[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Temuera Morrison should've voiced the Clone troopers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (411KB, 965x1558px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
411KB, 965x1558px
>Temuera Morrison should've voiced the Clone troopers in SW: TCW

Dee Bradley Baker was great, but Morrison's voice is much more fitting.
>>
>>90725849
True but still DBB did an amazing job.
>>
>>90725849
>Temuera Morrison should've voiced the Clone trooper
Probably couldn't get him, they couldn't get the rest of the cast
>>
Off the top of my head, here's who I know reprised their roles for the series
>Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon
>Daniel Logan as Boba Fett
>Matthew Wood as Grievous
>Anthony Daniels as C-3PO
>Ahmed Best as Jar Jar
>>
>>90726115
might just be that he's out in New Zealand and had fairly solid work for the same period

or it may be that in order to qualify the TCW production for tax incentives or whatever they had to use US-based casting

or it may be that nobody thought to ask him and so it never went anywhere

or it may be that they did ask him and he wasn't really interested in VA work on that scale for that kind of open-ended commitment

i don't think he's pulling in huge amounts - regular work, name actor sure, not working for scale or anything, but i don't know that he'd be prohibitively expensive

>>90725849
the other possibility is that audiences, especially younger audiences, found his accent harder to parse than the NYLON version the clones ended up with
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>90725849
That one episode where Delta Squad showed up and didn't sound like themselves from the game was so weird.
>>
>>90726319
They got Neeson but couldn't get Morrison? That's weird.
>>
>>90726840
Guest character, Imagine Morrison being available full time was an issue.
>>
>>90726840
He was in 2 episodes, Clones were in nearly every episode and Morrison lives in a different country.
>>
>>90726804
Boss was the only one that talked though right? And he had a generic clone voice anyway in the game anyway. Well I mean, it wasn't generic by the game standards obviously, but it's the normal Jango voice.
>>
>>90726804
Someone on gamefaqs theorized that the commandos sounded different because the game takes place from a clone's perspective. Since all of their comrades sound the same, they pick up on subtle differences, and exaggerate them in their heads (Ex: Sev sounds gruff because he got a small throat injury, which, in case of his voice, would be unnoticeable to us, but easily distinguishable for fellow clones, since they all know what the "default" voice sounds like).
>>
>>90726840

Neeson will take any job offered to him so he doesn't have to think about his dead wife
>>
File: 5548572975_923d1a653e.jpg (93KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
5548572975_923d1a653e.jpg
93KB, 500x377px
>tfw prefer the guy that did the Battlefront 2 voices
THEY JUST DON'T LEARN, DO THEY
>>
>>90729706

The clone commander in battlefront 2 always sounded off to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTlNhCqwLeo
>>
>>90725849
Baker atleast put in effort on different sounding clone voices like "veteran",or "rookie" type clones
>>
>>90725849
>Dee Bradley Baker was great,
It sort of is and it sort of isn't. Like many Clone Wars voices the delivery is good but the accent is lazy shit that could be fixed with a little research of how non-Burgers pronounce words.

Obi-wan has the exact same problem. He'd be convicing if he could just learn to pronounce the word 'can't' like an Englishman.
>>
>>90727556
>Taken 5: Fuck You, God
>>
>>90727319
Yeah.

In a way it's weirder that they couldn't get the others, but four guest stars for a one-off fan-squee scene is pushing it.

Could have worked with one of them, but again - might have been confusing to suddenly have clones who don't talk like clones in The Clone Wars show for the section of the audience that undoubtedly didn't play the game.
>>
>>90726029
No. He had what sounded like a bad English accent rather than a New Zealand one.
>>
Tom Kane's Yoda is the bigger casting issue. I just don't get why Lucasfilm hasn't considered just getting Eric Jacobson to be their substitute Yoda. I mean, he's basically taken over all of Frank Oz's Muppet characters and other then Sesame Street, new Muppet stuff is pretty infrequently produced these days so they could have absolutely found time to record him
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.