[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just read NYX Wannabe. What happened to these characters and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: NYX #1 - Cover [HG].jpg (439KB, 986x1519px) Image search: [Google]
NYX #1 - Cover [HG].jpg
439KB, 986x1519px
I just read NYX Wannabe. What happened to these characters and what the fuck? weird
>>
>>90707057
I've always wanted to bang a drugged out rave whore
>>
>>90707057
There was a direct sequel a while later, No Way Home.

I'd like to see some of the kids from NYX again too.
>>
Everything on those book are pretty fucked up... literally
>>
>>90707057
the only character the editors gave half a fuck about just got to co-star in a movie with Hugh Jackman.
I bet she didn't even service a single john, either.
>>
>>90707143
I don't think NYX is all that great but man, I'd rather we occasionally got stuff willing to go to these places than a torrent of quirky books which never ever will.

Mostly I get annoyed because this book is one of many places that you could draw a great supporting cast for X-23 from, and most of her writers ignore the contacts she has outside of the X-crew.
>>
>>90707166
>most of her writers ignore the contacts she has outside of the X-crew.
Most of her writers ignore any and all character development since she busted out of the lab.
Hey remember that time she went to hell, or went on soul searching adventures with Gambit, or was a prostitute? Marvel doesn't because for the next story she needs to be the socially awkward straight (wo)man. I expect it's only going to get worse with Logan out as most comic newbies want to see the same character they saw in the movie.
>>
>>90707057
I bet it was supposed to be a MAX book but editorial got cold feet at the last minute
>>
>>90707057
who is this
>>
>>90707491
Obviously a character from NYX, you fuckwit.
>>
>>90707326
That's true IIRC.

>>90707491
Kiden Nixon.
>>
>>90707563
>Kiden Nixon.
she seems super cute
why isn't she used more
>>
>>90707619
She can stop time. It kind of trivializes most situations.
>>
>>90707665
make it like the dude from The Awesomes
only being able to stop time for like ten second increments
>>
>>90707619
I mean I like Kiden because having a teen who is explicitly kind of fucked-up and from a fucked-up situation, and not quirking your way out of that, and acknowledging stuff like living rough and exploitative crime and drug use can make a good story that is more adult and just plain interesting in what it's handling that a lot of Marvel's current stories about adult women. It lets you cut into areas that just aren't cut into by Marvel right now.

So yeah I'd be happy to see a new NYX story, creative team depending, or a 5 or 10 years on or whatever. If you just want cute, Marvel already gives you that.
>>
>>90707718
I have a thing for fucked up druggy girls
I just wish Marvel published interesting women stories like this instead of cookie cutter quirky stuff
trying to be Zooey Descanel or whatever seems demeaning-ish and just isn't interesting
>>
>>90707747
>I have a thing for fucked up druggy girls
>I just wish Marvel published interesting women stories like this instead of cookie cutter quirky stuff
Two different things senpai.
>>
>>90707300
It's weird and kind of sad when you think about it in the meta sense. The one girl who managed to catch a break from the NYX crew went on to make it big, and now she's got no time to look back at her friends.
>>
>>90707057
well they made a point after House of M to mention none of the characters were depowered so there's that.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.