[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do modern cartoons have such a boner for simple low effort

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (130KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
130KB, 1280x720px
Why do modern cartoons have such a boner for simple low effort art styles? You can say 'oh well it's easier to animate and means they can do more' but they almost never take advantage of the simple styles and keep the movement, cinematography and action simple too. This is why you constantly see modern cartoons compared to 90s/early 2000s and anime. Anime may have far less frames but they at least have more going on with the character designs.
Is it really just laziness and a community of 'professional artists' who pat each other on the back?
>>
>>90702442
>Why do modern cartoons have such a boner for simple low effort art styles?
I know I do
>>
>>90702442
I don't know, why does Dexter's Lab, PPG and Johnny Bravo have simple, low effort styles?
>>
>>90702442
>>90702442
You sound angry.
>>
concept art from ok ko

(I've nothing further or more intelligent to offer)
>>
>>90702850
actually, looks kinda anime-inspired
>>
>>90702783
Because their animators actually animate, as opposed to what we have today.
>>
>>90702894
id gladly take this than the ugly sausage looking art style
i do like the animation in the despite the style though
>>
>>90702894
>sexy lady an freaky demon
o ima like this show for sure
>>
>>90702735
That has far more effort put into it than OP's pic.
>>
>>90702894
I hopes this is on the show.
>>
>>90702850
>>90702894

There's really no point in posting concept art because once it gets handed over to the koreans it all get turned into garbage like the OP anyway.
>>
>>90702963
You have incredible nostalgia. The Hanna-Barbera/Cartoon Network cartoons were all about cutting corners wherever possible.
>>
>>90703228
No shit Hannah Barbera cartoons are limited, no one is questioning that.
>>
>>90702442
because lowering the standard helps perpetuate the idiocracy

because quality entertainment creates a demand for more quality entertainment
>>
>>90702442
>>90703387

also maybe networks aren't willing to pay people. you always have to factor capitalism in to considering why things are shitty. always.
>>
>>90702442
IT'S CHEAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

STOP MAKING THIS THREAD

THE CHANNELS PRODUCING THESE AD VEHICLES FOR ADVERTISEMENTS DON'T WANT TO SPEND MONEY

IT'S BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING CHEAP
>>
File: bombchu girl.gif (503KB, 224x168px)
bombchu girl.gif
503KB, 224x168px
Modern cartoon aesthetics derived from a generation of artists raised on '90s and 2000's cartoons and anime. honestly it's about as cartoony as Dexter and Dee Dee or the Powerpuff Girls their creators watched as kids
>>
Considering the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 2010s, the 90s/early 00s were the exception rather than the rule. The question is what caused the spike and why'd it dissipate?
>>
>>90703199
>"here, when you proof me wrong, i will then make up an excuse"
>>
>>90703502
Except those shows had nice silhouettes, good inking, and good composition despite the limited animation. The fact that visually, nuPPG looks far inferior to the original despite that not that many design changes were made tell you how important those little details are in the difference between pretty and ugly.
>>
>>90702442
Because the success of Regular Show and Adventure Time lowered the standard for detailed and interesting art styles/character designs. Now all we get is low effort, overly simplistic garbage that tries to emulate those shows because that's apparently what modern cartoon fans like.
>>
>>90702442
Spongebob's budget used to be around $200k - $400k per 11-minute episode when it started. That was considered low budget back in the day.

That's the standard budget for almost every show now. Let that sink in.
>>
>>90702894
>devil and girl
is this a jojo reference?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.