moron who loved being on a crap show. He got by on the viewership's enthusiasm, which went away when they realized it was crap as well.
>>
>>90770483
>>90770573

This season of Arrow has been dope man. It seems CW only have one good set of writers. Which ever show they get moved to is good, and whichever one they were moved from turns to shit. Somehow Arrow and Legends are the best two shows this season. With Supergirl a close third.
>>
>>90763235
Kind of loses it's impact when Barry's killed several people before.

... Which means there is a solid possibility they will go this route.

>>90768458
Fucking exactly. And the idea of the Speedforce needing some sort of balance completely falls apart when Barry standing there is proof enough that's bullshit.
>>
>>90770620
>This season of Arrow has been dope man

The cast interaction is good. Everything else is just the same.
>>
>>90768380
Do you have the video?
>>
>>90770637

Prometheus has been balls to the wall awesome. This week was the best the show has been since season 2.
>>
>>90768433
Wally West is white though
>>
>>90770666

https://youtu.be/jgWEck3Qagk?t=354
>>
>>90770969

Except Smallville was a ratings god for WB/CW

28 7 "Lineage" Greg Beeman Teleplay by: Kenneth Biller
Story by: Alfred Gough & Miles Millar November 5, 2002 175056 9.4[4]

No show has ever had higher ratings on either version of the network.

They ran that show into the ground and back again and it kept double and triple the ratings Arrow has even in season 10.

Supernatural in it's 12th season has around same ratings as Arrow. 12 years.

Smallville was getting 3.0s in ratings when all network had was shit like Gossip girl and the show was in friday death slot.

Amell wishes he was Tom welling of this decade.
>>
>>90737164
Personally I feel like just about all the 2017 episodes have been pretty darn great.
Though at the same time, the late 2016 episodes weren't all that. But these 2017 ones feel like some of the best the show has had all seasons considered.

It just needs to avoid falling apart in the coming episodes now.
>>
File: 1467595813358.jpg (169KB, 854x479px) Image search: [Google]
1467595813358.jpg
169KB, 854x479px
Why is Iris the worst character? Their entire relationship makes absolutely no sense. I love all the silly comic bullshit, but that aspect makes the show painful to watch at times.
>>
>>90771237
The ratings landscape has changed considerably since then though. You can't really compare ratings of today against the past without factoring in things like streaming, delayed viewing and such. Ratings on every network slip year after year because of those issues. It's just a different ballgame, really. Smallville probably was bigger but you should factor in how audiences today are turning toward other means of watching their favorite shows more than ever before. Sorry if my TVBTN is coming out. Can't help it.
>>
>>90770739
Yeah until he opens his mouth and sounds like one of Rita Repulsa's goons.
>>
Completely dropped the ball on the Speedforce. I was expecting Flash: Rebirth (2009) and it was nowhere near that. How can you fuck up an episode that features Black Flash and Jay fucking Garrick?
>>
>>90772724

I've rarely seen a male and female act on screen together with less sexual chemistry.

To the point, I often use Zachary Quitno, who is gay as it comes has more sexual chemistry with Kristen Bell, to point I actually thought he wanted to really fuck her.

And that was in worst season of Heroes, season 3.

I have to plumb depths of shows out of time and mind to find worse character chemistry. I keep thinking back to pre-ordained, narrative stories like Romeo and Juliet type shit that locks two actors into a story together, almost holding them hostage and that is how I feel watching her interact with gustin.

I used to think it was just because he didn't like dark women but he is dating some weird asian/flip chick currently after leaving his dancer blonde girlfriend.

So race doesn't bother him. The hapa chick from TVD that plays linda, he had good chemistry with, patty, even fucking cardboard cutout caitlin manages to have chemistry with him. I physically struggle with understanding how they could miscast two people that are core to story. The bowling alley scene in season 1 was only believable scene in 3 years.

I weep for craft if this is best they can do.
>>
>>90772800

I understand the exception you're making in a market that is dealing with steady cordcutting, easy piracy, a plethra of viewing options, but the ratings are being adjusted across platform and L+7s are being added in so really they're going to be more people watching content even as landscape changes, so I disagree fundamentally.

If anything as they add more and more sources for their ratings, it should go up, not down and I think CW has unique problems in that their demo skews younger and are the most tech savvy of any generation, so the one caveat is their key demo is pirating all their shit.

So even with that I still think once they add in all viewing services to other numbers, their advertisers will be okay with it all. And it will be more easy to compare once they start added in all of the viewing metrics and can probably even guess how much of their shit is being pirated considering streaming and torrent sites track views/downloads.
>>
>>90764209
Yes we do.

Both long distance and short distance.
>>
>>90772937
Just cause he likes Asians doesn't mean he likes blacks
>>
>>90772937
They don't have chemistry cause for an entire season Iris was Eddie's girlfriend and Barry was the beta who stuck around hoping their relationship fails. She flat-out rejected his advances when she was with Eddie.

Plus they practically grew up as brother and sister so it makes it even weirder. It has nothing to do with race and more to do with the background story of why they're dating. Iris seems to be with him out of pity more than anything, while Barry comes off as a love-sick puppy, plus he's still an idiot who needs to be told how to run fast.
>>
>>90773856

The asian chick is almost same dark as candice, she isn't like hot asians you would expect him to be dating, she's some mutt version so my point is he already has weird taste in broads or beards or whatever the fuck she is.
>>
>>90773986
She isn't ugly like Iris though.
>>
>>90773928

dude you're giving in story reasons that you made up in your head to justify bad acting and no actual on-screen chemistry and it has nothing to do with story reasons.

People started pushing for Dexter to fuck his sister because of his chemistry with a woman he was married to in real life who happened to be his irl wife.

On screen chemistry regardless of story can create an image in minds of people that carries across narrative reasons.

Do narrative reasons help? Of course. But it doesn't mean you need them.

Did they setup all this stuff badly? I agree they did but I should feel like they would actually want to fuck regardless of dialogue or the way they setup shots or overall story, this is cw where they live on teen drama.

The pacific islander they got playing archie on riverdale, I buy that dude would want to plow every broad on that show and for all I know he's secretly a faggot. and to be honest I don't care if he is or isn't. (I mean really hollywood is notorious for having leading men being secretly gay, usually for career reasons)

so if they can sell it and I can't tell then they did their job.
>>
>>90774083
>that you made up in your head
I literally made up nothing dummy.

I stated a fact. Iris was Eddie's girlfriend for 1 year, and in that time I'm sure she rejected Barry and friend-zoned him like 4 times. They have no on-screen chemistry cause they have no in-story chemistry. The relationship is sad and comes off as needy because it makes no sense and it's forced beyond belief.

You're the one trying to make it /pol/ related saying it's cause Grant doesn't like black women and trying to use synergy with his real life relationships. Micchone and Rick are currently together in TWD, and I don't think Andrew Lincoln dates that many black women to begin with. Nigga grow up.
>>
>>90774198

You are too fucking stupid for words. You're so focused on story reasons that you don't get that it doesn't mean anything.

If two people get along, it carries on screen and doesn't need to be manufactured 'screen chemistry'

Go watch The Americans and then come back to this show. See how two people interact and show in character chemistry.

I'm giving you examples that go way beyond story and why you buy them as being together. Acting matters, the way people like eachother or don't behind the scenes matter.

People that hate each other off screen can still have great on-screen chemistry.

I made the point that he dates non-white chicks so I was dismissing race as reason why they don't have chemistry you illiterate fuck.
>>
>>90774083
>>90774198
N\either of them really come out well from the relationship Iris is pretty much in love with the Flash rather than Barry, when he was normal she just treated him like her gay BFF.
Barry on the other hand can only say he loves Iris because she makes him stronger seriously that was a shitty proposal. I get the feeling he likes the idea of finally dating the girl he had a crush on as a kid.
>>
>>90774269
>you don't get that it doesn't mean anything
But that's exactly what it means you idiot. In context of the show their chemistry sucks cause their relationship makes no sense.

Analyzing story reasons is more valid than going full /pol/ and looking at real life girlfriends on instagram. What's wrong with you?
>>
>>90773010
Yes, once you tally everything it's a more accurate picture. Just saying that overnight ratings and Nielsen alone don't really tell the whole story anymore, which is what I thought you were doing with that comparison. But my bad if not. Still, I don't really doubt Smallville was bigger. Superman is a much more iconic character overall.
>>
>>90774319

At this point you need to be trolling to be this stupid, good day.
>>
>>90774388
You are the one who's trolling here. I explained to you why they don't have any chemistry and it's primarily cause of their in-story build-up. Their relationship isn't normal and it feels wonky cause it's mostly pity-dating.

It's the same reason that Oliver had the best chemistry with Sara in Arrow. It's cause them being together made sense and they complemented each other well INSIDE THE STORY.

>I used to think it was just because he didn't like dark women

Keep crying and keep being dumb.
Thread posts: 213
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.