[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do batfags relentlessly assert that batman could beat every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 15

File: batman_superman.png (2MB, 1405x1080px) Image search: [Google]
batman_superman.png
2MB, 1405x1080px
Why do batfags relentlessly assert that batman could beat every superhuman even though in the comics he regularly gets his shit kicked in by metahumans and normies?
>>
>>90698128
Might as well ask why haven't batfags read any batman comics. Besides, comics can have anyone beating anyone, because, the characters are as strong as the writers need.
>>
>>90698128

People mistake 'potentially could' for 'absolutely will'.

That (or its inverse) is the heart of all internet arguments.
>>
File: 65665656.jpg (36KB, 932x676px)
65665656.jpg
36KB, 932x676px
>>90698254
>comics can have anyone beating anyone,

True. Although i'd say superhero cartoons are worse for that.

>batman trading punches with a guy who can go toe to toe with superman
>>
>>90698128
Why don't you make a thread about a character you like or storytime a comic that you would like people to read instead of batman comics?

Why do people that hate batman only post about batman and are more obsessed with batman than the Joker?
>>
>>90698314
They target low hanging fruit since all they really want to do is bash Batman.
>>
>>90698307

lol yeah.

I think the pinnacle of that is the batman vs captain america debate.
Where in the crossover batman admits that cap could beat him.
To many that apparently means cap would absolutely beat him
>>
>>90698314

I like batman.
I don't like batgod.
>>
>>90698128
Why do Bruce and Clark look like twin brothers?
>>
File: batman superman.jpg (322KB, 638x825px) Image search: [Google]
batman superman.jpg
322KB, 638x825px
>>90698128
>>
I remember an anthology that had Bruce bragging to Alfred about how he was better than the league. To which Alfred responded by having a couple of street thugs beat his ass.
>>
>>90698468

i lol'd
>>
He gets walked all over by superhumans he's not prepared to fight.

If he's not ready for a specific fight, he's just a really smart ninja with gadgets. He might be able to use those gadgets to overcome a superhuman threat with quick thinking, but that's not as certain as a battle he's ready for.
>>
>>90698495
Kek
>>
>>90698495

lol weird
>>
File: 5daa4adb0df6366048815ae13ff9488a.jpg (118KB, 736x1047px) Image search: [Google]
5daa4adb0df6366048815ae13ff9488a.jpg
118KB, 736x1047px
>>90698382
>I don't like batgod.
>i don't like Morrison's version of batman

Yeahm go fuck youself.

>>90698463
Clark has a more rounded face, he is more american looking as in looks white but you can't point out an ethnicity. Bruce has a finer nose, a stronger jaw and looks Scottish-Celtic not really a traditional anglo look. They look similar but there's clear differences, also Clark has a shitty hairline but for some reason everyone in the batfamily aside from jason have Peak Human Hair.
>>
>>90698537

For sure. He's an insanely badass human, but he's not undefeatable. Fuck, he get's punched in the face pretty hard by thugs and henchmen. But he could defeat spider-man and goku?
>>
>>90698382

Bullshit. Especially since you clearly don't know what the batgod is.
>>
>>90698607
>>i don't like Morrison's version of batman

Not gonna lie, i don't know what that means
>>
>>90698635

Batgod means he can dodge omega beams because of "muh superior tactics!"
>>
>>90698655

Batgod = Morrison's Batman
>>
>>90698307

Anyone could potentially beat anyone with time to plan. :)
>>
>>90698692

well ok. But why do i have to go fuck myself for that reason?
>>
>>90698678
>Batgod means he can dodge omega beams because of "muh superior tactics!"
No you dumbass. Batgod is a specific interpretation of the character designed to work with in the league and as a cumulative of all the skills Batman was supposed to have, the ultimate human hero in DC.
You clearly don't know shit about Batman, and that is more than fine. But don't pretend you like the character. Do a storytime about someone you actually like and stop flooding the board with threads abotu one superhero that already has too much exposure and too much threads
>>
>>90698719
>Anyone could potentially beat anyone with time to plan. :)

Not Hal Jordan
>>
>>90698774

lol gosh, sorry. I didn't know "batgod" was such a specific epithet.

You've out nerded me!

But i do like batman. I just don't like when the story allows him to do the literally impossible.
Like dodging guided laser beams that even superman has trouble with.

Take it down a notch lol
>>
>>90698874
What superhero do you like that isn't talked about on here
>>
>>90698128

Why does /co/ have so many threads like this, but I never see any of the threads in question?
>>
>>90698938

Ja-kal from mummies alive. But i'm not sure what you'r getting at.
>>
>>90698998

Start your own thread about batman vs impossibly powerful ______.

You'll soon see
>>
>>90698874

>lol gosh, sorry. I didn't know "batgod" was such a specific epithet.

It is. It starts in the very first arc of Morrison's JLA

>I just don't like when the story allows him to do the literally impossible.

Then you don't like comics.

>Like dodging guided laser beams that even superman has trouble with.

So we are talking about cartoons
>>
>>90698351
for the record, batman could and will beat the fuck up of captain america in a fight, he has more experience fighting metas and his also a better fighter not to mention the gadgets and tactical mind, caps has nothing on bats
>>
>>90699016
Then don't start those dumb threads either.
EVERY vs thread with batman or superman are made by retarded insecure fanboys that want validation of their preferences against one of the world's finest. Its always the same shit.
>>
>>90699026

>Then you don't like comics.

Nah. I don't mind when it happens form time to time. But it ruins the story when it happens constantly. But it's more ridiculous when batfags argue that he can beat...well everybody or anything lol

>So we are talking about cartoons

No, that's just one of the more egregious examples. Although the animated representations are definitely they worst offenders
>>
>>90699086

Nah. Pit batman against literally any superhero against whom he would have no chance and they'll tell you why he would still win
>>
>>90698128
batman ''could'' beat off most of the superhumans and thats mostly because he has the experience by his side, his nothing but a mere human coexisting in a world whith gods and that fact made him gave his best everyday just to keep up, he has faced a lot of metas in his career he knows how much he risk in a fight when to punch and how much distance get for certain metas, he could pretty much beat up most of the marvel metas in a fight just like lex luthor.
>>
>>90698874
It's been a while, but doesn't Bruce just make the omega beam hit a mook? That's fighting darkseid 101.

He sure as fuck doesn't dodge it in final crisis
>>
It's not so much that he's guaranteed to beat metahumans - he does regularly get his shit fucked up by them, it's more like, the human spirit. The average, regular, everyday man (withbillionsofdollars) rising up to fight against threats that are out of his league.
>>
>>90699425

Don't remember. But how does human dodge a beam that moves faster than his neurons can fire?
>>
>>90699257
>batman ''could'' beat off most of the superhumans and thats mostly because he has the experience by his side, his nothing but a mere human coexisting in a world whith gods and that fact made him gave his best everyday just to keep up, he has faced a lot of metas in his career he knows how much he risk in a fight when to punch and how much distance get for certain metas, he could pretty much beat up most of the marvel metas in a fight just like lex luthor.
>batman ''could'' beat off most of the superhumans and thats mostly because he has the experience by his side, his nothing but a mere human coexisting in a world whith gods and that fact made him gave his best everyday just to keep up,
>batman ''could'' beat off most of the superhumans and thats mostly because he has the experience by his side,
>batman ''could'' beat off most of the superhumans
>beat off
kek
>>
>>90699451

I can get behind that. And i can totally get behind him beating metahumans when it makes sense.
Just not when it's a standoff, toe to toe fight
>>
>>90699425
Yed he did, but you are talking with someone that just dislikes batman, and doesnt want to talk about any character that isnt batman
>>
>>90699507
The beam doesnt move that fast. You were serious when you called it a laser?
>>
>>90699554

...i do like batman, as i've said. And should i be talking about other characters in a thread about batman?

lol you sound a bit butthurt to be honest...
>>
>>90699588

I think they're pretty fast. the Flash has struggled to dodge them
>>
>>90699181
Galactus
>>
>>90699000
I wanted to know 'cuz I like Batman as a cool human guy too. I was all, you might have another character you like that I'd like to check out
>>
>>90699611
>lol
>>90699667
The omega beams are not fast or slow, they just ARE. You can't dodge them, you either get shocked or you make them hit something else. And you are still talking about cartoons
>>
>>90699668

try it
>>
>>90699792

Oh ok. Well watch mummies alive. Also gargoyles
>>
>>90698128
shouldn't he have eye makeup on?
>>
>>90699808
>The omega beams are not fast or slow, they just ARE.

lol what?
>>
File: 1344222745184.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1344222745184.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>90699808

>omega beams have no speed
>>
File: Animation1.gif (65KB, 298x315px) Image search: [Google]
Animation1.gif
65KB, 298x315px
>>90698128
>>
>>90699507
They aren't that fast, in the cartoon you are referencing at least. They're slow, but they don't stop following until they hit something.

Frankly I think it shows how good batman is portrayed in JLU. His big contribution in the last big fight of the show is just not getting killed
>>
>>90698792
>I'm gonna hit him with a big green boxing glove
>>
>>90698737
Because Morrison's run of Batman was considered one of the best in his entire history, and to shit on Batgod is to shit on that run.

Most people think Batgod is "Batman wins every fight" but in the actual Morrison story, Batgod just means "BATMAN AND ROBIN WILL NEVER DIE!"
>>
>>90701062
All you're doing is proving Hal is best boy

Hal x Suffering best ship
>>
>>90701075
There's even a point in Morrison's run where Batman thinks he's the Batgod, gets totally overconfident and ends up getting his shit pushed in by a geriatric pychopath
>>
>>90701143
I just really enjoy the sentiment that the story brings to the table, which is Batman may not win every fight, but you can never kill him. He will return from the ends of the earth and time because the idea of him is so strong.
>>
>>90701208
I like that Bruce is the one that creates the legend and power behind the symbol of the Bat as he falls through time.

I just fucking love Morrison's Bat-epic
>>
>Muh preptime
>>
These bait threads always get more replies than any power level threads. Which, by the way, happen very rarely.
>>
>>90701714
I feel like "could batman beat so and so" threads almost never happen on /co/. That's more of a reddit thing
>>
>>90701075
>Batgod just means "BATMAN AND ROBIN WILL NEVER DIE!"
This, is about batman ELEVATING himself to do the impossible. He trains to survive in space for one minute, why? it makes no sense until he needs to do it. Batgod can't save the day at the end of time. but he can drag the ultimate evil to the present were the league can defeat it as they do any other monster.
>>
File: 1480455973738.png (165KB, 475x351px) Image search: [Google]
1480455973738.png
165KB, 475x351px
>Superman is overpowered
>Batman is the best because he's a normal guy with limits
>but Batman could totally beat up Superman because he's prepared for literally every conceivable possibility

And batfags will parrot this without a shred of irony
>>
>>90698495

>I remember an anthology that had Bruce bragging to Alfred about how he was better than the league. To which Alfred responded by having a couple of street thugs beat his ass.

A text anthology, or a comic anthology? Source on this, please?
>>
>>90698312
what is the source for this fine moustache
>>
>>90698128
Because Batman is the respresentation of human ingenuity vs nature and greater power, the reason we survived against every species that is inherently physically superior to us. He is the stand-in for invention, intellect, and resourcefulness vs natural might and power. If you know anything about storytelling you know that the classic archetype of David's ingenuity vs Goliath's overwhelming power is one of the guiding paths on all conflict in fiction with the resourceful human figure overcoming the odds against the mighty beast.

Batman wins against every other hero and villain because watching Goliath squash David because he's a giant wouldn't make a good narrative, it's boring and expected. The narrative comes out of human ingenuity finding a way to defeat opposing forces despite physical inferiority.

The reason Injustice is Superman turning evil and not Batman is because there's not narrative value in an all-powerful being overcoming a human. There's narrative value in humans banding together to overcome an all-powerful being.
>>
>>90702522
The irony is, we've seen it happen so often in basically every media besides comics (and even there a few times), Batman might as well be Goliath.

Sometimes it feels like you genuinely have to argue "No, Hal Jordan could take Batman in a fight." and people still don't believe it.
>>
>>90701121
Dumb Hal is best hal
>>
File: supercat.jpg (91KB, 641x600px) Image search: [Google]
supercat.jpg
91KB, 641x600px
>>90698774
is this the go to response when people bitch about batman being written as OP?

"nuh huh and you hate batman and or comics"?
>>
>>90698128
>>90702230

I mean, Superman has two highly exploitable weaknesses that Batman knows about. Kryptonite and the radiation of a red sun. Two silver bullets that exist solely because writers needed a way to rationalize Superman ever being in danger. It's not so much that Batman "could totally beat up Superman" it's more along the lines of it being conceivable for him to win an altercation by exploiting either of the two aforementioned weaknesses. It's been done before, and Batman isn't special in that regard. The inverse isn't really discussed much, because everyone knows the obvious power discrepancy in the two, the situations in which Superman wins don't need to be discussed.

A lot of people like to use Miller's TDKR as an example of Batman being better than Superman, but fail to realize Miller wasn't making any kind of statement like that, but instead just using Superman as a symbol for something else (which, granted, was a disrespectful use of the character). Casuals will also reference Tower of Babel, when in actuality the entire arc was Waid taking a shit on Batman's character. He was real loser in the story because, in his hubris and psychopathy, he put the Justice League, and thereby the world, in danger.

Also Morrison's Batgod has nothing to do with inter-hero power level. It was about taking a human being to his absolute craziest limits and sometimes beyond. Morrison wanted to make Batman a badass again in his JLA after a decade of losing and getting his ass beat (Jason, Knightfall, etc.), and remind people why a non-meta is on the Justice League. It had nothing to do with being able to beat up Superman or anything like that.
>>
>>90701062
Batman can only put so much Anti big green boxing glove repellent bat spray i his utility belt
>>
File: 07.png (2MB, 800x1141px) Image search: [Google]
07.png
2MB, 800x1141px
>>90698607
Its really up to the artist on how they differentiate the two, some comics have them looking like carbon copies except for the noses.
Other times, there is pic related.
>>
File: 1471383165456.jpg (1MB, 1773x1569px) Image search: [Google]
1471383165456.jpg
1MB, 1773x1569px
>>90703021
they look like they could be brothers,with the same hair and eyes

maybe batman likes diana and clark because they remind him of his parents
or is that true
>>
>>90703096

At least Janin draws them differently. But then again he draws Clark pretty much EXACTLY like he draws Dick.
>>
>>90703096
How old is Bruce supposed to be in here?
Mid to late 30s? 40s?
>>
>>90703198

He was de-aged a couple years ago during Snyder's run. So he's supposed to be "in his prime" whatever you consider that to be.
>>
File: 1391895323443.jpg (40KB, 439x294px)
1391895323443.jpg
40KB, 439x294px
>It's another autistic Bat hater makes a thread because he stumble upon a casual jerking off Batman again.

Honestly for people that actually read comics, Bathaters are even more faggy.
>>
>>90702919
>Also Morrison's Batgod has nothing to do with inter-hero power level. It was about taking a human being to his absolute craziest limits and sometimes beyond. Morrison wanted to make Batman a badass again in his JLA after a decade of losing and getting his ass beat (Jason, Knightfall, etc.), and remind people why a non-meta is on the Justice League. It had nothing to do with being able to beat up Superman or anything like that.

This, but it's a easy way to spot a casual when they don't know Batgod doesnt mean OP batman.
>>
You guys know Lex, one of supermans greatest foes, is just a smart guy, like batman.
>>
File: 1487698214597.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1487698214597.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>90703198
>>90703231
Bruce is 32 in the current continuity.
>>
>>90703599
>Bruce is 32
Then how old are the Robins?
Isn't Dick like 20 or something?
Then doesn't that mean that Bruce adopted Dick when Bruce was 12.
>>
File: batman timeline.jpg (906KB, 991x3507px) Image search: [Google]
batman timeline.jpg
906KB, 991x3507px
>>90704032
Dick was like 16 when he met Bruce in new52.
>>
>>90699051
Kang time shennanigans gave him over a century of combat experience or him fighting Vs Zola more recently shoves Cap way above bruce in that and the serum literally makes his mind peak human too combined with the fact that he doesn't ever lose any stamina.
Batman is inferior to Steve Rogers in every aspect except money.
>>
>>90698774
Assblasted batfaggots have evolved since the last time I saw them.
>>
>>90701075
You're either confusing or deliberately mixing up two terms, the canon "batgod" you're referring to, and the fan lingo "batgod" which is a generic reference to crazy "ULTIMATE PREPTIME" batwank prevalent on the internet.

Batman gets beaten and incapacitated by street mooks in his own books, but give him a crossover and he's a cosmic-tier combatant with Anti-Darkseid spray suddenly.
>>
>>90702784
>>90702522
Slings are actually very dangerous weapons which everyone present in the time period knew.
David vs Goliath is a dude bringing a surprise shotgun to a boxing match then bragging about it.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (16KB, 230x213px)
triggered.jpg
16KB, 230x213px
>>90703535
It's okay for other humans like Lex to out smart Superman. Or pull off superhuman level feats. It's only bullshit when Batman is involved with similar feats against other characters. You see there's no such thing as Lex being wanked. Only Batman can be wanked. Batwank is a real thing. There's no other wank possible for other characters. Because he's way more popular and they are not. He been treated differently and therefore his feats are only done out of the bias writers. Don't pretend like you know what it's like for less popular characters. Check your privileges.
>>
>>90702409
Character from the Show 30 Rock. He was made for the shows made up holliday
>>
>>90698128
Because you hang around normies or in retarded underage forums like comic vine.
>>
File: IMG_2502.jpg (149KB, 640x785px)
IMG_2502.jpg
149KB, 640x785px
>>90698128
Because they fucking self insert as him to give their pathetic lives meaning.
>>
>>90698314
Tbf though, why are Batfags obsessed with Batman "beating" everyone? They seem to think Clark and Bruce hate each other, and Diana is just there to suck Bruce off thanks to Timm.
>>
>>90698617

If you gave Batman and Goku a year to prepare for a fight Batman would win
>>
>>90705211
There are plenty of people that self insert as Superman too, and Flash and Joker. Stop pretending like this is any different than any other comicbook character ever created
>>90705234
The same reason why People think the same thing about Goku. Because it usually their first taste of comics and they have misconceptions about the characters. Just like the casual anime fans think Goku is the strongest. Also Diana is has been portrayed as Superman love interest more than Batman's. I'm willing to say the more people associate her with Superman than Batman. BM/WW mostly comes from kids that grew up with the JL cartoon. People that don't even no shit about the characters think WW is Superman's girlfriend. Just look at how much DC put them together in various medias like Cartoons, games and if they didn't already introduce Lois as Supes love interest in MoS, you can bet it would have been WW in JL.
>>
>>90705211

Not one full stop
>>
>>90703021
>a fucking mediocre doujin artist makes more effort to make the two (and Dick) look different than one another than actual comic artists do

>>90703096
....source?
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.